As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tiny [chat] is dreaming

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    because to nickle and dime

means i'm swindling people :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    i love brand new colony

i don't know if i even want to call it the best song on the album though

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    because to nickle and dime

means i'm swindling people :(

nickle and jive

shuck and dime

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh hey Walmart thanks for not letting me know my air space for merchandise is being cut in half now my fucking back room is gonna be full as fuck shiiiiieeet I hate youuuuuu so much and I hate I'm too lazy to get a new job god dammit me if you had a face I'd punch it oh wait I do...

Ooooooowww that was epic dumb.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    We'e being reasonable and not ordering dinner anymore.
    brown bagging.
    saving stupid money and looking to lose weight.

So yeah, raz is doing a handful of nuts and a few craisins for breakfast and shows me. She asks how many calories are in nuts. I pull up the calorie info for Pecans.

"Wow. Pecans are assholes"

i recommend a digital food scale

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394678642&sr=8-4&keywords=food+scale

this is the one that- iirc- abd bought me as a gift! what a delightful northerner

you don't have to be a total data nerd and measure everything but i find it is super helpful for figuring out how much you're eating of a 'no fucking clue' sort of food- nuts, lunch meat, jerky, so on.

would also be excellent for baking

they are, but to be honest... how often do you find recipes that call for mass rather than volume?

not often unless you're actually a baker

unless maybe that's a thing they do on the internet now?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    does anybody want to hear this minimix challenge i just finished with only one mistake

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Jacobkosh you now for that thing I need to sign up for, there is probably a script somewhere that you can use that will do all the scheduling work for you. I'd imagine "multiple entities have ranked lists, try to accommodate as much as possible" is a very common problem with an elegant programming solution.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014
    moniker wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    We'e being reasonable and not ordering dinner anymore.
    brown bagging.
    saving stupid money and looking to lose weight.

So yeah, raz is doing a handful of nuts and a few craisins for breakfast and shows me. She asks how many calories are in nuts. I pull up the calorie info for Pecans.

"Wow. Pecans are assholes"

There's more to healthy eating than counting calories. Especially if you're replacing something sugar laden with nuts. Because sugar is incredibly terrible for you. So don't go too crazy about stuff.

well, yeah. I've been eating like absolute shit for a few years.
    This is a huge improvement. I caught a lot of shit around here when I revealed that on lazy saturdays I order breakfast delivery.

i don't think the mocking was for eating like a big fat pig

it was more the overall slovenliness of it, because grubhub is i think like 'ugh nothing in the house meh i'll just grubhub something'

vs 'i don't want to get out of bed and crawl to the frying pan to make eggs i'll just grubhub something'

laziness vs fatness

this is my understanding of this incredibly dynamic joke at least

Organichu on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like autocomplete on @ because it reminds me that jacobkoshisacunt is a person here.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    @‌jacobkosh

I agree with everything you said in your post.

Thanks!

I typed it up while catching up on the forums after a long nap so I am glad it made sense. I am also glad for the opportunity to weigh in as the stuff I said in that post is all stuff that has been floating around in my head a while but that I had not really sat down and tried to articulate.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I like autocomplete on @ because it reminds me that jacobkoshisacunt is a person here.

Clearly a false flag operation meant to jingo up the chat crusade

NO INFRACTIONS FOR OIL

Eddy on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    http://imgur.com/p4fPSsA

OMG @surrealitycheck‌ TELL ME YOU WERE ALREADY ON TOP OF POSTING THIS

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Enemy Within is 7 bucks

hmmm

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh you now for that thing I need to sign up for, there is probably a script somewhere that you can use that will do all the scheduling work for you. I'd imagine "multiple entities have ranked lists, try to accommodate as much as possible" is a very common problem with an elegant programming solution.

I haven't done actual programming in fifteen yeas but I have been noodling around with a spreadsheet that will help me keep this project manageable, at least at its current size (I wouldn't want to mess with it for hundreds of epople but we are at more like 40-50 signups right now).

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Was going to dota tonight.

Instead played some hearthstone.

Then watched Agents of Shield, Rick and Morty and South Park.

Because I was tired.

Working and being an adult sucks.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Eddy wrote: »
    NO INFRACTIONS FOR OIL

what about tears, though

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Because I was tired.

How's Agents of Shield going? We've only gotten around to seeing ~2 episodes at most.

工事中
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i don't think i've ever really mentioned how great the d&d mod staff is

i mean really the entire mod staff at the pa forums is really great

but the d&d mod staff are especially great

it is a good group. i've gotten the impression that lately the forums haven't been too hard on y'all with a bunch of shit that needs moderating and whatnot.

yeah the culture here has really kind of set a good path lately. occasionally we'll get a problematic thread or clique but mostly people are doing really well.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Dammit Mazzy now you got me catching up on the last season of South Park.

I am watching season 4.

The old stuff is still amazing.

That and Cartman as revivalist preacher.
    Yea the old stuff does not hinge on pop culture stuff as much the newer episodes do which really helps it age well. Like right now while watching the black Friday episodes I get the feeling I'm losing 70% of the jokes just because I haven't touched GoT yet though jokes like cartman's stance on pre-orders just makes it all worthwhile.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    NO INFRACTIONS FOR OIL

what about tears, though

depends are they orphan tears?

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Just got stopped in the streets for a picture.

Nihon plz, this isn't how you do tourism.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    does anybody want to hear this minimix challenge i just finished with only one mistake

yes me!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

it is a good group. i've gotten the impression that lately the forums haven't been too hard on y'all with a bunch of shit that needs moderating and whatnot.

yeah the culture here has really kind of set a good path lately. occasionally we'll get a problematic thread or clique but mostly people are doing really well.
    will likes poo poo

jacobkosh likes pee pee

REBELLION

poo
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Because I was tired.

How's Agents of Shield going? We've only gotten around to seeing ~2 episodes at most.

It has gotten better. Starts really meh though.

Arrow is still superior but there is a lot of potential.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i agree with mazzyx assessment

show has gotten better

arrow has gotten better faster

poo
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i love brand new colony

I am also partial to Sleeping in.

What's your favorite?

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

yes me!

okay!

and in a stunning twist

THERE IS NO TRAP IN HERE

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk7p4anqhfkf4mw/TL DR challenge.m4a

so the story is that @TL DR‌ picked a couple songs and we had to build short mixes with them in the center, for a challenge/practice/whatever

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    jacobkosh

I agree with everything you said in your post.

Thanks!

I typed it up while catching up on the forums after a long nap so I am glad it made sense. I am also glad for the opportunity to weigh in as the stuff I said in that post is all stuff that has been floating around in my head a while but that I had not really sat down and tried to articulate.

Some of the stuff you called out was stuff that I called out in my post too just in a different way.

Like ignoring your responsibilities as a human adult living amongst other human adults. I don't care if you wear a fursuit while you sweep the floor as long as the floor gets swept.

I do recognize that the topic of conversation focused on hobbies that involve a lot of escapism - gaming and fantasy and playing dress-up and such - which means that human laziness and fear express in certain consistent ways among nerds.

But I do think that those are expressions of human flaws that are universal; the hobby didn't create them.

And neither do I mean to say that all hobbies are created equal. The dude whose "hobby" is to volunteer for search and rescue operations on the weekend is obviously doing a lot more social good than the dude whose hobby is to run marathons, and that dude is going to be physically healthier than the dude whose hobby involves marathon sessions of Final Fantasy.

"I have a problem with people whose entire sense of self-worth is based around what flavor of consumerism they buy into" is totally a valid criticism. But we weren't really getting down to that level. "Fuck bronies, man" is not the same idea or statement as "People who sit around and watch TV and never try to do anything with their lives should go join a soup kitchen or something" and conflating the two isn't really constructive.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

You do realize it's an election year...

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ok when will TL DR post his response

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    i love brand new colony

I am also partial to Sleeping in.

What's your favorite?

There is Nothing Better
    and if you don't believe me
    I have charts and graphs that will finally make it clear

(j/k. i dunno if I have a favorite.)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

Because I was tired.

It has gotten better. Starts really meh though.

Arrow is still superior but there is a lot of potential.

Arrow is another show I need to catch up on. I may binge watch it after I finish my current Vita game on the train.

工事中
  • Options

Yeah, I mean, we have whole weeks now where the most "serious" porblem is some saddo posting a spam thread a couple of times.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Let's see if my babby brain can handle getting 30 minutes less of sleep than it's accustomed to

• Options
    speaking of sitting the couch not doing anything, I am fed the fuck up with wordpress so I am going to play saints row

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    ok when will TL DR post his response

he said he was having people over and may or may not be back on tonight. but i think he's done so i bet as soon as he sees that batsignal

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, KFC has a nacho box now? What the crap? o.O

工事中
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Real talk I should thank the mods for checking my phases of sad sack posts it helps slap me back to sanity.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Wait, KFC has a nacho box now? What the crap? o.O
    are you sure its not the taco bell side of KFC? Kentucky Fried Taco Huts are the best though rare, most stores only have 2/3

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, status report

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.