Options

[Wrestling] Peep Show this Sunday feat. Night of Champions

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I genuinely enjoyed the RAW the Monday before Takeover.

Jeez I am the worst at TOTP

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Shit, hope he's alright. Wonder what Seth'll do, besides get attacked by Dean.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

I don't think a "besides" is necessary here.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Seth comes out, cuts promo implying the Authority was behind Roman's injury, makes an open challenge. Dean comes out of nowhere, attacks from behind, we have an impromptu match. Book it.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Seth comes to check on Roman, pretend he still cares for his well being, the surgeon takes off his mask and its Dean.

• Options
    Also I guess this makes them giving away Seth and Roman on Raw last Monday good in hindsight.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    World Heavyweight Champion Tyler Black, The Pride of Davenport and also America

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Radius wrote: »
    World Heavyweight Champion Tyler Black, The Pride of Davenport and also America

this is me lamenting the loss of the hail hydra buttons

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    NoC is possibly the least excited I have been for a ppv so far

May I ask why? Even if the other matches haven't been super hyped the Brock/Cena rematch more than enough makes up for it IMO. And the other matches look good as well.

none of the current storylines interest me all that much. Two of the title defenses are just rematches from Summerslam, and I have a hard time getting excited for rematches like that

the new ones that should be good, like reigns/rollins and cesaro/sheamus feel really flat to me. The AJ/paige feud has been my biggest disappointment of the year. Jericho/orton will be well worked, but I don't know why it's happening other than "we need these guys on the card somewhere." I'm soured on basically all rusev feuds because his opponents keep saying sexist shit about lana

the only match I have any investment in is the tag title match

Kilroy on
  • Options
    So did that Network thing about Roman never happen? Hope that's not a bad sign.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The Cena/Brock and Dolph/Miz builds have been really good. The rest though...meh.

Most of the matches on the card look good on paper though, even if they did a poor job of making me care about the outcome.

• Options
    The build has been lacking for most of the matches but I still think an aura of hype still surrounds the event for the Lesnar rematch alone.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    so we didn't get a real rollins/dean ppv

and now we won't get rollins/reigns

dangit :(

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Ugh, half my picks are shots in the dark.

Combine this with my not having watched any WWE tv since well before Summerslam, and I've got a great feeling about our pick em chances...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

uh we got an amazing rollins/dean PPV match at Summerslam

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I have successfully pulled my friends down the wrestling hole

We watched the NXT Takeover last night, which they loved, and now they're going as Sami and Bayley for Halloween(and they also want them to be a couple/tag team because they are both super happy and upbeat and awesome) and then we watched Wrestlemania 30 up to the Cena/Wyatt match and are gonna finish it tonight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So did that Network thing about Roman never happen? Hope that's not a bad sign.
    Roughly 95 minutes after it was scheduled, WWE Network had an update on Roman Reigns' hernia surgery, saying it was a success. Dr. Chris Amann, in a phone interview, said that Reigns felt severe pain this morning in his hotel room and they recommended him being rushed to the hospital. At the hospital, they discovered a large and dangerous hernia which needed emergency surgery.

His recovery time could be anywhere from one to three months.

Nothing was said regarding Sunday's WWE Night of Champions past that Reigns vs. Seth Rollins match is off the card. The logical way to handle this would be for Dean Ambrose to show up as a surprise and replace him in the match. However, nothing in that direction has been hinted, nor would it likely be if they wanted it as a surprise.

• Options
    1 to 3 months isn't bad. Gets him back well before the Rumble. So that's Bryan, Barrett, AND Roman we have to look forward to coming back now.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Hopefully this mean Dean will get more time to shine!

Oh and something something.

jbyDJDitE3kK5Z.png

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There's speculation that the whole "next generation" thing and that Sting tweet is about a big reveal of WWE 2K15, now that it's on the next generation of consoles.

So, y'know, temper those expectations, people.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

uh we got an amazing rollins/dean PPV match at Summerslam

lol

i literally forgot about that because our entire viewing party for SS was so awkward during the cena/lesnar that it's all i remember from that PPV

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Picks are in. I went with a No Contest for Roman/Seth match before I even saw the news today. I just figured since they gave away the match on Monday something would happen to stop it this Sunday. Shitty it was a serious injury.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    -- No update on Roman Reigns past what is on the front page right now. Interestingly enough, there were two scripts for Night of Champions and one of them included Reigns not wrestling. I don't know what was in the script but I did think when they gave away the match for free on Raw Monday that it might have been because they had a booking idea for Sunday that involved the Reigns vs. Rollins match not happening (perhaps Dean Ambrose returned and destroyed Rollins before the match to make you think he was gone, and then later he'd make a surprise return for a briefcase cash-in). The whole writing crew now has to re-do three days worth of television in about the next 24 hours or so. Dave and I have a breaking audio up on the situation for subscribers right now.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So, John Morrison actually makes a really good Casey Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpKs5kafHM

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    this PPV was pretty easy to pick for me

unless swerve is the word

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I picked what I wanted to happen for the main event and then the rest I just figured wth guess this might happen.
    Brock wins, failed cash-in. Splits Brock/Heyman from the authority. Frees up the heels on the roster to be potential Brock opponents for a while. Sets up the authority having to eventually go to Reigns/Bryan/whoever and give them a title shot just to get the belt off Brock.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Reigns thing has me reconsidering what my pick for the main event will be. I was pretty certain that Cena would overcome the odds and squeak out a win, only to have Seth come out and cash in, but with Reigns out it seems like a slam dunk to have Ambrose back and either get into a brawl with Rollins that takes him out or come out at the end to stop him from cashing in.

Hmm. Hmmmm. I might need some time to think this through.

Before tanking all my picks.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options

I love Xavier Woods so much you guys.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Bray Wyatt isn't doing anything on the PPV, he could wrestle Rollins.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »
    The Reigns thing has me reconsidering what my pick for the main event will be. I was pretty certain that Cena would overcome the odds and squeak out a win, only to have Seth come out and cash in, but with Reigns out it seems like a slam dunk to have Ambrose back and either get into a brawl with Rollins that takes him out or come out at the end to stop him from cashing in.

Hmm. Hmmmm. I might need some time to think this through.

Before tanking all my picks.

I don't see how Roman being out now affects that plan, it doesn't affect Dean coming back at the show.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I am your SE++ Average Champion.

And as your average champion i must be honest.... I have been below average.

Sitting at 27%. BUT.

I missed the first 2 PPVs of the season, which if those average numbers factored in...

Really I am. ABOVE AVERAGE.

In the end it averages out to me... Being the SE++ AVERAGE AVERAGE CHAMPION.

In the spirit of this ... these are my nominations.

@Nirya

World Title Match: @Dex Dynamo
    Tag Title Match: Yea ok. Dyvim and Wirehead
    Average Title Match: @Blankzilla‌ & @Vann DirasA TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
    MitB Briefcase Match: Crwth
    #1 Contender Match: @HailtotheKale

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt isn't doing anything on the PPV, he could wrestle Rollins.

That would definitely be interesting if nothing else.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I just kind of feel a little bad for the WWE lately, as this year has been horrible for a lot of their build up of younger stars and some established talent. At the beginning of the year Phil peaces out, then Bryan gets hurt, Barret is hurt in his big build-up, and now the golden boy Reigns is out as well. Hell, Ziggler is just now really built up again from his fizzle a year or so before.

• Options
    never die wrote: »
    I just kind of feel a little bad for the WWE lately, as this year has been horrible for a lot of their build up of younger stars and some established talent. At the beginning of the year Phil peaces out, then Bryan gets hurt, Barret is hurt in his big build-up, and now the golden boy Reigns is out as well. Hell, Ziggler is just now really built up again from his fizzle a year or so before.

Yeah, it's affected them in a big way. At least Bryan, Barrett, and Reigns should be back before the end of the year. Hope the company as a whole can get some good momentum by Survivor Series but Dean coming back should help a lot in the meantime.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Just finished Takeover. The Charlotte/Bayley match was one of the best things I've seen on WWE all year.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Everyone though the new era would kick off like the Attitude Era and instead it's kicking off like the New Generation with a large swath of established guys being out after Mania 8.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Yeah, it's affected them in a big way. At least Bryan, Barrett, and Reigns should be back before the end of the year. Hope the company as a whole can get some good momentum by Survivor Series but Dean coming back should help a lot in the meantime.

To be fair, they have some hot talent in NXT that with some time on the main stage, would really shine. I hadn't really watched too much of NXT, but Sami Zayne is so charismatic and likeable in Takeover: Fatal 4 Way that I instantly liked him. Adrian Neville is amazing in the ring, which WWE fans would attach themselves too pretty quick. While I didn't really like Enzio Amore, he is really charismatic and I could see a larger crowd falling for him pretty quick as well. And their women's division is amazing, so hopefully that will shift up to the main stage as well.

This discussion has been closed.