Options

the weakness of western [chat]

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Regina, also keep in mind that the machine you buy for 200-400 bucks is not going to last you more than a year or two.

these things are made to break.

Just something to keep in mind since you are coming off having a laptop for 8 years. Spending a little bit more on something you plan to use every day is usually a good idea.

*shrugs*

If you're telling him to get a mac, just tell him to get a mac

Asus build quality is good and I've had $1k ROG laptops and budget ones too

Every brand just shoves different components into the same brand chassis; if you buy a $1k HP or Acer or Dell its as likely to break as their $400 offering

I've had an Asus netbook for almost 5 years now -- I broke the screen a couple years ago but that was like $50 to replace and it still works like a champ -- the battery doesn't hold up like it used to, I get barely over an hour if I'm really using it but it's decently powerful used to play SC2 on it all the time and lately it's just been stuff like Sentinels of the Multiverse

Only thing I've run into is YouTube tabs causing some slowdown on 2gb of ram

It's not awful, but it's noticeable

Also large Google Docs sometimes have issues

Could be the cpu there though

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I could go all mad max right now.

Where is my hockey mask and spikes?

I'll go grab my machete and steal a dune buggy

I'll bring the barbed wire and sheet metal to rig up the dune buggy and a sawed off shotgun

Who wants to help me make a flamethrower out of an industrial pesticide sprayer and a barbecue lighter

We can strap it to the buggy

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    he try to propose to nicki minaj but he is too late i got ther first

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    david_yost.png

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I'll bring the barbed wire and sheet metal to rig up the dune buggy and a sawed off shotgun

Who wants to help me rig up a flamethrower out of an industrial pesticide sprayer and a barbecue lighter

I get @arch and have him ride on my shoulders while I hack people up with a chainsaw

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Who wants to help me make a flamethrower out of an industrial pesticide sprayer and a barbecue lighter

Lets make a turret with nail guns and large clips.

Also we need more piercings.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    david_yost.png

I like to think you've spent all morning down a power rangers, or even better yet, david yost specific, wikihole.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    After Diff'rent Strokes: When the Laughter Stopped is probably the most amazing documentary name ever.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    re: Lady Aelys quest.
    Everyone in my party warned me not to touch the ominous cauldron of blood pooled from four sacrifices, so I did not.

But I wonder what might have been . . .

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The Assassin's Creed Chronicles games are sidescrolling platformers, a la the original Prince of Persia. Kind of like Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

They really need to just stick to a mainline Assassin's Creed game every two years or so. AC got Franchise Fatigue a LONG time ago, and only a sidequest into Pirate territory was able to rescue it.

Unity is on sale at a few stores new for $20. It might have sold poorly to go down in price five months later.

Oh, it sold badly for an AC game. Still moved millions of units, but below expectations.

That said, most AAA games are 20-30 bucks 5 months after release, sometimes less in a steam sale. the entire industry is based on the concept that the majority of sales are frontloaded, and you keep a tail by reducing the price quickly.

Only a few companies like Blizzard, Nintendo, etc. get away from this.

I can't wrap my head around $20 XBONE games so I will invent conspiracies to explain it.

Unsold copies of Unity to occupy same landfill as ET the Extraterrestrial Atari games!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    After Diff'rent Strokes: When the Laughter Stopped is probably the most amazing documentary name ever.

Playboy photographer

thats a juicy role there

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i hope The Powers that Be call me today.

I want to work, dangnabbit.

• Options

Alright so now all we gotta do is go take over an oil derrick and make it our outpost

There are a few in Colorado I can recommend. Also plenty of other crazies we can recruit to the cause.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    david_yost.png

He was also a producer on Temptation Island.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I found a steak in the fridge that I forgot was in there marinating. It is probably 10 days old? Maybe a full two weeks? I pan fried it up real good and now I am eating it for lunch and it is delicious, but I wonder if this is a bad idea. Not that I'm going to stop eating it even if it is.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4Z-lvMcYE

i don't know what kind of awful person posted this on my facebook. but i closed it out

and then

and then

something got in my eye.
    pretty much the saddest thing i'll see all day and if i don't pass it on knowing that it exists is just too terrible. i'm sorry chatterdoodles.

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS YOU MONSTER
    It Follows.

basically. i had to get it out of my system because i was weeping hysterically at my desk

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I found a steak in the fridge that I forgot was in there marinating. It is probably 10 days old? Maybe a full two weeks? I pan fried it up real good and now I am eating it for lunch and it is delicious, but I wonder if this is a bad idea. Not that I'm going to stop eating it even if it is.

10 days from the store? Normally 7 days is the cut off, but I am going to assume the marinade was salty, so it was basically resting in preservative. You are fine.

• Options
    That's what I told myself about the marinade. And then I told myself that I would just cook it a little more well done than I would otherwise to further take care of any ... problems. I'm sure I'll be fine!

• Options

Alright so now all we gotta do is go take over an oil derrick and make it our outpost

There are a few in Colorado I can recommend. Also plenty of other crazies we can recruit to the cause.

Why not one of the old ICBM silos up near Greeley or one of the plains towns that also have all the oil and natural gas derricks around them.

I think it would make a better base of operations with still lots of oil.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    ive been playing POE since 9:00 am

"oh ill just finish the 3 sidequests I have"

and then I found 9 more sidequests

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So, I'm still sick, the vet very bluntly told me yesterday our dog that we got a year before we got married is going to die within a year most likely. The coworker that beat me out on that job is leaving for it this week, and that has brought up all of these feelings of inadequacy. I took my last dose of prozac that I had on Saturday morning. I got sick early sunday morning. Haven't been able to pick up my meds, will get them today, but normally a couple of days isn't enough to make me notice anything. Only I forgot they doubled my dose and effects become more noticeable at higher doses.

And I guess all of the puking and pooping and sweating probably helped clear out a lot of the residuals.

And well, I've been holding it together pretty damn well

and now I'm not. Not at all. I am not OK. I am not OK at all.

sorry, lud. do you want me to film myself falling down some stairs or something? wish i could help.

@Ludious

• Options

Why not one of the old ICBM silos up near Greeley or one of the plains towns that also have all the oil and natural gas derricks around them.

I think it would make a better base of operations with still lots of oil.

Underground ICBM silo lair

Yes.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I got 50 minutes to do 10 minutes worth of work. I think it's time to get a cup of coffee, drink some water, and then finish the work leisurely.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    So, I'm still sick, the vet very bluntly told me yesterday our dog that we got a year before we got married is going to die within a year most likely. The coworker that beat me out on that job is leaving for it this week, and that has brought up all of these feelings of inadequacy. I took my last dose of prozac that I had on Saturday morning. I got sick early sunday morning. Haven't been able to pick up my meds, will get them today, but normally a couple of days isn't enough to make me notice anything. Only I forgot they doubled my dose and effects become more noticeable at higher doses.

And I guess all of the puking and pooping and sweating probably helped clear out a lot of the residuals.

And well, I've been holding it together pretty damn well

and now I'm not. Not at all. I am not OK. I am not OK at all.

sorry, lud. do you want me to film myself falling down some stairs or something? wish i could help.

@Ludious

....yes

I don't want to see any helmets or padding either

and as you fall I want you to say "Crusher, Out!"

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    They had an old missile silo for sale for like $125,000 most of the silo was inaccessbile though due to being derelict and falling apart.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Look, I know you were talking about In n' Out like 30 pages ago but I have to get my two cents in.

The reason in n out win over everything is the quality vs price point ratio. Nothing else even comes close.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    re: Lady Aelys quest.
    Everyone in my party warned me not to touch the ominous cauldron of blood pooled from four sacrifices, so I did not.

But I wonder what might have been . . .
    Skip to 1:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejayAkO9PM

• Options
    Why don't I have a pan-fried steak for lunch every day?

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i think it is hilarious that my friend is doing some arcane boardgame-y bullshit in england so everyone should go to this video and type S2 in the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDu9RHJEHSU

because what on earth is he even doing

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    how do you forget about steak

• Options
    david_yost.png

playboy photographer had a rich backstory

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Alzheimer's.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    It takes patience of forgetfulness to marinate a steak for 10 days. You would have to buy and forget a lot of steaks or start some kind of rotation.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Alzheimer's.

i haven't the foggiest of what you're talking about

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

*wipes tear from eye*
    I declare thee an honorary Texan.

• Options
    okay time to play tabletop simulator twilght struggle while i work

• Options
    Apparently Billy Cranston's name in Power Rangers was an homage to Bryan Cranston, AKA The dad in Breaking Bad in the Middle.

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    They had an old missile silo for sale for like $125,000 most of the silo was inaccessbile though due to being derelict and falling apart.

http://www.silohome.com/

Some turn out swanky.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    There were multiple steaks. Most were prepared and consumed but this one was "extra" as if such a thing can be possible.

• Options
    There were multiple steaks. Most were prepared and consumed but this one was "extra" as if such a thing can be possible.

there's no such thing as leftover crack

This discussion has been closed.