Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Witcher 1 & 2 bought, and still uhming and ahhing over dark souls but I've got a bit longer to think about that one.

Not sure I'm feeling Shank 2, think I'll park it for a while. Something about the controls doesn't sit with me, usually after playing a game a few times, next time I sit down I know what the buttons do, but it seems with this game I have to actively think while I'm playing it which button to press, and still sometimes hit a different button. Or maybe I've finally broke and can't play games anymore.

EDIT: Well shit, theres Legend of Grimrock in the humble daily (along with Paper Sorcerer and Desktop Dungeons). Been eyeing that up for a while. Will this madness never end?

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    xiears wrote: »
    EDIT: Well shit, theres Legend of Grimrock in the humble daily (along with Paper Sorcerer and Desktop Dungeons). Been eyeing that up for a while. Will this madness never end?

And Paper Sorcerer! Fun little game with a very cool hand-drawn aesthetic. Much better for me than Legend of Grimrock, since I didn't care for that game's realtime combat.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    EDIT: Well shit, there's Legend of Grimrock in the humble daily (along with Paper Sorcerer and Desktop Dungeons). Been eyeing that up for a while. Will this madness never end?

Get it.

Been playing it the past few days and man is that fucking awesome.

Actually, Paper Sorcerer is on my Wishlist, and since I have Legend of Grimrock and don't care about Desktop Dungeons, I think I'm going to get me a cheapass game . . .
    Iolo wrote: »

And Paper Sorcerer! Fun little game with a very cool hand-drawn aesthetic. Much better for me than Legend of Grimrock, since I didn't care for that game's realtime combat.

Much as I love turn-based RPGs, there's something about the realtime combat in Legend of Grimrock that fell semi turn-based, possibly because the pauses in between the attacks of monsters and characters. That and the one square of movement mechanics make it feel like a hybrid to me, and personally I'm loving it. I totally want to make my own dungeon with their Dungeon Editor, but I have no talent or software for modeling new assets nor sufficient understanding of coding, which is sad but just as well. Perhaps I'll try my hand with what's pre-done anyways. ;)

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    @cardboard delusions PS4 Watchdogs it is! The beginning of the end for Steam? Possibly. I've been playing less and less games on PC, performance isn't where I'd like it to be. I'll never give up Steamchat though! Wsh group chat was possible on the mobile version.

My workday would be so much more awesome with group chat on my phone!

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

I picked up Paper Sorcerer, it does look really good and I think I've bought it twice for gifts so I really should play it at some point

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Why in Newell's name did I wait until now to purchase and play Chivalry?

I haven't had this much outrageous fun in a game for ages. I my face and diaphragm literally hurt from laughing so hard at some of the kills / deaths I had last night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I was hyping Cloudbuilt as well. And yes while the game has a hell of a difficulty curve, it's really the kind of game that demands it. Anything else would be a disservice to the concept of the game and the speedrunner niche this game has been created for.

It's a beautiful game and the developers are showing a great level of commitment to the game's ongoing development. For example, in spite of being skeptical of the value of controller support, they added it anyway. And it's not just a bare minimum level of support. They are listening to feedback from the people that are using controllers, tweaking and adding features to the control set.

It's a hard game but it wouldn't come close to the games feeling of joy if it were any other way. Mastering a levels set of obstacles is immensely satisfying. And then, when you start to discover new ways to navigate the level you experience a genuine feeling of freedom. It's a totally exhilarating game in a way that too many games are afraid to achieve these days.

Drake on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »

I haven't had this much outrageous fun in a game for ages. I my face and diaphragm literally hurt from laughing so hard at some of the kills / deaths I had last night.

Have you got the maul?

The Maul immediately improves the game by a factor of ten.

Also if you didn't know you can hit 4 to get your fists out.

The fists can make peoples heads explode.

• Options
    Big thanks @IdolNinja‌ for Killer Is Dead! I love some Suda51 insanity. Killer 7 is one of my favorite things, so I've been really looking forward to this.

• Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »

Have you got the maul?

The Maul immediately improves the game by a factor of ten.

Also if you didn't know you can hit 4 to get your fists out.

The fists can make peoples heads explode.

I got into my first fist brawl by accident, and the other 2 guys near me played the gentleman and went fists too. Pure awesome.

Which class unlocks the Maul? I have been playing mostly Vanguard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I was hyping Cloudbuilt as well. And yes while the game has a hell of a difficulty curve, it's really the kind of game that demands it. Anything else would be a disservice to the concept of the game and the speedrunner niche this game has been created for.

It's a beautiful game and the developers are showing a great level of commitment to the game's ongoing development. For example, in spite of being skeptical of the value of controller support, they added it anyway. And it's not just a bare minimum level of support. They are listening to feedback from the people that are using controllers, tweaking and adding features to the control set.

It's a hard game but it wouldn't come close to the games feeling of joy if it were any other way. Mastering a levels set of obstacles is immensely satisfying. And then, when you start to discover new ways to navigate the level you experience a genuine feeling of freedom. It's a totally exhilarating game in a way that too many games are afraid to achieve these days.

...dammit Drake! Do you have any idea what speed platformers do to me?! Stop that!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Yes, I finally get to play Killer is Dead! :D

*looks back at backlog*

:'(

It's a really short game if that helps. And the thread is so quiet without the drama. :(

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    A while ago someone linked a website that broke down your steam library and you could sort by things like controller support.

I was dumb and didn't bookmark it.

Anyone remember the site?

You can use the Enhanced Steam extension and then just look at your library as one option.

Steam Gauge (http://www.mysteamgauge.com/) gives you a table which you can also download

That's it exactly! Thanks!

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Caved and bought The Witcher 2 for all cheap yesterday, even though I never made it past the horrible swamp in the first one and my computer probably can't really handle it anyway.

First time I've properly served the Newell in a while, by which I mean it's the first time I've bought something without the immediate intention of playing it in a while. One more (back)log on the fire.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Caved and bought The Witcher 2 for all cheap yesterday, even though I never made it past the horrible swamp in the first one and my computer probably can't really handle it anyway.

First time I've properly served the Newell in a while, by which I mean it's the first time I've bought something without the immediate intention of playing it in a while. One more (back)log on the fire.

You're in luck. I'm of the opinion that The Witcher 2 is a better game than the first. It's certainly easier to get into and looks better, at any rate.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Florin wrote: »
    It's my birthday today, so here are a few giveaways for some karma. :D

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Yay me for being a year older, and closer to 1000 games too, so thank you everyone who ever gifted me games or kind words, you're all amazing! <3

Last hour!

Florin on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

0 Keys =/

• Options
    edited May 2014
    0 Keys =/
    There were about 2700 when I posted.
    I just checked it again and the site says there are still 1140 keys available.
    M2vN9Dk.png

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

That didn't last long...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    It said 78 keys when I checked thirty seconds ago, now it says 4970. So I guess just keep checking because it seems to be refreshing periodically.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    According to other forums they have added more keys several times once they run out of, so just in case keep refreshing the site (3754 keys right now).
    You need an Alienware Arena account to be able to redeem a key, so first and foremost try to register one: https://eu.alienwarearena.com/account/register

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Semi-related to the QUBE thing:

Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux are up for preorder on Steam. There's a bundle with both but it doesn't save you any extra money.

They're 50% off if you already own each respective game.

I'm tempted to go to the forums and see if people are flipping their shit in the same way.

EDIT: ...eeeeee-yup. :rotate:

Yeah sometimes the threads in the Steam forums just make my head hurt. I don't know how the developers have the patience to reply to some of those folks.
    It gets so bad they must re-consider the line of work they got themselves into at times. I feel bad for the QUBE team.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    @Kalnaur‌ and @Iolo‌ have good taste, bought Paper Sorcerer and Legend of Grimrock and both seem very good in the bits I've played so far!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh shit, Distant Worlds: Universe is on Steam now.

Oh shit.

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    It's my birthday today, so here are a few giveaways for some karma. :D

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Yay me for being a year older, and closer to 1000 games too, so thank you everyone who ever gifted me games or kind words, you're all amazing! <3

Last hour!

Giveaway winners:

1953 - KGB Unleashed - won by @Gear Girl

Hydrophobia - won by @‌RisenPhoenix

Greed: Black Border - won by @Taramoor

Insecticide - won by @DHS Odium

Space Pirates and Zombies - won by @Jazz‌

Hammerfight - won by @Svevin

Millennium- A new hope - won by @Gear Girl

Saira - won by @‌cooljammer00

Hacker Evolution Duality - won by @‌Talus9952

Zombie Shooter - won by @‌Svevin

Congrats everyone! :smile:

Check your PMs.

Florin on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Sweet sugar coated baby jesus Typing of the Dead: Over kill is hard.....or I'm a really bad typist.....that too...

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Giveaway winners:

1953 - KGB Unleashed - won by @Gear Girl

Millennium- A new hope - won by @Gear Girl

Congrats everyone! :smile:

Check your PMs.

Thanks a ton!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Man, they made a mistake making Paper Sorcerer the cheapest game in that Humble Bundle. It's the only one I actually want, and Grimrock is so old and has been so cheap

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Yup. Nabbed that one soon as I got home.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Enhanced Steam was updated today (at least for Chrome) and it now remembers the last tab you selected on the front page (New Releases, Top Sellers, Coming Soon, etc) or you can force which tab you want in the settings menu.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Deep Silver sale over at GameFly. May be combinable with coupon MAY20OFF.

I already played the first Dead Island on console but that franchise pack may be tempting.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Deep Silver sale over at GameFly. May be combinable with coupon MAY20OFF.

I already played the first Dead Island on console but that franchise pack may be tempting.

It does seem to combine.

Too bad SRIV has seen better deals. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Repost for today! <3

signature.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh hey half life 3 was confirmed. By an employee who is pretty sure he saw concept art.

By an ex-employee who hasn't worked there since, like, 2009 at least. (Minh Le aka Gooseman, the guy who originally made Counter-Strike)
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh hey half life 3 was confirmed. By an employee who is pretty sure he saw concept art.

I mean, he's not wrong. I figured they were working on it under wraps.

...L4D3 however, I didn't think was a real thing yet. He might get sent to Gaben's wolves for that.

There's been a couple of leaks from Valve's dev tracker last year that confirmed L4D3 was in development (and had more people working on it than Half-Life 3 even.)

In fact, that leak is pretty much why Gooseman felt comfortable saying he saw concept art for those projects.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I would like to thank @florin for the gift of Greed

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So LaCabra posted a link over in the Game Dev thread but I don't think we've talked about it in here. He's got a really meaty blog post up about sales figures for InFlux: http://impromptugames.com/

Fascinating stuff. I'm always grateful when devs pull back the curtain and share sales figures.

I was playing it tonight - beautiful game - because I saw that it has Steam cards. Is that new? It's not even listed on the store page. Very few of my Steam friends have the cards. I hope he'll follow up on this post down the line and share any impact Steam cards have had on revenue and or actual game sales.

Also this:

signature.png

HXxJbR7.png

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    A PA giveaway for a game developed by a someone on the PA forums? Why yes, I do find that interesting.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Another one off the backlog!

Remember Me was pretty good. Definitely plucked some emotional strings.

Also nice to have a female protagonist that is empathetic and badass. One of the few heroes lately that actually feels like a person.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Also giving away the new Unreal Tournament for free is the only way they can revive the series after putting out a shit game and then acting like assholes about it last time around.

It's generally best to ignore anything anyone at Epic says.

2008:
    CliffyB wrote:
    Here’s the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC. Right now, it makes sense for us to focus on Xbox 360 for a number of reasons. Not least PCs with multiple configurations and piracy.

"If you're smart enough to build a PC, you're smary enough to know how to pirate games"

March of 2014 (GDC):
    We’re not planning on shipping an Unreal Tournament game. We have a lot of nostalgia for the game but we're actually not developing anything in the Unreal game universe at all at the moment.

"We're not making a new Unreal Tournament"

May 2nd:
    Mark Rein wrote:
    I love #UnrealTournament - So excited for the comeback! More next week

"We're totally making a new Unreal Tournament"
    So LaCabra posted a link over in the Game Dev thread but I don't think we've talked about it in here. He's got a really meaty blog post up about sales figures for InFlux: http://impromptugames.com/

Fascinating stuff. I'm always grateful when devs pull back the curtain and share sales figures.

I was playing it tonight - beautiful game - because I saw that it has Steam cards. Is that new? It's not even listed on the store page. Very few of my Steam friends have the cards. I hope he'll follow up on this post down the line and share any impact Steam cards have had on revenue and or actual game sales.

Also this:

signature.png

LaCabra's a nice dude, so I bought his game again on Steam when it came out. I'm sad to hear it hasn't broke even for him. :(

This discussion has been closed.