As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Versailles on the Potomac (and Hudson): The American Political Media

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm guessing Huckabee doesn't like it when two yutes listen to Beyoncé.

Did you say yutes?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Did you say yutes?

Is it not slang for youths?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Did you say yutes?

I was going for the My Cousin Vinny Joke.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hmm. Yet another reference I have missed out on by having not seen a thing in my younger days.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hmm. Yet another reference I have missed out on by having not seen a thing in my younger days.

Yes, you messed the entire thread from being dead-on-balls accurate.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Dead-on-balls accurate?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Dead-on-balls accurate?

It's an industry term.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Did you say yutes?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

Spoilered for context and off-topic:

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I'm on my phone. Can somebody find a link to the story where Huckabee is criticising Obama because his kid listen to Beyonce? I saw it at CSM, but I bet there's a post someplace where they agree with the Huckster.

Maddow Blog:
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/huckabee-takes-aim-obamas-beyonce

Bloomberg:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-14/the-silly-intersection-of-mike-huckabee-beyonc-ted-nugent-and-the-obamas

Yahoo News:
    http://news.yahoo.com/huckabee-slams-obama-letting-daughters-listen-beyonce-185535240.html

I laughed at the Gods, Guns, Grits and Gravy title to his book. Then I was sad he's taking swipes at Obama in it to generate press. So cynical, why not just include the greatest grits recipe ever and sell your book that way?
    He cooks his grits in less than 5 minutes.
    Instant grits? No self-respectin' Southerner uses instant grits. Huckabee should take pride in his grits.

I'm pretty sure the water just soaks in faster on his stovetop.

• Options
    I do appreciate all those assholes in 2008 who said Huckabee wasn't crazy and he would have been a good president or whatever are getting all these servings of how fucking dumb, petty and ignorant he is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I sincerely doubt many of the people who might've championed Huckabee back in 2008 are going to be particularly disturbed by, well, anything he might've said or done in the following years.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Nah there were plenty of democrats in the usual "This guy won't be that bad" mode for Huckabee, like they were with McCain.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Must've been elsewhere, because that's not the impression I recall from our (many and lengthy) political threads at the time.

Then again, it was also nearly 7.5 years ago.

But I've always thought he was a goose.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Must've been elsewhere, because that's not the impression I recall from our (many and lengthy) political threads at the time.

Then again, it was also nearly 7.5 years ago.

But I've always thought he was a goose.

People here may know better but we pay a hell of alot more attention then most.

Huckabee comes of as very likeable and people respond to that.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Nah there were plenty of democrats in the usual "This guy won't be that bad" mode for Huckabee, like they were with McCain.

That's why I'm glad Huckabee failed. He's a rich man's Santorum with charisma and a disarming smile.

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Huckabee would have been way worse than McCain.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    I also can't take parenting advice from the guy who's son tortured and murdered a dog seriously. Like on top of the fact at least two people he pardoned went on to be awful fucking people, his own son tortured and murdered a dog and he covered it up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

@Caulk Bite 6‌ you're in luck, because My Cousin Vinnie is still a fantastic and hilarious movie that is absolutely worth watching.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I also can't take parenting advice from the guy who's son tortured and murdered a dog seriously. Like on top of the fact at least two people he pardoned went on to be awful fucking people, his own son tortured and murdered a dog and he covered it up.

I thought you were going a "Glenn Beck 1990" reference, but nope, this happened and holy shit I hate humanity.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Nope, his son as a camp counselor tortured and killed a dog, huck helped make it go away, but you know the beyonces are going to make the Obama girls all uppity not know their place.

They should take lessons from the fucking Duggars.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

That's why I'm glad Huckabee failed. He's a rich man's Santorum with charisma and a disarming smile.

Huckabee is a real-life version of this guy, minus the tragic backstory.

Lots-O%27-Huggin%27-Bear.jpg

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Nope, his son as a camp counselor tortured and killed a dog, huck helped make it go away, but you know the beyonces are going to make the Obama girls all uppity not know their place.

Oh, and let's not forget his pardoning a rapist and allowing him to not only rape again but kill (because he realized that the flaw in his previous raping was that he let the victims live) in order to embarrass Clinton, because the victim that he raped that stood up and pressed charges was a distant relative of Clinton's.

That's not made up either.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Oh, and let's not forget his pardoning a rapist and allowing him to not only rape again but kill (because he realized that the flaw in his previous raping was that he let the victims live) in order to embarrass Clinton, because the victim that he raped that stood up and pressed charges was a distant relative of his.

That's not made up either.

And there is Maurice Clemmons another man that he pardoned that you know went on to go up to Washington State and shoot four police officers to death while they were drinking coffee.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    In short, Huckabee should not be allowed anywhere near the Presidency on the basis of his poor fucking judgement alone.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    In short, Huckabee should not be allowed anywhere near the Presidency on the basis of his poor fucking judgement alone.

Also, his last name sounds like an ice cream flavor.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Huckabee sounds like a sex act sexually repressed and/or drunk truckers perform on eachother between the dumpsters of a truck stop.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dude has plenty of actual problematic policy positions, we can skip all the one-upping on insulting his name, I think.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Huckabee sounds like a sex act sexually repressed and/or drunk truckers perform on eachother between the dumpsters of a truck stop.

You mean a Rusty Venture?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Dude has plenty of actual problematic policy positions, we can skip all the one-upping on insulting his name, I think.

The greatest threat from him is his ability to appear outside of hyperconservative media and come across as a sane, reasonable person.

Like his many appearances on the daily show exemplify.

Which is why I have a deep, seething anger and hatred for the man. He is a political parasite, and not even the good kind that just lays its eggs for us to shit out before dying. The kind that just burrows into flesh and consumes until we are empty husks.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Huckabee is a huckster of bullshit that the media keeps buying because the public keeps watching.

He is a prime example of just how much damage our media can inflict when they only care about ratings

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular

Oh hey, learned something new and terrible today. To be fair, and according the people who have every reason to say so, the boys were simply putting the dog out of its misery.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I would have thought the Huckabee dog murder was common knowledge, at least around here.

That whole episode was the perfect example of why the man absolutely cannot be allowed any position of power over others. Ever.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options

We could skip it...

I mean, if the idea is to ruin somebody, how the internet googlebombed Santorum was brilliant and helped turn him into even more of a laughingstock.

Never underestimate the power of juvenile humor.

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Veevee wrote: »
    Huckabee is a huckster of bullshit that the media keeps buying because the public keeps watching.

He is a prime example of just how much damage our media can inflict when they only care about ratings

He's basically Nehemiah Scudder.

I vaguely remember saying this back in 2008.

I really hope he doesn't run again.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I would have thought the Huckabee dog murder was common knowledge, at least around here.

I've never really considered him worth even basic research. He's always struck me as a a perennial presidential campaign runner who will never get far out of the primary gate. He can't run with the big boys, and never will.

Eh, I guess I was wrong, apparently he got fairly close to the nomination in 2008.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Oh hey, learned something new and terrible today. To be fair, and according the people who have every reason to say so, the boys were simply putting the dog out of its misery.
    You don't put a dog out of its misery by hanging it from the neck, slitting its throat, and stoning it to death.

God damn. Just when I thought I hated people enough, I find out there's more.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Not sure this is the best thread, but here is an article that details how small government has been working out for the US citizen when it comes to inequality. There is wealth distribution, but not in the way that the right or the corporate media claims. Surprising no one the wealth distribution is taking from the middle class and the poor to give to the rich and it's using states and local governments to do it.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/us/duke-call-to-prayer/index.html
    Duke University has reversed its decision to allow a Muslim call to prayer to sound from a campus chapel bell tower, school officials announced Thursday.

Plans changed because the Durham, North Carolina, school's effort to "unify was not having the intended effect," Michael Schoenfeld, vice president for public affairs and government relations, said in a statement.

"Duke remains committed to fostering an inclusive, tolerant and welcoming campus for all of its students," Schoenfeld said.

The Duke Muslim Students Association had planned to chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. Jummah prayers have taken place in the basement of Duke Chapel for many years, the statement said.

While it's unclear what specifically led to the university's decision, there were no shortage of opinions on both sides after Thursday's reversal.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    "Duke remains committed to fostering an inclusive, tolerant and welcoming campus for all of its students," Schoenfeld said.

It's not like I needed another reason to hate Duke.

This discussion has been closed.