As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Tix arrived today whoop whoop

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    rhylith wrote: »
    Oh shit Blizzard's gonna have Overwatch playable there.
    PSA: Please don't waste six hours of PAX waiting to play a game for fifteen minutes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    https://groupme.com/join_group/12367884/AZssN4

Here's a PAX East groupme if you want

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    PSA: Please don't waste six hours of PAX waiting to play a game for fifteen minutes.

Now now everyone enjoys pax in their own way

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    I'm a panel person and without fail there's always a big lull between panels I want to see and then there's a bunch of panels I want to see that conflict with each other. It's brutal this year

Also, I want to volunteer at my company's booth and there's no perfect time to do it. At least the walking will be easier on my feet this year

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

There's always a spot when people wanna go do something else and I have a couple hours to kill.

Gotta get my one game in on the floor.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Best part of the expo hall at South was playing Elite Dangerous was only an hour wait

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    The YDKJ tournament is still 3:00 on Sunday *grumble*

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SLIDE DECK SHERI

LOTS OF TRANSITIONS

CLIPART

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Whoooo! 3 weeks out, and I'm so hyped to see you all again! :o

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

@DrZiplock will you have any free time for festivities this PAX?

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Bogey buy a jacket

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Brogey wrote: »
    Whoooo! 3 weeks out, and I'm so hyped to see you all again! :o

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

@DrZiplock will you have any free time for festivities this PAX?

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

PAUL I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TWICE IN 12 MONTHS

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Bogey buy a jacket

YOU wear a jacket

• Options
    I bought a coat today for the trip

• Options
    I bought pants for the trip!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
  • Options
    I bought pants but they won't arrive till April

RIP

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to be at this and also I've got a panel thing going on on Friday where I talk with some other folks about UI and designing UI and graphical arts for vidjya games

so if that's a thing you wanna know about, then here are details:
    http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/heads-up-the-art-of-user-interface-and-graphic-design-in-games

otherwise add me to the list of attendees and we can hang

edit: the list of panelists isn't final we're hoping to add two more people to that list...but yeah it's still gonna be on UI and things.

beavotron on
  • Options
    @World as Myth is one of them other folks, I saw on twitters. Also hey beavs!

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    @World as Myth is one of them other folks, I saw on twitters. Also hey beavs!
    haaay goooooose. yeah kate is on there too. our powers are going to combine.

i can't imagine we're going to make it through that whole panel without mentioning the forums at least 10 times.

• Options

RIP

You know you can buy pants in stores right

Like real in-person stores

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Bogey buy a jacket

YOU wear a jacket

I may have made that last post while wearing one already

• Options

RIP

You wouldn't download pants.

• Options

RIP

They are fancy pants

• Options
    (Dancy Pants)

• Options
    (Dancy Dants)

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Would it be worth it to drive down separately from my group and have a car there?

Unlike them I don't have a Saturday pass and I'm wondering if that would be useful for tourism shenanigans on that day.

Dys on
  • Options
    Don't drive in boston, buy a charlie pass, save your sanity

• Options
    The hotel I've stayed at the last 2-3 years has been a short walk from the JFK/UMass station, which is 2 stops up from South Station.

• Options
    Like to be more in depth, parking basically anywhere is gonna run you probably $8 a day at LEAST and that's if you park out in hella nowhere. If you plan on parking at/near your hotel, plan on at least 20-40$ a day for parking. Then you have parking for wherever you're driving to, and as someone who has drove in Manhattan, NYC Chinatown, Brooklyn, Toronto, and other largeish cities, I would not want to drive in Boston at ALL. Apparently if you get to where you're going on the first try in Boston you summon a demon, so they designed the city to make sure that never fuckin happens. Multiple streets with the same name! Sometimes they meet up! Streets all laid out like a gordian knot and everyone hates you! Conversely you can spend, what is it now, $7 for an unlimited one day or $19 for a week of charlie pass? Something like that. Transit isn't the end-all be-all but it is the easiest and most understandable transit system I've ever interacted with, it's relatively fast, it now runs decently late. I'm someone who has a lot of anxiety about public transit and Boston's system has put me totally at ease. Once you figure in gas and parking, unless you live really close, you'd probably even be upside right on just paying for cabs to get everywhere instead of driving in with a separate vehicle.

• Options
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Goddamnit Cabsy you're making me homesick

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PAXEast thread

Should I bother bringing my laptop y/n

It's only a MBA so it's not a lot of bulk or weight, and the most I'd see myself using it is on the flight playing Darkest Dungeon or foruming, but I don't know how much I'd really be using it during the trip, when I could just bring my iPad Mini and a little bluetooth keyboard instead.

I think I just talked myself out of it

• Options
    I mean you sit in lines for stuff like panels, so I think a tablet like your iPad would be fine for that.

Typically I bring my iPad and make sure I have some board games on there for people to play.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Darkest Dungeon really needs to come to mobile. The click-centric control scheme feels like it's made for touchscreen.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Welp, that settles that then.

• Options
    I bring my laptop with me and leave it in my bag in my hotel room until I get back and then I use it there. Its good for watching the Main Theater streams (since Twitch's app kinda sucks), playing games, and foruming.

• Options
    PAXEast thread

Should I bother bringing my laptop y/n

It's only a MBA so it's not a lot of bulk or weight, and the most I'd see myself using it is on the flight playing Darkest Dungeon or foruming, but I don't know how much I'd really be using it during the trip, when I could just bring my iPad Mini and a little bluetooth keyboard instead.

I think I just talked myself out of it

tablets are smaller & more portable, so it gets my vote

• Options
    Also everybody make sure you update or install Spaceteam