Options

Our Community will Review [TV] in the Broad City of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Rick and Morty.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Lest we forget the storyline where the wheelchair kid joined the football team.

As an active player.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

As an active player.

Hahaha oh my god.

Its like an SNL skit

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

As an active player.

I can only hope this ended with the team going into overtime, tied, with their best player benched for injuries, and the wheelchair kid doing the "PUT ME IN COACH" routine and scoring a touchdown against all odds

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I should say I also made it through season one of Smash

barely

Seriously, for everyone talking about how bad Glee is

Smash was so much worse

and not insane enough to be as entertaining

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

As an active player.

I can only hope this ended with the team going into overtime, tied, with their best player benched for injuries, and the wheelchair kid doing the "PUT ME IN COACH" routine and scoring a touchdown against all odds

it began with them using him as a battering ram

I can't remember how it ended

• Options

As an active player.

You're making this up

This isn't something someone was paid to write

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That was the scene that broke me.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is this the the episode where the football players wouldn't play because then they would have to sing during the half time show

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

As an active player.

Does

does ryan murphy not know what football is and everyone was too intimidated to ask

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Actually the star player pushed him around the field like a frail, melodious battering ram. All set to a musical number. Then I blacked out.

Edit/ ah I see it was covered already. Stupid work distracting me from important posting.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

As an active player.

You're making this up

This isn't something someone was paid to write

I have failed to find a gif

but I assure you it is true

YaYa on
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Also the kid with no athletic experience could kick all the field goals, as long as he danced to "Single Ladies" on the field each time.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Cosmos just aired its best episode yet

• Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    Let's be fair though.

Who's going to be willing to be the guy who tackles the kid in the wheelchair.

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Cosmos just aired its best episode yet

That is saying a lot with "A Sky Full Of Ghosts" right there.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    Mars wrote: »
    Let's be fair though.

Who's going to be willing to be the guy who tackles the kid in the wheelchair.

Thats why they got the kid with the prosthetic arm and neck brace

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll tackle a kid in a wheelchair.

I don't give a fuck.

• Options
    The kid in the chair has a lower center of gravity. If he has a motor he has better acceleration.

The person tackling could actually get badly hurt

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'll tackle a kid in a wheelchair.

I don't give a fuck.

Shit, he's already in a wheelchair, what's the worst that could happen?

Sort of like banging a pregnant lady...it's not like you can knock her up twice.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    the only problem attacking a kid in a wheelchair that i see is that you gotta get the angle right or your gonna get a face full of chair and get fingers and limbs crushed in the wheel and shit

• Options
    Just put a stick in his spokes

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Who's carrying sticks on a football field?

Or is that for attacking wheelchair kids in the wild?

godmode on
  • Options
    The boy scouts taught me to always be prepared

• Options
    Just put a stick in his spokes

I've seen that before.

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    You ever seen Murderball?
    Wheelchair rugby dudes give, like, negative fucks.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    now i'm imagining a kid in a wheelchair in a football helmet having his wheels jammed, then backflipping into an explosion mid game

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mad Men
    s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6
    s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSON-large300.jpg?6

i missed bob benson so much

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Just grab the handles. Push him into your end zone. Safety!

• Options
    now i'm imagining a kid in a wheelchair in a football helmet having his wheels jammed, then backflipping into an explosion mid game

I'd still be watching Glee if that happened

• Options
    The person who jammed the wheels is, of course, still Harrison Ford wearing a shit-eating grin

• Options
    And the kid in the wheelchair is replaced with Shia Lebouf

• Options
    And the wheelchair is replaced with a horse.

• Options
    But horses don't explode as well as wheelchairs

• Options
    You just aren't trying hard enough.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Wait was there a scene where a coach goes "show me where in the rulebook it doesnt allow wheelchairs?!"

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Btw on the subject of Flash and Glee, the guy playing Barry Allen was in Glee as a kid at a rival school who threw salt in a Glee kid's eyes and the Glee kid ends up in hospital and everyone is crying about it and then the two schools face off in some parking lot singing Michael Jackson's Bad.

I GOT THE RECAP WRONG, IT'S ACTUALLY EVEN BETTER

so Barry Allen's singing group is singing against the Glee kids and they're invited to have an actual "Jackson-off" (because it's the Michael Jackson episode, see), and the two groups sing "Bad" together, and it ends with a slushie being chucked in one of the Glee kids' faces and he falls down screaming MY EYES MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYYES and it turns out there's rock salt in them

and then he ends up in the hospital and there's giant sad about it among the Glee kids, and of course at no stage during this entire affair did anyone call the police, instead the wheelchair kid has a breakdown and he and another Glee kid enter a dream sequence where he stands up and they wear lots of eyeliner and they both dance and sing "Scream", complete with spaceship

and the actual showdown is yet another Glee kid and Barry Allen singing a version of "Smooth Criminal" at each other, which is made about a gajillion times better by the fact that this is accompanied by two cellists sitting in the middle of the room

the entire thing is revealed to be a ruse where Barry Allen's confession was taped on a tape record stuck to the Glee kid's "underboob" (repeated about 6 times in 5 minutes) and was going to be sent to the police but then the salty eyeball Glee kid's boyfriend (also a Glee kid) stands up and says that you can't go looking for payback every time someone wrongs you, even though, you know, his boyfriend is in hospital and blind in one eye for the entire episode

so instead to solve the problem they invite Barry Allen's group to their auditorium and sing "Black and White" at them and all of Barry Allen's group except Barry Allen joins in and now everyone is friends except Barry Allen, who continues to be an asshole until a later episode when a gay kid they all know attempts suicide

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    That is one of the best jokes from classic Family Guy.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I think a lot of people hadn't seen Nip/Tuck and weren't ready for how fucked up and bizarre Ryan Murphy likes to be before Glee. And then it became this smash hit despite the insane story lines they did. My wife and I watched the first few seasons of it just because the insanity of it was hilarious and the music was fun at times. But then eventually it was just too bad to watch any more.

Indeed! But Nip/Tuck presented itself as a drama and had its characters attempt to grow & display reflective periods of self-examination. It was also pretty honest about what show it was and what it wanted to show its audience, which is the most insane show ever on television.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    FootballField.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Also @Joshmvii, you trying to steal my thunder?

There can only be one Lord Paramount of the Trident running around these parts...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.