Options

old steem thred

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    bobwoco wrote: »
    75% off Gunpoint two days before the sale starts? Come on, Valve! That's playing dirty!

Clever. So many sale fanatics are locked and steam-wallet-loaded ready to go. I'd have to imagine more than a few will jump the gun on a good game at a nominal price.

I guess we'll see. He's been great about sharing sales data. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    If I had another $1.02 in my steam wallet I'd be buying gunpoint, but I don't so I wont

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Well, looks like it worked. Kinda.

a03IKNn.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    So quick question. With the Steam sale looming ever closer, I find that I may be in Europe for the duration of the sale. Is there any way for me to pay for stuff in USD, given that my bank is in the U.S.?

Yes and no. I normally charge to my credit card, which has no problem with overseas purchases like GOG or GreenManGaming. But when I was abroad during a Winter Sale, Steam would not let me make purchases on my US account with my US credit card from a foreign IP address, and I know it wasn't the credit card's fault because I used it exclusively on the trip and pre-approved it for foreign travel.

Your best bet would be to use Paypal as a third party (set it up to draw from your credit card), or just put money into your steam wallet now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey all, quick PSA about the Steam Sale. When the sales rollover occurs at 10:00 AM PST, look at the prices. If it looks too good to be true, buy it, because it has been the case in previous sales where an erroneously super low price gets put up only to be corrected in about 15 minutes.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Hey all, quick PSA about the Steam Sale. When the sales rollover occurs at 10:00 AM PST, look at the prices. If it looks too good to be true, buy it, because tit has been the case in previous sales where an erroneously super low price gets put up only to be corrected in about 15 minutes.

Also look at percentages, if they are weird things like 93% instead of 66% or some multiple of 5, there is a good chance it is a goof that is combining the previous day's discount with the current day's discount.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Probably pulling some overtime today, guess where that's going. Woo steam sale!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Hey all, quick PSA about the Steam Sale. When the sales rollover occurs at 10:00 AM PST, look at the prices. If it looks too good to be true, buy it, because tit has been the case in previous sales where an erroneously super low price gets put up only to be corrected in about 15 minutes.

Right, and please take a breath before posting about it. We've had major sales with literal pages of thread filled with nothing but, "Arkham Asylum for only 10% off? What are they thinking?!?" "Call of Duty 4 at full price?* Suck it, Activision!" "Oh god oh god the darkness is closing in..."

Obvious exception: If a broken price favors the customer, light the beacon so we can all pile on. (Grab your copy first. ;) )

* Actual COD4 sale price? 10% off.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    The sale starts at 10AM PST tomorrow?

But i'll be at work ;-;

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The sale starts at 10AM PST?

Usually.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    The sale starts at 10AM PST tomorrow?

But i'll be at work ;-;

Thursday.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    But i'll be working a 12 hour shift on thursday :neutral_face:

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Steam Mobile! Let's you buy all the games from your android or iphone!

• Options

Truly a terrible/wonderful creation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Steam sale tomorrow? But I'm at work. And cell phones are forbidden inside prison grounds.

I will have to experience it vicariously through all of you and also be thankful that flash deals are eight hours long (they are right?) so I can snag them when I get home.

• Options

Truly a terrible/wonderful creation.

And if your steam machine is running at home you can even remotely start downloads.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Gah, time to get some steam bucks.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

Don't worry, steam won't work for at least that long anyways

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

Don't forget the voting! You can vote from the mobile app and in the past, for every 3 votes (a new one every 8 hours on the next flash sale) you get a sale card.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That baby on the bottom right is up to something.

Pooping, most likely.

And thus the primary flaw in the baby body armor plan.

No, that's #2. (Heh.)
    #1, that I immediately thought of when I saw that image, was "headshot."

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    That baby on the bottom right is up to something.

Pooping, most likely.

And thus the primary flaw in the baby body armor plan.

No, that's #2. (Heh.)
    #1, that I immediately thought of when I saw that image, was "headshot."

Can't, if he falls over, a baby gets crushed.

In the comic the heroes actually string a noose around his neck from above, hang him off the ceiling until they get the babies off of him.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Biggest flaw with the headshot plan is I'd say that guy weighs over 200 lbs. That's 200 lbs. of immediate dead weight falling on the babies as soon as the headshot is made.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Biggest flaw with the headshot plan is I'd say that guy weighs over 200 lbs. That's 200 lbs. of immediate dead weight falling on the babies as soon as the headshot is made.

Wait, I thought we were headshotting the babies?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Okay, fair point.

@CorriganX : No.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I want to add a clarification. I think I have mentioned in the past that I have a son. It is from a previous marriage. I love him, so I have some understanding of finances and kids. Now, this is the first child of my current wife. I'm obstaining from steam not because I don't have extra money, I do have a little, I really don't want student loans. That and what I know will happen, I'm hedging on best case.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

Wait, I thought we were headshotting the babies?

Easy there Jack Traven.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I thought Dyas was just starting college

i am so confused.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Steam sale tomorrow? But I'm at work. And cell phones are forbidden inside prison grounds.

I will have to experience it vicariously through all of you and also be thankful that flash deals are eight hours long (they are right?) so I can snag them when I get home.

Say you took up smoking. Leave the grounds for your break every couple of hours and use your phone to participate in the sale off-site every couple hours.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Say you took up smoking. Leave the grounds for your break every couple of hours and use your phone to participate in the sale off-site every couple hours.

Smoking is a less expensive addiction.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

i am so confused.

I am, for the second time. Sorry there, didn't mean to be confusing.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Okay, fair point.

I'd take being headshot before being covered in molten green baby poo.

Mercy kill.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

i am so confused.

I am, for the second time. Sorry there, didn't mean to be confusing.

It's okay! I was just making arbitrary assumptions about your age based off of hastily gleaned information.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    So quick question. With the Steam sale looming ever closer, I find that I may be in Europe for the duration of the sale. Is there any way for me to pay for stuff in USD, given that my bank is in the U.S.?

Yes and no. I normally charge to my credit card, which has no problem with overseas purchases like GOG or GreenManGaming. But when I was abroad during a Winter Sale, Steam would not let me make purchases on my US account with my US credit card from a foreign IP address, and I know it wasn't the credit card's fault because I used it exclusively on the trip and pre-approved it for foreign travel.

Your best bet would be to use Paypal as a third party (set it up to draw from your credit card), or just put money into your steam wallet now.

Well, By "may be in Europe", I mean "I'm already in Europe and will be for the next 2 weeks or so", so the wallet thing is out. How does the Paypal work to get me the U.S. prices? Because I'm seeing prices here in Euros.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options

Smoking is also forbidden on prison grounds. I can leave the fence but still be on grounds and I wouldn't leave said grounds until I pass the final guard shack on the perimeter road. No one gets smoke breaks here and if they've got a smoking habit it gets dropped very quickly or they learn to control it.

It'll be all right. Flash sales every eight hours, which means I can vote/buy in the morning when I wake up at 6AM PST, when I get home at 4PM, and when I'm eating dinner at 6PM. Perfect. I'll also need to get that app for this weekend when I'm visiting home and won't have my computer.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Item donations to the hospital of our choice are acceptable alternatives, right?

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options

Smoking is also forbidden on prison grounds. I can leave the fence but still be on grounds and I wouldn't leave said grounds until I pass the final guard shack on the perimeter road. No one gets smoke breaks here and if they've got a smoking habit it gets dropped very quickly or they learn to control it.

It'll be all right. Flash sales every eight hours, which means I can vote/buy in the morning when I wake up at 6AM PST, when I get home at 4PM, and when I'm eating dinner at 6PM. Perfect. I'll also need to get that app for this weekend when I'm visiting home and won't have my computer.

are you actually the prisoner

y/n

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Item donations to the hospital of our choice are acceptable alternatives, right?

Very much so, @tuxkamen. :)

EDIT: Unrelatedly, Xenonauts is out of early access!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So who is going to be first to gift Prison Architect to @Madican?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @Iolo‌ @Jragghen‌ @CorriganX‌

g89rkbddaccc.jpg

Also as an aside to anyone using the child's play website to link to their local hospital's Amazon wishlist, you can go find the wishlist on amazon smile as well and purchase from there. If you do, Amazon donates a portion to the charity of your choice (child's play is an option!) and your charity can go a bit further.

Someone really should make it so the child's play website automatically links you there.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    @corsini friended me. They than used classtorture to find Ms. Alure's steam acount. I know she wouldn't see the class coming, but I should have seen the trap. I hear she might have more games now. She is at work, so I can't confirm or deny that:
    A: Ms. Alure has a steam account.
    B: She changed her last name to match mine.
    C: CapitalW is classy.

Wait, I can confirm C.

This discussion has been closed.