Options

[Heroes of the Storm] If you will not serve me in this life, you will do so in the next!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Owl sniping was the best part of tyrande. :-(

I'll finally be back home on tuesday. Looking forward to some games with sylvanas

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Calling all Candymancers! Does tomorrow work to try and get a game in for anybody? I'm available most of the day I think.

I'm on!

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    i know a bunch of people have been having issues since the patch (and even prior) with all kinds of problems resulting in a lot of stuttery gameplay (@mmmig mentioned this a bunch of times). i don't know how many people are aware of this tool that blizzard has (i certainly wasn't)

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/looking-glass?utm_source=Internal-TechForum&utm_medium=Posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution

basically it runs a bunch of network diagnostics that you could theoretically run manually but this is slightly simpler. specially it just runs a ping, traceroute, and MTR.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Calling all Candymancers! Does tomorrow work to try and get a game in for anybody? I'm available most of the day I think.

I'm on!

Sunday? Or today? Too hard to check on my phone...

I'm up for candymancing tomorrow, Sunday!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Today (Saturday)

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ah. Nope then!

Good luck!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Tomorrow works for me too.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    bought murky because i hate my teammates and had 80k gold stored up for no reason. he's fun i guess, i feel like he's still a bit low damagewise.

getting stuck in a game with fast attacking ranged like TLV and Tychus in the same lane really makes the pufferfish useless it seems.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    bought murky because i hate my teammates and had 80k gold stored up for no reason. he's fun i guess, i feel like he's still a bit low damagewise.

getting stuck in a game with fast attacking ranged like TLV and Tychus in the same lane really makes the pufferfish useless it seems.

his damage does still feel low, but you have a lot of indirect impact on takedowns (similar to anub'arak) since you can slow, bubble to body block, and octograb if you go that route. plus pufferfish can zone pretty well.

• Options

his damage does still feel low, but you have a lot of indirect impact on takedowns (similar to anub'arak) since you can slow, bubble to body block, and octograb if you go that route. plus pufferfish can zone pretty well.

ya, i've been taking octograb for the pretty much autokill on squishies which is pretty good. compressed air pufferfish against teams that can't blow it up in .5 seconds is also super useful for zoning, yea. it's similar to jaina's blizzard, though i have to get the spacing and timing down since it's bigger but slower.

been trying the slime on pufferfish but rejuv bubble seems too useful for not eating it all the time against a bunch of comps, which keeps you living the dream.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    it depends on the comps, but i have actually not been taking rejuv bubble lately. murky is surprisingly durable especially with his now monster health regen. it certainly isn't bad or wrong, but play style wise i feel like i can get away with not having rejuv bubble. then again i usually take speed bubble at level 1 so that plays into it.

edit to avoid the double-post: i coudl've sworn there was a blue post talking about performance issues in hots since the latest patch and that they were working on releasing a hotfix soon. but now i can't find it anywhere, i wanted to see if there was an update. anyone else see this post or am i imagining things?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    it depends on the comps, but i have actually not been taking rejuv bubble lately. murky is surprisingly durable especially with his now monster health regen. it certainly isn't bad or wrong, but play style wise i feel like i can get away with not having rejuv bubble. then again i usually take speed bubble at level 1 so that plays into it.

edit to avoid the double-post: i coudl've sworn there was a blue post talking about performance issues in hots since the latest patch and that they were working on releasing a hotfix soon. but now i can't find it anywhere, i wanted to see if there was an update. anyone else see this post or am i imagining things?

it was about the suttering lag when sylvanas casts w or the horrible lag when the first temples spawn on sky temple. don't know if they have any fps stuff in there, maybe?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I've definitely had to lower some settings, and am still getting lower fps than before the last patch.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

ya, i've been taking octograb for the pretty much autokill on squishies which is pretty good. compressed air pufferfish against teams that can't blow it up in .5 seconds is also super useful for zoning, yea. it's similar to jaina's blizzard, though i have to get the spacing and timing down since it's bigger but slower.

been trying the slime on pufferfish but rejuv bubble seems too useful for not eating it all the time against a bunch of comps, which keeps you living the dream.

Octograb with a semi-competant team is just amazing. Such a great skill.

• Options
    wrath of cod + slimy puffer is prettttty hilarious. almost oneshot a malf by accident with it

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    So I just queued up as Jaina in Quick Match(for questing) and it tossed me into a Hero League draft.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    DudemanX wrote: »
    So I just queued up as Jaina in Quick Match(for questing) and it tossed me into a Hero League draft.

The game is trying to tell you something.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    DudemanX wrote: »

The game is trying to tell you something.

That the other team really needed a win.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I wish they would kick people for idling. We were down our muscle the whole game, it did not last long.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I wish they would kick people for idling. We were down our muscle the whole game, it did not last long.

If nothing else, that timer needs to be reduced to two minutes for AFK kick, though preferably even less.

Anything more than that is a lifetime in these short matches. If anyone has to be away for that long, GTFO.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Once the VoD is up for the 2ARC v coL game 5 from ESL, I highly recommend watching it for those who haven't. The game itself is very exciting, but the picks from both teams were very interesting - especially for a deciding game in the semi-finals.

• Options
    Once the VoD is up for the 2ARC v coL game 5 from ESL, I highly recommend watching it for those who haven't. The game itself is very exciting, but the picks from both teams were very interesting - especially for a deciding game in the semi-finals.

any idea where they will be posted to? or any spoilers?

• Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Just played a weird game where Abathur was getting mines behind our core somehow and using that vision to burrow in and drop nests. We caught on and made them pay and still won but it felt like some kind of exploit. Don't mines need vision to be dropped? They had no far sight or anything.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    no you can drop mines wherever, it's how abathur gets around mostly. he can only burrow to places with vision.

also dudeman sorry for that last game, think i played too many in a row and it got to me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

any idea where they will be posted to? or any spoilers?

No idea on the VoDs. I won't spoil who wins or how (because the game really was a lot of fun to watch), but one team took the old school Tyrael/Falstad combo and the other took Nova. In game 5. NOVA.

The reasoning was sound though. Jake and Cooby do a great job of theorycrafting as to why those comps were picked and how they might or might not work.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So if I've never played a proper MOBA before, enjoy beating up on bots with a 60-80% win rate don't laugh okay, and really am not particularly competitive in any way whatsoever, will trying quick match give me a coronary? I wouldn't, but I guess there's this XP cap thing... :p

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Hoping to get a few more games in tonight.

Had a flat tire with my three year old having a meltdown in the process. It's been a comedy of errors kind of afternoon :-(

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So if I've never played a proper MOBA before, enjoy beating up on bots with a 60-80% win rate don't laugh okay, and really am not particularly competitive in any way whatsoever, will trying quick match give me a coronary? I wouldn't, but I guess there's this XP cap thing... :p

Just jump into it, only way your going to ever learn to better is by trying.

Just remember that if anyone starts to be a jerk to you, to press tab, and then click the mute button for that person. You probably won't run into many, as hots is a little less toxic then other mobas atm.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Foomy wrote: »

Just remember that if anyone starts to be a jerk to you, to press tab, and then click the mute button for that person. You probably won't run into many, as hots is a little less toxic then other mobas atm.

Well, turned out finding a way to get my FPS above "crap" was a miracle worked for my ability, too. Eh. May as well try one. It doesn't keep track of losses anyway. :)

Edit: That was less fun than anticipated. Also, I don't think the "spin up" on Tychus's gun actually exists.

dporowski on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The bots in practice are practically brain-dead, and co-op ain't much better (I have a single co-op loss because pubs are fantastic), but the only way to get better is to play against people.

Unless the the Hard AI is available in custom games?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    The bots in practice are practically brain-dead, and co-op ain't much better (I have a single co-op loss because pubs are fantastic), but the only way to get better is to play against people.

Unless the the Hard AI is available in custom games?

There's actually something called "elite AI" in the custom games.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's probably the AI used when prolonging your loss by replacing a leaver with a bot.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    As far as AI goes there not bad really, just no replacement for a human.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The jump from practice to co-op was somewhat jarring at first. There's one big change between those AIs, in that the co-op ones actually hit you back when you hit them. Who'd of thought that'd be effective?

(I'm competent enough against medium DotA bots which means I really have no excuse to still be playing vs. any sort of HotS bots, but I still just have so little idea of how the game should flow vs. humans >.>)

Also still kind of bothered about there being no voice chat. If I'm Muradin I want to be able to quickly key my mic and say "hey guys, come along, I'm about to jump in an stun their healer." Getting the timing for initiations down is a pain without voice because either you're lagging behind the action by typing it out or you're being vague by pinging (pinging is fine for general communication, but not for pinpoint stuff like that), which consequently makes pubbing as a warrior (my favorite class) pretty irritating. No, I don't care about the 12-year-olds calling me names. There's a mute button. That's no excuse for feature deficiency.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The AI when someone leaves is bad if you dont have it follow a person

then it's still bad but at least it's no soloing a lane while you team fight or whatever

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The jump from practice to co-op was somewhat jarring at first. There's one big change between those AIs, in that the co-op ones actually hit you back when you hit them. Who'd of thought that'd be effective?

(I'm competent enough against medium DotA bots which means I really have no excuse to still be playing vs. any sort of HotS bots, but I still just have so little idea of how the game should flow vs. humans >.>)

Also still kind of bothered about there being no voice chat. If I'm Muradin I want to be able to quickly key my mic and say "hey guys, come along, I'm about to jump in an stun their healer." Getting the timing for initiations down is a pain without voice because either you're lagging behind the action by typing it out or you're being vague by pinging (pinging is fine for general communication, but not for pinpoint stuff like that), which consequently makes pubbing as a warrior (my favorite class) pretty irritating. No, I don't care about the 12-year-olds calling me names. There's a mute button. That's no excuse for feature deficiency.

I'd call the lack of voice chat a feature in and of itself. Like, there is absolutely nothing about the utter stomping I just experienced that would have been improved by voice chat.

dporowski on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I'd call the lack of voice chat a feature in and of itself. Like, there is absolutely nothing about the utter stomping I just experienced that would have been improved by voice chat.

did you not hear about the mute button or

like, at least Hero League should have an option for voice chat, since there's meant to be some semblance of competitiveness and organized teamwork. Especially since the five-stacks on vent are probably going to be sticking to team league instead, now that it's out.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    The AI when someone leaves is bad if you dont have it follow a person

then it's still bad but at least it's no soloing a lane while you team fight or whatever

Then not running as it gets jumped by their entire team.

Though even following you it's bad for that.

• Options
    Foomy wrote: »

Well, turned out finding a way to get my FPS above "crap" was a miracle worked for my ability, too. Eh. May as well try one. It doesn't keep track of losses anyway. :)

Edit: That was less fun than anticipated. Also, I don't think the "spin up" on Tychus's gun actually exists.

the windup was patched out....well kinda. it still ramps but starts immediately as of several patches ago.

enter "/join heroes of the wang" without quotes into the chat box. if i am in there i have no problem playing alongside people who are new and the same goes for many others. any suggestions or criticism offered is intended to be helpful.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Zagara shuts down Sylvanas pretty nicely I noticed..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.