Options

Our Community will Review [TV] in the Broad City of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Rick and Morty.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hoo boy, episode 6 of The Americans
    I figured out the twist with it being their own people that kidnapped them (because otherwise it was game over barring some contrivances), but the hitchhiker plot left me nervous and squirming from the moment they stepped in the car. Thank god Henry took initiative.

Also, I know they had a big day, but it says something about Phillip and Elizabeth that after it was done they didn't even bring up the kids being left at the mall.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Tomorrow's episode is going to be interesting.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I am v. excited for tonight's Fargo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    holy shit orphan black
    They sewed her god damn mouth shut 0.0

Also poor felix :(

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This has been an interesting season for Curtis Armstrong

Booger has featured as both an incompetent principal and an evil mastermind in the same timeslot on the same night this past year

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh man why didn't you guys tell me about Veep sooner

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I'm watching Fargo

fuckin' hanks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I don't think it is possible to hate a tv character any more than I did in that last shot.
    Congrats, Fargo, you made me feel all around awful.

natek on
  • Options
    Fargo threw dark tonight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Maybe the preview for next week will make one of my major takeaways void, and I do need to think on it more, but overall this episode of Fargo may have really taken the wind out of the sails of my enthusiasm for this show
    What shielded this show from certain criticisms about it just being another show about men doing bad things was that the hero was a woman

Now she might be dead

I really could not care less what Gus is up to if he just killed Molly

And if she's dead, there's not a single likable major character left on the show

All that in addition to me not buying the SWAT shootout and fish magically falling out of the sky

This was probably my least favorite episode yet by far

Unless I'm wrong!

then i still didn't like multiple things about it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    In regards to the last thing, I am pretty sure that is an actual thing that can happen during very powerful storms

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »
    In regards to the last thing, I am pretty sure that is an actual thing that can happen during very powerful storms

Might need a fair amount of coincidences, though, with the frozen bodies of water and all.
    Even with one of my favorite characters for sure dead (you were kind of a bad hitman, Numbers) and another maaaaaaybe dead, I still enjoyed it. I don't need likable characters to enjoy watching that piece of shit Lester finally go down in the last few episodes. What a giant hunk of human garbage.

natek on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    According to Supernatural the Midwest is just one giant box of demons.

Speaking of Supernatural, who saw the finale because i kinda saw it coming. But damn it could be interesting direction for the next season.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    oh man why didn't you guys tell me about Veep sooner

Sorry.

I meant to, but then I decided to be a weasel and stab you in the back.

No hard feelings, right?

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Ron Funches on At Midnight is the best

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i would be really really surprised if (Fargo)
    Molly is dead

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So between Netflix and HBO putting their whole catalog up I am really committing to experiencing some solid tv.

I'll glide into the third season of Breaking Bad this weekend and tonight I started watching Deadwood.

I am pumped.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So between Netflix and HBO putting their whole catalog up I am really committing to experiencing some solid tv.

I'll glide into the third season of Breaking Bad this weekend and tonight I started watching Deadwood.

I am pumped.

Heh.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Man if orphan black does one thing perfectly it is make cell phones the most annoying thing in the world. There are so many calls

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    turn your god damn phone on silent like a civilized person jesus

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Aw jeez Fargo...

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    turn your god damn phone on silent like a civilized person jesus

There's a guy at work who has his phone up all the time, for everything

I can't go five minutes without hearing a lady robot voice go "MESSAGE FROM: JEANETTE." followed by his ringtone

And he'll just let it ring!

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    fargo
    the biggest piece of shit in fargo is actually gus grimly

at least everyone else is competent

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    God dammit do I love those men

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Fargo.

Holy shit.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    If you've got Amazon Prime, HBO stuff is available to stream now: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sr_aj?node=9097393011&ajr=0

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Everyone watch Bored To Death now since nobody watched it while it aired.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    That's on my list along with Enlightened, but maybe I want to rewatch Flight of the Conchords first...

• Options
    Everyone watch Bored To Death now since nobody watched it while it aired.

I watched it on DVD when it was on.

That count?

• Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    As long as you've watched it. It is up there in the list of my favorite shows. The pilot is close to perfect and has one of my favorite lines of the whole series in, "I've always been fascinated with Stockholm Syndrome. It reminds me of my childhood."

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's amazing.

"In Harry's hand, the gun looked like a toy. The gun was big, but his hand was bigger."

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hoo boy, that Fargo

Lester went from "Guy who's kind of a piece of shit but is mainly just in over his head and can't stop making mistakes" to "Whoa, no, basically 100% irredeemably awful."

The pacing on the show has been pretty interesting. A few episodes that weren't slow - they were quite funny, and had plenty of entertaining bits - but were, in retrospect, setting up the absolute chaos of this one. Every single storyline exploded. I kept thinking, "Surely, this is the scene they'll end on. What a cliffhanger!" I had that thought four times.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    More of you douchenozzles need to be watching Veep. It's one of the best comedies on TV right now.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    After watching a bunch of Parks and Rec and Law and Order SVU episodes, I had the weirdest P&R dream ever (spoilers for the most depressing dream I've ever had):
    The episode opens up with Mona Lisa and Tom having a baby. Tom, knowing that Mona Lisa will be a terrible mother, freaks out and tries to take the kid and move away.

Tom gets caught and is brought back to the office, with the kid being taken to child services. Leslie tells him that he's going to lose all custody rights, so to prevent that, he tells child services about all the crazy shit Mona Lisa does. This makes it worse because the state doesn't let either of them have the kid.

Then we pan to a scene where Mona Lisa and Tom are on one side talking to two people from child services. We don't hear what they're saying but sad piano music is played. We see Mona Lisa and Tom getting angrier and them raising their voices, implying that child services is taking the kid.

Last scene is a shot of everyone in the P&R office crying, again with no sound from the characters, but rather a sad piano tune being played.

Moral of the story, don't get drunk and binge watch two vastly different types of shows.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman.

"Robb and Catelyn attend a wedding"

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Dont watch SVU period. Its so awful

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Tell me another show that has BD Wong, Ice-T, and Christopher Meloni and I'll watch it.

Until then I'll keep watching it and have nightmares of the "DUNH DUNH" scene change sound.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
This discussion has been closed.