Options

[chat] Fandango

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Turning a protagonist into a villain between games is cheating because you are taking the choice out of the players' hands. Blah Blah narrative blah blah artist.

It's lazy and it runs the risk of ruining what may have been a beloved character. Which has always seemed foolish to me more from a business standpoint than anything else.

Which game(s) did this?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    so i guess we have moved through the option period and are for-real buying a house

@Gonmun‌ how are things going with your home buying times, bro?

Grats Gooey! I hope you guys are really happy with it and that the move goes smoothly for you.

Haven't heard anything more with relation to things for us. Frankly I'm of the mind I'm probably not getting the deposit back on the initial offer unless they are snail mailing it to me but I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. Think the wife and I are going to take some time and re-evaluate and continue to save money and build her credit. Might revisit it in 6 months or a year so we don't have to ask my folks to co-sign if her credit is established enough then and might look into modular homes closer to where my son's new high school will be located.

as long as you were in your option period you should be getting any deposit back beyond the option fee, right?

We thought we were, or rather, we thought things had broken down since we hadn't seen a single financial document nor had we provided any docs to the realtor to see if we were approved on conditional financing.

hmm. they ought to be refunding you then, i think. i would dog your agent about it, i guess.

Last email I sent was on Thursday and asked that they forward it to us at their earliest convienence. No response from them since and after they attempted to bully us into buying by saying they had told the sellers to see a lawyer I just really want to get them out of my life forever. Already spoke with a lawyer myself but the deposit was so little that it's not something I'm incredibly heartbroken over anyway so we'll see how it goes.

speak to a lawyer? for what? until you sign on the dotted line at closing you can back out for any reason. you haven't bought the house yet! i would tell them to get fucked if i were you.

Hmm...let's see if I can find that post...

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/29208497/#Comment_29208497

Didn't think it best to go into a whole lot of details. Don't know about PM's or what not but yeah...long story. :(

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I FUCKING HATE JAMES FRANCO SO MUCH

why

there's absolutely no way he's doing post-graduate studies, writing books, starring in big films, and doing art exhibits all at the same time. i'm 100% sure he's a fraud.

also he has a dumb face

does choco know you want franco's d

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I'm a giant nerd with nerdy friends, but without adding any new friends on Live since my new console purchase I noticed that 5 of my buddies were online on Xbox Ones this weekend. Considering my Live friend list was one of the reasons I stuck with the MS console, I am pretty pleased with that. Also, Titanfall next week.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I wasn't a fan of Prototype 2's character development:
    While I enjoyed Infamous better than Prototype, I thought Prototype had a really interesting thing where essentially a virus designed to kill everything has the potential to end up becoming a much better person than the guy he's impersonating. Having him be definitively evil later was ehhhhh.

this wouldn't have effected me so much because
    I was a goddamn lovecraftian nightmare in 1. It just seemed like the thing to do. I ate everyone.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also i ordered some stuff from uniqlo yesterday at like 1pm, free shipping, and it's being delivered today

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

how

edit I see

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

why

there's absolutely no way he's doing post-graduate studies, writing books, starring in big films, and doing art exhibits all at the same time. i'm 100% sure he's a fraud.

also he has a dumb face

ohhhh I see what's going on here.

You want the D bad.

I want him to get a D

which gets him expel

i hate you james franco

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I have no idea how this interview is going to go.

I really really really really hope it isn't me floundering around for 45 minutes.

Or worse, 30 minutes because they cut the interview short.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I feel like we're all talking past here a little bit, so let's back up a bit

So we all acknowledge that eastern europe and asia minor, basically everything surround the black sea, has been a geopolitical hotspot ever since men learned they could ride on horses and float in carved out tree trunks. The general chat response to why this was is nukes, which may be a current factor but which I do not believe is a primary or historical factor.

I'm arguing that trade routes, geography of the Turkish Straits, natural resources, deep ethnic carve-outs, and a tendency for empires to gravitate towards all of those factors (among many other long historical processes) is what makes eastern europe a constant trigger point for international tensions

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Is "fastest selling" corrected for the size of the market now as opposed to at the times of the other launches?

It doesn't seem that meaningful a number, in absolute terms.

Well, the PS2/gamecube/xbox generation sold ~200 million units, and the PS3/360/wii generation sold ~260 million units... 100 million of which were Wiis and sold to a vastly different segment not interested in modern consoles.

If anything the modern console market shrunk last generation.

uhh you mean wiis sold to casuals, not real gamers

Sort of. Not all of them.

the Wii was an odd console, in that there were some great core-gamer experiences... and I get the feeling the 20-25 million people who owned gamecubes all upgraded to the Wii to get those experiences.

Then there was the 75 million additional Wii sales... which I can't help but feel like were built off the backs of Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and a variety of other, not-core gaming experiences that reached a much much wider audience than twilight princess or metroid prime could ever hope to achieve.

And I think almost all of those people now have iPads, iPhones or some other manner of touch & gyro-based mobile device that they get their gaming fix on now, and will probably not buy into another console any time soon (if ever).

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

why

also he has a dumb face

wut

no

he has an adorable and lovable face

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sounds like Cass is saying,

There's no way one man can be so incredibly awesome!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm a giant nerd with nerdy friends, but without adding any new friends on Live since my new console purchase I noticed that 5 of my buddies were online on Xbox Ones this weekend. Considering my Live friend list was one of the reasons I stuck with the MS console, I am pretty pleased with that. Also, Titanfall next week.

I have ~20ish xbox one friends right now.

Admittedly I have not done much online gaming with them because the xbox one party system is two steps removed from completely fucking broken... but the March 11th update (and titanfall) is going to fix that.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

why

also he has a dumb face

i don't think he's a fraud

i think he's definitely parroting a lot of work that scholars have already done

also did you read his poetry?

it was bad

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I feel like there are enough kinds of edible animal parts to not ever have to bother with the liver, or really any organs. I am sure they have their qualities, but I am perfectly ok with not eating it.

Well, MAYBE I could be persuaded into trying a hearty brain stew...

This seems incredibly wasteful.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I got my wii mostly because I wanted the virtual console. I'd own way more games on it if the NES games were cheaper.

Neco on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

why

also he has a dumb face

wut

no

spring-breakers-james-franco-alien.jpg

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    I feel like there are enough kinds of edible animal parts to not ever have to bother with the liver, or really any organs. I am sure they have their qualities, but I am perfectly ok with not eating it.

no it goes right into the compost pile!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Eh, there are uses for offal that isn't eating them. You can render them down into fertilizer for instance.

• Options
    Flexcoin, which proclaimed itself to be the "world's first bitcoin bank" and the solver of "nearly every problem that exists with the Bitcoin currency today," says it has shut down after a robbery. An attacker made off with 896 bitcoins, the equivalent of about $620,000 at today's exchange rates.

You don't say.
    A statement on Flexcoin's website read as follows:

On March 2nd 2014 Flexcoin was attacked and robbed of all coins in the hot wallet. The attacker made off with 896 BTC, dividing them into these two addresses:

1NDkevapt4SWYFEmquCDBSf7DLMTNVggdu

1QFcC5JitGwpFKqRDd9QNH3eGN56dCNgy6

As Flexcoin does not have the resources, assets, or otherwise to come back from this loss, we are closing our doors immediately.

Sure, but those coins still have their full value. No central bank robbing them of their worth by inflation. Not in my world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    so i guess we have moved through the option period and are for-real buying a house

Grats Gooey! I hope you guys are really happy with it and that the move goes smoothly for you.

Haven't heard anything more with relation to things for us. Frankly I'm of the mind I'm probably not getting the deposit back on the initial offer unless they are snail mailing it to me but I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. Think the wife and I are going to take some time and re-evaluate and continue to save money and build her credit. Might revisit it in 6 months or a year so we don't have to ask my folks to co-sign if her credit is established enough then and might look into modular homes closer to where my son's new high school will be located.

as long as you were in your option period you should be getting any deposit back beyond the option fee, right?

We thought we were, or rather, we thought things had broken down since we hadn't seen a single financial document nor had we provided any docs to the realtor to see if we were approved on conditional financing.

hmm. they ought to be refunding you then, i think. i would dog your agent about it, i guess.

Last email I sent was on Thursday and asked that they forward it to us at their earliest convienence. No response from them since and after they attempted to bully us into buying by saying they had told the sellers to see a lawyer I just really want to get them out of my life forever. Already spoke with a lawyer myself but the deposit was so little that it's not something I'm incredibly heartbroken over anyway so we'll see how it goes.

speak to a lawyer? for what? until you sign on the dotted line at closing you can back out for any reason. you haven't bought the house yet! i would tell them to get fucked if i were you.

Didn't think it best to go into a whole lot of details. Don't know about PM's or what not but yeah...long story. :(

shit bro, lame. sorry to hear about your troubles. If it's any consolation, (and i would imagine the lawyer you talked to told you something similar), they don't really have a leg to stand on i think. but i am not a lawyer.

That's the danger of the closing period, right? i mean, the deal can fall apart and there's no recourse for anything. the only time a lawyer is really able to get involved is post-closing, if you feel like something was misrepresented in the deal.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

SAVE THE ORGANS FOR TRANSPLANTS!

Also, I am typing from my phone and for some reason, before I typed anything, my phone suggested the word "orgasm". Just because, I guess.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    which, even if he's unoriginal and just using his star power to bring less visible cultural figures into view

hosting art exhibits (see: using his money to get his friends/artists he likes exhibits)

who cares?

nothing is harmed and if you don't like what he's curating don't go/don't buy it

• Options
    I'm sure James Franco legitimately does all of those things, he's just not very good at any of them

He's not holding himself out as anything more than a dilettante

(Spring Break Forever)

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Turning a protagonist into a villain between games is cheating because you are taking the choice out of the players' hands. Blah Blah narrative blah blah artist.

It's lazy and it runs the risk of ruining what may have been a beloved character. Which has always seemed foolish to me more from a business standpoint than anything else.

Which game(s) did this?
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Drakengard 2, Prototype 2, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age come to mind. I think it gets turned around in the first game, but the fact I had to look things up to confirm means it's been a while since I've encountered it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

shit bro, lame. sorry to hear about your troubles. If it's any consolation, (and i would imagine the lawyer you talked to told you something similar), they don't really have a leg to stand on i think. but i am not a lawyer.

That's the danger of the closing period, right? i mean, the deal can fall apart and there's no recourse for anything. the only time a lawyer is really able to get involved is post-closing, if you feel like something was misrepresented in the deal.

Yeah, they said that they really don't have a leg to stand on. When I last spoke with him he basically said "If I was their lawyer I'd probably tell them 'Sure, I'll take your case for $20,000. Expect to lose'".

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

why

also he has a dumb face

it was bad

isn't this what everyone at uni does?

ain't no one interested in the opinions of under-grads

they want you to select an opinion of a published academic and write about that

• Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

why

also he has a dumb face

wut

no

spring-breakers-james-franco-alien.jpg

Yes!

Exactly!

Thank you!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

why

also he has a dumb face

he did one of his master's degrees at my school

i saw him in library like twice

studying and being a nerd

there was a pic that was in campus blog of him asleep in a class

poo
  • Options
    I have an hour to learn how to do basic statistical functions in Pig.

halp

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The other side is going to argue that there was a skeleton offer and acceptance when you signed that initial paper and they relied on that to some detriment

which is such rat bullshit pressure tactics and completely nonsensical

Eddy on
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

why

also he has a dumb face

it was bad

isn't this what everyone at uni does?

ain't no one interested in the opinions of under-grads

they want you to select an opinion of a published academic and write about that

this is what people do who just want a decent grade

the difference between an actual scholar and someone who has a degree is that they contribute to research

hmmm, now i want to read my thesis on judaism, exile, and modernism in zukofsky's poem beginning the

all the research definitely helped me enter the poem more but i'm not sure if anything new was said

then again i was 22 years old

• Options
    RadioShack will close 1,100 stores, twice as many as expected

That's the headline. That's all I expected to get out of this story.

Things haven't been looking rosy for RadioShack lately, with speculation last month that it would close up to 500 of its stores across the United States, but the truth has turned out to be even starker. As part of its Q4 2013 financial report, the electronics retailer is announcing plans to close up to 1,100 "underperforming" outlets. That will leave RadioShack with 4,000 locations across the country, illustrating both the magnitude of the cut and the strength of its remaining presence.

They have 4,000 remaining?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Eh, there are uses for offal that isn't eating them. You can render them down into fertilizer for instance.

Wouldn't the organs be some of the more nutritious bits, though?

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Riff Raff should play James Franco in the James Franco biopic

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

why

also he has a dumb face

it was bad

meaning he is mediocre at the not acting stuff

which is fine

I mean, most postgrad students parrot a lot of stuff

We really have no reason to praise him for it, he's not doing anything groundbreaking

but I see no reason to hate him for it either

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    so it's super early

may not stick

may have issues

etc etc

but uh

12930644475_43e5dc0042_z.jpg

edit: this is on purpose :]

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    lol from 2009
    "I had a little incident last night at Columbia that was unpleasant. For the most part the programs I'm in are pretty small. There are about 30 to 40 people in each of my programs. So I know it's not awkward. And I have friends in the programs and all of that. It feels normal to me. It's when I take classes outside of the programs or go to the library where I'm mixing with people that I don't know or don't see in class everyday that I get some weird reactions.
    "Columbia has a great library, the Butler Library, and I don't think I can go in there anymore. Because last night I went in, I went into the restroom and this guy was in there and he's like kind of mumbling like, 'You're James Franco, right?' I'm like, 'Yeah, how's it going?' Basically, he didn't get angry. He said he was annoyed with me that I came to the library and that there are girls in the library. He didn't express himself. I think what he meant was that he thought I came to the library to meet young girls and he said it wasn't fair. And I tried to apologise for any disruption my presence had, but he was still annoyed. So I left and I went to the writing building, which is a little more private, but I have to sit there alone in the dark."

poo
This discussion has been closed.