Options

Prime 2015 Registration Beckons

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    I saw something on Twitter about contacting paxsite about the 4x4 bug. What time did that actually get fixed? Is that something that they can even conceivably address for those that checked out prior? If so, I really did intend to get 3x4 or 4x4...grump.

On the plus side, I doubt you'll have any trouble "getting rid" of the extra....

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Oh, there are no extras. Instead I have friends bummed because they couldn't get on in time, and I was limited to two tickets (both of which are spoken for).

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    So freaking lucky that while training someone I walked back to my office. Got in line when Khoo rt'd.

I was totes wrong about the 20th. So much for my Wednesday theory.

Maybe Thor is Khoo's favorite Avenger and he was celebrating the movie release?

• Options
    jhangel77jhangel77 OlympiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Do you think they will have a re-sell of passes this year like last year? Unfortunately I was busy when passes went off. I hope they do, I met my boyfriend at PAX 5 years ago and it's always an awesome anniversary thing we do (and we were always lucky enough to get them). If they don't I'll be sad, but it's not the end of the world.

jhangel77 on
    Extremely lucky PAX Prime Veteran

k9p7ard7bbdt.png

"The couple who plays together, stays together."
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    jhangel77 wrote: »
    Do you think they will have a re-sell of passes this year like last year?
    I'd imagine. Won't be for another two months at least, though.

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    jhangel77 wrote: »
    Do you think they will have a re-sell of passes this year like last year? Unfortunately I was busy when passes went off. I hope they do, I met my boyfriend at PAX 5 years ago and it's always an awesome anniversary thing we do (and we were always lucky enough to get them). If they don't I'll be sad, but it's not the end of the world.

I hope you can get them, but so far, I can't even see any extras at all. Btw, awesome anniversary thing!

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I was literally driving on the freeway when the alert came through. However, that didn't prevent me from getting in the queue within 10 seconds of receiving the notification and getting my two sets and booking my first choice hotel! See you nerds at PAX!

Perestroika on
    It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Twitter is the official notification method :)
    Which is great...when Twitter actually works :/ My phone's Twitter app didn't send any notifications at all. I didn't find out about the tickets being onsale until a friend of mine asked in Skype if I was in the queue (which was too late to get the two days that my friends got :( )

Exact same for me. Twitter on my phone using notifications has been an utter pile any time I actually NEED the notification. But in two weeks I'm sure I'll get a notification when RKhoo tweets about his breakfast or something.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Twitter is the official notification method :)
    Which is great...when Twitter actually works :/ My phone's Twitter app didn't send any notifications at all. I didn't find out about the tickets being onsale until a friend of mine asked in Skype if I was in the queue (which was too late to get the two days that my friends got :( )

Exact same for me. Twitter on my phone using notifications has been an utter pile any time I actually NEED the notification. But in two weeks I'm sure I'll get a notification when RKhoo tweets about his breakfast or something.

*tweet alert* Rkhoo eats the tears of nerds for breakfast every day! Want to donate your tears? *fake link*

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    Amazingly enough, this was the one time my twitter alert came through for me. Text came in at 12:00, panicked, got in queue on two browsers and my phone, first browser pops, choose tickets, click next, realize I messed up, hit the browser back button, panicked, got back to the ticket page, got my tickets, and got my receipt at 12:15. Then I slid out of my chair and laid on the floor for a bit.

• Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    ticket maximum has been increased, 4 per day should have been the max. If you re-queue buy stay below 4 per day for your total order you will not be penalized.

Oh shit... I may have gone over by one day... Who do I talk too to cancel one of my tickets?? So sorry...

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Beker wrote: »
    ticket maximum has been increased, 4 per day should have been the max. If you re-queue buy stay below 4 per day for your total order you will not be penalized.

Oh shit... I may have gone over by one day... Who do I talk too to cancel one of my tickets?? So sorry...
    Any questions or issues with registration can be directed to pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    KarickKarick Registered User regular
    After going to 4 Primes in a row, then missing 4. I am headed back! Bringing three newbies as well.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Post PAX-F5 depression is real.

I've got my tickets and now it's just... waiting.

Let's play a game! (or something)

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular

Do you want to build a snowman?

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    JasonGreve wrote: »

Does it have to be a snowman?

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular

Besides the waiting game I will be reading "Ready Player One", playing PVZ GW and a little RE5 - my favorite, training on Dance Central...I totally want to rock a stage at Prime, and tending my garden...so I'm all set.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    shdwcaster wrote: »

Does it have to be a snowman?

It doesn't have to be a snowman.

Besides the waiting game I will be reading "Ready Player One", playing PVZ GW and a little RE5 - my favorite, training on Dance Central...I totally want to rock a stage at Prime, and tending my garden...so I'm all set.

I might have to re-read "Ready Player One," it's so much fun. And my wife does most of the work tending our garden (it's small, so there's not much that would require a second set of hands). I'm excited about our tomatoes though! They're doing really well already.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

Or ride our bikes around the halls?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    ceres wrote: »

Despite the added hall space, I think this will still be against the PAX terms of use.<grin>

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Despite the added hall space, I think this will still be against the PAX terms of use.<grin>

Look, I'm just saying I think some company is overdue; I've started talking to the pictures on the walls.

(Hang in there, Joan!)

• Options

Look, I'm just saying I think some company is overdue; I've started talking to the pictures on the walls.

(Hang in there, Joan!)

It gets a little lonely. :-(

All these empty rooms, watching the hours tick by.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options

(Hang in there, Joan!)

I'VE STARTED SOMETHING MAGICAL HERE PEOPLE, GET ON THE FROZEN FORUM SINGALONG SONG BANDWAGON!

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular

(Hang in there, Joan!)

I'VE STARTED SOMETHING MAGICAL HERE PEOPLE, GET ON THE FROZEN FORUM SINGALONG SONG BANDWAGON!

Why do I suddenly see the PAX prank here singing this behind Jerry and Mike? :)

• Options
    BARFnBARFn Registered User new member
    I'm surprised that badges went on sale at 2pm CT on May 7th without advance notice. Not to mention that it's now a day later and the main page at www.paxsite.com still says "Coming Soon" for Pax Prime instead of "On Sale Now" like Pax Dev says.

I was checking for badges several times each day for months now, including several times yesterday morning and no notice suggesting that badges were going on sale later in the day was posted. Seriously? Very unprofessional.

So I logged on at 6am CT this morning and all badges are sold out. I guess I'm used to buying tickets for sporting events, concerts, etc....where you know in advance what time you need to be online to attempt to get in queue....wow. Here I've been spending time and effort daily for months now and I fully expected at least a little advance notice. I had no idea I needed to check 6 times a day every day so I wouldn't miss it...WTF.

I'll have to buy tickets on the secondary market and pay 4-5 times the price...and I can live with that--but that's about $400 per day higher for my 3 family members to go. It's really unprofessional to not give advance notice (not even several hours or better yet--1 day). I went to Pax South last year (it was my first Pax) and I was really getting into the idea of going to a PAX each year, but I find it so offensive that Pax would treat its fans like this that all my enthusiasm to do so is gone.

Why decide to piss off a portion of your fan base, when there is no need to--genius.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2015
    Solelron wrote: »

(Hang in there, Joan!)

Why do I suddenly see the PAX prank here singing this behind Jerry and Mike? :)
    I have literally no idea what's going on here, but I know the pax prank won't be doing that ;)

well, at least not at this pax

zerzhul on
  • Options

(Hang in there, Joan!)

A bandwagon of isolation, and it looks like I'm the queen.

• Options
    I have literally no idea what's going on here, but I know the pax prank won't be doing that ;)

Pff, the cold never bothered me anyway.

• Options
    edited May 2015

@ceres ? Please I know you're in there.... People are asking where you've been..

JasonGreve on
  • Options

@ceres ? Please I know you're in there.... People are asking where you've been..

They say "have courage" and I'm trying to

• Options
    edited May 2015

You obviously don't have a 3-year old daughter who demands to have the soundtrack to 'Frozen' on perma-repeat in your car.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    BARFn wrote: »
    I'm surprised that badges went on sale at 2pm CT on May 7th without advance notice. Not to mention that it's now a day later and the main page at www.paxsite.com still says "Coming Soon" for Pax Prime instead of "On Sale Now" like Pax Dev says.

I was checking for badges several times each day for months now, including several times yesterday morning and no notice suggesting that badges were going on sale later in the day was posted. Seriously? Very unprofessional.

So I logged on at 6am CT this morning and all badges are sold out. I guess I'm used to buying tickets for sporting events, concerts, etc....where you know in advance what time you need to be online to attempt to get in queue....wow. Here I've been spending time and effort daily for months now and I fully expected at least a little advance notice. I had no idea I needed to check 6 times a day every day so I wouldn't miss it...WTF.

I'll have to buy tickets on the secondary market and pay 4-5 times the price...and I can live with that--but that's about $400 per day higher for my 3 family members to go. It's really unprofessional to not give advance notice (not even several hours or better yet--1 day). I went to Pax South last year (it was my first Pax) and I was really getting into the idea of going to a PAX each year, but I find it so offensive that Pax would treat its fans like this that all my enthusiasm to do so is gone.

Why decide to piss off a portion of your fan base, when there is no need to--genius.
    I'll jump in here- only one PAX Event has ever given advance notice as to ticket sales- PAX East 2014. Every single other one has had at best a vague 'Sometime this month' alert to them.

The one time they had advance notice of the day...was, well, a complete and utter cluster****- server for tickets, hotels, etc...all crashed under the enormous of load of thousands of people F5ing at once. And naturally, people complained about the date because they had real-life commitments that could not get out of (Class, hospital visits, meetings, flights, etc.).

No matter what they do, people will be left out- demand far, FAR outstrips supply for the event. No matter what they do, they will have people mad at them. Further, by not announcing the date, they make it harder on scalpers as well- an earlier announcement date means that scalpers know when they need people to start buying tickets, unannounced leaves them just as much in the lurch as everyone else and they'll be less likely to scrape up tickets and sell them off at a rate of 4-5 times the sticker price.

I'm sorry you didn't get them, but there's not much that can be done about that- there's no such thing as a perfectly fair system- no matter what they do, people are gonna get it in the shorts.

As to the initial PAX Site page, I cannot make any comment on that, but the main PAX Prime page does list tickets as sold out.

zerzhul on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

This is how PAX badges are nearly always sold. I believe there was only one where they pre-anounced the precise time of sales. And the site was hammered. So the closest they come is hints. Would it really be better to be like SDCC and Blizzcon that announce the sales date and sell out in seconds?

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    GreatfritoGreatfrito Registered User regular
    Not to.... interrupt your sing-along, but...

First year buying my own passes, second year going (success!).
    But I did have to deal with: 2 credit cards failing (they work fine everywhere else), putting it on our debit, only being able to grab 2 badges of each day at a time, and having to queue a second time. And having my hotel queue time out while I was dealing with all this.

Still, managed to get four full sets and a room, so that I can bring my wife, brother-in-law, and cousin with me this year.

It's a whole day later now, and I'm still in a bit of shock. I keep thinking "Man, there's no way that worked" and checking that I really do have four sets confirmed.

• Options
    teebone8291teebone8291 Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    well you have to understand that if Pax have a advance notice, everyone will be waiting at the front of the website just wait "and keep refreshing too causing the slow down for the site" (which included the ticket shark which will tell it people "alot of them" to buy it out before we can get them is original pricing) just look at CCSD and you see. better luck next year. what you need to do now is find someone which was lucky to get a extra ticket and his friend bailout on him or just sign up on the twitter PAX site to get twitt about the PAX via text. they MIGHT have some more later before pax prime. but that if.

hope that help and understand why PAX don't have Advance Notice... to me is Very professional and i like it.

BTW next year sign up (10 month in advance) on the https://twitter.com/official_pax and signup for twitt Via text is a lot better way to know when the ticket come out. (got ticket 2 year straight like that no need to check website everyday)

teebone8291 on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Every possible method will piss off a portion of their fan base. There is literally no way to make everyone happy when the situation is that there are more people than space.

Quid on
  • Options
    GreatfritoGreatfrito Registered User regular
    I knew I was trying to get my own passes this year (instead of piggybacking on friends), so I did my research, learned the stuff people are saying in this thread, and got a Plan B and Plan C ready (in case I was somewhere where -I- couldn't get the passes myself).

Even with some glitches and mishaps, it worked out. Better than I was expected (but as well as I hoped!).

Nothing really surprising, from what I looked in to.

• Options
    LairdLaird Registered User regular
    Everyone in my group got tickets, with the exception of two who were on a plane flight for a vacation. Them's the breaks, if you want passes plan ahead.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular

I live in Montreal. The weather FINALLY started getting nice (in a hurry) only a couple of weeks ago. Do not mention snow to me or there will be....consequences. Yes, consequences most dire.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    BARFnBARFn Registered User new member
    That's interesting that PAX always has had no advance notice...as I said before, I'm new to PAX.

I guess all those other companies that give advance notice and where you hope you get in queue early enough to get your tickets/product must be doing it wrong (e.g., concerts, sports, apple iphone releases).

Personally, I guess I'm used to being able to fight the crowds and sometimes losing out to the queues and feel like I generally had a fair chance in those situations as compared to everyone else. More like a lottery. Here, I get the feeling that I missed the lottery and never had a chance at all.

I suppose if their systems can't handle the queues -- that might be some justification, but I would expect that in this day and age, there are ways of leasing bandwidth to handle it or using a third party to sell tickets like Ticketmaster.

Then again, their real failure here is the fact that they have a show that more people want to go to that they don't have room for. It's too bad Seattle can't accommodate a venue that could hold twice as many people.

This discussion has been closed.