Options

[Phalla] F-Zero PX - Race Finale: The Champion of F-Zero PX is...

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    CesareB wrote: »
    I'm really starting to feel for jdark. Let the man play!

Aside from the "OMFG jdark". Wouldn't surprise me if someone on the mafia was freakin' out at the likely possibility he created an awesome racer.

Math games I feel bad for Jdark. If he's not mafia, he's dying early. If he's mafia, people suspect he's mafia because he hasn't died. Harsh catch 22.
    Join us tomorrow for why the fuck is infidel still alive!
    Pfft, why wait? We could vote Infidel out right now!

We could vote Infideln couldn't we?

• Options
    QuestionablySaneQuestionablySane Registered User regular
    Damn, I'm still at my cousins wedding. I'll go dr five posts before mine.... So Megafrost it is.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Two hours until scheduled vote close and a lot of people have put in neither orders nor vote. I'll extend the vote close another day if the weekend is causing people to have trouble reporting in, but I'd rather not do so.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Pff you don't have the adventurers needed to confront the xanathar.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    sir fab

It may be an obvious question to you but at least it's trying to get a discussion going. If the mafia is going after people who typically make spreadsheets / help explain complicated games I might expect them to take a pass at phyphor. Although I guess taking him out of the race works as well since they don't need to outnumber.

Ended up having to do more yard work than I liked today but if anyone wants to talk send me a pm. Now back to baking cookies

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    well, i'd expect the mafia not to lurk too far down in the pack.
    they would need to make sure their positions weren't too far behind so that they could catch up later.
    i'd also expect a few bruisers with A/E/C stats, though how many of them became mafia, no one can predict.

at least i've done my part, making the mafia use their kill on a vanillager if they wanna catch up to this~

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I also will vote for sir fab though I don't have the best reasoning, I climbed a mountain today so I wasn't really up for phone phalla at 3500 feet.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Phone vote Gizzy

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I suppose I'll go with Megafrost

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    One hour until vote close and I think I have a satisfactory number of orders and votes. Race 2 will close at the originally announced time (in less than an hour).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !38th

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    CesareB

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    I have no idea who to red vote. I'm not sure it'd matter, as I think Gizzy has a commanding lead.

Normally I'd say some people were being super quiet, but this is the weekend, I guess.

Kime

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

It may be an obvious question to you but at least it's trying to get a discussion going. If the mafia is going after people who typically make spreadsheets / help explain complicated games I might expect them to take a pass at phyphor. Although I guess taking him out of the race works as well since they don't need to outnumber.

Ended up having to do more yard work than I liked today but if anyone wants to talk send me a pm. Now back to baking cookies

Eh, it just sort of seemed like a "what could the mafia be up to?" post that didn't really seem to contribute anything.

That said, I'm mostly going on a hunch here.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    well, i'd expect the mafia not to lurk too far down in the pack.
    they would need to make sure their positions weren't too far behind so that they could catch up later.
    i'd also expect a few bruisers with A/E/C stats, though how many of them became mafia, no one can predict.

at least i've done my part, making the mafia use their kill on a vanillager if they wanna catch up to this~

I would have to imagine the mafia were allowed to reroll their vehicles after they were selected. That said, there are 6 days in the race, and even with middling performances after the first day, they'd have plenty of time to pass/eliminate people who did well even if they were currently in dead last.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    OoOOoOOOOOOoooOoO
    I really need to stop dying day 1.
    OOOooOOOOOoooooOo

discrider on
  • Options
    Race 2 has closed.

Narration and results up in an hour.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @Capfalcon‌

the phalla most appropriate for you and you don't even have a Captain Falcon avatar. WTF!?

Egos on
  • Options
    Race 3: Big Blue - Emperor Wave

Hello viewers, and welcome to tonight's report on the latest race in the F-Zero preliminary league. In today's race, the pilots challenged the twisting and windy Green Plant track Twisting Wind. For the most part, the racers were able to navigate the tricky curves with precision - the winner of the grand prix will truly be worthy of standing among the others in the main F-Zero circuit.

Not all racers were able to make it through the entire course, however. Nosferatu Neptune had to make an early exit after interference from another racer; but at least he fared better than Player Two (JPants), whose machine the Lickety Split was battered by attacks. It looks like Player Two will not be playing for the rest of this season, and has withdrawn participation from all remaining races. There was a third crash victim in today's race, the pilot of the Cold Fusion, Harrison Frost (Megafrost). Frost seemed to have lost control, suffering an uncharacteristic spin-out on sweeping curve number five and falling from the track.

Interestingly, one racer, Gadget Hackwrench (Gizzy), did not even make it to the starting line. When it came to board the machines to move to the starting line, the pilot had apparently left the racing facilities and nobody's been able to make contact with her since. Race judges have disqualified Gadget from participation in the rest of the season due to her absence, so even if she does pop back up, she'll have to wait until next time to try again. Best of luck, kiddo!

The elimination of two of the top pilots from the first race have shaken up the middle of the rankings quite a bit, but with a second victory, the pilot of the Stephanie Dola, *coughcoughmumblemumble* has taken a commanding lead. The remaining racers will be traveling to the gorgeous Big Blue for their next race. There won't be time for sightseeing when there's racing to do, however! What surprises will this high-speed track have in store for them?

Race 2 Outcomes:
    1st Place - Machine: Stephanie Dola / Pilot: ________ (Lucedes) - 100 points
    2nd Place - Machine: Rebel / Pilot: Steve McQueen (Grunt's Ghosts) - 93 points
    3rd Place - Machine: Cracktrap / Pilot: Cracky McGee (schuss) - 88 points
    4th Place - Machine: Raging Lion / Pilot: Leonardo Felix (CesareB) - 83 points
    5th Place - Machine: Golden Goose / Pilot: J Grimm (Phyphor) - 78 points
    6th Place - Machine: Chaser / Pilot: Dack Janiels (Trust) - 73 points
    7th Place - Machine: Red 5 / Pilot: Joker (Assuran) - 68 points
    8th Place - Machine: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot / Pilot: Don Juan CherryTempo (Bedlam) - 64 points
    9th Place - Machine: Silver Talon / Pilot: Madame Silver (kime) - 60 points
    10th Place - Machine: Overcompensating Phallus / Pilot: Chet Rockwell (QuestionablySane) - 57 points
    11th Place - Machine: BP-1729 / Pilot: Zapp Brannigan (Infidel) - 53 points
    12th Place - Machine: Wolfoid / Pilot: Grimm Shado (Capfalcon) - 50 points
    13th Place - Machine: Eye of the Beholder / Pilot: Xanathar (38thDoe) - 47 points
    14th Place - Machine: Thunder Slug / Pilot: Avaya Samex (MaxFrost) - 44 points
    15th Place - Machine: Sandman / Pilot: Baron Snoozelord (The Anonymous) - 42 points
    16th Place - Machine: Crash Rocket / Pilot: Zama Zama (MrTLicious) - 39 points
    17th Place - Machine: Poovey Drift / Pilot: Shiroi Kabocha (Sepah) - 37 points
    18th Place - Machine: Ombra Rossa / Pilot: Johnny Scavezzacollo (Preda) - 34 points
    19th Place - Machine: Shellshock / Pilot: Mellow Chelo (Auralynx) - 32 points
    20th Place - Machine: When Worlds Collide / Pilot: NotBedlam (Cythraul) - 30 points
    21st Place - Machine: Fab Cab / Pilot: Fabula Rasa (Sir Fabulous) - 28 points
    22nd Place - Machine: Ashen Snapper / Pilot: Enylo D'Oslmonne (SLyM) - 27 points
    23rd Place - Machine: Undead Storm / Pilot: Anthony Crane (Zombie Hero) - 25 points
    Did not finish:
    Machine: Ranger Plane / Pilot: Gadget Hackwrench (Gizzy) - 0 points
    Machine: Cold Fusion / Pilot: Harrison Frost (Megafrost) - 0 points
    Machine: Dracula Nightmare / Pilot: Nosferatu Neptune (Egos) - 0 points
    Machine: Lickety Split / Pilot: Player Two (JPants) - 0 points

Eliminated Players
    Machine: Ranger Plane / Pilot: Gadget Hackwrench (Gizzy)
    Machine: Cold Fusion / Pilot: Harrison Frost (Megafrost)
    Machine: Lickety Split / Pilot: Player Two (JPants)

Race Conditions: Big Blue - Emperor Wave features a giant half-pipe section that is great for building up speed - but also great at causing spectacular crashes! Boost aggressiveness will play into the probability of crashing in the following fashion: {Defensive = 1.0x crash chance, Standard = 1.1x crash chance, All-Out = 1.2x crash chance}

Race 3 will close at Sunday, June 8, 10PM PDT / Monday, June 9, 1AM EDT / 5AM UTC.

Overall Standings after Race 2:
    1st Place - Machine: Stephanie Dola / Pilot: ________ (Lucedes) - 200 points
    2nd Place - Machine: Red 5 / Pilot: Joker (Assuran) - 157 points
    3rd Place - Machine: Rebel / Pilot: Steve McQueen (Grunt's Ghosts) - 138 points
    4th Place - Machine: Crash Rocket / Pilot: Zama Zama (MrTLicious) - 133 points
    5th Place - Machine: Chaser / Pilot: Dack Janiels (Trust) - 127 points
    6th Place - Machine: Silver Talon / Pilot: Madame Silver (kime) - 127 points
    7th Place - Machine: Raging Lion / Pilot: Leonardo Felix (CesareB) - 119 points
    8th Place - Machine: Thunder Slug / Pilot: Avaya Samex (MaxFrost) - 119 points
    9th Place - Machine: Overcompensating Phallus / Pilot: Chet Rockwell (QuestionablySane) - 117 points
    10th Place - Machine: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot / Pilot: Don Juan CherryTempo (Bedlam) - 107 points
    11th Place - Machine: Wolfoid / Pilot: Grimm Shado (Capfalcon) - 98 points
    12th Place - Machine: Eye of the Beholder / Pilot: Xanathar (38thDoe) - 98 points
    13th Place - Machine: Cracktrap / Pilot: Cracky McGee (schuss) - 88 points
    14th Place - Machine: BP-1729 / Pilot: Zapp Brannigan (Infidel) - 84 points
    15th Place - Machine: Undead Storm / Pilot: Anthony Crane (Zombie Hero) - 82 points
    16th Place - Machine: Golden Goose / Pilot: J Grimm (Phyphor) - 78 points
    17th Place - Machine: Dracula Nightmare / Pilot: Nosferatu Neptune (Egos) - 71 points
    18th Place - Machine: Poovey Drift / Pilot: Shiroi Kabocha (Sepah) - 69 points
    19th Place - Machine: Sandman / Pilot: Baron Snoozelord (The Anonymous) - 68 points
    20th Place - Machine: Ashen Snapper / Pilot: Enylo D'Oslmonne (SLyM) - 68 points
    21st Place - Machine: Shellshock / Pilot: Mellow Chelo (Auralynx) - 66 points
    22nd Place - Machine: Fab Cab / Pilot: Fabula Rasa (Sir Fabulous) - 66 points
    23rd Place - Machine: Ombra Rossa / Pilot: Johnny Scavezzacollo (Preda) - 63 points
    24th Place - Machine: When Worlds Collide / Pilot: NotBedlam (Cythraul) - 57 points

Race 3 Scoring:
    Place - Points
    1 - 100
    2 - 93
    3 - 86
    4 - 81
    5 - 75
    6 - 70
    7 - 65
    8 - 61
    9 - 57
    10 - 53
    11 - 49
    12 - 43
    13 - 40
    14 - 37
    15 - 35
    16 - 32
    17 - 30
    18 - 28
    19 - 26
    20 - 24
    21 - 23
    22 - 22
    23 - 21
    24 - 20

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    6th place overall :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Ok, one bad pilot out, so time to spreadsheet...

Day 1
    6 Obifett- Capfalcon (3), Assuran (9), Questionably sane (11), bedlam (19), infidel (20), CesareB (21), jdarksun (28), jdarksun (30),
    6 Maxfrost - Megafrost (5), Gizzy (23), Phyphor (24), Sepah (26), bedlam (27), Egos (29),
    Questionably sane- Obifett (1),
    jdarksun- Lucedes (2),
    Capfalcon- discrider (4),
    CesareB - schuss (6),
    discrider - TA (7),
    schuss - MrT (8), GG (10),
    ZH - Cythraul (12), jdarksun (13),
    Egos- Preda (14),
    Megafrost - Maxfrost (15)
    Lucedes- SirFab (16),
    SirFab- Slym (17),
    vertroue (kime will step in)- 38th doe(18),
    Preda- Egos (22), ZH (25),

not voted: Auralynx, vertroue/kime, Trust, Jpants

Day 2
    8 Gizzy - Megafrost (3), bedlam (4), Megafrost (7), Phyphor (13), GG (14), Egos (18), Assuran (19), Cythraul (21), MrT (27),
    3 infidel- Trust (5), TA (20), Capfalcon (23),
    3 kime-Megafrost (6), Auralynx (8), schuss (9), Gizzy (17), Sepah (31),
    3 Megafrost- CesareB (12), Gizzy (16) Questionably Sane (24), kime (28),
    2 38th Doe - SirFab (22), infidel (29),
    2 SirFab- 38th Doe (25), Slym (26),
    Lucedes - Preda (2),
    Egos- Maxfrost (10),
    Assuran- Lucedes (11),
    GG- Auralynx (15),
    CesareB- ZH (30)
    0 jdarksun - Lucedes (1),

not voted : Jpants

Preda on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    you adopted my method, preda :)
    Day 2

Gizzy- Megafrost (2), Bedlam (3), Megafrost(6), phyphor(12), Grunt’s Ghost (13), Egos (17), Assuran (18), Cythraul (20), Mr. TLicious(26),
    Kime- Megafrost (5) Auralynx(7), Schuss(8), Gizzy(16), sepah (30)
    Megafrost –CesareB(11), Gizzy (15), QuestionablySane(23), kime(27)
    38thDoe- Sir Fabulous (21), Infidel(28)
    Infidel-Trust (4), T_A (19), Capfalcon(22)
    Lucedes-Preda (1)
    Egos- MaxFrost(9)
    Assuran- Lucedes(10)
    Grunt's Ghost- Auralynx(14)
    Sir Fabulous- 38thdoe(24), Slym(25)
    CesareB- -ZombieHero(29)

edit: though I seem to have missed your vote,slym, zh and auralynx's :| *whistles* (ok have to redo this)
    (should be right now)

Day 1

Obifett- Capfalcon(3),Assuran(10), QuestionablySane(11), Bedlam(19), Infidel (20), caesarb(21), jdarksun(28) also redundant (30)
    MaxFrost- Megafrost(5), Gizzy(23), Phyphor (24), Sepah (26), Bedlam (27). Egos(29)( ineffective)
    schuss- MrTLicious(8), Grunt’s Ghost (9)
    Zombie Hero- Cythraul (12), jdarksun(13),
    capfalcon- discrider(4)
    QuestionablySane Obifett(1)
    jdarksun- lucedes(2),
    CesareB- schuss(6)
    discrider – T_A (7)
    Egos- preda (14)
    Megafrost- MaxFrost(15)
    Lucedes- Sirfabulous (16)
    SirFabulous- SlyM(17)
    Vertroue- 38thdoe(18)

bold= put someone in the lead
    bold +u- put someone in second place
    italics= tied the vote
    u+ i -tied second place contenders

Egos on
  • Options
    i'm def. gonna get murdered tonight~

• Options

if you aren't mafia, they'll probably save you for the second to last day. In hopes that the village will vote you off before then.

• Options
    yeah, it's standard tactics, i guess.

in the meantime, i'm the fastest racer alive~ eat my space dust~

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

if you aren't mafia, they'll probably save you for the second to last day. In hopes that the village will vote you off before then.

Or that you inactive out.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OoOoOoOOoOOoOooOOOoOooOOoOOooOOO

I SO TOTALLY CALLED IT!

OoOoOoOOoOOoOooOOOoOooOOoOOooOOO

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Or that Lucedes is mafia herself and thinking that she is their problem is deadly.

• Options
    Data! 1st day - 2nd Day - Overall

Lucedes - 1st - 1st - 1st
    Assuran - 3rd - 7th - 2nd
    Grunt's Ghosts - 15th - 2nd - 3rd
    MrTlicious - 2nd - 16th - 4th
    Trust - 12th - 6th - 5th
    Kime(vertroue) - 8th - 9th - 6th
    CesareB - 19th - 4th - 7th
    Maxfrost - 6th - 14th - 8th
    QuestionablySane - 10th - 10th - 9th
    Bedlam - 16th - 8th - 10th
    Capfalcon - 14th - 12th - 11th
    38thDoe - 13th - 13th - 12th
    Schuss - N/A - 3rd - 13th
    Infidel - 22nd - 11th - 14th
    Zombie Hero - 11th - 23rd - 15th
    Phyphor - N/A - 5th - 16th
    Egos - 7th - N/A - 17th
    Sepah - 21st - 17th - 18th
    The Anonymous - 25th - 15th - 19th
    Slym - 17th - 22nd - 20th
    Auralynx - 20th - 19th - 21st
    Sir Fab - 18th - 21st - 22nd
    Preda - 23rd - 18th - 23rd
    Cythraul - 24th - 20th - 24th

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'm mildly suspicious of how Trust placed 12th and 6th to come out at an overall 5th.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Well points are added, not averaged.

For instance Lucedes only has to place in the top 8 spots to keep first place. Assuran only upsets her if he places first and she places 9 or lower (or a similar disparity occurs). Its a more dramatic gap between lower players.

• Options
    keep in mind that the village win condition is based on the race, not anything else.
    the game is not going to last until outnumber conditions are met. it's a race. there is no bitter end, only day six.

• Options
    i'm suspicious of Grunt's Ghosts.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    No, you are threaten by my speed. It's not hard to catch up when you don't waste speed attacking and just go ballz out.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Sir Fab for a placeholder.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MrTLicious for now.

Those knowing Gizzy was doomed are ones I'm curious about . Her point of doom being cemented by GG and set in motion by Phyphor. Ideal places for mafia if risky. But for now looking towards the others.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    I'm mildly suspicious of how Trust placed 12th and 6th to come out at an overall 5th.

I'm more suspicious of Trust because is extremely silent, missed the first vote, and is in the middle high score area.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    Cythraul wrote: »

I'm more suspicious of Trust because is extremely silent, missed the first vote, and is in the middle high score area.

I'd rather give Trust a shot at playing, since he did get the ball rolling on a network pretty effectively in Padmasam, but I agree he's in a bad place scoring-wise.

• Options
    Preda wrote: »
    to be fair he lives in a different time zone.

Which makes him a rather easy target

• Options
    I can see the mafia gunning for MrTLicious the same way they gunned for jdark. Which means him still being alive and not being gunned for suspicious.