Options

Castle Bravo, a [chat]

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

QP3hnLMm.png

On imgur if you put "m" right before the file extension, it makes it smaller (you can do "s" to get it even smaller than that, too).

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    thanks solo! I am bad at photos

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling that international cities like Vienna and London suffer infrastructurally from the weight of their heritage

they only develop insofar as they can locate areas of urban decay to replace, and these areas must have decayed so badly that there are no hand-wringing artists or frightened ethnic residents to displace

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    the idiom is pear-shaped for fucks sake

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Autodraft if you had a face I would punch it.
    Throughout history, people have just always felt the collapse of society was around the corner, and the end times would be in their lifetimes, and it hasn't happened yet. There are ups and downs, ebbs and flows, to be certain, but over all the progress has been always up.

One day they'll be right though and that's all it takes is one time. Luckily they all be dead because they'd be soooo fucking smug about it.

I dunno, maybe we will make it to the heat death of the universe. I hope so, at least.

I would like to live as long as possible myself or until I'm ready to die. I do not see either outcome happening though.

I'll go to the grave crying and bitter and scared.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

QP3hnLMm.png

On imgur if you put "m" right before the file extension, it makes it smaller (you can do "s" to get it even smaller than that, too).
    I think "l" is best for forums
    L still resizes down from whatever I upload

poo
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Throughout history, people have just always felt the collapse of society was around the corner, and the end times would be in their lifetimes, and it hasn't happened yet. There are ups and downs, ebbs and flows, to be certain, but over all the progress has been always up.

eh

I think it's better to not ascribe a value judgement on "progress"

things change

in some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse

edit: and societies don't appear to collapse: rather they tend to splinter and change

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    in good news at my job: I think we just ranked #1 in the company for the second month running (out of ~180ish stores)

I don't know if anyone has ever done that before

feels good man (and the bonus doesn't hurt either)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    jake where my tracklist at

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am kind of getting sick of dystopic fiction though.

Like, it is neat and all but I am just kind of getting sick of people being so pessimistic about the future.

to be fair it's not lookin good

I don't agree with this at all.

I don't think this whole climate change thing is going to work out very well for a lot of people. It won't end humanity by any stretch but it could easily kill a lot of people

I would add that social trends are also a mixed bag. I think we're currently on course for a Shadowrun style future welhere all information and culture is owned, rather than more star trek like where information and culture is universal and free.

I genuinely doubt there is enough manpower to own all information and culture.

People can collect all the data they want but actually doing anything meaningful with it is a lot harder.

In the immediate future, sure. It's unlikely that individuals and consumers will be directly affected and targeted.

But issues which are quite likely in the near future don't interfere with individual consumers directly - restrictions to the kinds of services or good which can be produced and purchased enforced by government due to such issues at the corporate level are the likely first steps.

The fact that it looks like the public domain isn't really a thing any more means that things are either disappearing or people are going to be increasingly beholden to the rights holders. And a future in which everyone is more or less known to be guilty and it's more a matter of not catching the eye of the corporations or some enforcement division is not outlandish.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    I have a feeling that international cities like Vienna and London suffer infrastructurally from the weight of their heritage

they only develop insofar as they can locate areas of urban decay to replace, and these areas must have decayed so badly that there are no hand-wringing artists or frightened ethnic residents to displace

there's no point in painting over the mona lisa

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    And yeah the corporate feudalism is going to be rough even for us yuppies in just a few years

Workers rights - dropping in the developed world, rising in the developing world. Not sure what this means.

Of course, it was always pictured that industrialisation, technology and automation would mean that we worked less and had more leisure time. That has.... not worked out.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

conversely, most paintings are not the mona lisa

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

You made me think about idioms

And idioms make me happy. They are neat.

How they don't admit of grammatic reconstruction, their status as dead metaphors

Love em

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Huh, that's a neat trick. Imgur, you say?... >.>

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    And yeah the corporate feudalism is going to be rough even for us yuppies in just a few years

Workers rights - dropping in the developed world, rising in the developing world. Not sure what this means.

Of course, it was always pictured that industrialisation, technology and automation would mean that we worked less and had more leisure time. That has.... not worked out.

you diverted all that extra time to a longer and longer and longer education+retirement

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

and there's very little point in painting over those either

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

what if you need canvases

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    1. Put Mona Lisa on scanner
    2. Scan
    3. Have permanent digital copy
    4. Paint over your redundant and useless hard copy

• Options

make more canvases

plenty of material out there

Not everywhere is a tiny island city-state

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

slaughter some calves

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

well you wouldn't do that still

you need a reasonably fresh surface to paint on to develop the textures and colors you want

a used canvas is not that

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i better go watch some star trek

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    2. Scan

when you explain how you scan the ringstrasse and then walk through it digitally...

edit: it still wouldn't be the same thing

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't bang the Mona Lisa

0/10 replace with airbrushed bikini chick asap

• Options
    edited April 2014

make more canvases

plenty of material out there

Not everywhere is a tiny island city-state

Well, some of us don't hate the environment, Elldren.

Save the earth, paint over the Mona Lisa.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    movies are cool
    i watched perfect blue and it was cool but disturbing

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

When idioms go tits up.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/22/heres-another-impossibly-stupid-common-core-math-worksheet/

7+7 = 14 because I've memorized my addition and multiplication tables up to 12. Isn't this how everyone learns 7+7?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    omg

@jacobkosh

thor finds him

as he is running off with him says "do not despair spiderham"

spider_ham_redblooper_version_by_tvskyle-d4szwgj.jpg

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Don't beat a dead horse in the mouth

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

you need a reasonably fresh surface to paint on to develop the textures and colors you want

(this is an elaborate metaphor for urban redevelopment and gentrification)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    every time i see a thing about how common core math is terrible i think of tom lehrer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA&feature=kp

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

i understand

but it doesn't work

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/22/heres-another-impossibly-stupid-common-core-math-worksheet/

7+7 = 14 because I've memorized my addition and multiplication tables up to 12. Isn't this how everyone learns 7+7?

No. I learned that through philosophical discourse with the Sweet Pickles characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfa3RtqPD4

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Everything has gone bear-shaped.

• Options

i understand

but it doesn't work

you can't possibly be suggesting urban sprawl for the aesthetic value

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

i understand

but it doesn't work

urban canvas is a finite resource

and there is always someone looking to paint over something

it's often a question of which area has the least money preventing it from being whitewashed

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    2. Scan

when you explain how you scan the ringstrasse and then walk through it digitally...

edit: it still wouldn't be the same thing

SxkpI2Gl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.