As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I play MPQ on and off

I refuse to spend any money on it though, so progress on that front has been slow

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Why is there no Miles Morales skin for Spider-Man, what is this nonsense?

They do have some skins in there I honestly didn't expect though. Scarlet Witch having a Wiccan skin was nice.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That Beta Ray Bill skin is also pretty snazzy.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    pffft haha, I bought Nova with the Gs I already had on my account and got a dupe Nova as my random hero

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    That Beta Ray Bill skin is also pretty snazzy.

if you have the Beta Ray team-up and put on the Beta Ray costume, your team-up turns into Thor

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So DC dropped 8 page stories for a batch of their upcoming June relaunches and Prez was one of them

I am...pretty disappointed

Really ham handed and not very funny and also they straight up actually use Anonymous and they might be good guys?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So, I'm reading this Super-Villain Team-Up

They retitled Justice league?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I was lucky to be hit by their first F2p marvel game , so I have a tolerance to being sucked in by all future ones.

Just thinking about going near another F2p marvel game makes me shudder like an ex drug addict

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Man installation via Steam is taking FOREVER

• Options
    Future Fight is basically perfect for me to play during my night audit at work

Especially with the Auto Play thing they have. If you beat a mission you can have the computer take over and autopilot it with basic attacks, and if you 3-Star a mission (you get 1 star for each of your 3 heroes that survive) they throw in their special moves

So instead of playing the same low level non-challenging stuff to grind for Biometrics and upgrade materials I can just set it to Auto play and go do things for a few minutes and come back to my rewards

It helps that it is also a mostly solid dungeon crawl action RPG to begin with which is a genre I can replay for a while

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Man installation via Steam is taking FOREVER

It's like 17 gigs, so yeah it's gonna take some time and a half to get going

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So someone pointed out that the biggest plot hole/gap in Hickman's run is what the fuck Nation X is/how it came to be

Cause uh

It seems like a very big deal and is treated like one after the time skip but here we are the day of Secret Wars launching and no book has shown what went down

Presumably it is a sovereign mutant nation led by Cyclops from the context clues but still a huge thing to kinda gloss over

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm well behind in Marvel Cosmic but just how dead is
    Richard Rider?

We talking MIA but everyone is assuming he's dead or full on dead

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Future Fight is basically perfect for me to play during my night audit at work

Especially with the Auto Play thing they have. If you beat a mission you can have the computer take over and autopilot it with basic attacks, and if you 3-Star a mission (you get 1 star for each of your 3 heroes that survive) they throw in their special moves

So instead of playing the same low level non-challenging stuff to grind for Biometrics and upgrade materials I can just set it to Auto play and go do things for a few minutes and come back to my rewards

It helps that it is also a mostly solid dungeon crawl action RPG to begin with which is a genre I can replay for a while

This might be the feature that I appreciate the most

it would have been easy for the developer's thought process to be
    - set up resources that upgrade gear
    - give each mission a chance to drop a small set of resources
    - players must then replay the levels a whole bunch
    - They can always pay if they don't want to grind

and they just went ... nah, we'll give them a feature that simplifies things.

(also, I've gone into missions with only one guy, won, and gotten three stars. It's definitely 1 star per hero if you have three active heroes. Not sure how it rounds if you play with 2 guys and lose one.)

edit: some minor complaints, of course: there's the occasional bit where the character doesn't move quite right (they seem to get 'stuck' in combat); the bosses scale crazily, especially in the hp department; and some features are poorly explained.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Yeah the bosses are definitely the hardest part due to being player characters scaled to crazy levels

I can go from beating the boss on one stage super easy because their specials are more AoE oriented or easily dodged and then the next is absolute murder despite being the same level

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Richard Rider?

Pretty dang dead but it was in another universe (that was collapsing) so he could always come back

Sam Alexander is gonna be Nova for the foreseeable future though. Dude is all over the place in non comics media

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So someone pointed out that the biggest plot hole/gap in Hickman's run is what the fuck Nation X is/how it came to be

Cause uh

It seems like a very big deal and is treated like one after the time skip but here we are the day of Secret Wars launching and no book has shown what went down

Presumably it is a sovereign mutant nation led by Cyclops from the context clues but still a huge thing to kinda gloss over

Bendis' run isn't finished yet? Might be how that concludes.

• Options
    Looking at the Spider-Man director shortlist

While I hope some of them absolutely do not land the job (namely Jared Hess who I am not a fan of and also is like the antithesis of a major superhero blockbuster director) it is a very good sign they're all comedy directors

Looks like they're leaning into Spider-Man being a funny motherfucker way harder than the previous two series

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Richard Rider?

He basically
    Merged with a cosmic cube so that he could send Peter Quill and Thanos back to the 616 dimension and his corpse has apparently popped up, allowing Nova to recover his helmet.

Basically he's dead with a super easy way of hand waving him coming back.

• Options

Cause uh

Bendis' run isn't finished yet? Might be how that concludes.
    He's got like 3 issues left though

That is a ton of ground to cover

Especially for Bendis of all writers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Like Bendis would/will have to go from the JGS and UXM crew still kind of hating each other's guts for the most part, Cyclops leaving the X-Men because he believes he has lost his way and shouldn't lead anyone and SHIELD butting heads with the new Utopian faction to Scott leading a sovereign nation of all mutants out of the Weapon X facility complete eith Sentinel Guards and a goddamn Phoenix Egg in 3 issues

Even if he does pull it off there is no way that doesn't feel super super rushed

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @Raijin Quickfoot

based on the rankings of people who have rankings similar to yours for all films sans Ultron

I'm predicting that you will rank Ultron at #5, possibly #4 if you are in a super good mood on the day

I am 100% happy for you to dodge this prediction deliberately

PS. butt

I would never.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think it is such a prime example of weird comic book shit that (spoilers about the dead character being discussed)
    Richard Rider being in another universe which was also collapsing at the time that he died actually increases his chances of coming back sooner or later

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Like Bendis would/will have to go from the JGS and UXM crew still kind of hating each other's guts for the most part, Cyclops leaving the X-Men because he believes he has lost his way and shouldn't lead anyone and SHIELD butting heads with the new Utopian faction to Scott leading a sovereign nation of all mutants out of the Weapon X facility complete eith Sentinel Guards and a goddamn Phoenix Egg in 3 issues

Even if he does pull it off there is no way that doesn't feel super super rushed
    I doubt he'll establish that much, just them founding the X-nation in the wake of reunification.

EDIT: Solicitations for the next issues
    All-New X-Men #41
    • Who are the Utopians? And what secret do they hold that pertains to the future of mutantkind?

• The All-New X-Men may regret finding out!

Uncanny X-men #35
    • Mystique returns to the pages of UNCANNY X-MEN—and she’s out for vengeance!

• Will Magik’s soulsword be enough to halt the shapeshifter’s wrath?

Uncanny X-men #600
    • The final explosive issue in Brian Michael Bendis’ epic X-Men saga!

• Scott Summers – savior or destroyer? Questions will be answered!

• The Jean Grey School, the New Xavier School – it’s all going to change.

• The X-Men are at a crossroads. And not everyone will make it through in one piece.

• Featuring 40 pages of a host of popular X-Men creators!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    meanwhile, Hulk, Captain, Hawkeye, Vision, Quicksilver, and technically Thor are all gender-neutral names/titles

Iron Man is the only gendered codename in the male side of the equation

minor AoU spoiler
    Falcon and War Machine/Iron Patriot are also gender-neutral
    Technically, Thor is gendered. The marvel comics universe is extremely unique in that it is non-gendered and a title.

Fencingsax on
  • Options

Well maybe it ends with the formation and a Last Days covers all that or am I mistaking what those are?

• Options
    That's why i said "technically"!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have been attempting to not shit the thread so much, so just know that the language pedant in me is scowling at your use of technically, because we have no indication in the films that Thor is used as it is in the comics, which only started being used like that less than a year ago. Just... Scowling.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Hahaha so there is a dude who has been bombarding Tom Brevoort with messaged about how Richard Rider is the only Nova ever since Sam Alexander ever appeared, only referring to Sam as NINO (Nova in Name Only) and now he just leaked a BIG HORRIBLE SPOILER from Secret Wars in an effort to get people angry at Marvel
    The Guardians of the Galaxy die in the first issue

However, so does literally everyone else

That's kind of the point. Everything dies and then Battleworld is born.

Funnily enough

Secret Wars
    All of them don't even die! Starlord made it out of there anyway.

Wish I could say the same for Val...

That's right an entire two universes died but I'm just sad Val died.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    In the spirit of superheroes vs other superheroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmKVE3NYMI

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Well maybe it ends with the formation and a Last Days covers all that or am I mistaking what those are?
    Last Days is right before Secret Wars

Even if it covers the basic formation of Nation X that's still a 8 month gap of no stories or info about this rogue mutant nation

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    In the comics Thor is his name but his godly powers and title are also Thor and that's exchangeable. It's been that way since Beta Ray Bill.

• Options
    random thoughts

In the MCU, three out of four Thor appearances have included a shirtless scene

Assuming Feige / Marvel is willing to give an actress the role (/ title / hammer)

what would be the least-gross equivalent?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    random thoughts

In the MCU, three out of four Thor appearances have included a shirtless scene

Assuming Feige / Marvel is willing to give an actress the role (/ title / hammer)

what would be the least-gross equivalent?

Probably just... not doing anything like that, I think

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I have been attempting to not shit the thread so much, so just know that the language pedant in me is scowling at your use of technically, because we have no indication in the films that Thor is used as it is in the comics, which only started being used like that less than a year ago. Just... Scowling.

That's ok. Scowl away. It's still technical because it is a codename that consists of a non-English word.

I in turn am scowling that you ignored the rest of the point that was being made. So now no one's happy!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I'm happy

I had a doughnut

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm not... marvel heroes is still downloading! so now I am cheering myself up by watching Matt Murdock in Stardust instead.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    I'm happy

I had a doughnut

man, it's been a while since I brought donuts to work

maybe I'll bring some on Friday

• Options
    Just give her Gugnir and called herself Freya (yes, I know she doesn't wield Gugnir.)

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think I have to get the Hawkguy costume

I think now is the time

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.