Options

Lord of the [chat]s

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    fun fact: doctors in the old west were known as sling slingers

bakers in the old west were known as bun slingers

prostitutes were bum slingers

accountants were sum slingers

during prohibition in the old west bootleggers were rum slingers

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I used to blow apart army men with a pellet gun.

You are practicing to kill US army personnel?!

Please go directly to Guantanomo, do not pass any court.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Now BB gun wars. That was fun and incredibly stupid.

Roman candle wars.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    spool32 wrote: »

bad comedians were known as pun slingers

look I'm not gonna say you're the slowest draw in the west, but

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    candy salesmen were gum slingers

• Options

spool1832's nickname was thumb slinger

could never get his gun out of his holster

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

dooweeoooweeeoooo
    wah wah wahhhhh

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So fun family story since it goes with cowboys and such.

My great great grandfather was a Federal Marshal in North Texas. I am actually from the line of his second wife who was an Indian in Indian Territory aka Oklahoma. Still have family there.

Well he and his wife were walking to town as the story goes. Now he was semi-retired at this point as he was around 65. But a marshal is always a marshal. While riding they saw a couple of men with some cattle. Now this was around 1889 or so I think 87 so fencing was not really a thing yet. Now brands were and my great great grandfather new one of the guys and also knew those cattle were not his brand. Now I am not sure all of you know but cattle rustling in this time is kind of a hang them now ask questions later offense.

So my grandfather tells his wife he is going to go talk to these men since he knows them or at least one of them. He rides up and starts talking to the man he knows. He asks them what he is doing with the cattle and where he is taking them. The guy apologizes and says he will take them back but the other man who my grandfather didn't know at this point freaks out and shoots my grandfather.

Now his wife was not happy about him going up there, they had 3 kids at this point(she was like 25). But that was the end of my great great grandfather though. The wound was fatal. So by doing the right thing and asking he got shot by a man he didn't know who was cattle rustling in Indian Territory.

Man is buried in an Indian grave yard. We found the grave stone about 8 years ago.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    #4 is wading through water.

You keep the gun up and out of the water because if it gets wet it probably won't work anymore.

It can also substitute for "guy crawling under barbed wire", but you don't really run into "crawlable under barbed wire" in combat situations frequently.

Most guns will still fire if they get wet. Most guns will fire even if fired underwater. You'll eventually need to clean rust out of the barrel.

I thought the carbines/m16s were notorious for being shitty when wet?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    ok

Ok hold the fucking phone

hold the FUCK ON

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingdom-Hearts-3-PS4/25846148?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_top&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=LIkI4DpjV6IGVs0rOXuZu0&category=&client_guid=08fbbe5d-4fc5-412b-895e-536ae752c290&customer_id_enc=&config_id=106&parent_item_id=25846147&guid=0daf41d1-ffe7-4760-9398-49410e2812b1&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&beacon_version=1.0.0&findingMethod=p13n

How is it that I am able to pre-order this game for a $20 discount yet it has no release date and barely any information on it and yet supposedly it will ship on Oct 31 of this year

this is absolute madness and probably a lie

but i...i want to do it...

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    First, their members contributed more equally to the team’s discussions, rather than letting one or two people dominate the group.

Second, their members scored higher on a test called Reading the Mind in the Eyes, which measures how well people can read complex emotional states from images of faces with only the eyes visible.

Finally, teams with more women outperformed teams with more men. Indeed, it appeared that it was not “diversity” (having equal numbers of men and women) that mattered for a team’s intelligence, but simply having more women. This last effect, however, was partly explained by the fact that women, on average, were better at “mindreading” than men.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/opinion/sunday/why-some-teams-are-smarter-than-others.html

reading the mind in the eyes test: https://www.questionwritertracker.com/quiz/61/Z4MK3TKB.html

I scored 29/36 (avg score = 26.2)

35/36.

I said a guy was irritated when he was actually accusing. It said I was wrong so I became irritated with the test and accused it of being stupid garbage.

you are a reverse autist

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I remember being taught how to crawl

because of course there is a drill and a procedure for how to crawl

the kind of like, ranger spending three hours moving two kilometres to get into position unseen kind of crawling, was based on moving only your toes and fingers

the sergeant, bless her heart she tried a lot, had trouble adapting when we pointed out that we were all just on our bellies in the snow making four small holes and couldn't actually move anywhere without moving more than our hands and toes

so I spent quite some time there on my belly, thinking that a russian invasion would be such a hoot with this stellar outfit

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @spacekungfuman‌ , get your child LEGOS. Encourages creativity , technical skills, and it's super fun to do with him.

He loves blocks already. His favorite are the big mega blocks because they are the easiest for him to build with (he mostly builds very high towers and sometimes rocket ships that look like smaller towers but can apparently fly through space) but he also likes his duplo. He also has other types of blocks, but those are his favorites.

• Options

You keep the gun up and out of the water because if it gets wet it probably won't work anymore.

It can also substitute for "guy crawling under barbed wire", but you don't really run into "crawlable under barbed wire" in combat situations frequently.

Most guns will still fire if they get wet. Most guns will fire even if fired underwater. You'll eventually need to clean rust out of the barrel.

most rivers are pretty filthy though

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQDRwZIcY3k&x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837

I'm speechless by the whole thing. That there is a woman taking pictures of school busses break lights to search for satanic symbols to be outraged about. That there is a network that considers this news. That they found someone on the street to interview that not only didn't fall down laughing at how stupid it is but actually agreed with the woman. That they actually went out to interview a wickan over the issue.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    First, their members contributed more equally to the team’s discussions, rather than letting one or two people dominate the group.

Second, their members scored higher on a test called Reading the Mind in the Eyes, which measures how well people can read complex emotional states from images of faces with only the eyes visible.

Finally, teams with more women outperformed teams with more men. Indeed, it appeared that it was not “diversity” (having equal numbers of men and women) that mattered for a team’s intelligence, but simply having more women. This last effect, however, was partly explained by the fact that women, on average, were better at “mindreading” than men.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/18/opinion/sunday/why-some-teams-are-smarter-than-others.html

reading the mind in the eyes test: https://www.questionwritertracker.com/quiz/61/Z4MK3TKB.html

35/36.

I said a guy was irritated when he was actually accusing. It said I was wrong so I became irritated with the test and accused it of being stupid garbage.

yeah, I got 29/36 and I think most of them that I missed were pretty dumb.

No, that guy was embarassed not guilty -- those totally aren't basically the same thing we promise

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

The first gen m16s were very bad at this

so we gave them to GI's in Vietnam in a stroke of brilliance

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

35/36.

you are a reverse autist

a not-ist

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Woohooo that's my first student loan payment down! Only 25 more years. Nothing, basically. Might as well be Planck time looking from a broad perspective.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    chatters in the old west were known as pun slingers

You got Czar'd!

• Options
    It was apparently a thing where amercian soldiers took viet cong AKs and used them instead of their m16s

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    @spool32‌

I think you might appreciate this story more than most folks.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31694536/#Comment_31694536

And I am not sure if you are busy thus will miss it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

anesthesiologists in the old west were numb slingers

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

35/36.

No, that guy was embarassed not guilty -- those totally aren't basically the same thing we promise

People who are guilty look at you. People who are embarrassed look away. I'm not saying it's true but it was easy to see what the test was telegraphing.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    skippy i'm driving to texas to shoot you

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    It was apparently a thing where amercian soldiers took viet cong AKs and used them instead of their m16s

AKs are a glorious piece of engineering, really.

The only issue is ammo I would think.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mazz I sm using awesome to say that it is a good story
    Not awesome your predecessor for shot

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Judges in the Old West were called "Your Honor"

• Options

bartenders at oxygen bars in the old west were called lung slingers

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Get your children logos. They can learn about brands, and identity through buying.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

35/36.

People who are guilty look at you. People who are embarrassed look away. I'm not saying it's true but it was easy to see what the test was telegraphing.

look at csi miami over here

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Aren't they also notoriously inaccurate? Otherwise yes, they are an engineering marvel.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

the sound of the AK is pretty distinctive so it was a "do I want a weapon that doesn't work, or do I want a weapon that'll get my shot by friendlies?"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ladder salespeople were rung slingers

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

They don't like dirt. Most guns don't like dirt. As for the M-16's history of reliability, it has to do with the the combination of ammo selected and a lack of cleaning supplies. Basically it was designed to use special rounds that produced less fouling. Someone in procurement said fuck it, and bought the cheapest stuff which didn't meet the requirements. Since it was designed to be low maintenance, there was a lack of cleaning supplies sent to Vietnam. So you got lots of jams because it wasn't being maintained.

• Options

Lots of guys also preferred to get old m14s too.

IIRC m14s still see some use it was such a good gun

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

male porn stars in the old west were

• Options

Aren't they also notoriously inaccurate? Otherwise yes, they are an engineering marvel.

Heavy recoil I think?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Local news networks are a great.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    celebrity impersonators in the old wild west were tongue slingers

This discussion has been closed.