Options

Desperation [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Being an adult is the best, do it Cass style - graduate by accident, get a bomb ass job, etc.

Meanwhile, I do not necessarily wholly advocate the Narwhal approach to adulthood so far

I mean it's been fun, on the whole

But it is not for the faint-hearted

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Another Spool in chat?

And just yesterday we were talking about the effectiveness of political influence via breeding strategies?

I'm going to be watching you closely Spool clan. I'm onto your trickster ways.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Being an adult is the best, do it Cass style - graduate by accident, get a bomb ass job, etc.

It occurs to me that "bomb ass job" means something different if one is a jihadist.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    all things considered life has been pretty good

i could maybe have had a better ~first 14 years but

meh

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Wait. Now the whole spool family are in chat? This thread has jumped the shark

not the younger two. :P not allowed.

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

:|

I'm the oldest and my sister definitely got to do shit earlier than I did

BC you are the beta tester child

sry it's a fact of life

oldest has massive perks tho

would not give it up
    pray tell, speak of them, for I am at a fucking loss here

my parents only had enough money to send one of us to a good college. guess who won out there (bros had to get fin aid).

a natural upper hand in physical confrontations

no hand me downs

parents are way more excited/eager to do your "first"
    -first and only trip to Disney world my lil bros were too young to really enjoy it
    -parents wouldn't let younger bros do super competitive sports cuz they were burned out from all the travel and time involved with me
    -i got pushed a lot harder with music and academics which had positive returns

idk i can probs think of more

The downside is that I was expected to provide free babysitting services whenever. Something my younger siblings didn't have to do till I moved out. I also was expected to have dinner prepared and ready. I did end up with stricter rules but I got way better at not getting caught then my siblings did.

yeah if the gap gets too big you become a bit of a second parent which suuuuuucks

One year between me and my brother. Two years between myself and my sister. Seven years between me and my next brother. Twelve years between my youngest brother and myself. Babysat all of them from basically age 9 on.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

I feel like I'm not sure what I can say here any more.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

:)

Plus dudes you all have to know she lurked for months beforehand

So she knows all about your various wiener and butt problems

And all the horrible things you've done with both, etc

I'm finally old enough to join the party. Plz don't stop partying because I have appeared.

JOKES ON YOU ADULTHOOD IS THE WORST PARTY STAY YOUNG FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

I refuse to believe that highschool was as good as it gets that must be false

Incredibly false, don't worry

Even college will be pretty fun, but it's still not as good as it gets

It just kinda keeps simultaneously getting better and harder

But you get better at putting both in perspective, too :)

College is pretty great except for not having money.

Then when you have money, you don't have any time to use it...

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    high school was p awesome in many ways but i got pretty lucky there

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

graduate by accident?

Yesssss when I enrolled there was only an "honours degree" that required 30% more credits and you needed a C+ to pass not a D

A year after I dropped out they offered a non honours degree I qualified for LOL

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

like seriously guys, she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to nope out of the thread. I'm not going to behave differently hanging out with my bros in here, and y'all shouldn't either.

I'm finally old enough to join the party. Plz don't stop partying because I have appeared.

College is actually the best by far.

Never leave college.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I hate college so much, and college hates me

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

well for me highschool was merely the beginning of the downward slope, things have only continued to deteriorate in the ensuing 12 years

but I'm sure that's not true for everyone!

I came up with an explanation for this over the summer.

Through high school, we are told what to do. You are in 3rd grade. You are in this room for this duration. You read this book Easy peasy.

Then when high school ends we are asked, "Alright. What do you want to do?"

Some of us were unprepared for that question. And remain so.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I didn't like college that much tbh

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

It occurs to me that "bomb ass job" means something different if one is a jihadist.

in chat terms it's just messy

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    It's been good but maybe I shouldn't have chosen to be a gay

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Rugged we can abuse you for being an only child if you think it'll help even things out.

We can also do it if it won't help.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

You'll let them earlier than you let BCleric, that's the inevitability of being an older child.

Don't even pretend like you don't recognize your younger siblings get things earlier than you did because your parents were super afraid of it for you and then realized that it's not bad and then are like whatev

I too am oldest, it is known

It is true that I was banned from reading Manga, watching Anime, and owning Barbies at different points in my verysmallness. Things which neither of my siblings have had to endure. *shakes fist*

In spool's defense, it saved you from ending up like me.

You're a popular, talented and successful game designer.

That is highly enviable.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hakkes you know I kid.

<3

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So like, the R's sometimes say D's are plotting by letting in all the immigrants so they can secure their vote.

We are in bizzaro land where spool is getting in all his family to turn the forums conservative.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

That sounds really expensive.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

Man I was ready to get out of there much as I loved it

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    @Deebaser‌

Thanks for reminding me that there is a new Pixies album that I have never heard.

It's...ok so far I guess. Better than Trompe Le Monde, but ehh.... /stillbitteraboutkimdeal

Bag boy speaks to me

• Options
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

well for me highschool was merely the beginning of the downward slope, things have only continued to deteriorate in the ensuing 12 years

but I'm sure that's not true for everyone!

I came up with an explanation for this over the summer.

Through high school, we are told what to do. You are in 3rd grade. You are in this room for this duration. You read this book Easy peasy.

Then when high school ends we are asked, "Alright. What do you want to do?"

Some of us were unprepared for that question. And remain so.

Yeah. Just make sure to pick something that either
    A) You're pretty good at
    or
    B ) Makes that cheddar

• Options

I'm the oldest and my sister definitely got to do shit earlier than I did

BC you are the beta tester child

sry it's a fact of life

oldest has massive perks tho

would not give it up
    pray tell, speak of them, for I am at a fucking loss here

my parents only had enough money to send one of us to a good college. guess who won out there (bros had to get fin aid).

a natural upper hand in physical confrontations

no hand me downs

parents are way more excited/eager to do your "first"
    -first and only trip to Disney world my lil bros were too young to really enjoy it
    -parents wouldn't let younger bros do super competitive sports cuz they were burned out from all the travel and time involved with me
    -i got pushed a lot harder with music and academics which had positive returns

idk i can probs think of more

The downside is that I was expected to provide free babysitting services whenever. Something my younger siblings didn't have to do till I moved out. I also was expected to have dinner prepared and ready. I did end up with stricter rules but I got way better at not getting caught then my siblings did.

yeah if the gap gets too big you become a bit of a second parent which suuuuuucks

One year between me and my brother. Two years between myself and my sister. Seven years between me and my next brother. Twelve years between my youngest brother and myself. Babysat all of them from basically age 9 on.

oof

yeah me to my youngest bro was 6 years and that still felt too big. like, we didn't really start getting along until after i graduated from college because what 16 year old wants to waste time hanging with a 10 year old.

now maybe i went too far the other way because my 3 kids will be 3 years from oldest to youngest but that's how it always seems to go. maybe my kids will space any potential grandkids 10 years apart in response.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The lack of money is why uni is bad

The fact you no longer live close to all your friends afterwards is why that bit is bad

But you get to drink increasingly delicious scotch. And that sort of makes up for it.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    So like, the R's sometimes say D's are plotting by letting in all the immigrants so they can secure their vote.

We are in bizzaro land where spool is getting in all his family to turn the forums conservative.

you wouldn't dare dogpile on his opinions in front of his wife and kids

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

I haven't met anyone with half a brain that really enjoyed highschool(Im sure people exist), everyone I know hated it.

You might hate college, you will still look at it fondly. Welcome to the real world, sucker.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

The secret is to get to the point where they're paying you to keep going!

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I don't know

I don't mind cursing in public, or in front of children at the store (even though apparently I shouldn't do that)

But like...I know Spool.

I don't wanna talk about dix n buttz in front of his child.

I mean, I do

But not while he's also in the room

It would be like watching porn with someone else. Taking an awesome thing and making it weird by having too many people involved.

Also, BC, aren't you going to school in Mass?

How can we know you aren't here to spy on us for Texas and you are just buttering us up

You are the real enemy.

I know

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkes you know I kid.

<3

*wipes eyes*

u sonofabitch u r marked for death 4 this

watch ur back skinny boi

hiss

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

Don't even pretend like you don't recognize your younger siblings get things earlier than you did because your parents were super afraid of it for you and then realized that it's not bad and then are like whatev

It is true that I was banned from reading Manga, watching Anime, and owning Barbies at different points in my verysmallness. Things which neither of my siblings have had to endure. *shakes fist*

You're a popular, talented and successful game designer.

That is highly enviable.

Oh I know.

I still happen to do a job that you probably wouldn't want your daughter doing, though.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

To clarify, that does not mean that I did not do all of those things. There is a picture of my 12yr old self, passed out surrounded by copies of Tokyo Mew-Mew, from two days after I was told not to read Tokyo Mew-Mew.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

To clarify, that does not mean that I did not do all of those things. There is a picture of my 12yr old self, passed out surrounded by copies of Tokyo Mew-Mew, from two days after I was told not to read Tokyo Mew-Mew

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Incredibly false, don't worry

Even college will be pretty fun, but it's still not as good as it gets

It just kinda keeps simultaneously getting better and harder

But you get better at putting both in perspective, too :)

College is pretty great except for not having money.

Then when you have money, you don't have any time to use it...

Every part is the best and worst at the same time.

High School you've got pretty much no responsibility but little freedom.

College you've got freedom, a little responsibility, and no money.

Post-college you've got freedom, more responsibility, but some money.

Married with children you've got little freedom, a lot of responsibility, lots of money all goes to not-fun things, but kids so it's the best.

Although I've got to say the single, post-college, making grown-up money phase was pretty fun but not somewhere you want to spend too much time.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My youngest brother was the best to babysit once he got past diaper changing age. Hell, he used to think I was cool because I had to run the pokemon league when I worked in a bookstore. The brother closest to me in age was the most massive pain in the ass. He thought he should be in charge. I was told I was so we often settled this like 9 and 8 year olds do.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Also I don't wanna go to class in 2 hours. For 3 hours.

I don't wanna get home after 9 tonight.

It's like having the lamest 11 hour work day.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options

you wouldn't dare dogpile on his opinions in front of his wife and kids

...yeeeah, we know better than that

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

Some people go to college to find a career
    Smart people make college their career

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Yesterday this was articulated as spool's own interpretation of the quiverfull movement, applied to [chat].

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    chu, get married and people just give you all clad
    fyi hth

plz its totally happening chu is going to put a ring on puppies' delicate little finger soon and invite us all to his destination wedding in the Gaza Strip

We'll all decline to go and opt for higher-priced items on their suspiciously lengthy, upper crust wedding registry

A) we have spoken about this before; They call me mr. Puppies
    @Blameless Cleric

Make sure you click on every spoiler tag your father has ever posted in the past.

This is a wise decision.

You can trust me.

I'm very trustworthy.

B) never trust crazy eyes mcgee

sig.gif
  • Options
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    I NEED AN ADULT.

NO FAMILIES ALLOWED.

CANNOT HANDLE.

don't censor yourself

Never leave college.

Fuck bitches, get massive student loan debt.

This discussion has been closed.