Options

I spent 90 hours at the [job] thread last week and all I got was this lousy paycheck

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Also, are WoD heroics easy mode? I remember cata heroics being harder than this.

Depends on how much gear grinding your boss will let you do when he fires your ass for playing videogames at work.

This is what a DS/vista is for

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Wooo dyslexia - gave a presentation where slightly I misspelt a slide title.

Robust accidentally become Robobutts, promising a different (and far more interesting) conversation.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I am away from home for college right now, about 7ish hours away and working at a local movie theatre. It's a really good job and I like my coworkers but I've hit a snag.

The one time I go home in the year to see my family is Christmas, so I told my manager a few weeks ago that I was planning on booking December 20th - January 2nd off and asked if that was okay. He responded with, "Well... we are going to be letting people go in January and that is a lot of time to book off." So I told him I'd change my availability to full time in the two weeks before I left to hopefully help balance it out. He agreed that would help. I had this conversation with him twice.

We have a small black scheduling book we use to write down things like this as well. So, I wrote that I was available full time every day December 5th-21st, and wanted the 22nd-2nd off. Then, this Sunday my manager made up the holiday schedules and misread what I wrote, thinking that I wanted the 5th-21st off and wanted to work the 22nd-2nd. He booked me for around 60 hours.

I came in today, saw this, and told my Assistant Manager that the schedule must be wrong. She phoned my manager who then told her that it was my mistake because I wrote it wrong and he wasn't changing the schedule.

Basically I see it coming down to two solutions, a) I don't work those shifts because he corrects the schedule/gives me the time off or b) I don't work those shifts and I quit/get fired. I would be willing to compromise a bit but my manager is stubborn.

Any suggestions?

Well, did you write it down wrong? Because if not it should be pretty easy to prove he screwed up.

I wrote it down in a way that I can understand how he would misread it (but not wrong necessarily), but even still there were the two prior conversations I had with him. He could have phoned me while making the schedule and double checked, having two long conversations about booking Christmas off and then writing down I wanted to work as much as I can during Christmas doesn't make much sense.

Either way, even if I did prove he screwed up (which there were witnesses to one of the conversations), I can't go above his head really. It's a chain of theatres but a small one and I think we have a District Manager but in the 8 months I've worked here I've never met him and he's never visited.

He's trying to get you to quit so you're one less person to fire

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    godmode wrote: »
    Perhaps they feel they've been wronged by the airline and that's their form of revenge?

Lookit Mister Bear over here, tryin' ta use logic and shit.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    There are plenty of jobs in a college town that are equal to a movie theatre.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I got my university grade back, I got a first which is really good but it wasn't a strong first so I feel a bit disappointed in myself, but I can make changes still. My weakness was hand drawings which I have zero natural talent for so it's all in okay really and I need to stop being daft.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Stop being daft

Work on your draft

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    ing skills liiya, they are important.

• Options
    Okay!!

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Don't be daft, punk.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    cubs-do-your-best.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Or else.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fuckin' weeaboos.

Oh, wait, those are webelos. Never mind.

• Options
    Fuckin' weeaboos.

Oh, wait, those are webelos. Never mind.

Careful. They'll whittle the chit out of you.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    cubs-do-your-best.gif

2ewm7mg.png

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    cubs-do-your-best.gif

2ewm7mg.png

No, no, no. Seriously.

nFSebim.gif?1

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Do it in da' butt!

• Options
    Did anyone else watch The Ben Stiller show? Sometimes it feels like I was the only one.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Just read about a Hanukkah gift wrapping paper. Hopefully it was just a case of the designer not seeing the trees for the forest.
    426517_1280x720.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Did anyone else watch The Ben Stiller show? Sometimes it feels like I was the only one.

Sometimes.....

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So I woke up this morning covered in hives?
    I do not recommend it. My everything itches and my hands like seriously hurt.
    I have a Dr appointment in an hour and a half and hope that I do not physically excise all skin from my body in the meantime.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I spent way too much time looking at that photo looking for the swastikas

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Just read about a Hanukkah gift wrapping paper. Hopefully it was just a case of the designer not seeing the trees for the forest.
    426517_1280x720.jpg

What dipshit was in charge of that

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Well it was canceled for low ratings, so maybe you were?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I spent way too much time looking at that photo looking for the swastikas

Which is why I'm hoping it was just someone looking at the big picture and not noticing the little things.

Like the Sin Cara Dick shirt.
    sincarashirt.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    That penis is either upside-down or that humanoid has a tragically low waist.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    That penis is coming from inside the house!

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    What a stellar double post.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Sassori wrote: »

Or he's just really enthusiastic about it. The time stamps are telling me there was 3 minutes between those

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Same thing here. People think I'm in my teens then get confused when I talk about my degree and 9 years industry experience.

Oh, and @xraydog‌ , eff the attitude that you have to make your work your hobby and think about it 24/7. It's cliché but some people live to work and others work to live. Some of the best programmers I've worked with don't even think about the office during their time off. It allows them to come in fresh and relaxed and reset ready to face whatever issues they come across, instead of stewing over the slightest issues all weekend. I've got a wife, kid and dog and the last thing I want to be doing in my free time is worrying about work - there's just too much life happening in the meantime. Never feel bad for not being "passionate" and making work your hobby. It works for some but not everyone.

Yeah. I work at one of the big SV companies and I don't spend extra time at work, or think about work when not at work. I do program in my spare time, but that's because I want to spend time working on my projects, not work's.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Or he's just really enthusiastic about it. The time stamps are telling me there was 3 minutes between those

He's curled up in a corner, rocking back and forth, repeating it over and over.

Upside down... low waist... upside down... low waist... tragic... penis...

Bobble on
  • Options
    Ugh. I hate having after work plans. It's so easy for me to just cancel them.

This dreary weather is not helping me feel sociable.

• Options
    I will not be daft.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

He's curled up in a corner, rocking back and forth, repeating it over and over.

Upside down... low waist... upside down... low waist... tragic... penis...

Spit my coffee out reading this.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    426517_1280x720.jpg

Well only half of them are swastikas, the rest are gammadion crosses.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I always feel like a nice and cozy fire helps brighten the mood.

So ...

Who's on your shitlist today and do you know what they drive?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options

I always feel like a nice and cozy fire helps brighten the mood.

So ...

Who's on your shitlist today and do you know what they drive?

Everyone is on my list. Always.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Same thing here. People think I'm in my teens then get confused when I talk about my degree and 9 years industry experience.

Oh, and @xraydog‌ , eff the attitude that you have to make your work your hobby and think about it 24/7. It's cliché but some people live to work and others work to live. Some of the best programmers I've worked with don't even think about the office during their time off. It allows them to come in fresh and relaxed and reset ready to face whatever issues they come across, instead of stewing over the slightest issues all weekend. I've got a wife, kid and dog and the last thing I want to be doing in my free time is worrying about work - there's just too much life happening in the meantime. Never feel bad for not being "passionate" and making work your hobby. It works for some but not everyone.

Yeah. I work at one of the big SV companies and I don't spend extra time at work, or think about work when not at work. I do program in my spare time, but that's because I want to spend time working on my projects, not work's.

Agreed.

I just can't stomach opening up an editor after I'm home.

I just want to crash, eat some dinner, watch some TV or play vidya games.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    426517_1280x720.jpg

Well only half of them are swastikas, the rest are gammadion crosses.

Ah, so you're the glass half swastika type

3basnids3lf9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.