As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Was playing with my black cat on Tonberry and had a little curious lallafel follow me around for a while.

I wasn't sure why until I looked around and noticed literally every other male miqote was white skin and pale hair.

Whereas when I make a black cat

1024x576.resizedimage

Fun fact. There is an absolutely gorgeous black cat at my workplace called Oscar. But some people call him Sabbath.
    So my character is called Oscar Sabbath.

Meeting that cat when I go to work makes getting up in the morning easy. I wasn't a super cat person before I started working there.

I'm at work so I don't have access to my screenshots, but my character model draws that same kind of attention sometimes. I'm one of the only black Roegadyn I've seen. Also, props on having one of the only male Miqo'te that I think looks totally awesome.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Rie wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Man, when the Sultana decides to speak, she's got something to say.

And she sounds like a squeaky toy.

You sound like a squeaky toy!
    All hail Nanamo!!!!

Pretend I linked the 15 minute loop of Vegeta squeezing Goku like a squeaky toy in DBZ Abridged.

That's what you people sound like.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

All hail Nanamo!!!!

Pretend I linked the 15 minute loop of Vegeta squeezing Goku like a squeaky toy in DBZ Abridged.

My dude sounds deep. I have party members in dungeons ask me why I sound like that.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    RieRie Registered User regular

All hail Nanamo!!!!

That is RACIST!

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    All Lalafels.

http://youtu.be/iWoTIJlE630

All. Of. Them.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Well I managed to make a guy on Sargatanas. Don't know how active I'll be though since I mainly play with my friend who's on a different server. However... considering how that's going I'll probably quickly overtake that one with this new guy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Okay, so now that I know the animus books are the same for every class, my thought is get some gear to soulbind while I work through the books with friends and chocobos. Which type(s) of gear should I soulbind, or does it not matter? Like, does choosing certain gear affect my chances of getting the right materia for the alexandrite steps?

edit - I also hit 50 last night on my goldsmith, which was my first crafter. Thanks to Lavinia Lansfield for making me the whole Patrician's set, 2 Aetheryte rings, and the Militia Wristlets, all HQ! Also thanks to Rusty Roads for gifting me the Militia Grinding Wheel, also HQ! Finally, a big thanks to Ta'los Lothar for making me all the HQ leve turn-ins along the way. Things like this are just another reason I love GHOST and make me happy to pay it forward.

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    You'll want to soulbind ilvl 45-70 DoW/DoM gear for materia. I don't know if it matters whether it's DoW or DoM for relic materias. I believe ilevel 70+ stuff has a better chance for Grade 4 Materia but I'm not certain how accurate that is anymore.

You'd soulbind DoH or DoL materia for their respective materias.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    You'll want to soulbind ilvl 45-70 DoW/DoM gear for materia. I don't know if it matters whether it's DoW or DoM for relic materias. I believe ilevel 70+ stuff has a better chance for Grade 4 Materia but I'm not certain how accurate that is anymore.

Wait, sorry, I thought a very specific type of Grade 4 materia goes into the scroll; it has to be Spell Speed materia if I want SS, Determination materia if I want DET, etc. It can be *any* Grade 4 materia?

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »

Wait, sorry, I thought a very specific type of Grade 4 materia goes into the scroll; it has to be Spell Speed materia if I want SS, Determination materia if I want DET, etc. It can be *any* Grade 4 materia?

It is specific, but the materia you gain from spiritbonding is pretty random. So you can spiritbond DoW/DoM gear and hope to get lucky with the Tier IV Materia you want to get, or you can raise the Gil you'll need and buy the Materia you want to get instead. Either one is a sizeable time investment.

The third method is to make your Novus without Tier IV materia altogether, which can work, but you'll have to make up the loss of stats elsewhere in your gear and how you itemize your character from then on will be a bit different.

Specifically the way it works for your Novus is that each secondary stat has a hard cap. When progressing on that stat the first 1/4 of the way will be Tier 1 materia for that stat, the second 1/4 will be Tier II, third 1/4 will be Tier III, and the final 1/4 will be Tier IV. As you progress in each 1/4 the chance that your meld of alexandrite and materia will fail will increase, sometimes the chance will drop pretty low (never goes below 50%) but it will rest back to 100% once you hit the next 1/4 and tier of materia.

Because of this getting that last few Tier IV materia into your Novus can be tricky if the chance drops significantly, and losing materia worth upwards of 500-600k Gil can be painful.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No it has to be a certain type, but you can't make the exact materia you want that I'm aware of. When you convert a piece of equipment it comes out as a certain grade of a random type of materia. You'll get combat focused materia from DoW/DoM equipment, Gathering focused from DoL equipment and Crafting focused from DoH equipment. I'm unaware of say (an example) Cobalt boots giving Det materia vs some other type of materia. You pretty much have to spiritbond equipment and hope the meld gives you the type of materia you want.

Cirira on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So it sounds like, while I do the non-dungeon portions of the books, it might make sense to spirit bond some gear just to make materia and either earn some cash / get lucky with a materia I need. I'm just trying to make the grind count for as much as possible.

Speaking of making things count; leveling gathering classes - is leves the way to go, like crafters? Or is it a straight grind to the top, while selling everything I don't use?

edit - What does Increased Spirit Bond Gain + 1 actually do?

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    I can't speak to gatherers. It was a straight grind when I did it since it took 10-15 levees for one level. I believe they've since fixed it but can't say for myself.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I did the straight grind with the few occasional leves for the DoLs. A lot of the earlier stuff sells, especially for mining. Alumen, Silver Ore are the two big ones and Effervescent Water is also a rather notable one for its use in Natron and Twinthread.

The 45-50 tier really bites. Rosewood logs are nigh worthless and none of the other 45-50 BTN items are worth much. Cobalt Ore is extremely volatile. The prices fluctuate between 50gil to 100gil per ore and is very likely to hit big periods of a serious glut in supply.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    General question, since I'm still going though story stuff and unlocking HM fights...

Should I be worrying about gear now, or does the story kinda get you to a point where you are told to worry about it?

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Start working on gear. It's rather trivial to get full i90 nowadays and it goes a very long way in making things more pleasant.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    And how does one get i90 gear?

Also, I think I've neglected my GC stuff. How do you rank up again? Was it a purchase using seals?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    And how does one get i90 gear?

Also, I think I've neglected my GC stuff. How do you rank up again? Was it a purchase using seals?

- You should focus on GC stuff too, because the highest rank of GC (second lieutenant) allows you to participate in hunts, which will gear you very quickly
    - The guy next to the quartermaster in your GC headquarters is the guy to talk to about promotions. Keep up on your GC hunting log and look for quests in the GC HQ; some promotions require you to complete a dungeon (quest) and a tab of your GC hunt log to acquire.
    - i90 gear can be purchased through Tomes of Mythology (or Allied Seals, which you get from hunts). Every dungeon / trial gives you Myth. Mor Dhona is the town with all the NPCs that accept Myth (and down the line, another tomestone called Soldiery) for gear

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So on topic of "what do I spritbind?" Check the MB to see how much crafting/gathering materia sell for.

So reason being, like Delph was saying, DoW/DoM accessories break down fairly randomly: Crit/Det from all of them (maybe not tank, I haven't broken a lot of tank), plus whichever primary is on them str/mind/dex/int, plus secondaries that would be on them like Piety from healing and Parry from tanking, PLUS resist crap. So a healing ring can turn into Crit, Det, Piety, Mind, Spell Speed, Earth/Wind/Fire/Water/Ice/Lightning resist III or IV. 22 different possibilities, 4 great, 2 meh, 16 almost-but-not-exactly worthless. You can still take them to the guy in CThan and transmute them at a 5:1 ratio, or try to sell them, but what I ended up doing instead...

Soulbinding Crafting/Gathering stuff, selling it, buying what I actually needed. Crafting/Gathering accessories never turn into resist materia, you will only ever get Craftsmanship/Control/CP from Crafting stuff and Gathering/Perception/GP from Gathering stuff, and all of them are useful. Another added bonus; On my server at least, tier II Crafting materia frequently sell for as much or more than III's, and the jewelry soulbinds faster. (when overmelding you have a higher success rate with lower tier materia and the stat caps are low, so you don't need III's in all slots) It's not quite as fun as hitting the lotto on a Det IV, but it worked!

I have no idea what the materia landscape is on Sarg though, so you'd have to check it out.

Outside of that, when I was binding DoW/DoM stuff I had a decent rate of Det from Spinel jewelry (Bard stuff) and Crit/Piety from Tourmaline (Healer).

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    So on topic of "what do I spritbind?" Check the MB to see how much crafting/gathering materia sell for.

So reason being, like Delph was saying, DoW/DoM accessories break down fairly randomly: Crit/Det from all of them (maybe not tank, I haven't broken a lot of tank), plus whichever primary is on them str/mind/dex/int, plus secondaries that would be on them like Piety from healing and Parry from tanking, PLUS resist crap. So a healing ring can turn into Crit, Det, Piety, Mind, Spell Speed, Earth/Wind/Fire/Water/Ice/Lightning resist III or IV. 22 different possibilities, 4 great, 2 meh, 16 almost-but-not-exactly worthless. You can still take them to the guy in CThan and transmute them at a 5:1 ratio, or try to sell them, but what I ended up doing instead...

Soulbinding Crafting/Gathering stuff, selling it, buying what I actually needed. Crafting/Gathering accessories never turn into resist materia, you will only ever get Craftsmanship/Control/CP from Crafting stuff and Gathering/Perception/GP from Gathering stuff, and all of them are useful. Another added bonus; On my server at least, tier II Crafting materia frequently sell for as much or more than III's, and the jewelry soulbinds faster. (when overmelding you have a higher success rate with lower tier materia and the stat caps are low, so you don't need III's in all slots) It's not quite as fun as hitting the lotto on a Det IV, but it worked!

I have no idea what the materia landscape is on Sarg though, so you'd have to check it out.

Outside of that, when I was binding DoW/DoM stuff I had a decent rate of Det from Spinel jewelry (Bard stuff) and Crit/Piety from Tourmaline (Healer).

Sorry, just to make sure I understand, you spirit-bonded gathering gear, turn it into materia yourself, and sell the materia to get funds for the ones you needed? You don't just sell fully spirit-bonded GEAR, right?

• Options

Sorry, just to make sure I understand, you spirit-bonded gathering gear, turn it into materia yourself, and sell the materia to get funds for the ones you needed? You don't just sell fully spirit-bonded GEAR, right?

Correct. The reason you do it with gathering/crafting gear is that you don't get any of the "crappy" materia when you spiritbond them. So it's a more sure Gil earner and you can then turn around and use that Gil for the materia you want.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Correct. The reason you do it with gathering/crafting gear is that you don't get any of the "crappy" materia when you spiritbond them. So it's a more sure Gil earner and you can then turn around and use that Gil for the materia you want.

Can I avoid this whole problem by just putting 3 stats on my weapon? For example, DET and SS are weighed almost identically for BLM. Can't I do something like 33 CRIT 31 SS 11 DET? Or hell, 33 CRIT, 31 DET, 11 PIE to get an extra fire or something?

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Was playing with my black cat on Tonberry and had a little curious lallafel follow me around for a while.

I wasn't sure why until I looked around and noticed literally every other miqote ever was white skin and pale hair.

ALMOST!
    80wuue4.jpg?1

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options

Can I avoid this whole problem by just putting 3 stats on my weapon? For example, DET and SS are weighed almost identically for BLM. Can't I do something like 33 CRIT 31 SS 11 DET? Or hell, 33 CRIT, 31 DET, 11 PIE to get an extra fire or something?

You could, but then you run the rick of creating a "dirty" Novus as they are being called. It's up to you how to build your Novus, and what stats you want to focus on for your specific needs. There are Novus builds that are generally considered the "best" in terms of min/maxing your weapon, but whether you choose to use that build or not is up to you.

In my case it made more sense to put points into ACC instead. It eases the restrictions on accuracy from the rest of my gear and lets me swap in another armor piece instead that I wouldn't be able to otherwise to compensate. Some would consider that taboo, but in my case it worked out much better than going pure Det/Crit and I prefer the options it affords me.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Black Mages and what they would requires so I can't help there.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

You could, but then you run the rick of creating a "dirty" Novus as they are being called. It's up to you how to build your Novus, and what stats you want to focus on for your specific needs. There are Novus builds that are generally considered the "best" in terms of min/maxing your weapon, but whether you choose to use that build or not is up to you.

In my case it made more sense to put points into ACC instead. It eases the restrictions on accuracy from the rest of my gear and lets me swap in another armor piece instead that I wouldn't be able to otherwise to compensate. Some would consider that taboo, but in my case it worked out much better than going pure Det/Crit and I prefer the options it affords me.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Black Mages and what they would requires so I can't help there.

Delph, thanks for this. Can you explain a little more about how you determined accuracy was useful for you, and how much you decided to put in? I'd definitely like to see the inside of Coil (while it's still difficult) and none of my gear has accuracy on it besides the myth pieces. I think the thought process on accuracy should be equivalent across the board if I replace my equivalent best 2 stats with yours, right?

• Options
    There's also something a bit wonky about the way they scaled the Nexus weapons if you have more than 2 secondaries. For example:
    2 secondaries yields +78 secondary stats
    3 secondaries is only giving +76
    (Novus gives 75)

There was also an issue on triple stats for my Paladin buddy's Novus, but he's logged out on WHM right now so I can't link it. I think he was short 1 Parry when triple statted.

I mean, it's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally miniscule amount, but there's not a ton of stats to nitpick over.

• Options
    GreyWolfyGreyWolfy Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I went with the ACC route on my Novus with the thought that it would let me replace CRIT with DET in certain slots.

Example:

Lets assume I'm at ACC 'cap' for whatever with these stats...
    Novus : CRIT +44/DET +31
    Neck: CRIT +19/ACC +13

Now if I change my Novus to include the ACC from that neck, I can use a different neck piece...
    Novus: CRIT +31/DET +31/ACC +13
    Neck: DET +9/SS +19

The tradeoff is 32 CRIT vs 9DET/19SS. I prefer the DET and SS since I hate the RNG that is CRIT. I went 44 ACC/23 DET/8 CRIT on my Novus because I'm too cheap/lazy to get T4 DET materia.

Edit: This is for WAR tho. If you follow the stat weights that are floating around, my build has less total weight. Like I said though, I don't like CRIT, and don't think it's as valuable as places like FFXIV Ariyala think it is.

GreyWolfy on
    FFXIV: Rexus Kalev - Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Delph, thanks for this. Can you explain a little more about how you determined accuracy was useful for you, and how much you decided to put in? I'd definitely like to see the inside of Coil (while it's still difficult) and none of my gear has accuracy on it besides the myth pieces. I think the thought process on accuracy should be equivalent across the board if I replace my equivalent best 2 stats with yours, right?

Basically Accuracy will always be a useful stat for DPS. There will always be a certain Accuracy number you need to hit to do the progression content (all content really but progression content is typically where it is hard to hit the cap sometimes)

Also traditionally your DPS weapon doesn't have accuracy on it so often you have to rely on your armor and accessories to hit that cap, this can be hard to do if you are unlucky in your drops, or if your purchasable gear is light on accuracy (as it often seems to be).

So in my case I wanted enough accuracy on my weapon to account for one piece of armor/accessory not having accuracy. In may case it worked out to I think 18 ACC on my Novus. This meant that I could take one piece of gear that I would normally need accuracy on and have that be Crit/Det instead and still be able to hit the accuracy numbers I need to. Considering I had shit luck initially with caster drop in SCoB this worked REALLY well for me and I was able to hit the caps I needed to. Once I started getting gear I was able to swap things around and upgrade my DPS without losing accuracy. It gave me more options to work with.

Eventually I reached the point where we downed T9 and I was able to replace my weapon altogether with the High Allagan and was able to almost be BiS (still need caster helm I think)

Going into TCoB I expect a similar situation, so I'll have an extra bit of ACC to work with in dealing with gear upgrades and drops. Focusing on getting my Nexus weapon will also have me primed for the next upgrade which will hopefully free me up to spend the new tomestones on armor/accessories instead of the weapon (if that's how it will work)

If I had not put accuracy on my weapon I would have not been able to hit the accuracy caps and I would have had much lower DPS in trying to either hit the cap, or just missing.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Also, here's a list of what accuracy you need for 100% hit for raid tier content.

Accuracy to cap is kind of a big deal. Missing proc chances, missing combos, etc can really add up over the course of an encounter.

And let's not talk about that time I went into Coil and couldn't figure out why my I couldn't hold threat for the life of me....
    "Hey, why are my combo skills not lighting up."
    "Ish..... what's your accuracy?"
    "Um...... heh, um, about that..."
    I was 100 short. Yes, one hundred. Somehow I had only like one item with Accuracy. Oopsie!

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular

This post on reddit on the accuracy caps for coil might also help, you can check what your accuracy is right now and what you want to do and adjust accordingly.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

I wasn't sure why until I looked around and noticed literally every other male miqote was white skin and pale hair.

Maybe they take the (|miqo'te|) (|Master|) (|race|) stuff veeeeery seriously on Tonberry

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Also, here's a list of what accuracy you need for 100% hit for raid tier content.

Accuracy to cap is kind of a big deal. Missing proc chances, missing combos, etc can really add up over the course of an encounter.

And let's not talk about that time I went into Coil and couldn't figure out why my I couldn't hold threat for the life of me....
    "Hey, why are my combo skills not lighting up."
    "Ish..... what's your accuracy?"
    "Um...... heh, um, about that..."
    I was 100 short. Yes, one hundred. Somehow I had only like one item with Accuracy. Oopsie!

Yeah, that's the thing; right now I'm at 389 accuracy; a lot of my Evenstar pieces don't have it. I think accounting for one item in accuracy is a great way to go. I'm lucky that BLM needs the least amount of accuracy, but I still fall way below the cap. I need to think about what soldiery pieces to start buying, but it looks like I'll put 11 accuracy on my weapon, just to knock out the T4 materia requirement for my sphere scroll. Can you put 2 "main" secondary stats on your Novus? E.g. Is 33 SS, 31 CRIT, 11 ACC an option? If not, I'll probably end up doing 33 SS, 31 DET, 11 ACC, because I'm also not a very big RNG fan.

edit - I'm also finding myself in more and more groups without a scholar; 2 WHM in certain runs, 1 WHM in 4 mans (not that it matters), etc. The magic piety number to sneak in an extra Fire after Thunder 2 for BLM is 251 and I'm sitting at 242 (and obviously there's no PIE gear for BLM). Is 33 SS, 22 DET, 11 ACC, 9 PIE an option? This lets me choose from a lot of different foods I'd normally not be able to, since only 3 foods have piety (none of which have accuracy too).

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Accuracy outside of Coil is pretty useless. 100% hit in ST, 4 man dungeons, and HM primal with 386 accuracy. For ex primal you need a bit more to get 400.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Accuracy outside of Coil is pretty useless. 100% hit in ST, 4 man dungeons, and HM primal with 386 accuracy. For ex primal you need a bit more to get 400.

You need a good weapon (and high enough accuracy) to be good in coil though, and that's one of the places I want to be. I do ST once a week, am doing fine in my occasional Primal EX fights, but I'm really trying to gear for coil. Sounds like the net benefit of a few points into accuracy in coil outweighs the drawbacks of a few less points in other things outside.

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Delzhand wrote: »

Maybe they take the (|miqo'te|) (|Master|) (|race|) stuff veeeeery seriously on Tonberry

There are a lot of really stylish people here.

Also a fuckton of Lightning hair.

Although I did see the tiniest lallafel Lightning. It was awesome.
    She was crafting so occasionally she would fist pump "Yeah!"
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'm at work so I don't have access to my screenshots, but my character model draws that same kind of attention sometimes. I'm one of the only black Roegadyn I've seen. Also, props on having one of the only male Miqo'te that I think looks totally awesome.

I basically made my character based on the feel of the cat at work. Cos he looks awesome even though he's actually a complete dork of a cat. But when he's just sitting there he looks like the classical black cat.

I think most people try to make a cat human, basically. Just themselves or what they want to look like or the kind of human they want to look like with cat ears. I wanted a proper male cat feel. What would a humanoid male black cat actually look like, that was my goal.

I've got two goals for him. Black Mage (stand in shadow and you wont even see me). And dragoon. Because dragoons look fucking awesome. And I can pounce on everything.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    More FFXIV Tyrone goodness...

http://youtu.be/VWVdY5IYa2s

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    If I sound like I'm totally gushing about our work cat.

wwj3j5mgy6by.jpg
    qnib8bbi8bss.jpg

I have good reason.

<3

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Woo, Mandragora choker rewards from the video contest have arrived!

Also the house behind me is mine, from the roof of my friend's, I'm working on filling the lawn with all the glowing things...
    D7trkCE.png

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    TeaTea FFXIV: Tea L'euphorie Registered User regular
    People rolling ninja be like:

http://youtu.be/YQTn1QxCZ2s

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    TNTrooper wrote: »

You need a good weapon (and high enough accuracy) to be good in coil though, and that's one of the places I want to be. I do ST once a week, am doing fine in my occasional Primal EX fights, but I'm really trying to gear for coil. Sounds like the net benefit of a few points into accuracy in coil outweighs the drawbacks of a few less points in other things outside.

A full set of weathered gear + an unweathered ring will put you over accuracy for turns 1-5, a bit over cap for turns 6-7, and right at cap for turns 8-9. Outside of coil your gear is poorly optimized cause that 130 points in accuracy is doing absolutely nothing. This isn't even factoring the set from ST which has so much accuracy you can stand with the tank and swat the boss in turn 9 with your staff.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.