As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I took screenshots of all my beta characters before servers went down to remember them by. And in case I want to recreate them visually, which I will definitely do with my human Medic.
    Bitwise followed me on Twitter.

Why did Bitwise follow me on Twitter.

He wants to keep appraised of all the various gamer communities that will provide a lot of the lifeblood for Wildstar going forward, even if we are usually flaky after a month.

Seeing as your kind of like a representative of the forum community here, maybe that's why? Just speculating.

488W936.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    As for launch groups, I think I'll just stick to going solo initially and listen in Mumble as you guys run around; maybe we can team up for stuff later as Saturday wears on.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ZalinZalin Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys. Just popping in to say I'll be around for the launch.

Will be rolling an Exile Stalker to start with.

Zalin on
    Steam: Zalin Drelan | PSN: Aragorn566
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Varg wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I need to figure out what's going on with our starters in Dom side.

Beezel, are you joining us at 3 to plow the levels? My one friend said he's gonna be doing it too but you never know.

We might have 2 groups though

Are we just meeting up for the first adventure? or were you planning to level as a group?

My main goal is guild influence. So primarilly after the guild is made.

But if we can hit 15, yeah definitely for adventure.

• Options
    NMEzNMEz Registered User regular
    Has anyone used a xbox 360 controller to play Wildstar? I just got my wireless controller hooked up and I've seen all sorts of guides for it. Before I drop $10 on xpadder, I would like to know if it's worth it. Any opinions? I was hoping to try it out while the game was still active prior to the early launch but I see there's 'no joy' in that idea anymore.

Ultimately, I'm looking to stream line moving/dodging while casting my abilities. Other suggestions on this? I switched the default 'q' and 'e' which was strafe for the default 'a' and 'd' which was rotate. I saw improvement in that but it wasn't perfect.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The official forums have several threads dedicated to playing with a pad, including their own setups you can grab.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    RUFF'S DIY CONTROLLER/GAMEPAD SUPPORT GUIDE should help. Looks lye the only option is Joy2key, which would turn the analog stick on the left into keys... Not ideal but probably still fun.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    For the few doing a PVP server, which one are they going on and what faction?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Figured I should go ahead and get Mumble set up since that's what we're using now.

Seemed pretty easy until I accidentally chose my name.

Had to sacrifice the proper animal to figure that bit out, since it was so un-intuitive to me.

Curse these newfangled gizmos I never use but undoubtedly need.

• Options
    NMEzNMEz Registered User regular
    Yeah I found guides to get wildstar to work for J2K, xpadder, and pinnacle. (I think pinnacle is my first choice so far) I'm wondering more if anyone uses a controller themselves and what they think of it. I just used my controller on Titanfall and it works awesome. However, the controller support was native to the game.

I think if the controller could be used with left thumbstick to move and dive and map my abilities to a,b,x,y and use LB as a modifier, I can get access to all my abilities no problem and move/dodge more efficiently than I do now with no loss casting efficiency. I cannot think of a reason that wouldn't work if pinnacle/xpadder work as advertised.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Yea, I figured Sporky's early launch party list was just to track how many people were going to be on at that time.

Yeah, that's all.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I need to figure out what's going on with our starters in Dom side.

Beezel, are you joining us at 3 to plow the levels? My one friend said he's gonna be doing it too but you never know.

We might have 2 groups though

Yeah I'll be up. I'll take a long nap after I get home from work. will put the new OP post up also sometime tonight. emailed it to myself

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Whoa. I usually go Tank or Healer (loved WoW for being able to do both on Pally) and watching this Healer livestream. . .the days of clicking on HealBot instead of actually looking at the game are over?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Now you have to stress that everyone is not standing in your shapes!

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Whoa. I usually go Tank or Healer (loved WoW for being able to do both on Pally) and watching this Healer livestream. . .the days of clicking on HealBot instead of actually looking at the game are over?

don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a mod to block out the annoying scenery soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mumble slot count increased to 150 in anticipation of our uh...swell

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Man, a while back I set the spreadsheet calculations to run from the top of the sheet to line 100. I thought for sure it would be enough. Probably still will be, but geez.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Now you have to let everyone not standing in your shapes die!

Fixed that for you.

At least that's how every healer feels, especially about the people who run away.

• Options
    Now you have to let everyone not standing in your shapes die!

Fixed that for you.

At least that's how every healer feels, especially about the people who run away.

hardcore~

• Options
    Hardcore.

488W936.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    mumble slot count increased to 150 in anticipation of our uh...swell

We got a little excited for launch is all, it'll only last a while.

edit: Hardcore.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Are we talking Midnite EST on Saturday, or 3 am cuz the people on the west coast are a bunch of weenies ?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Midnight PDT

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    devilmanVISAdevilmanVISA Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Yea, I figured Sporky's early launch party list was just to track how many people were going to be on at that time.

Yeah, that's all.

So... No Aunt Kate?

http://youtu.be/SXXjGjhjTus?t=3m29s

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So what time on the 31st does this start? Like, the night of the 30th? When do I need to have my red bull prepared? Got some work friends ready to roll for Exile as well.

Wildstar servers go Live on May 31st at these times. (24hr clock)
    00:00PST, 03:00EST, 08:00GMT

And just to confuse the fuck out of you people further, that means that those of you in:
    Alaska get to play at 23:00 on May 30th
    Hawaii... get to play at 21:00 on May 30th

Hooray for the magic of time zones!

As for my plans during launch. I'm grouping up with the dom side early runners. I've already read all the lore stuff for deradune and crimson isle.
    We'll be trying for the first adventure a few times at least so we can generate the cash to get Beezel to set up the guild.

After that, I'm gonna chill for a little bit and do some admin duties with getting peeps invited into the guild. I'll let you know my ingame name at that time so you can bombard it with whispers.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    28.5 hours to Headstart times.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    not accurate enough, someone needs re-education

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNrKs9RabfYnc_8a-ayjndA

This gentleman has video previews of a bunch of addons. Might be useful for those of you who want to see them in action, more than just a screenshot.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I have added the EU/PVP server to the spreadsheet....which hopefully other people check.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Badwrong wrote: »
    For the few doing a PVP server, which one are they going on and what faction?

@badwrong

Pergo! Both Dominion and Exile I believe.

Sonork on
  • Options
    5xad0w5xad0w Lower Earth OrbitRegistered User regular
    You guys on Dominion side making a pre-guild social circle?

I'll be on for headstart right out of the gate, but my buddy who also pre-ordered has to work on Saturday so I'll likely be taking my leisure so I don't jump too far ahead of him. Trying to avoid a "riding a huge cat with stars falling all around me" scenario since this is only his 2nd MMO.

• Options
    Some more useful addon info. This is the stuff I'm using right now.

AuraMastery - Tremendously useful for all the stuff that happens in combat. On crit skills, on deflect skills, etc, etc. Completely customizable and can be setup to do some pretty cool stuff. On my beta warrior it would pop my on crit or deflect skills with countdown timers for the activation window, or a different colored timer if the skill was on cooldown.

BetterQuestLog - Makes the hot mess that is the default quest log much less mess and much more hot. Basically removes the blocky weird categorized drop down boxes for a much cleaner, more space efficient design. Video here.

BijiPlates - Number one for a reason. Replaces the default name plate options. Video of it in action here.

CustomFoV - Change the field of view of the game to reduce the potential for eye strain.

Deadlock Ext - A "steer" alternative. I prefer this one as it makes steering combat much more friendly and much more like Tera, which was awesome.

Hephaestus - Makes crafting much less of a hassle. You can now craft more than one basic ingredient at a time.

LocalTime - Time waits for no man, so keep an eye on yours with this handy addon.

NexusPanel - Adds a bar with a bunch of handy info to the top of your screen. Zone, sub-zone with coordinates. Time to level. Money spent vs money earned this session. More.

Stalker Resource System - Moves my suit power bar where I tell it, like where I can see it when focusing on combat.

Threatmeter - Threat management.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    5xad0w wrote: »

I'll be on for headstart right out of the gate, but my buddy who also pre-ordered has to work on Saturday so I'll likely be taking my leisure so I don't jump too far ahead of him. Trying to avoid a "riding a huge cat with stars falling all around me" scenario since this is only his 2nd MMO.

There is a mentor system in place to downlevel yourself so you can still play together which you can trigger for adventures and dungeons but I think also the open world. I'll see if I can dig up the specifics or someone else more familiar with it can fill you in.

Translation: go nuts!

Edit: Looks like you just join the group (don't know if you need to be leader), right click their name in the party and select mentor.

Sure your friend will still be jealous of you being closer akin to infinity, but you can play together easily.

Karoz on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Karoz wrote: »
    5xad0w wrote: »

There is a mentor system in place to downlevel yourself so you can still play together which you can trigger for adventures and dungeons but I think also the open world. I'll see if I can dig up the specifics or someone else more familiar with it can fill you in.

Translation: go nuts!

Edit: Looks like you just join the group (don't know if you need to be leader), right click their name in the party and select mentor.

Sure your friend will still be jealous of you being closer akin to infinity, but you can play together easily.

This is correct, as long as you're within range you'll downlevel to their level and still gain (a much smaller amount of) experience and renown! You also keep access to all your skills, though, so you'll probably still be a bit stronger than you normally would be at that level, but hey, where's the fun in not having an advantage?

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Or you could level a normal character and then have an alt that you play with him on.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Are there any addons that get rid of the default Action Bar, because that thing looks atrocious.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    5xad0w5xad0w Lower Earth OrbitRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Are there any addons that get rid of the default Action Bar, because that thing looks atrocious.

Yup. Don't know what all there is off hand, but I've seen some very minimal UI's on the main board.

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    I am very excited for tomorrow. Only have a half day at work, plan on coming home, going to bed way early, and waking up for the head start (I, like many others have previously mentioned, have become too old to want to just stay up & pull an all-nighter... Get off my lawn, you damned kids).

I'm still not sure what class I'm going to play, though. I had it down to either engineer or stalker, but ended up playing the warrior a lot (well, more than any other class) and I think I may end up going that route. Blargh. I hate having to pick (and while I know I'll have alts, I really would like the 1st guy I make to be my main).

• Options
  • Options
    MoridinMoridin Registered User regular
    Just added myself to the spreadsheet/launch party. I'll be in-game as Callef I think (I think someone else stole Calef)

sig10008eq.png
This discussion has been closed.