Options

DKC Tropical Freeze: The sound of a thousand balloons popping.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    The music in that trailer was really good. And although I really like music, I usually don't pay attention to VG music all that much. I think I may have just moved TF to a day one purchase because of that trailer.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    The levels are so creative.

A fruit smashing factory or whatever the hell? A level in a freaking tornado?!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I preordered this yesterday. I used a couple trade-ins for it, and now only have to pay five bucks upon release.

Can't wait.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    I preordered this from Amazon. I've never done that before, so I have no idea when I should expect the game.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Kor wrote: »
    I preordered this from Amazon. I've never done that before, so I have no idea when I should expect the game.

A lot of times they have release date delivery, but i didn't see it available this time.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I almost just ordered at Amazon, but then I remembered I have a pre-order from NewEgg that I placed in like October of last year.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

A lot of times they have release date delivery, but i didn't see it available this time.

When it comes to Nintendo, Amazon doesn't always offer release date delivery. I really hope they do this time though. If they don't ship mine by Thursday night, I'll just go digital.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    A quick heads-up:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze will be $49.99 with a free $10 gift card at Fred Meyer. Go get it!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    So this isn't launching at a $59.99 MSRP? Because that is rather nice.

Does anyone have a comparison of disc vs. eshop load times?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    A quick heads-up:

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze will be $49.99 with a free $10 gift card at Fred Meyer. Go get it!

Apparently Toys R Us has a similar deal.

image.jpeg

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    TRU deal public or in a certain area? Didn't see it in my weekly ad

e: Nevermind, I found it when I flipped through the digital version.

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      A quick heads-up:

image.jpeg

Damn you TRU!

Actually, I just want a PA person to visit me at work. :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
      A quick heads-up:

image.jpeg

Damn you TRU!

I would totally visit you at work, especially since your work always seems to have such great deals. But you are on the other side of the country

steam_sig.png
      3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    • Options
      A quick heads-up:

image.jpeg

Damn you TRU!

It's a shame you don't work at a Fred Meyer anywhere near me. I'd totally visit.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
      Ack! I'm jealous of that tie!

Also, I've played the first couple of stages, and I'm liking it so far. If you're using the GamePad (or presumably the Pro), having played DKCR 3D on 3DS is a bit of an asset for knowing how the control schemes work.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
      Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    • Options
      QuicalQuical Registered User regular
      http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-review

Eurogamer review is REALLY weird and makes no sense. It reads like a review of nintendo rather than the game.

NNID: Quical
      STEAM: Quical
      Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    • Options
      AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
      edited February 2014
      It got a six from gamespot. It's a shame as what I saw of it at IGNs black beta awards a while backed looked good.

Aegeri on
      The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    • Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
      Quical wrote: »
      http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-review

Eurogamer review is REALLY weird and makes no sense. It reads like a review of nintendo rather than the game.

It's a better game in basically every way, but it's got less importance, so it gets a 7.

LxX6eco.jpg
      PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    • Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
      Aegeri wrote: »
      It got a six from gamespot. It's a shame as what I saw of it at IGNs black beta awards a while backed looked good.

Polygon's review is literally the exact opposite of Gamespot's.

LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
      IGN have the polar opposite opinion to Gamespot. Looks like it's a divisive title from the review score spread.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    • Options
      edited February 2014
      That Polygon video review looks incredible.

SyphonBlue on
      LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
      IGN have the polar opposite opinion to Gamespot. Looks like it's a divisive title from the review score spread.

Or Gamespots a crazy outlier. Shocking l know

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    • Options

Yeah, at least he had actual criticism about the game, unlike Eurogamer's "This game is really really really great, better than the last one, but it's not important so it sucks".

LxX6eco.jpg
    • Options
      "DKC is becoming another Nintendo series where quality grows and importance shrinks with each faithful new instalment. "

What does that even mean?

• Options
      SyphonBlue wrote: »

Yeah, at least he had actual criticism about the game, unlike Eurogamer's "This game is really really really great, better than the last one, but it's not important so it sucks".

I read that as " this should have been metroid waaa". A follow up to a smash hit franchise revival that sold like 2 million copies and got an unprecedented 3DS port which also sold well seems important to me

• Options
      Maz- wrote: »
      "DKC is becoming another Nintendo series where quality grows and importance shrinks with each faithful new instalment. "

What does that even mean?

@King Riptor has it right I think.

It means the game is great, but we want another Metroid. 6/10!

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      edited February 2014

I read that as " this should have been metroid waaa". A follow up to a smash hit franchise revival that sold like 2 million copies and got an unprecedented 3DS port which also sold well seems important to me

The Wii version sold more than 5 million copies and the 3DS version sold about 1.5 million copies worldwide. Sounds pretty "important" to me.

Maz- on
    • Options
      Maz- wrote: »

The Wii version sold more than 5 million copies and the 3DS version sold about 1.5 million copies worldwide. Sounds pretty "important" to me.

Oh wow. As piecemeal as the wii user base is thats pretty damn impressive

• Options
      edited February 2014
      Yea, what most people don't think about when they complain about Retro doing Metroid, is that DKCR has sole more than all three Prime games combined.

As awesome as Metroid and Retro's Prime games are, they were not huge sellers.

Brainiac 8 on
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      Yup. It sold well because it was an absolutely outstanding platformer (the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World, in my opinion) and Retro chose to make a sequel. Nintendo basically gave them free reign on what their next project was going to be, so they could've theoretically made another Metroid or a Star Fox or F-Zero or whatever but they said that they liked working on DK so much and that they had so many ideas left that they made a sequel.

• Options
      Well they were successful by Nintendos ( ie sane people) metric. If it had been EA or something yeah itd be seen as a failure

• Options
      Oh yea, they were successful games, critically and commercially, but just not as successful as DKCR was. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      Yea, what most people don't think about when they complain about Retro doing Metroid, is that DKCR has sole more than all three Prime games combined.

Yeah, but it is hard to compare those two numbers when you look at the install base for each of their systems.

It's not fair to compare Prime's numbers on the Gamecube, to DKCR's numbers on the Wii.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
      Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    • Options
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Yeah, but it is hard to compare those two numbers when you look at the install base for each of their systems.

It's not fair to compare Prime's numbers on the Gamecube, to DKCR's numbers on the Wii.

What about Prime 3 to DKCR?

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
      I never let the particular graces of reviewers determine if I will or will not buy a game

My own anticipation has only steered me wrong a very, very few times

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      Wyborn wrote: »
      I never let the particular graces of reviewers determine if I will or will not buy a game

My own anticipation has only steered me wrong a very, very few times

Same here. I can usually tell if I'm going to like a game by looking at a couple gameplay videos and comparing it to similar games I've played and enjoyed.

• Options
      VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
      also if it has 'donkey kong country' in the title

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch