As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] and such.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is everything DC does an event now?
    It seems like forever since they just let some books truck along and do their own thing

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I wonder if they invented Professor X's big blocky hoverchair just to make him easier to draw.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    If they are making all these fake teaser covers they should just make one with Darth Vader fighting Magneto or something.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is everything DC does an event now?
    It seems like forever since they just let some books truck along and do their own thing

They've basically gone straight from Trinity War to Forever Evil to Futures End (which is still ongoing). And now we've got Convergence starting up when THAT ends. It's exhausting and I don't even read any of that.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I wonder if they invented Professor X's big blocky hoverchair just to make him easier to draw.

Jim Lee doesn't usually seem to care about making his designs easy to draw

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    If they are making all these fake teaser covers they should just make one with Darth Vader fighting Magneto or something.

They aren't fake.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    they're not fake, they're for secret wars that will in some way incorporate all these universes. we just don't know how

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    man, that has got to feel good to see

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSC8Qle6nA

4:30 in. Though I think for Falcon its much cooler.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    seriously though that tweet should be printed and framed and put on a wall at Marvel Studios with the caption "Why Representation Matters"

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    Executive producer Danny Cannon revealed at Comikaze that the writers are in the midst of working on an episode that will introduce a young Scarecrow: "We're breaking the story now, the villain will be seen as a child, before he takes on the Scarecrow moniker. In fact, it's something that will be passed on to him from his father, which will create an eventual enemy for Batman while still having an adversary for Jim Gordon."

• Options
    Why don't they just get on with it and introduce ALL the villains, but make it so that their parents were also those villains?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ahahahahaha

FEAR ME BATMAN, FOR I AM SCARECROW JR.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Man I feel like Scarecrow is one of the ones they could get away with being older

It's like they're doing everything backwards!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Jim Lee doesn't usually seem to care about making his designs easy to draw

While this is true I can't really think of a better reason for the bottom half of his body and wheelchair to be replaced with a nearly featureless gold block

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha

FEAR ME BATMAN, FOR I AM SCARECROW JR.

You may remember my father, Hay Bale and my mother, Goodwill Flannelshirt.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'd imagine they designed a floating chair so they wouldn't have to animate the wheels anytime it moved? And then needed an excuse as to why it was floating, which became giant yellow sci-fi blocky, thing?

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    So another round of Marvel teasers means this has to be some sort of Secret Wars weekly, right

There's no way they give each of these their own mini/one-shot at this point since we're going on 4 weeks now and I doubt they'd make all of these teasers just to go THESE WILL BE IN SECRET WARS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Also where's my 1602 teaser Marvel

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Found a good-sized copy of the Convergence promo-art. Putting it in the box since Brainiac's got a new look and it shows possibly some yet-unseen realities from the 52.
    ConvergencePromo-300-RGB-83149.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Holy frijoles that's a bad braniac design

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Pfffffffft, where's Curse of the Mutants?

• Options
    I don't know why a new costume would be a spoiler

But anyways its a dumb look

The iconic Brainiac things (green with the dots on his forhead) are gone and I couldn't even tell it was Brainiac at first

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah it looks like Metamorpho

• Options
    1602 is legitimately one of my favorite Marvel stories ever and I am still super angry that Dan Slott killed 1602 Peter Parquagh to kick off Spider-Verse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    1602 is legitimately one of my favorite Marvel stories ever and I am still super angry that Dan Slott killed 1602 Peter Parquagh to kick off Spider-Verse

I think it might be the first superhero comic I read

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    ... wait, is this a secret cross-over? Are we going to see DC realities in Marvel and Marvel realities in DC?
    No. But it'd be... something.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

Fuck Dan Slott

Listen

I get that these are characters in the dust bin

but for one author to go back to the creations of dozens of different people and casually kill them for his shitty morlun story?

Like, I want slott of spider-man yesterday, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to forgive him at this point

And he's written some of my favorite spider-stuff

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I would pay Marvel lots of money NOT to cross over with DC right now.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like Metamorpho

I legitimately thought that's who it was at first glance.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Leave Brainamorphiac alone.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options

I think it might be the first superhero comic I read

an open letter to the english language

why the fuck are the past and present tenses of a verb spelled the same but pronounced differently

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Thanks for the suggestions @AtomicTofu, @Centipede Damascus‌, and @vegeta_666‌

I think I'll be adding Thor and Ms. Marvel for now. Does the Hawkeye vol 1 oversized have anything that the Hawkeye by Matt Fraction & David Aja Omnibus (http://amzn.com/0785192190) wouldn't have? Just figured getting all of it in one shot would be nice, but if the oversized is another run of Hawkeye entirely I'll check it out.

As for Infinity covering Avengers 3-4 and New Avengers 2, thus making them unnecessary my neuroses makes them necessary. I need to see a complete 1-5 and 1-3 without gaps on my shelf and there are a few other things in the Infinity book that aren't in Avengers or New Avengers so I may as well get em all.

I'll keep the others on my radar, but I think this is a good start. Revised list in order of current preference: http://amzn.com/w/3LPSUVSPXD4FX . I'm willing to rearrange anything on the list outside of Astonishing X-Men since that's the oldest and I want to finish off that collection before it gets impossible to find.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    So Angela: Asgard's Assassin is gonna be a very pretty book
    angela-1-4C-56ea3.jpg
    ANGELA2014001009-col-edited-colors-revised-CMYK-ee50f.jpg

The first is by Stephanie Hans and is what will be used for the ongoing flashback plots and the second is Phil Jiminez (looking way better than I've seen his working looking in a while) who will be doing the modern day storyline

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Now all she needs is a new costume, which we already know is on its way

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, that's a slightly better costume than before.

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions AtomicTofu, Centipede Damascus, and vegeta_666‌

I think I'll be adding Thor and Ms. Marvel for now. Does the Hawkeye vol 1 oversized have anything that the Hawkeye by Matt Fraction & David Aja Omnibus (http://amzn.com/0785192190) wouldn't have? Just figured getting all of it in one shot would be nice, but if the oversized is another run of Hawkeye entirely I'll check it out.

As for Infinity covering Avengers 3-4 and New Avengers 2, thus making them unnecessary my neuroses makes them necessary. I need to see a complete 1-5 and 1-3 without gaps on my shelf and there are a few other things in the Infinity book that aren't in Avengers or New Avengers so I may as well get em all.

I'll keep the others on my radar, but I think this is a good start. Revised list in order of current preference: http://amzn.com/w/3LPSUVSPXD4FX . I'm willing to rearrange anything on the list outside of Astonishing X-Men since that's the oldest and I want to finish off that collection before it gets impossible to find.

The Hawkeye omnibus will collect the entire run (that's what the omnibuses are for), whereas the oversized Vol. 1 only has up to issue 12. Also, Infinity is meant to be read in a certain order which would go out the window if you were reading just the separate Avengers/New Avengers volumes.

• Options
    Well, that's a slightly better costume than before.
    It's the same costume, just drawn by some artists who tried to make it less bikini esque

One of the co-writers has already said a new costume will be happening

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.