As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want parties to happen? I've found that some of my best PAX experiences have been at the parties.

I think rascrush meant he's hoping that places don't decide not to do parties. :) (Ooh, those pesky double negatives!)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    BeastybunnyBeastybunny San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Okay, at the risk of sounding like a complete noob, how does one find out about these parties? This will only be my third PAX and I wasn't aware of any parties. I like parties.

Beastybunny on
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want parties to happen? I've found that some of my best PAX experiences have been at the parties.

I think rascrush meant he's hoping that places don't decide not to do parties. :) (Ooh, those pesky double negatives!)

Ahh! Makes send then. Also @Beastbunny this thread is designed to alert people when parties are announced. Vendors and Exhibitors sometimes make posts to twitter or their social media accounts as the event gets closer. Some times they aren't announced until the con. Another way to check is to look for PAX East on Eventbrite, as most of the ticketing for parties is done there.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options

Ahh! Makes send then. Also @Beastbunny this thread is designed to alert people when parties are announced. Vendors and Exhibitors sometimes make posts to twitter or their social media accounts as the event gets closer. Some times they aren't announced until the con. Another way to check is to look for PAX East on Eventbrite, as most of the ticketing for parties is done there.

Yup! Stay tuned to this thread! Either I will find these parties, or others will come forward with what they find! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    im just hoping that a lot of places decide not to do parties since south just happened.

Yeah, why no parties...not everyone could make it to South and I don't feel we should be left out. The parties are great part of PAX.

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Friday:
    ASUS ROG & PC Gamer PAX East Afterparty10:00 pm - 2:00 am (Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont Street, Boston) RSVP only (more info coming soon!)

Cite your source! I cant find anything about it.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    I hope that Asus doesnt do what they did last year and hand out 3 times more tickets than they have capacity for

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Cloud Imperium Games / Star Citizen Party
    Date: Saturday March 7th, 2015
    Time:
    4:30 PM Subscriber and VIP Entry
    5:00 pm Backer Entry
    6:00 pm Presentation
    Admission: $15
    Age Restriction: 21+
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14470-CIG-Returns-To-PAX-East

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am given to understand that twitchtv will definitely be having a party, probably on Friday night. I can't find anything about it on their website yet but I talked to the person who arranges them.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The ASUS ROG party sounds awesome especially since I Just built a new rig with a lot of their components!

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i mean dont decide

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Royal was the venue last year I think...... line down the block, elbows to ____ in there. Was a good time once I got a drink lol. Def would go again. Getting amped, almost 1 month left to wait

• Options
    eilonwyeilonwy Registered User regular
    How are the sponsored game parties? I sort of stopped by one as it was wrapping up last year, but couldn't get a good read on it. Not sure if the fan parties would be better to plan for instead. Thoughts?

• Options
    last year I went to the sanshee party and I loved it hope they do one again this year. I have heard game parties are normally very good

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Just bought vip tix to the 8 bit 2:16 bit party. Should be fun! Good sponsors, good cause!

pilferk on
  • Options
    jayh0va wrote: »
    Friday:
    ASUS ROG & PC Gamer PAX East Afterparty10:00 pm - 2:00 am (Royale Nightclub, 279 Tremont Street, Boston) RSVP only (more info coming soon!)

Cite your source! I cant find anything about it.
    I'm really sorry, but I can't yet! I was contacted directly. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    eilonwy wrote: »
    How are the sponsored game parties? I sort of stopped by one as it was wrapping up last year, but couldn't get a good read on it. Not sure if the fan parties would be better to plan for instead. Thoughts?

The sponsored game parties can be absolutely amazing. The Elder Scrolls Online party was almost like a Renaissance fair. The Curse party years ago was pretty neat, too, as well as Rift! It just depends on where it is, and how much they "role play" the party. My husband also said the Wolfenstein party was pretty fantastic.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Interested in heading to one of the parties this year with hubby, since we haven't been to one before. Any fun recommendations? How do you hear about these parties? On the expo floor? People you know?

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Devereaux wrote: »
    Interested in heading to one of the parties this year with hubby, since we haven't been to one before. Any fun recommendations? How do you hear about these parties? On the expo floor? People you know?

Lots of searching and, luckily, people contacting me directly so I can post them here! :) Not to mention all the awesome other PAXers who post here to share their finds!

As for recommendations, that's a bit harder to say. Do you like nightclubs? Would you rather be at a party where the workers are role playing their jobs? It really just depends on what games you like and what kind of parties you'd enjoy! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Devereaux wrote: »

Keep your eyes on this thread, Twitter, and on the floor (some parties are ticketed via the booths, I think that's what twitch did last year?). Had a lot of fun last year and I was roaming solo since my wife is good enough to let me geek out while she hangs with our daughter.

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Lots of searching and, luckily, people contacting me directly so I can post them here! :) Not to mention all the awesome other PAXers who post here to share their finds!

As for recommendations, that's a bit harder to say. Do you like nightclubs? Would you rather be at a party where the workers are role playing their jobs? It really just depends on what games you like and what kind of parties you'd enjoy! :)

Keep your eyes on this thread, Twitter, and on the floor (some parties are ticketed via the booths, I think that's what twitch did last year?). Had a lot of fun last year and I was roaming solo since my wife is good enough to let me geek out while she hangs with our daughter.

Thanks for the response guys! I'll be sure to keep checking here, see what grabs my attention :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    guess it has already been posted lol

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

better to err on the side of mentioning things twice than on the side of not mentioning things..

speaking of which.
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »

better to err on the side of mentioning things twice than on the side of not mentioning things..

speaking of which.
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

Signed up...now I just have to wait. I hate waiting.

• Options
    still no parties that really interest me though

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I bought a ticket for Indies Need Booze, but now I see they have "All Access Pass" for Indies Need Booze, 8-Bit Boston, and Sanshee block party. Has anyone purchased the Pass before? Experiences with the Pass? Worth it?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    they have not annouced the sanshee party yet from what I can tell. However if you plan on going to all 3 yes it makes sense

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    I bought a ticket for Indies Need Booze, but now I see they have "All Access Pass" for Indies Need Booze, 8-Bit Boston, and Sanshee block party. Has anyone purchased the Pass before? Experiences with the Pass? Worth it?

I dont think they have done the all access pass before, but the company that is running those parties is solid.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I always get a kick out of these flyers. Reminds me of all the rave flyers back in the last 90s early 2000s. Phat pants gamers/geeks/nerds? That would be amazing to see.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    ya i would say i you plan on going to all 3 def worth it the sanshee party is a must for me after last year great time. All 3 by themself will prob run u more then 60 so def worth it if u only plan on going to 1 or 2 maybe though prob not worth it

• Options

I think this is just a random meet-up and not a sponsored event. I'll leave it in here for those that are interested, but I won't be adding it to the OP. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Is there anywhere to read what these parties include (Indies Need Booze/ All Access Pass)? As in is there food/drink included, or is it just admission and drinks are full price/discounted?

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Is there anywhere to read what these parties include (Indies Need Booze/ All Access Pass)? As in is there food/drink included, or is it just admission and drinks are full price/discounted?

Not yet, as far as I know, but in previous years, both Sanshee and Indies Need Booze charged money to attend and drinks were NOT included. That's not to say, however, that you might not get some discounted or even free drinks if you attend. In 2012, Sanshee was giving out free drink tickets, and Indies last year gave out a flask (empty) with price of admission.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    ya last yearif u got the vip one in sanshee you got a free drink ticket as well. And well I happened to get lucky met a girl who was working at the ubisoft station hung out with her most of the night and all her drinks were on the house which meaned i got like half my drinks on the house as well

• Options
    there was a lil food as well at the sanshee party but I mean very lil last year I think it would say on the flyer what it included

• Options
    ya last yearif u got the vip one in sanshee you got a free drink ticket as well. And well I happened to get lucky met a girl who was working at the ubisoft station hung out with her most of the night and all her drinks were on the house which meaned i got like half my drinks on the house as well

I got burned last year at sanshee lol. Had VIP and the girl checking me in was like "what is that" and I never got my drink ticket. Got the all access for this anyway since I was going to do Indies and 8 Bit.

Holding out to see what guest ASUS is lining up for their party. They have to to last year so they got their work cut out, who can to the crystal method lol.

Btw if anyone wants to party hop lmk, I'll be going solo. Better to drink with a friend :-)

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    SANSHEE All Access would worry me since they always give away more then they are suppose to, and everyone I know who has paid for Sanshee access has been burned, so I would never pay for any access to Sanshee had anything to do with. Indies is just a back room at a bar where people try to sell you stuff. You are paying for the privilege of not waiting in line to have them sell you stuff. I have not attended 8 bit, so I reserve judgment to a later date.

This discussion has been closed.