As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Cosplay Thread

• Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular
    Just got my pictures back from PAX South. Can't wait to do some repairs and wear Chromie again at East! View Gallery

• Options
    AlextheGreat77AlextheGreat77 Registered User regular
    My brother and I will be doing a Persona 3 cosplay on Fri. Dressing up as Akihiko and Junpei. Keep an eye out for us!

• Options
    JeoJeo Registered User regular
    nernerrynn wrote: »

Your Snake looks INCREDIBLY familiar to me, I know I saw you PASEast14, yet I can't recall holding a conversation with you. D:

Also, dat fem!Yang doe. I'll be doing Yang for Otakon15 this year, BUT your Yang looks awesome and I am EXCITED to see it. ;D

Well, I did ask questions at the Rooster Teeth Panel and the Inside Gaming (funhaus) panel. Not to mention I got stopped for pictures quite a bit as well as walked around hte convention like 100 times the days I wore it so I'm not surprised you recognize it. As for the Yang, It is just concept art that is similar to what I'm doing. I'm buying a Male version of her jacket and throwing some of my own twists on the whole outfit. I was originally going to do venom snake, but since Monty passed away, I felt I needed to do something in my own way.

• Options
    JackWrenJackWren Registered User regular
    I'll be pulling a genderbend cosplay of Athena from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Manthena? A friend of mine will also be doing a female version of Handsome Jack which I can't wait to see.
    Any other Borderlands people?

• Options
    MintyCrowMintyCrow The Confused Cosplayer Boston, MARegistered User new member
    I'm going as Liliana from Dragon Age. (the inquisition costume version!)
    I was doing commander Shepard but gave up...

• Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    We will be doing a Tales of Xillia/Xillia 2 cosplay.

I will be doing Milla Maxwell from Xillia, my husband Ludger from Xillia 2!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Options
    ClaimingRissaClaimingRissa Registered User new member
    I'll be doing someone from RWBY on friday, and Saturday I will be Trisha from Catherine with her majestic red afro.

• Options
    andraia1024andraia1024 Registered User new member
    JackWren, I hope I find you guys! I'll be Nisha from Borderlands for at least Friday. I was Maya last year, and might bust that cosplay out for Saturday :-)

• Options
    queenbearqueenbear ASSachusetts Registered User new member
    Unfortunately I can't make it all 3 days, so I'm planning on doing a Smash Bros palette swapped version of Ness on Saturday!
    jv6c6kn1ea06.png

• Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    queenbear wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't make it all 3 days, so I'm planning on doing a Smash Bros palette swapped version of Ness on Saturday!
    jv6c6kn1ea06.png

Look for a non-palette swap! Ness v Ness photo op!

• Options
    luxloluxlo OntarioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So I was wondering what it's like/if it's possible to attend panels while in big/big armor/big prop cosplays?

I'd love to go to a couple, but not sure if a) I can even sit down in my cosplay b)if that's ok c)If there is room for that :(

And on that note- here is the prop I just finished to go with my armor :D
    tj237stf2fdp.jpg

luxlo on
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited February 2015
    luxlo wrote: »
    So I was wondering what it's like/if it's possible to attend panels while in big/big armor/big prop cosplays?

I'd love to go to a couple, but not sure if a) I can even sit down in my cosplay b)if that's ok c)If there is room for that :(

Its certainly allowed, but does take extra consideration. Same applies to expo hall in cosplay as well. Sit in the back maybe. If you will take up more then your seat maybe avoid full panels. You can always ask the enforcers there for advice and assistance.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HearthsingerHearthsinger Actor/Writer NYCRegistered User regular

And on that note- here is the prop I just finished to go with my armor :hydra:

@luxlo At south, I left my huge staff at the back near the sound operator during panels. I asked every time if it was ok and I always took a side seat so that I could either stand against the wall if I was blocking someone behind me or scoot to the edge so that I wasn't jabbing the person next to me. Last year, we were asked to remove our helmets/masks if they blocked the view of those behind us. Hope that helps!

• Options
    zombattyzombatty Rhode IslandRegistered User new member
    Oi, so I'm going as Clover from Payday 2. I've got her outfit all set (its just a suit, mad easy), but I'm in the process of making her mask. I've already finished the clay mold , now I just gotta make the backpiece, use my mold builder, and slush cast the mask. I hope there's more Payday cosplayers running around!

• Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    for 5 years running I'll definitely be wearing my Ghostbusters gear with my buddies.
    qtmk9k077231.jpg

If I have time I'd love to wear my Louis Vuitton Stormtrooper at some point too
    80emlx6aijvq.jpg

• Options
    TheLegendofXTheLegendofX Registered User new member
    ki4ihnfakt6y.jpg

I'll be going as Mario, similar to my Luigi pictured, and my friend will be Peach most likely Friday, so if there's any other people doing Mario Warfare let's meet up!
    You can also find me and her dressed as Arno and Kenway Saturday, just look for our flags!!!

• Options
    luxloluxlo OntarioRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

Its certainly allowed, but does take extra consideration. Same applies to expo hall in cosplay as well. Sit in the back maybe. If you will take up more then your seat maybe avoid full panels. You can always ask the enforcers there for advice and assistance.

And on that note- here is the prop I just finished to go with my armor :hydra:

@luxlo At south, I left my huge staff at the back near the sound operator during panels. I asked every time if it was ok and I always took a side seat so that I could either stand against the wall if I was blocking someone behind me or scoot to the edge so that I wasn't jabbing the person next to me. Last year, we were asked to remove our helmets/masks if they blocked the view of those behind us. Hope that helps!

Oh okay I will try asking people there for what to do for specific panels then, thanks! glad to hear I probably won't have to miss them.

• Options
    SilverIceDragonSilverIceDragon New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm planning on going as genderbent Tyrael from Diablo. I'm doing both the angel and human version so I can take off a lot of the armor when I get tired. I may also pull out my old Fallout vault dweller cosplay if I want to wear something more comfortable in the Expo Hall.

Do any of you have any advice for getting large/bulky costumes to the convention center? I'm planning on driving there, but I'm not very familiar with the location. How close is the parking lot to the center and is there an area inside where I can put on a lot of the armor in case of snow? I was thinking about getting dressed in the parking lot, but if there is snow/rain, that is not an option...

dw0gjjv88mjs.jpg

• Options
    SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular

Do any of you have any advice for getting large/bulky costumes to the convention center? I'm planning on driving there, but I'm not very familiar with the location. How close is the parking lot to the center and is there an area inside where I can put on a lot of the armor in case of snow? I was thinking about getting dressed in the parking lot, but if there is snow/rain, that is not an option...
    The convention center lot is right next to it. Walking to the center and back usually isn't that bad, unless you end up in the overflow lot which is farther away. This year might be a pain due to the snow, but most of the walk is on the lower level. The doors on the lower level open at 10 an you have yo go line up at the main door, but later in the day it's easier to get in an out.

• Options
    bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    Just an important safety tip: if you're cosplaying as Elsa from Frozen, change at the convention center. This winter the locals might get violent on the train. :)

• Options
    Aredhel22Aredhel22 Blue Nova Cosplay PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Oh god. This is only three weeks away. I am in no way mentally prepared. I was just going through the list of things I have to do, and if I don't wait until the morning before I go, I can get it all done in time.

cFhq9lX.jpg
  • Options
    Evie AppleEvie Apple Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    JackWren wrote: »
    I'll be pulling a genderbend cosplay of Athena from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Manthena? A friend of mine will also be doing a female version of Handsome Jack which I can't wait to see.
    Any other Borderlands people?

More Borderlands people here! I'll be genderbend Zero and I'm bringing a genderbend Nisha with me! We're also doing the Lutece twins, so I'm not sure which day will be which yet. :biggrin: Speaking of which, anyone know of any cosplay meetups during PAX? I ask this every year, but it seems that there's never anything official.

Evie Apple on
  • Options
    Evie Apple wrote: »
    More Borderlands people here! I'll be genderbend Zero and I'm bringing a genderbend Nisha with me! We're also doing the Lutece twins, so I'm not sure which day will be which yet. :biggrin: Speaking of which, anyone know of any cosplay meetups during PAX? I ask this every year, but it seems that there's never anything official.

Awesome! I believe there's going to be a Borderlands meet up on Saturday, I'll PM you when I have specifics.

• Options
    CymbalKnightCymbalKnight Thumbnail artist, generally confused Attitude CityRegistered User new member
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Going to be as TF2 Engineer again this year. Hopefully going to be adding at least a shotgun to it this year.

Screenshot%202014-04-19%2001.10.30.png

Going as Scout this year! I'm looking for other TF2 cosplayers, haven't found many this year haha.

9dtscmk422bw.jpeg

PAX East
    Fri. - Team Fortress 2's R.E.D Scout
    Sat. - Achivement Hunter pair with Daninogees
    Sun. - "Hey I'm Grump; I'm Not So Grump" pair with Daninogees
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Evie Apple wrote: »
    Speaking of which, anyone know of any cosplay meetups during PAX? I ask this every year, but it seems that there's never anything official.

Nothing official from PAX, but by all means feel free to organize your own. Or browse the exhibitors and see if any of them are organizing something.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Looks like my daughter and I will be Mario and Toadette at least one day. Still trying to find a good dress to finish her outfit out.

• Options
    InkRavenInkRaven Registered User regular
    Hey guys, does anyone know if this type of stilt would be allowed? http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200810/Stilt_04CF3078-049E-9D29-740EC1F089456241.jpg

I've heard from some of my buddies that know enforcers that stilts are a no-go, but I wanted to get confirmation of this ASAP. Thoughts?

• Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Stilts are a no go.

• Options
    yolomcswaggytotsyolomcswaggytots Registered User regular
    Im going as ichigo kurosaki from the bleach anime, and I'm curious for the sword. The hilt caused a lot of controversy due to it looking like a swastika when it's the that Buddhist simble thing. Would it be allowed? And the sword is also made of stainless steel and is weak and can't be used as a mail opener. It's all good right?
    kpm52uu348h8.jpg

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Aredhel22 wrote: »
    Oh god. This is only three weeks away. I am in no way mentally prepared. I was just going through the list of things I have to do, and if I don't wait until the morning before I go, I can get it all done in time.

FYI .. it is less than 3 weeks .. it is 14 days away .. 2 weeks.... :P

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Making good progress on my princess daisy. Starting to add all of the trims and finishes :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    DigitalxRequiemDigitalxRequiem South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Il be in my Grey Jedi Knight on both friday and saturday.

• Options
    DeathBruzerDeathBruzer Charlestown, MARegistered User regular
    It's probably about time I retire my Cole MacGrath cosplay. Thinking of doing both Evil and Good Delsin Rowe.

"‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
    — Cole MacGrath, as he and his allies made their way to New Marais.
  • Options
    SandvichSandvich Registered User regular
    wcln69ofzfsx.jpg
    Iorveth costume is nearing completion! I'll be going Saturday and Sunday if any other Witcher cosplayers want to do a shoot.

• Options
    JeoJeo Registered User regular
    There will be a 405th Halo armor meetup saturday. More info to come!

• Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    Got my Venom Snake outfit all set with. Probably my most expensive costume yet as I searched for the better half of a year to find the exact items as close as I could. Got an electronic cigar just like the ingame phantom cigar (no nicotine, I don't really smoke). Scars will come later and the hair isn't done in these photos. One question though, is the electronic cigar allowed indoors? And could I possibly whip it out if asked for photo ops?
    kx18owt46rya.jpg

Also made this iDroid replica out of many layers of cardboard, a bottle cap, screws, a pen, foam Nerf dart tips, spray paint, and a lot of electrical tape. For the price of $0.00 it sure beats spending $100+ on those phone cases.
    611m8y9diub3.jpg

• Options
    Does anyone have advice on bringing cosplay weapons on a train? I'll be taking an Amtrak to Boston and I'll have a EVA foam version of Athena's sword from Borderlands which won't fit in a bag.
    End result will be similar to:

Athena-cosplay-props-shield-sword-accessories-lightup.jpg

Is this sci-fi/pretend enough to avoid any real complications?

• Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    JackWren wrote: »
    Does anyone have advice on bringing cosplay weapons on a train? I'll be taking an Amtrak to Boston and I'll have a EVA foam version of Athena's sword from Borderlands which won't fit in a bag.

Is this sci-fi/pretend enough to avoid any real complications?

Should be fine. If anything I'd be more worried about having room for it and not being bumped into and being damaged. I had a similar issue taking my plasma cutter replica on the bus to Boston but I said it was for a convention and showed them my badge and they were fine with it.

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Almost finishing up my Battlefield 4 Cosplay, I will be having a ME GUSTA Face On here and there as well. For any cosplayers I will be going around the convention recording for a Cosplay Music Video for my Youtube Channel.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    pardimatepardimate Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if a small (child size) wooden bat would be allowed? It's not sharp, gun-like or explosive, but it is still weapon-esque so I wanted to confirm.

IL8kkvS.png