Options

Bed & Breakfast & [chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My brain is all weird. I want it to be Monday so I can go to the library. Most-unbroken I've felt in a super long time

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    My brain is all weird. I want it to be Monday so I can go to the library. Most-unbroken I've felt in a super long time

I think I should awesome this.

I am not sure if I should.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I want it to be Friday so tomorrow could also be Friday because tomorrow I would be wishing again that the previous day was Friday. Wait I'm confused.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    lars going apeshit over piracy when Metallica got big through tape trading was just him being a giant hypocrite, really

That was my biggest problem at that time. Tape trading was a thing. It was the analog or physical variant of what napster was at it's own time. At least in my eyes. Not that I partook, but I cheered on those who did with Napster. My take was that if I liked them enough, I'd go and buy the album. Like what iTunes has now, sort of.

The tape trading thing makes sense but to me it didn't address scale and man did file sharing get out of control there for awhile

I knew way too many people that were downloading and ripping things to CD for no reason

Like they were never going to listen all of it but they could get all of it so they had to get all of it

I mean I'm talking a dozen custom built CD spools that are four feet tall absolutely stuffed full of burned music with stacks of unopened blank CDs ready to go

Hoarders the mp3-ing basically

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Mim were you into Steve Coogan before or after Sarks

'cause if there's a dude I've seen who looks like Steve Coogan it's Sarks

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I spend a lot of the day ruminating on how Ive failed at a lot of stuff and have so much more to do and may fail at that. When I am at the library I am busy and do things and it is like shoving a dick in my brain's mouth. Merciful silence.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    lars going apeshit over piracy when Metallica got big through tape trading was just him being a giant hypocrite, really

That was my biggest problem at that time. Tape trading was a thing. It was the analog or physical variant of what napster was at it's own time. At least in my eyes. Not that I partook, but I cheered on those who did with Napster. My take was that if I liked them enough, I'd go and buy the album. Like what iTunes has now, sort of.

I pirate and buy a lot of music. I disapprove of streaming services because I find so many people fall into the "I'm paying for Spotify so I'm helping the artist" trap. Sure the current services are great for the consumer, but terrible for the artist who is the person I want to support.

I've tried Spotify. For whatever reason I actually am not too crazy about it. I enjoy owning the albums, either physically or digitally, as opposed to streaming them. It's odd, at least to me, on the face of it. I don't know if this is comparable but it's the same feeling I get when I buy a physical book, as opposed to an e-book. That fact of ownership and physicality is tangible.

Um.

I have no idea what this has to do with what we're talking about. Probs nothing. But anyways. Hooray for opinions.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

after.

it's probably the only good thing left from our relationship <3

jk jk

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    I spend a lot of the day ruminating on how Ive failed at a lot of stuff and have so much more to do and may fail at that. When I am at the library I am busy and do things and it is like shoving a dick in my brain's mouth. Merciful silence.

i need to go to the library then..

• Options
    Holy shit, fellow Canucks, they're making new Heritage Moments

@Rear Admiral Choco@Pony @Aarseth‌ @BeNarwhal‌ @bloodyroarxx‌ @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    wife is on a big facebook group for new moms in the Chicago area and there have been a couple posts lately from moms that don't vaccinate asking how to get around school requirements for vaccinations (usual advice is religious exemptions I guess, which is, uhhh, what religion is that?)

if one of these dumb fucks got my 4 month old infected with measles (vaccine isn't administered until 1 year) I'd probably go on a sharking spree

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Mim, it seems like your hot is nondescript white guys.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    The blog post I mentioned, in case anyone feels like taking a peek.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    wife is on a big facebook group for new moms in the Chicago area and there have been a couple posts lately from moms that don't vaccinate asking how to get around school requirements for vaccinations (usual advice is religious exemptions I guess, which is, uhhh, what religion is that?)

if one of these dumb fucks got my 4 month old infected with measles (vaccine isn't administered until 1 year) I'd probably go on a sharking spree

*throws some chum in the water*

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

The tape trading thing makes sense but to me it didn't address scale and man did file sharing get out of control there for awhile

I knew way too many people that were downloading and ripping things to CD for no reason

Like they were never going to listen all of it but they could get all of it so they had to get all of it

I mean I'm talking a dozen custom built CD spools that are four feet tall absolutely stuffed full of burned music with stacks of unopened blank CDs ready to go

Hoarders the mp3-ing basically

Oh shit yeah. I had a good friend who basically hoarded all of Metallica's albums ever via Napster. And then some. IIRC he was one of the few hit with a cease and desist at that time. Shit did get ridiculous.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

i like idris elba, don cheadle, jason mamoa (oh god yesssssssssssssssssssss), miyavi, some other asian actors i can't really remember at the moment, the middle eastern dude from the mummy, the rock and nerdy looking white guys and tom cruise when he's in a fat suit and bald (i don't know why)

mim likes all the guys, basically

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Christian Science and also Jehovah's Witnesses, I think.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »

i like idris elba, don cheadle, jason mamoa (oh god yesssssssssssssssssssss), miyavi, some other asian actors i can't really remember at the moment, the middle eastern dude from the mummy, the rock and nerdy looking white guys and tom cruise when he's in a fat suit and bald (i don't know why)

this is like white guys saying they like beyonce

it's like

cmon

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

"Why don't you stop being such an irresponsible piece of shit?" would be my advice

feel free to post that

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I drank too much
    I ate too much
    I smoked too much
    Too much

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

Tell 'em straight and tell 'em hard.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options

I pirate and buy a lot of music. I disapprove of streaming services because I find so many people fall into the "I'm paying for Spotify so I'm helping the artist" trap. Sure the current services are great for the consumer, but terrible for the artist who is the person I want to support.

I've tried Spotify. For whatever reason I actually am not too crazy about it. I enjoy owning the albums, either physically or digitally, as opposed to streaming them. It's odd, at least to me, on the face of it. I don't know if this is comparable but it's the same feeling I get when I buy a physical book, as opposed to an e-book. That fact of ownership and physicality is tangible.

Um.

I have no idea what this has to do with what we're talking about. Probs nothing. But anyways. Hooray for opinions.

Owning an album, whether digitally or physically, lets me feel like I am directly supporting an artist that I like. It's also why about 50% of my wardrobe consists of merch from live shows (a reason I loathe 360 deals so much).

Basically the extra money I'm spending in an attempt to support artists directly gives me an added value to actually being able to listen to the music.

• Options

"Why don't you stop being such an irresponsible piece of shit?" would be my advice

feel free to post that

my wife basically flamed the ever loving shit out of them

she brings honor to the shark name

• Options
    "it's a personal choice"

yeah i take it really personally that your dumbass put my kids at risk

• Options

this is like white guys saying they like beyonce

it's like

cmon

you honed in on idris and ignored don cheadle and the rock o_o

• Options
    I dunno who don cheadle is sry

• Options

Um.

I like how my Google Music account is all comedy albums I couldn't find a download of elsewhere (both legally and illegally). It's a testament to how esoteric some shit can be.

• Options

did you not see iron man 2 and 3?

or crash?

or the captain planet parody?

i want an alternate universe divorce!

this is like not knowing you ginuwine is

• Options
    by can't find them legally, I mean itunes (not that I'd use it) and Amazon are region locked so it can be p tricky to find some things!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    ginuwine?

• Options
    Wash wrote: »

after.

it's probably the only good thing left from our relationship <3

jk jk

Sarks needs to post in [Chat] again so I can yell at him some more for being part of the reason I picked up SimCity at launch

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Tape trading could get you a few thousand cassettes across the country. Maybe ten thousand... ?

Literally every single person with a computer and internet service being able to download a song you haven't even released yet is... not the same thing.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, so apparently modifying your single player campaign in dragon age:inquisition gets you banned from multiplayer.
    noice bioware.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

did you not see iron man 2 and 3?

or crash?

or the captain planet parody?

i want an alternate universe divorce!

this is like not knowing you ginuwine is

hmm i actually have not seen any of those

lemme GIS this guy

ok id hit it

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    "it's a personal choice"

yeah i take it really personally that your dumbass put my kids at risk

Explain herd immunity to them.

And then tell them they are putting other kids in danger by their "choice."

And then give them a link to this.

http://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    mim think of the kids!

• Options
    7BQDwCT.jpg

the cheadle

• Options

feel free to post that

my wife basically flamed the ever loving shit out of them

she brings honor to the shark name

You are sure to get through to these horrifying ill-informed parents who are acting out of concern for their children

Certainly your ability to reason and empathize with them may only yield a positive result, and not just make you feel a bit better for a little while

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    ginuwine?

ginuwine is ginuwine

• Options
This discussion has been closed.