Options

Versailles on the Potomac (and Hudson): The American Political Media

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well nutter is so less funny.

"No bro I'm telling you country crock is the best non butter butter you can fucking buy."

"But why?"

"FUCK YOU!!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well nutter is so less funny.

"No bro I'm telling you country crock is the best non butter butter you can fucking buy."

"But why?"

"FUCK YOU!!"

Someone said he should be hung for treason, I asked "which charge?" and they actually responded with "I DONT KNOW BUT IM SURE THERES SOMETHING HES DONE!"

So... Not that far off really

Also, Parkay or go home.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Well duh! You can't let 'dem womens see other womens marching. Next thing they'll want to put shoes on.

Can you imagine that? It'd be chaos!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Its just kind of sad in the wake of one religion overreacting to satire and murdering people the paper of another is editing out women for some strange reason? I mean you may not like the mayor of Paris for some weird reason but she is actually the mayor.

I don't really have a butter preference whatevers cheapest. We only really use it for eggs and the occasional english muffin topping.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

They also edited Clinton out of the Bin Laden raid war room pictures, too.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    They edited out Audrey Tomason, too. There's an Haredi/ultra orthodox Jewish thing about not printing images of women due to modesty laws.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gotta be wearing a wig or headscarf outside ya know

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Also, Parkay or go home.

Why must you always be so wrong? The real answer to "Which non-butter butter is best" Is none of them because their all horrible. Give me real butter or give me death

Veevee on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Wait you trolled people posting on a blog about butter?

Oops! Nutter! Stupid autocorrect.

You trolled people posting on a blog about nuts?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Also, Parkay or go home.

Why must you always be so wrong? The real answer to "Which non-butter butter is best" Is none of them because their all horrible. Give me real butter or give me death

Go real or go home is also how I view breast/butt implants.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I am also completely mystified why anyone cares Obama didn't show up for the stupid PR thing about those murders in Paris. I know its a shocking thing and blah blah blah, but christ world leaders getting together won't fix jack shit and honestly all those world leaders in one place that just had terrorism? Might not be a great idea.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    If he did show up they'd be bitching about his travel expenses

• Options

Seriously. At this point I'm so sick and tired of "obama didn't do/did do this and what that means" fucking christ I'd like him to just show up clearly unclean shaven and in unclean clothes.

"What? Fuck you guys I'm putting in as much effort to show up as you guys give me credit for."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Considering the people who did show up maybe it's best he stayed away.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

And claiming it was just a publicity grab from a lame duck president. And also claiming that whatever his daughters wore was inappropriate for the occasion.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    America also has incredibly restrictive requirements of foreign governments when the President travels. It's actually pretty insane how much more we demand security wise than any other country to protect the president, and these requirements were cited as a top reason for the president not going.

That march of world leaders? The secret service wouldn't have let it happen.

The president not going was actually a higher sign of respect than if he actually went.

• Options
    To be fair, someone killing Obama would be a major win for any terrorist ever. There is a reason we are incredibly protective of the president.

That and you don't want America to be "avenging" our president, because like 9/11 shit would get real bad real fast.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    The president not going was actually a higher sign of respect than if he actually went.

Yeah, I think we can all agree that the old Onion headline "Black Man Given America's Worst Job" was incredibly prescient.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Alleged sex crimer Bill Cosby is universally reviled, alleged sex crimer Woody Allen now has a new gig making a show for Amazon.com, Inc.

Both of them should be arrested and thrown into prison, but in my heart of hearts I think the reason Woody's getting a pass is because he's white/Jewish.
    Like the article said, he's long relied on his "neurotic" persona to sell movies, and now he's using it to get out of raping a little girl*. Bastard.

Man, Jeff Bezos is such a dick.

*going by a quick glance at the Google headlines, 3/4ths are "Woody Allen gets a new show" and the rest are "Will there be backlash?" crap. There'd better be backlash!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Alleged sex crimer Bill Cosby is universally reviled, alleged sex crimer Woody Allen now has a new gig making a show for Amazon.com, Inc.

Both of them should be arrested and thrown into prison, but in my heart of hearts I think the reason Woody's getting a pass is because he's white/Jewish.
    Like the article said, he's long relied on his "neurotic" persona to sell movies, and now he's using it to get out of raping a little girl*. Bastard.

Man, Jeff Bezos is such a dick.

*going by a quick glance at the Google headlines, 3/4ths are "Woody Allen gets a new show" and the rest are "Will there be backlash?" crap. There'd better be backlash!

There won't. Allen's situation isn't as air tight as Cosby's. It's already old news, sad to say.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Well its also the volume of reports against Cosby, and the people accusing Allen definitely have an agenda for doing so.

Now if Amazon had Roman Polanski doing a tv show, that would be some shit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Well its also the volume of reports against Cosby, and the people accusing Allen definitely have an agenda for doing so.

Hollywood would still be supporting him, like they did last time. If there's one person who can unify Hollywood it's Roman Polanski.

• Options
    And it disappoints me every time.

Like one thing I hate with Polanski is that they point out his victim wants him to be able to stop being pursued. What they leave out of course is that she only wants that because the media has harassed her for years and anytime Polanski would come up they'd tromp out to wherever she is and remind everyone around her she was raped by a famous guy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

What possible agenda would Dylan Farrow have?

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    His mom and Woody Allen didn't exactly have a great parting, and as I recall at the time a lot of the woody is a child molester stuff comes from Mia.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That still doesn't mean Dylan is lying! So what if his ex-wife hates him? Maybe she hates him because he raped their kid. Just... ergh. It really ticks me off when famous people get away with raping kids (Jimmy Page, for one).

At least Roman Polanksi is still facing charges.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    That still doesn't mean Dylan is lying! So what if his ex-wife hates him? Maybe she hates him because he raped their kid. Just... ergh. It really ticks me off when famous people get away with raping kids (Jimmy Page, for one).

At least Roman Polanksi is still facing charges.

Plus, call me crazy, but having sex with one daughter makes it awfully suspicious when the other one accuses you of the same. Not conviction worthy, but "maybe I shouldn't pay this guy huge sacks of money when plenty of other choices exist," worthy of suspicion.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Unless his new show is kvetching over our political landscape, I don't know what any of that has to do with the American political media.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    TPM's redesign is super busy and it's making me sad.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Ugh. It's like they combined the "Little boxes everywhere!" aesthetic with the washed out look of old-school newspapers - a page full of little grey things that don't call attention to themselves.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Ugh. It's like they combined the "Little boxes everywhere!" aesthetic with the washed out look of old-school newspapers - a page full of little grey things that don't call attention to themselves.

Someone somewhere thought "Hey you know those horrible ad spaces they shove in the bottom and corners of every website? I like those. I think we'll make our entire site look like that!"

• Options
    I'm on my phone. Can somebody find a link to the story where Huckabee is criticising Obama because his kid listen to Beyonce? I saw it at CSM, but I bet there's a post someplace where they agree with the Huckster.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'm on my phone. Can somebody find a link to the story where Huckabee is criticising Obama because his kid listen to Beyonce? I saw it at CSM, but I bet there's a post someplace where they agree with the Huckster.

Maddow Blog:
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/huckabee-takes-aim-obamas-beyonce

Bloomberg:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-14/the-silly-intersection-of-mike-huckabee-beyonc-ted-nugent-and-the-obamas

Yahoo News:
    http://news.yahoo.com/huckabee-slams-obama-letting-daughters-listen-beyonce-185535240.html

I laughed at the Gods, Guns, Grits and Gravy title to his book. Then I was sad he's taking swipes at Obama in it to generate press. So cynical, why not just include the greatest grits recipe ever and sell your book that way?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Maddow Blog:

Bloomberg:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-14/the-silly-intersection-of-mike-huckabee-beyonc-ted-nugent-and-the-obamas

Yahoo News:
    http://news.yahoo.com/huckabee-slams-obama-letting-daughters-listen-beyonce-185535240.html

I laughed at the Gods, Guns, Grits and Gravy title to his book. Then I was sad he's taking swipes at Obama in it to generate press. So cynical, why not just include the greatest grits recipe ever and sell your book that way?

He cooks his grits in less than 5 minutes.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I remember when I saw a fark article mention the title of his book I swore to god someone was just joking about that title until nope thats the real one.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Maddow Blog:

Bloomberg:

Yahoo News:

He cooks his grits in less than 5 minutes.
    Instant grits? No self-respectin' Southerner uses instant grits. Huckabee should take pride in his grits.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And in things in the political media that make me smile, Nancy Grace gets schooled by rapper 2 Chainz on marijuana legalization.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I'm guessing Huckabee doesn't like it when two yutes listen to Beyoncé.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
This discussion has been closed.