Options

The Song of [chat]

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind meeting Letho again though. Guy was a bro.
    I killed him and basically everyone else. But I saved Triss so it was worth.
    I helped Roche. I was going to spare Henselt but then he gloated about enjoying what he did and so blood paid for blood. Saskia died because I didn't know who she was. I'm pretty sure I let Sile die but maybe I didn't. Temeria remained a weakened state because I saved Triss. All in all, I left the Northern Kingdoms about as cocked up as possible.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Is the Amazon phone any good?

It's a dead-end. And no.

I feel like Amazon got lucky with the Kindle, and every other hardware initiative they have had has been varying degrees of terrible.

this includes their Fire tablets, phones, roku/chromecast knockoffs, weird underpowered game consoles, etc.

huh?

They tried to pitch their AppleTV-style box as a game console by also selling a really bad controller with it. The idea didn't really go anywhere.

Except Apple should totally do that with the next iteration of their product. It's a license to print money.

Apple has a better shot of making it work because of the relationship they have with developers and the already existent protocols for communicating with the Apple TV from iDevices.

Plus, the Apple TV already has bluetooth, so all those MFi controllers on the market could theoretically work with it.

I just don't see myself wanting to play the current crop of mobile games on my TV. Maybe in a few years when the line between a console and a tablet/phone experience blurs even further.

Right, of course. While there probably is a sizable market that would love to play their casual games on the TV at home, I'm not part of that market.

But if they could spec the AppleTV to smoothly play PS3-level games? Yeah, I think there would be a lot of jumping at that.

Well, they haven't refreshed the AppleTV hardware in almost 3 years so who knows. Their existing tablet chips could certainly do PS3-quality graphics at 1080p, but I have to wonder how many developers would want to make a console quality experience when they couldn't really sell it for more than $10.

Lots of stuff on the app store selling for 15-20 and doing well at that price point.

I also think there is a place for a game that costs almost nothing to play the first level or two, and then dole out 20+ dollars to get a full experience. Telltale has been doing that on the iPhone/iPad for a couple years now and it has been a very successful formula for them.

If Square ported FF7 to the iPad and let you play through the power plant sequence for free with a "pay X to buy the whole game" screen afterwards? People would pay X.

Sure, if it's easy to port stuff then it would probably be fine, but it would take a big change for it to become a primary platform.

This is all supposing that they have any intention to update the hardware again, though.

They do, there have been rumors for years now of them working on the successor. It was talked about in the Steve Jobs biography that came out near his death.

The bigger question is "how" they update the hardware. I don't see them doing it until they come up with a way to sell a new use case for it. Be it apps, a different way to consume television, home automation... there is another piece that isn't out there yet that justifies a new one.

Because without that, they have no reason to update. It's a mostly jailbreak-proof, 1080p capable box that does what it sets out to do (display video content) perfectly. And they still manage to sell a few million units a year despite its age.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    god its so cold

brrbrrbrr

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    But GoT is grim for the sake of it.
    This is going to depend on how you interpret "for the sake of it".

Everything in fiction is 'for the sake of it', but that's generally not what we mean when we say the phrase.

The w40k universe is grim for the sake of it. Nobody in that universe is heroic (not even in the books afaik). Everybody is xenophobic, lives are meaningless, horrific monsters and the forces of Evil are generally winning the war.

GoT and Witcher have are grim and bleak in areas, but they are generally realistic universes. They have people trying to do things for moral reasons that resonate with us today, and trying to be good people. They also have cutthroats and rapists and other people doing things because their lives are shit and that's how they have to live.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    the plot of witcher 1 doesn't really tie into the books at all (i think because they didn't get the rights for all the characters? )
    witcher 2 doesn't assume you know anything about the books either although it deals more closely with book stuff because of yennefer

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    god its so cold

brrbrrbrr
    These guys have a hot tub with your name on it.

redneck-hot-tub_0.jpg?w=640

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    When is that cyberpunk game coming out?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d2

1: Element Thief
    2: Anchor Warrior

1d2 2 [1d2=2]

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    god its so cold

brrbrrbrr

no thanks im not in the market for stank disease

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    depending on which sources you look at either, release date hasn't been announced or its "due for release in 2015"

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind meeting Letho again though. Guy was a bro.
    I killed him and basically everyone else. But I saved Triss so it was worth.
    I helped Roche. I was going to spare Henselt but then he gloated about enjoying what he did and so blood was paid for blood. Saskia died because I didn't know who she was. I'm pretty sure I let Sile die but maybe I didn't. Temeria remained a weakened state because I saved Triss. All in all, I left the Northern Kingdoms about as cocked up as possible.
    I was merciful to everyone except Henselt, because fuck Henselt.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Not anytime soon, as they are pretty much all in on getting Witcher 3 out the door without a third delay. I'm looking forward to the new Witcher game, but also looking forward to that being out of the way so we can get more info about Cyberpunk.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    [Chat], is uptown funk gonna give it to ya?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    the henselt thing made me mad
    The entire point of Ves' character was transparently to give you a Blue Stripes character you care about so that the player has a strong emotional response to Henselt's killing of the Blue Stripes.

Even knowing this, I fell for it. So I guess it was written well!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    god its so cold

brrbrrbrr

no thanks im not in the market for stank disease
    That looks more like a cocktail of syphilis and MRSA with a pinch chancroid for color.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Why is superintendent Chalmers drawn in sharpie on that Super Nintendo

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Why is superintendent Chalmers drawn in sharpie on that Super Nintendo

it's a super nintendo Chalmers.

Like that Ralph Quote.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mormon, Baptist leadership consider "supporting" LGBT, still oppose same-sex marriage, defend "religious freedom" discrimination policies.

Can anyone tell me how this is in any practical way a change from how they've always operated? This comes off as a really tone-deaf PR stunt.

• Options
    Mormon, Baptist leadership consider "supporting" LGBT, still oppose same-sex marriage, defend "religious freedom" discrimination policies.

Can anyone tell me how this is in any practical way a change from how they've always operated? This comes off as a really tone-deaf PR stunt.

"We don't hate gays, we just think they shouldn't have the same rights as non-gays in our churches or in society."

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Prob go dwarf fighter/cleric for this playthrough then something more interesting and thief inspired for good playthrough.

Gonna keep Neera for the evil party then or swap her out for someone more reliable?

Her level jumping *IS* the cause of a lot of my load games, tbh. But the character is fun.

Good playthrough. Her and jan will cover my casting needs. Will go Minsc, jan, Neera, anoman, mazzy most likely

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

But you don't get 9th level spells forever with a full party.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    That hot tub has gotta ruin that car's transmission.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

clearly you should play without a party so you get all the experiences

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

this is why you murder your party

or just dont go 6 dudes

i never go 6 dudes even if i have a party just because 3 or 4 is mroe sexual

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Or suspension.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular

It is a pr stunt. It's support insofar that they still oppose everything LGBT stands for. So really, no support.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

THAT SONG IS CATCHY AS FUCK

• Options
    er a 6 dude sausage fest orgy is v clearly more schecksual than a 4 lady clam chowder orgy

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    it's a PR stunt that might have worked circa 1996 or so

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    That hot tub has gotta ruin that car's transmission.

I feel like they don't drive around with it full.

• Options
    I really wanted to like the witcher. I like the team a lot and am huge on choices and consequences. The combat is just terrible though. And you have to fight constantly. I looked for mods to eliminate trash enemies but none exist. I almost feel like I would like to play that game with God mode or something. The combat is just so bad.

• Options
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    what would water sloshing about do to the transmission

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

but the STRONK XP and REDUCED MICRO MONOGEMONT

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    do mage/cleric

all the spells

or just dont go 6 dudes

But the banter!

but the STRONK XP and REDUCED MICRO MONOGEMONT

But the micromanagement is the reason to be alive. Might as well just lay in a ditch until you die if you aren't controlling the actions of all 6 people at all times.

• Options
    I really wanted to like the witcher. I like the team a lot and am huge on choices and consequences. The combat is just terrible though. And you have to fight constantly. I looked for mods to eliminate trash enemies but none exist. I almost feel like I would like to play that game with God mode or something. The combat is just so bad.

download a trainer

they exist for almost every game and always have a god mode option

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

THAT SONG IS CATCHY AS FUCK

Aaaaaand now it's in my head. Only I don't know all of the tune or any of the other words so it's just some guy singing "Don't believe me just vibe" over and over again.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Play on easy, group enemies up, use group style.

Group style is I think literally "for every enemy above 3 within 3 metres of Geralt, add 50% damage".

I found Witcher 1 combat was weighted against you stats-wise in chapters 1 and 2 (on hardest difficulty) but still doable esp. if you used oils correctly, and after that everything was trivial. Anything more than 3 you kill almost instantly with group style, anything that looks big you use heavy style against, otherwise you abuse the light or group style 'dodges' to avoid all attacks and lol heartily at people.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    what would water sloshing about do to the transmission

Yeah mostly suspension I guess.

Even when not in motion that's gotta be putting just an absolute assload on that rear set.

This discussion has been closed.