Options

Chrono [Chat]ter!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i think the surface pro commercial should use the 'honda fit nick thune' commercial archetype

that is 'can it do this? yes it can do that' 'can it do this? yes it can do that'

also use more nick thune because he is great

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Those pics remind me of how early bananas had seeds. Saw some pics of seeds within bananas and it was horrifying.

That's why God removed the seeds.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Those pics remind me of how early bananas had seeds. Saw some pics of seeds within bananas and it was horrifying.

It could be the case that soon bananas will all have seeds again. Seedless bananas are all genetic clones of each other and so are very susceptible to being wiped out by disease. That may already be happening

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I am foruming on my Surface Pro 3 right now!

It is probably the most convenient device I have ever owned.

I also get hells of mileage out of the pressure sensitive pen, though.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I mean the surface pro 3 is a great device! I recommend it to people all the time.

That commercial would have been just as good if they put some snappy music in the background and walked through all the neat stuff it does.

As it stands if I glanced at a muted TV running that ad, I would see the apple laptop on screen for more of the commercial.

I'm a fan of any photoshop based advertising. I'm looking for a graphic design laptop and I guess that just means I need to grab something that is on the "gaming" side of the spectrum? It's generally confusing. I don't want some bleeding edge hyper machine, just something that can run illustrator.

Both Blameless Cleric and I do various kinds of digital art and run big mean looking programs to do it, and I've found sticking to "will it run DA:I on max settings?" gets me a far better answer for the hardware I really want than trying to explain what I need to do with Photoshop.

So, in my experience, yes...go gamer.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh‌
    Sports and superstition go hand-in-hand but when that superstition starts costing real people actual dollars than perhaps its time to pump the brakes on the crazy. That’s the sitch with San Francisco Radio stations 96.5 KOIT and KFOG Radio, who have put a temporary ban of Lorde smash single Royals.

Yep, there’ll be fewer royalties from Royals coming Lorde’s way while local baseball team The San Francisco Giants compete in the World Series against the Kansas City Royals. What’s the connection? KMBC reports it because Royals is inspired by retired Kansas City Royals third baseman George Brett.

That’s right. KFOG Radio and 96.5 KOIT have pulled Royals from rotation, until the end of the World Series, not wanting to give Kanas City any kind of psychological advantage over their hometown heroes. It’s an out-there move with, probably, no supporting evidence to back it up. But, hey, this is sports, not science.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Sitting in a Berlin beer hall, knocking back beers and schnitzel. It is a good day

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    "the masses who use apple"
    huehuheuhuehue

in the high end computer space it is absolutely true.

People spending north of a thousand bucks on a computer have something north of 80% of all sales towards Apple.

And this is the space the surface is competing in.

Even the low end space for Apple pushes a $1000 price point, where if you get over a grand for a PC you're looking at a corporate or gaming machine.

• Options

It could be the case that soon bananas will all have seeds again. Seedless bananas are all genetic clones of each other and so are very susceptible to being wiped out by disease. That may already be happening

I feel like it wouldn't be necessarily that hard to construct a new strain of seedless bananas if the current ones went extinct. Granted, they probably won't taste exactly the same.

Aren't most fruits grafts already anyway?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Been a few years but I am rooting for the AL team this year.

Go Royals!

Mostly because I am sick of San Fran.

Cards and them swapping every other year isn't exciting.

Especially this year when they knocked out my Cards.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGZUCwbLk9w

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    huehuheuhuehue

People spending north of a thousand bucks on a computer have something north of 80% of all sales towards Apple.

Even the low end space for Apple pushes a $1000 price point, where if you get over a grand for a PC you're looking at a corporate or gaming machine.

For laptops I don't think there is as much difference between them at the low end. At the high end a fully tricked out mac is still a big price jump over a comparable alienware or some such though.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    SuGzlk0.jpg

Best argument for Monarchy.

• Options
    With an iPhone and a Macbook, I think I'm on Team Apple.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    On the last Avengers, there’s this scene where there’s this ‘A’ which is probably 30 feet tall and I’m looking at it, and we’re shooting in England, and I go, ‘I need that in my office in Venice [California].’

About two weeks ago, a wheeler showed up, I’m like, ‘What the heck is this doing here?!’ And they go, ‘This is the ‘A’ you asked for.’ And I go, ‘They brought it?!’ So now we have a massive Avengers ‘A’ that will be prominently placed.

How RDJ got the giant A from the Avengers.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

I have a Surface Pro 2, and it works like a fuckin' charm. Would also recommend Surface devicesss

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

How is it for drawing and painting? Any cursor lag/edge problems/palm detection issues/stupid buttons you accidentally hit?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    huehuheuhuehue

Right, apple sells almost none of their Mac Minis or entry level MacBook Airs. Even a single upgrade to the macbook air puts it over 1000 bucks.

but if you are releasing a computer over that price (like Microsoft is with the Surface line), you are going into Apple's territory, especially in America. Apple dominates the high end market.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    huehuheuhuehue

For laptops I don't think there is as much difference between them at the low end. At the high end a fully tricked out mac is still a big price jump over a comparable alienware or some such though.

We bought a Windows 8 Toshiba laptop for my mother in law's Christmas present.

It was $99, and will do pretty much anything but gaming.

I can't buy an iPod Nano for a hundred bucks.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    There's a reason companies use mobile cards and not the full powered ones alienware uses in notebooks

video cards are giant power hogs

I imagine the Alienware notebooks getting like an hour of battery life if you play games on the damn things

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    i thought apple had a crap desktop/laptop marketshare like sub 10%

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The Surface Pro 3 is the best windows 8.1 computer you can buy, full stop.

Good construction, smart design, and the right interface to match the software UX.

I feel like releasing Windows 8 on anything but tablet devices was a misstep for Microsoft. It works so well on them and so poorly on KB+M desktops.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    why is everyone changing avatars

i dont like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYihhSS9kic

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    guys

halp

how do i babby

• Options
    There's a reason companies use mobile cards and not the full powered ones alienware uses in notebooks

I imagine the Alienware notebooks getting like an hour of battery life if you play games on the damn things

I always considered the batteries on Alienware laptops to be more of an afterthought. Everyone I've known basically uses it as a desktop that's portable - dock to dock - instead of a true 'on the go' machine.

• Options

12-13% currently.

The thing is, that 12-13% represents 80-90% of all computers purchased that cost over a grand.

Apple will never ever crawl beyond 15-20% of the desktop/laptop market because they will never be in a position to sell pallets of desktop computers at 200 bucks a pop to hospitals and universities.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

How is it for drawing and painting? Any cursor lag/edge problems/palm detection issues/stupid buttons you accidentally hit?

None of those things, though when using One Note the pen sometimes stop working for no reason which can be annoying. I've never had that happen with Photoshop or Manga Studio, though.

It's the best digital painting device I've ever owned, I like it even better than my Intuos. Haven't tried getting one of the Wacom pens for it over the one that comes with it standard, not sure if that's an upgrade or not.

Oh, but you can't flip the pen upside down to erase, which is lame. However you can press the eraser button in to immediately bring up OneNote, which is neat.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2014
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh‌
    Sports and superstition go hand-in-hand but when that superstition starts costing real people actual dollars than perhaps its time to pump the brakes on the crazy. That’s the sitch with San Francisco Radio stations 96.5 KOIT and KFOG Radio, who have put a temporary ban of Lorde smash single Royals.

Yep, there’ll be fewer royalties from Royals coming Lorde’s way while local baseball team The San Francisco Giants compete in the World Series against the Kansas City Royals. What’s the connection? KMBC reports it because Royals is inspired by retired Kansas City Royals third baseman George Brett.

That’s right. KFOG Radio and 96.5 KOIT have pulled Royals from rotation, until the end of the World Series, not wanting to give Kanas City any kind of psychological advantage over their hometown heroes. It’s an out-there move with, probably, no supporting evidence to back it up. But, hey, this is sports, not science.

i love this kind of shit.

also, holy crap, the Royals are in the world series. Maybe the Astros will get another shot at it in 20 years or so.

Dynagrip on
  • Options

more like 2 hours but yeah

my wife and I have alienware laptops that have both an intel integrated chip like most laptops and a video card. When you want to conserve power you can disable the card.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    guys

halp

how do i babby

Get rid of babby

Acquire MTG cards.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Alright, class got out a little early.

Should I run errands, or take a quick nap?
    Got to be ready for a thingy at 6, and still have to get my hair did, do laundry, and take care of some other stuff.

On the other hand, am really tired and if I take a nap after I get my hair done, that will be a waste.

• Options

Across all computers sold yes but that includes enterprise. If you look more specifically there are some markets that apple dominates.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    guys

halp

how do i babby

Ms. Lucy had a baby,
    She named it Tiny Tim,
    She put in the bathtub,
    To see if he could swim.

He drank up all the water,
    He ate up all the soap,
    He tried to eat the bathtub,
    It wouldn't go down his throat.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i know a guy who had an alienware laptop and it was mobile in the sense of "you can plug it in different outlets and also use it without an outlet entirely, although very briefly"

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Alright, class got out a little early.

Should I run errands, or take a quick nap?
    Got to be ready for a thingy at 6, and still have to get my hair did, do laundry, and take care of some other stuff.

On the other hand, am really tired and if I take a nap after I get my hair done, that will be a waste.

Coffee then errands?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    guys

halp

how do i babby

for the first ~6 months you keep it clean and fed and wait for it to get interesting rather than just cute

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    that 13% is in the u.s only
    it's like 6-7% globally from what i can find

and if you want to talk about apple products being high end i'm just going to be sad

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    btw: I said Alienware first rather than a Surface Pro 3 because a surface has an integrated video chip rather than a good card like an alienware. My wife and I both have 14" alienware laptops that are about 3 years old now and work great.

Alienware might be a tough purchase because of their perception as gaming machines and neon lights. Also aren't they just Dell by another name?

I checked out Samsung's offerings and they look like they fell out of a butt. Slow, expensive, and I couldn't even find basic specs on their stupid website.

Surface 3 has nowhere near the power or size I need.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Also when you hold the pen close to the screen a cursor shows up, which is rad.

Winky on
  • Options
    guys

halp

how do i babby

*Reaches for the diaper fetish website*

This discussion has been closed.