Options

Witness the [Movie] Thread! It lives! It dies! It lives again!

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Speaking of the Doof Wagon, I love how
    the guitar music synched up with the blind guitarist, stopping and starting when he was fumbling due to Max fighting on the vehicle.

There are several scenes where the audience hears what the character hears. Like when
    Furiosa shoots the rifle next to Max's head, there's a high pitched whine as if a gun had gone off next to the audiences' ears. When Max gets knocked down by the crossbow bolt, the sound cuts out.

That seems to be the intent of the scene where Furiosa had learned about how the Green Place is gone and she walks away, drops her prosthetic arm, kneels, and screams. The sound becomes faded and you don't hear the scream. The implication was that the revelation shocked her so much that it numbed all her senses and the world became much more distant to her.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pacific Rim never tried to be more than it was...a movie with giant robots punching giant monsters.

and I loved it.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    saw fury road this afternoon, and some guy brought his kids. like, a 5 and 7 year old.

I thought I had spaced out and walked into the wrong theater

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mad max was incredible
    It was a revelation

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Like, regardless of what I thought about this, I would still totally go see a Furiosa film

All accounts point to you being in luck!

http://www.theqandapodcast.com/2015/05/mad-max-fury-road-george-miller-q.html
    We’ve got one screenplay [for the second film] and a novella [for the third]. It happened because with the delays [on 'Fury Road'], and writing all the backstories, they just expanded. [The second one] is called ‘The Wasteland.’ ‘Mad Max: The Wasteland.’

What was it called before "The Wasteland"?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Sequel-Ready-Go-66488.html
    Mad Max: Furiosa

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am guessing the reason for the name change is because they incorporated a lot of the ideas for Furiosa into this one

Fury Road was basically a Furiosa movie with Max as a supporting character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Fury Road tops Pacific Rim for my all time favorite movie.

If Pacific Rim was a focused as Fury Road, then I would hang myself because there's nothing more to live for.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmm, I honestly don't know if I like Pacific Rim or Fury Road more

I like the concept of PR much more but the movie was obviously far from flawless; whereas I have no complaints about Fury Road but I didn't have nearly as much fun watching it

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forgot to make the standard post afterwards...

WITNESS ME

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Fury Road in 3D is incredible

it's been 2 1/2 hours and I still have adrenaline from it

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I just saw Interstellar.

It is now my belief that Fury Road is what was going on in Australia during the events of Interstellar's first act.

Considering all of the foreign people in fury road, it's pretty obvious that we just conquered the world.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also, visually, it's pretty obviously not set in Australia.

• Options
    I bought Interstellar the day it came out and I still haven't watched it.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Walking out of the theater after seeing Fury Road and everything just seems too . . . quiet and peaceful.

I had to sit for a few minutes to let my heart calm down.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Like, regardless of what I thought about this, I would still totally go see a Furiosa film

We’ve got one screenplay [for the second film] and a novella [for the third]. It happened because with the delays [on 'Fury Road'], and writing all the backstories, they just expanded. [The second one] is called ‘The Wasteland.’ ‘Mad Max: The Wasteland.’

http://twitchfilm.com/2010/07/george-miller-working-on-not-one-but-two-new-mad-max-films.html
    Twitch has just learned that George Miller is working on not one but TWO new Mad Max films, the duo slated to be shot back to back. The title already known to the public is Mad Max: Fury Road and word is that Fury Road will be followed immediately by Mad Max: Furiosa. The two films will reportedly be shot back to back for rapid release.

It lived, it died, it lives again.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I forgot to make the standard post afterwards...

WITNESS ME

WITNESS HIM!!!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    don't get me wrong, i like pacific rim. but it has all this cool world-building stuff and all these cool minor characters and all this whispers of awesome scenes. and that montage in the beginning!

and then we get the blandest lead with the most boilerplate plot.

the fights were neat, but like, i wanna know more about the three cats who run the chinese robot. or what the deal with all those russians was. or even why that australian guy became such a prick.

instead i gotta follow this white as hell meat babyface and that isn't fair

but again, the fights were super neat so, at least it delivered there

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    don't get me wrong, i like pacific rim. but it has all this cool world-building stuff and all these cool minor characters and all this whispers of awesome scenes. and that montage in the beginning!

and then we get the blandest lead with the most boilerplate plot.

the fights were neat, but like, i wanna know more about the three cats who run the chinese robot. or what the deal with all those russians was. or even why that australian guy became such a prick.

instead i gotta follow this white as hell meat babyface and that isn't fair

but again, the fights were super neat so, at least it delivered there

Yeah this is sort of where I'm at with it

It was a super cool universe in a movie that was merely okay

I definitely liked it a lot more than I didn't, though

• Options
    edited May 2015

http://twitchfilm.com/2010/07/george-miller-working-on-not-one-but-two-new-mad-max-films.html
    Twitch has just learned that George Miller is working on not one but TWO new Mad Max films, the duo slated to be shot back to back. The title already known to the public is Mad Max: Fury Road and word is that Fury Road will be followed immediately by Mad Max: Furiosa. The two films will reportedly be shot back to back for rapid release.

It lived, it died, it lives again.

That link says 2010 and mentions Fury Road hasn't even been shot yet

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Also, visually, it's pretty obviously not set in Australia.

Well...nature getting in the way and all.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Seriously

Lead dude in Pacific Rim whose name is not worth me looking up

Why would you cast him in anything

He's as bland as Avatar-dude

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Seriously

I dunno

I liked him on Sons of Anarchy so that puts him leagues ahead of Sam Worthington

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Seriously

I dunno

I liked him on Sons of Anarchy so that puts him leagues ahead of Sam Worthington

Please trigger all mentions of Sons of Anarchy, tia

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I thought he was fine

I mean he was only fine, nothing spectacular

But the real main character of Pacific Rim was Rinko Kinkuchi's character, who was fucking rad, so

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    charlie hunnam's character served a similar function to hardy's, where they were the 'main character' while their counterpart stole the show

mako mori and other dude were fine, but furiosa and mad max totally outclassed them

i prefer robits to cars and i saw pacific rim in theaters three times, but all action movies are mediocre before fury road

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yeah, except that Max wasn't stupid.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I liked Pacific Rim a lot in spite of the cliches, but yeah the most memorable parts of the movie, to me, are all from the side characters, and I definitely would've liked to have seen more of the other Jaeger pilots. Mako was indeed awesome though.

Also, OH MY GOD does the new Terminator look dumb as hell.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hey guys

The Bratz movie is insane

Watching this is like watching an unironic Wet Hot American Summer

I mean that in the best way possible

Watch this flick

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I don't think I can ever watch the new Terminator movie because it will raise my blood pressure to fatal levels

I still get angry when I think about Terminator Salvation and how not a single goddamned thing in that movie made sense

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey guys

The Bratz movie is insane

Watching this is like watching an unironic Wet Hot American Summer

I mean that in the best way possible

Watch this flick

Maybe I could use a dose of Brattitude.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    saw fury road this afternoon, and some guy brought his kids. like, a 5 and 7 year old.

I thought I had spaced out and walked into the wrong theater

Any chance you where at the AMC in Highlands Ranch? Or are idiots bringing little kids to R rated movies a growing problem?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I saw a few R rated movies as a kid I think?

Maybe around 10 or 12 though?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my dad brought me to see starship troopers when it came out and I was uh

8?

fuck, what a great movie

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the first R rated theatre experience I remember having is seeing Terminator 2 in the theatre when I was 9

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I thought he was fine

I mean he was only fine, nothing spectacular

But the real main character of Pacific Rim was Rinko Kinkuchi's character, who was fucking rad, so

Fury Road follows its example of having the movie follow the guy who's job is to basically enable the actual hero to do her thing.

Obviously we can't have the movies follow the ladies instead, because derp, female lead in an action movie? :rotate:

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Not that I'm endorsing bringing young kids to mature movies, but Fury Road is barely even a true R, content wise.

There is only one or two scenes, one of which you will literally miss if you blink, that might have edged it over and even that's debatable.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    My first movie memories is from the movie 'The Blob', and now horror movies is my favorite genre!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    My first movie memories is from the movie 'The Blob', and now horror movies is my favorite genre!

Man, the 1988 remake had some fucked up death scenes.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The sequence in the cinema form the 1988 Blob fucking scarred me as a kid. I found its practical effects even more disturbing than the thing.

• Options
    Man the phone booth scene had me running underneath my bed while my parents laugh and holler at me when I was a kid.

That movie is such a gem!

This discussion has been closed.