Options

[Destiny] Time to eat, Guardians! Free Gjallarhorn in every Kids Meal!

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

EDIT: Ghosted! No way I could have been faster than Raylan Givens :wink:

::tosses bullet at you:: Next one's comin' faster.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    So last week's engrambling gave me an Armamentarium with 15 more discipline than the one sold in the store.
    I've got that one fully leveled up now, and it has 131 Discipline (the amount of Discipline the Armamentarium that is sold now, unupgraded).
    I think that if you don't have an Armamentarium (or a Titan yet), this is an excellent buy!

Random gloves gave me No Backup Plans (luckily no Sunbreakers)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'd pick up the gloves but I'm afraid I couldn't handle getting another pair of sunbreakers. Maybe I'll just buy a legendary towel from the Speaker instead.

Armamentarium is so good, I can't see myself using anything else on my Titan. Kind of leaves Hunters out in the cold as the only class that can't get two grenades. Poor guys.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    I'd pick up the gloves but I'm afraid I couldn't handle getting another pair of sunbreakers. Maybe I'll just buy a legendary towel from the Speaker instead.

Armamentarium is so good, I can't see myself using anything else on my Titan. Kind of leaves Hunters out in the cold as the only class that can't get two grenades. Poor guys.

Go check my rant a few pages back. That is mercy from the devs, not punishment.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Loot Cave 10.0 (I'm guessing we've got that far by now?), actually works really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3C_yGFP718

Takes a little while to get used to the spawns, but I managed to solo it for a good 15 minutes and got a Legendary Chest engram.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I'd murder a dude for a nice warlock exotic that isn't strength based

/broken record.

Suros is a quality gun, though.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Armamentarium again, just as the Gospel of Suppression According to Hiryu is getting out? Should make things interesting in the Crucible.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Just finished leveling my first blade dancer to level 20 and took it for a spin in crucible, arc blade is just hilariously OP compared to the other supers - zing zing zing zing -> half the map is cleared of enemies.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Just finished leveling my first blade dancer to level 20 and took it for a spin in crucible, arc blade is just hilariously OP compared to the other supers - zing zing zing zing -> half the map is cleared of enemies.

There's a reason everybody hates Hunters in the Crucible. Their supers are leagues above everyone else's.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Thank you, New Monarchy, for giving me a Vanquisher VII as a reward for reaching Rank 3.
    It's my first purple auto rifle, and it has Field Scout :biggrin: , I'm curious how big a boost that will be...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I actually got what I wanted from Xur's engramble (Sunbreakers).

Now I just need a metric fuckton of shards to upgrade that and my Hezen chest.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Unless you run headlong into a blade dancer or are in tight quarters with one, it's easy enough to take one down. Acquire the target in mid-range and unload your primary weapon into him while you are backpedaling, then switch to your shotgun or fusion rifle once he's danced in close for the finish.

Golden gun is even easier to counter. Just move and hide.

Hunter supers make a loud sound when used, which gives their position away in close quarters. Plus, neither hunter super is usable in an "oh, shit" moment like the other supers are. My supers are being rejected more frequently now. I'm having to activate them further away from enemies, which limits the time I can launch attacks. The only times I've been able to use my fourth golden bullet lately is when I've missed a target that is frantically dodging my glowing character.

Add in the lack of super shields, the lackluster grenades, and no one hit melee attacks and I tend to rely solely on guns for crucible kills outside of very niche situations.

Good thing hunters look the coolest.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Unless you run headlong into a blade dancer or are in tight quarters with one, it's easy enough to take one down. Acquire the target in mid-range and unload your primary weapon into him while you are backpedaling, then switch to your shotgun or fusion rifle once he's danced in close for the finish.

Hunter supers make a loud sound when used, which gives their position away in close quarters. Plus, neither hunter super is usable in an "oh, shit" moment like the other supers are. My supers are being rejected more frequently now. I'm having to activate them further away from enemies, which limits the time I can launch attacks. The only times I've been able to use my fourth golden bullet lately is when I've missed a target that is frantically dodging my glowing character.

Add in the lack of super shields, the lackluster grenades, and no one hit melee attacks and I tend to rely solely on guns for crucible kills outside of very niche situations.

R1 (PS4) can cover more distance than any character. When the super is active for infinite more time than the others, it's kinda OP. I agree that it isn't as much a panic button as the other supers.

And I honestly wouldn't say the arc bolt grenade is lackluster. As far as I know none of the other characters have a one hit KO either,

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I have gotten pretty good with my hunter's two-hit combo, which is one shot from my hand cannon and then a precise throwing knife. It helps that I have the throwing knife reset :snap:

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Holy shit, I actually got what I wanted from Xur's engramble (Sunbreakers).

Now I just need a metric fuckton of shards to upgrade that and my Hezen chest.

Same here! Now I got a legendary for each slot to swap depending on the situation.

Now I just need some raid boots! (praise RNGesus). Oh and if Bungie can go ahead and release legendary boots that would be great too.

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options

All good solutions, except for the length of time the super stays active. Here's a good video discussing it. Basically, you can pop your super and then look for targets. Whereas other classes, once the super is used up, it's used up. Didn't kill anything? Tough luck.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Team Motorboat Kitten:
    (@jefe414 @erevar @morgan_coke @arteen @skippymchaggis @arteen's sister)

We interested in trying tonight at 8PM EST?

Yeah, I'm cool, my 29 Titan wants to punch things and get a second piece of raid gear.

Motorboat Kitten is victorious! We actually had more trouble with the starting area than Aetheon this time around.

One day I'll get some raid armor...

Second the victoriousness of Motorboat Kitten. Zero wipes on the Templar, quick work on Atheon both phases, but the entry door and the jump puzzle just murdered the #(&$ out of us.

Some random level 28 dude swung in and started helping out at the entry gate. I love when that shit happens and I try to reciprocate whenever I'm in the area.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Xur is the definition of disappointment.

I'm beginning to feel he has a very small cache to pull from instead of being entirely random. It'd be kind of nice if the exotic engram slot could also be for weapons.

Or I'm just over the point of needing that stuff and I'm to blame for my own disappointment since all I'm really hoping for in this game is The Last Word. Yeah, probably me.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Crayon wrote: »

I'm beginning to feel he has a very small cache to pull from instead of being entirely random. It'd be kind of nice if the exotic engram slot could also be for weapons.

Or I'm just over the point of needing that stuff and I'm to blame for my own disappointment since all I'm really hoping for in this game is The Last Word. Yeah, probably me.

Lets not suck on Saturday night and get that arc pistol from hard mode vault. It's apparently the best thing since sliced bread.

Edit: Also, Xur does have a very limited pool of items. He gives only exotics. He gives 1 item per class. He gives 1 weapon. So the odds of you getting what you want for your class / weapon is fairly low.

Celian on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Celian wrote: »

All good solutions, except for the length of time the super stays active. Here's a good video discussing it. Basically, you can pop your super and then look for targets. Whereas other classes, once the super is used up, it's used up. Didn't kill anything? Tough luck.

Whelp, as long as they reduce the length of time for the sunsinger's ability to casually throw all of the grenades with zero urgency while buffing all their nearby teammates and spamming their 10 foot range melee that gives them barriers and whatnot I suppose that's okay. That ability lasts ~12 seconds, mind you.

His argument that "Hunters dominate PVP because of their supers" is a weak one, especially when you take into account that hunters fill in the same archetype as rogues, and therefore naturally appeal to players who are good at PVP and PVP a lot. A player that kills lots of people gets more supers is able to use more supers and vicious cycle of murder.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Tempted to gamble on the arms to try and get my hunter the spine, although it would really only be for the looks factor, as it's a kind of lackluster use of the single exotic, considering the helmet options.

elijahdprophet on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I think im going to skip Suros Regime a second time. I have no shortage of secondary weapon exotics, and the only primary exotic I want is the Last Word.

Plus, my lock is nearing 20 and he has no exotics or legendaries waiting in the bank. Mainly because I sharded like 3 or 4 lock exotics on my titan when I thought I was never going to play a lock...

Edit: So I guess it's the Voidfang Vestments for me this week.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I have Suros and I almost never use it due to the fact that I'm loaded with secondary exotics. Vision of Confluence and Shadow Price cover the primary slot nicely.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

Lets not suck on Saturday night and get that arc pistol from hard mode vault. It's apparently the best thing since sliced bread.

Edit: Also, Xur does have a very limited pool of items. He gives only exotics. He gives 1 item per class. He gives 1 weapon. So the odds of you getting what you want for your class / weapon is fairly low.

But it doesn't have the same animation as shooting The Last Word! I need to be Roland here!

Yeah, I meant that I think his pool is even smaller than just exotics, I have a feeling that some exotics aren't even on his table.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Xur has Suros Regime again. I really like that gun, but I'm wondering if I need it if I have both Hard Light and Atheon's Epilogue.

Thoughts? Could definitely use some advice on this one.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

Whelp, as long as they reduce the length of time for the sunsinger's ability to casually throw all of the grenades with zero urgency while buffing all their nearby teammates and spamming their 10 foot range melee that gives them barriers and whatnot I suppose that's okay. That ability lasts ~12 seconds, mind you.

His argument that "Hunters dominate PVP because of their supers" is a weak one, especially when you take into account that hunters fill in the same archetype as rogues, and therefore naturally appeal to players who are good at PVP and PVP a lot. A player that kills lots of people gets more supers is able to use more supers and vicious cycle of murder.

About as weak an argument as supposing why people picked Hunter over the other classes. He also checked the medals with Way of the Gun and such and brought other points to the table. Regardless, everybody gets defensive about their class so arguing about balance is usually as productive as arguing which console is best! So in the end, I don't really care. There's no rank or ladder to climb on the Crucible so a slight imbalance is of no real concern. It just makes me hate Hunters and their damn cloaks!

• Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    Xur has Suros Regime again. I really like that gun, but I'm wondering if I need it if I have both Hard Light and Atheon's Epilogue.

I personally think the suros is a king for PvP. The damage per shot is just very high for an auto-rifle.

"Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    Witchdr wrote: »

I personally think the suros is a king for PvP. The damage per shot is just very high for an auto-rifle.

You also get 10 Grimoire Points for getting it. So hey... it's something.

• Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    Suros might get me this week, although I got the Epilogue last week in the raid, and the Vision of Confluence last night, so I like my primary options at the moment. It IS a PVP beast though, and I have the coins...

• Options
    edited October 2014

Even if his statistics reflect reality, he left out grenade and melee kills. Those have to be factored into class balance as well.

I'd expect Bungie to have all kinds of data collected, so it would be nice to see how it all stacks up. I doubt we ever will, but it would be nice.

For me, it's 6604 total kills, 1078 super kills, 31 Way of the gun medals, 49 gutted metals (240 triple super kills), 487 melee kills, 370 grenade kills. All of that is at a 1.07 K/D and a combat rating (whatever that is of 110.87. 3.6% of my total kills and 12.4% of my ability kills involve 3 or more kills with a single super use

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I have Suros and I almost never use it due to the fact that I'm loaded with secondary exotics. Vision of Confluence and Shadow Price cover the primary slot nicely.

I assume VoC is PVE and Shadow Price for PVP?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    I went ahead and picked up Suros from Xur this morning. Already have Atheon's and The Last Word to cover my primary needs, but I figure Suros can be my go to Crucible weapon. Also got the engram, got some Titan arms I'll throw in the vault for my alt whenver i decide to lever him.

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    Is there a good way to farm motes aside from engram farming? I want to engramble again, but I'm hurting on motes.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Is there a good way to farm motes aside from engram farming? I want to engramble again, but I'm hurting on motes.

Level up a lot, really fast. So doing a lot of bounties and making sure you get your Weekly Nightfall 10% xp bonus.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

I think Suros is a much better PvP weapon than HL or AE. I've been trying to level some of my raid weapons over the past few days and haven't been using it in the Crucible, and my K/D has definitely suffered a bit. It truly is the best dps for PvP, I think, since it's slower-and-accurate but still fast enough to lay into people's faces. It was great in the Iron Banner. My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't feel like a fancy exotic and I always feel like I should be trying to use my Thunderlord or something, which absolutely shreds people like paper. The auto nerf doesn't feel like it has really reduced the effectiveness of the Suros in PvP.

In PvE, there are plenty other options that are more situationally appropriate. I run with AEpilogue in the Vault for Minotaurs and Praetorians (which does feel quite a bit weaker after the auto nerf but is still useful), and once we get to the Confluxes, I switch to a Vision of Confluence/purple sniper combo, which I feel is much better for the precision required to take out Hobgoblins and the many swarming mobs pouring out of the... cloudy tunnels. Darkness Doors™. Whatever. The Suros was pretty good for that, too, but I feel the VoC (with its full auto) does just as good of a job poking glowing robo-bellies, and then you can have an exotic equipped, too (whether Ice Breaker, which is super popular for that room, or something else, like my Thundahlord).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you plan on playing a lot of PvP, I'd probably pick up a Suros. But get some other opinions. I'd ask the godfather of Suros, @BillyIdle, to chime in. He had one before it was cool and renounced it once Santa Xur started selling it, so if he's back to using it, that'd be a strong endorsement.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I think im going to skip Suros Regime a second time. I have no shortage of secondary weapon exotics, and the only primary exotic I want is the Last Word.

Plus, my lock is nearing 20 and he has no exotics or legendaries waiting in the bank. Mainly because I sharded like 3 or 4 lock exotics on my titan when I thought I was never going to play a lock...

Edit: So I guess it's the Voidfang Vestments for me this week.

Gotta catch 'em all, man.

At this point, if it's an exotic that I don't already have, I'm going to get it.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    What are the secondary stats on the Hunter chest? If it has +Strength I'll probably pass.

I shoulda picked up the Knucklehead Radar when I had the chance.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

About as weak an argument as supposing why people picked Hunter over the other classes. He also checked the medals with Way of the Gun and such and brought other points to the table. Regardless, everybody gets defensive about their class so arguing about balance is usually as productive as arguing which console is best! So in the end, I don't really care. There's no rank or ladder to climb on the Crucible so a slight imbalance is of no real concern. It just makes me hate Hunters and their damn cloaks!

I didn't mention his "stats" because of the unknown sample size ("a lot of my clan mates" does not a credible statement make imo) and conjectural nature of them. If you want to extend that level of credulity to a youtube person's commentary, by all means. <3

edit: and I'm not being defensive about my class or w/e, it's a pet peeve of mine to see people parrot videos like these.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Im going to buy two Suros.

One to upgrade for pve.

And one to leave vanilla for pvp (cause I love the rof on that thing pre upgrade)

• Options
    I lost my bet with Xur and got titan gloves.