As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Look Out, Scooby! There are G-G-G-Ghosts in the Halloween Thread!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was watching the Tested.com video of Adam Savage showing his proton pack. I am kinda shocked that I constructed a higher quality and more accurate prop than he did. It is a weird feeling.

Someone linked that to me, and I couldn't help but notice how many things were off about the uniform, because I've just spent awhile putting my own together.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure wearing the proton pack that low on his back would literally murder him after any extended period of time.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I was watching the Tested.com video of Adam Savage showing his proton pack. I am kinda shocked that I constructed a higher quality and more accurate prop than he did. It is a weird feeling.

Someone linked that to me, and I couldn't help but notice how many things were off about the uniform, because I've just spent awhile putting my own together.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure wearing the proton pack that low on his back would literally murder him after any extended period of time.

Yes it would. You would seriously damage your back.

I just kinda can't belive it unless he threw it together in one night. The rest of the stuff he makes is amazing and he basically does it for a living so I still can't believe a shrub like me did a better job.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Well he also called the neutrona wand a "Slimer gun" and was wearing the shoulder patch on his chest and the elbow pads on his knees so I get the feeling he's not as big of a fan as he is of Aliens or Blade Runner.

The thrower had some good light work on it though!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Last minute costume prep

Everything is done but some last-minute Mjolnir painting

AAaaaaaaaa

(I would take pictures but I need my Loki-ta friend to squire me and attach half the things. Gonna have to wait to show off until tomorrow!)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    GuyMcManGuyMcMan Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I torched my previous projection show videos by accident just after putting them up. Fixed now, here are the new links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zzUBGkVGDM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G43Qlumw2Gg&feature=youtu.be

We've had a ton of visitors coming to watch this month, I think partially because I made a Facebook page to advertise.

Right now I'm using a radio transmitter, but tomorrow I'm looking forward to running my old surround sound speaker set cranked up high.

We're going to give out full size candy bars. It's expensive but it would be cool to be "that house" once in my life. ;)

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Marathoning the Treehouses of Horror. I am now deep in the low quality chunk that is depressingly becoming the bulk of these marathons.

Always end it with the newest one, so there's always that hope!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Marathoning the Treehouses of Horror. I am now deep in the low quality chunk that is depressingly becoming the bulk of these marathons.

Always end it with the newest one, so there's always that hope!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    http://www.avclub.com/article/if-you-were-horror-movie-villain-what-would-be-you-211014
    Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees both hide behind blank, unforgiving masks and have hang-ups about sex. Freddy Krueger has an endless supply of puns and ideas for ironic punishments. And if someone were to make a horror movie starring me, I think it would be called Deadpan, and I would dispatch my victims with withering rejoinders that would fill them with doubt; despondent, they would then throw themselves into the nearest sea. (“He knows what you’ve done and is, frankly, ambivalent about it!” the posters would scream.)

I love Sean O'Neal

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So Halloween related,

My second nephew may be born today.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    boo

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    My costume
    IMG_20141031_080945879_HDR1_zpsumndottd.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out ^_^

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So hey Halloween thread......has anybody noticed that Neville hasn't posted in almost 4 months?

Is...are we still doing satans? Cuz that's like my favorite part of the holiday season, tbh.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    So my nephew, Rory Flint, was born this morning at 6 am!

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    There's an incredible Star-Lord dancing around the office, playing that song from the first scene of the movie. His mask lights up, he has the gun and the orb. He actually stopped to hand me the orb but then psyched it away.

Also spotted a Little Mac, a Ness and a Pikmin.

I was gonna do Lorde from South Park (easy and topical, right?) but then I had to deal with a pretty bad toothache for most of the week which sapped my motivation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    To work I will be wearing my Hufflepuff robes, scarf, and tie. I will bring my Cedric Diggory wand.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The magnet strap did not work at all.

They couldn't even lift an edge of the shield :/

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    tumblr_neb4vigYxz1rk3uipo1_500.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular

a fine name

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My niece is going to be a pirate tonight. She's gonna be arrrrdorable.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have opted for the work from home option today, and am now binging on Halloween appropriate films

If anyone else is around and wants to get in on this business with me, I can curate some stuff off Netflix for y'all and we can do a group watch along

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Soon.

Soon it shall be discount candy week.

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »

a fine name

My brother said they totally didn't name him solely because of Doctor Who. I pushed him on it and he admits that it didn't hurt.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey so I'm hosting a halloween party tonight for my derby league and I need help with music

I was thinking of just streaming a halloween playlist?

Spotify just started working in Canada a month ago so that could work but I've never used it and I don't really wanna pay a monthly fee. Is it ok with the free version?

Anyone have links to any good halloween playlists?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    #pipe wrote: »
    Hey so I'm hosting a halloween party tonight for my derby league and I need help with music

Spotify just started working in Canada a month ago so that could work but I've never used it and I don't really wanna pay a monthly fee. Is it ok with the free version?

I think this was mentioned previously.

Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    I Want a New Drug
    Ghostbusters

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Be vewy vewy quiet... I'm hunting wabbits.

Jeez, I hope that works. It's been forever x 2 since I've used flickr

chromdom on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm a train engineer!
    IMG_20141031_0954475_zps10b2b695.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    I Want a New Drug
    Ghostbusters

Any Halloween list without Thriller is an automatic fail.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    I Want a New Drug
    Ghostbusters

it was mentioned

by ME
    Ghostbusters theme five times in a row then I Want a New Drug, just to confuse people

also Monster Mash

• Options
    Here's my wife at work right now:

0HctsJM.jpg

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    if spotify works the same as it does in the US, the free version should be just fine for you. It just means you can't use spotify mobile and you'll have some intermittent ads

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I have to work at Starbucks today so my outfit still has to follow local healthcodes for hair and aprons and stuff. So I decided to go as a ramen chef so I can yell irrashaimase at customers as they come in the door.

After work I am going to a friends and we are going to turn off the lights and gather around while people take turns playing scary games, as it looks like rain tonight will prevent anything too out of doors.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Ok leaving work early to avoid the mass of people flowing into the city tonight.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I have to work at Starbucks today so my outfit still has to follow local healthcodes for hair and aprons and stuff. So I decided to go as a ramen chef so I can yell irrashaimase at customers as they come in the door.

After work I am going to a friends and we are going to turn off the lights and gather around while people take turns playing scary games, as it looks like rain tonight will prevent anything too out of doors.

Do you have a folded towel tied to your head??

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    This train is so crowded!

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    If you really want something to add to a Ghostbusters playlist, there's always this fantastic jam (it really gets going about 30 seconds in). My favorite part:

Ghost ride, ghost ride
    Get out the way let Casper drive
    Ghost ride, go crazy
    Who's that drivin', Patrick Swayze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvlGVNInw4

• Options
    edited October 2014

Do you have a folded towel tied to your head??

Hah not quite let me grab a picture.
    mA0Psiz.jpg

For reference:
    ramen-champion-chefs-3.jpg

Edit: The scarf was a goodbye present from one of the teachers that I taught with in Japan and the shirt is from the port city of Kesenuma that was devastated in the earthquake of 2011, which I visited and bought that shirt that reads "I'll do my best, Kesenuma will do its best." More or less.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Inquisitor why didn't you ever tell us you were Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia this whole time?

sig.gif
  • Options
    That is like the third different celebrity I have been told I look like!

Also probably because I have never seen it's always sunny.

• Options
    That is like the third different celebrity I have been told I look like!

Also probably because I have never seen it's always sunny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWoel1H7qUY

sig.gif