As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey, [chat]. We're not gonna get away with this, will we?

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Neco how does a double post happen several posts apart!

Geth grabs random posts from the nether wastes and releases them as converted minions to the void.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    PC gamers crack me up sometimes tho

GTA V didn't launch with a PC version and they flipped their fucking shit about it

Rockstar waited over a year to launch a version that runs 4K 60fps on the PC, did it properly and nobody complained about the quality of the release

instead of releasing a jank-ass port just to align with the console launches

WB makes fuckin' sure that the PC launch for Arkham Knight corresponds with the console launch

and it's a fuckin trainwreck

welp

nerds

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Well, he is.

Chris O'Donnell I mean.

Neco on
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Drafts + mobile!

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    If you poll your average person they will say Batman & Robin was the worst batman movie.
    If you poll your average gay they will say Batman & Robin was pretty good.

The whole thing was high camp and hilarious.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Facebook Friend:
    Today I won a copy of Batman: Arkham Knight from the generous angels at DESTRUCTOID and DLCompare.com because I left a comment saying I thought Chris O'Donnell's Robin was "kinda hot."
    Today, I won.
    chris-odonnell-robin.jpg

Robin nipples.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i almost forgot to mention that the dc metro area radio has a new weird ad about how maybe you should consider catholicism because the pope is cool idk

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    @ronya @Apothe0sis

as usual

comments are pretty on point.

Singer is, if nothing else, a consistent shining example of why academic freedom is important.

@MrMister
    It feels strange to want to read and respond positively to comments on the internet.

I went and read the Barnes article as recommended and found no obvious link beyond the very general "disability is discussed".

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Drafts + mobile!

Ahh, mobile strikes again!

Although I see now that the second post instead features a startling personal revelation.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I still don't understand why hololens is preferable to actual VR. I can see it for board games, but since its on xbone, how much of that can we really expect? I feel like everything it will be usable for, while neat, will just be something that could have been done more immersively in VR. I REALLY want to play a strategy game or city building game in a similiar perspective to that mine craft demo. That seems like an amazing experience. I just think I'd rather have that perspective in VR, instead of being limited by my physical space.

Morpheus is limited by the PS4.

Hololens is a PC-focused product that is getting XBO support, and they are thinking WAY beyond games for it.

edit: they are two completely different products doing two completely different things. It will not be an AR vs. VR war. It will be a VR war between oculus and Valve and Sony, and then AR off doing its own thing really well.

I guess I just don't really see what AR will do. All I know is the mine craft demo. It looked awesome. Genuinely jaw dropping. But it also left me wondering why you would want the game limited to a table when you could just have it take up the whole field of view with VR.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I still don't understand why hololens is preferable to actual VR. I can see it for board games, but since its on xbone, how much of that can we really expect? I feel like everything it will be usable for, while neat, will just be something that could have been done more immersively in VR. I REALLY want to play a strategy game or city building game in a similiar perspective to that mine craft demo. That seems like an amazing experience. I just think I'd rather have that perspective in VR, instead of being limited by my physical space.

Hololens is a PC-focused product that is getting XBO support, and they are thinking WAY beyond games for it.

edit: they are two completely different products doing two completely different things. It will not be an AR vs. VR war. It will be a VR war between oculus and Valve and Sony, and then AR off doing its own thing really well.

I guess I just don't really see what AR will do. All I know is the mine craft demo. It looked awesome. Genuinely jaw dropping. But it also left me wondering why you would want the game limited to a table when you could just have it take up the whole field of view with VR.

why do you keep saying "limited to a table" about AR stuff?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My guess is I will end up with morpheus and maybe the htc/valve one.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Looks like I wont be homeless next week!
    With shelter and a sandwich of your choosing the next things to organise are warmth, sex and sleep.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Because I cannot afford to tune out like that all the time. Being able to play a game and still see / talk to Summer or field a work phone call is a good thing sometimes.

Or maybe I want to have it at my desk and I could theoretically have a dozen fake monitors around my main display that I can put stuff on without actually compromising desk space.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

That was how the mine craft demo worked. It put the game on the table and he had to scroll around on the table to see more of the world. It was a really amazing demo. But I feel like constraining it to fit on a physical surface doesn't have an upside. Maybe i'm missing something.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I enjoy my PS4

It is a fun system

Also it gets MGSV ahead of all other systems, making the price of entry immediately worth it

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Looks like I wont be homeless next week!
    With shelter and a sandwich of your choosing the next things to organise are warmth, sex and sleep.

The second goal solves the first goal, but is mutually exclusive with the third.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

That was how the mine craft demo worked. It put the game on the table and he had to scroll around on the table to see more of the world. It was a really amazing demo. But I feel like constraining it to fit on a physical surface doesn't have an upside. Maybe i'm missing something.

you are indeed.

which would take about a zillionth of the time you've spent complaining about the hololens to just look up

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    My guess is I will end up with morpheus and maybe the htc/valve one.

Wheras I will end up with a Rift because John Carmack / Palmer Luckey are two of the brightest minds in the industry and there wouldn't even be a VR headset war were it not for Luckey.

I will probably get a hololens also, depending on what the final field of view is.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Flight cancelled.

Back in my childhood bedroom.

LA does not want me back.

I enjoy my Bloodborne machine.

It is very good at running Bloodborne, which is a quality I value.

case in point tho:

n5mwfjgu1a9f.jpg

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    @ronya @Apothe0sis

as usual

comments are pretty on point.

Singer is, if nothing else, a consistent shining example of why academic freedom is important.

@MrMister
    It feels strange to want to read and respond positively to comments on the internet.

I went and read the Barnes article as recommended and found no obvious link beyond the very general "disability is discussed".
    I'm v opposed to shit that Tim Hunt said on a scientific basis because as a scientist he should present evidence for his claims other than the experiential. That being said, the attack on philosophers of late for doing philosophy is the dumbest goddamn shit and highlights why tenure is really damn important.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I enjoy my PS4

It is a fun system

Also it gets MGSV ahead of all other systems, making the price of entry immediately worth it

… but what if it turns out MGSV isn't good?

Because I cannot afford to tune out like that all the time. Being able to play a game and still see / talk to Summer or field a work phone call is a good thing sometimes.

Or maybe I want to have it at my desk and I could theoretically have a dozen fake monitors around my main display that I can put stuff on without actually compromising desk space.

I'm very sympathetic to the former. I also like to be able to talk to my wife while I play games. But strapping a big headset on feels inherently more isolating to me than sitting on the couch playing a game, regardless of whether you are totally immersed or not. The headset itself seems like a barrier to communication. I imagine my wife asking me to take it off if she wants to talk about something.

emnmnme wrote: »
    I enjoy my PS4

It is a fun system

You don't play MGS because it's good

Part of that isolation is of course that when you wear a headset (AR or VR) you are literally excluding the people with you from seeing what you see.

I enjoy my PS4

It is a fun system

Also, MGSV is coming out on the same day for every single platform except PC, which is seeing a 2 week delay

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    im here for the vr hatsune miku oculus rift sex experiences

obF2Wuw.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    If you poll your average person they will say Batman & Robin was the worst batman movie.

Uma Thurman and Arnold Schwarzenegger in particular embraced their campy dialogue fully. There are a lot of things I do actually like about the movie. Though obviously it was not for everyone.

And Chris O'Donnell was and still is hot, and the bat costumes were certainly hot in a very rubber fetishy way.

I'm very sympathetic to the former. I also like to be able to talk to my wife while I play games. But strapping a big headset on feels inherently more isolating to me than sitting on the couch playing a game, regardless of whether you are totally immersed or not. The headset itself seems like a barrier to communication. I imagine my wife asking me to take it off if she wants to talk about something.

Alternatively, make your wife put a headset on if she wants to talk to you.

Uma Thurman and Arnold Schwarzenegger in particular embraced their campy dialogue fully. There are a lot of things I do actually like about the movie. Though obviously it was not for everyone.

And Chris O'Donnell was and still is hot, and the bat costumes were certainly hot in a very rubber fetishy way.
    I realllly liked it as a kid.
    Didn't really understand why then. :P

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't even know what a shenmue is and all these people are talking about it

Basically someone killed your dad

So you went on a quest where you learned new fighting moves, rod a motorcycle, talked to people involved, did some blue collar work, bought cheap toys out of machines, warmed your hands at the steam make when it was cold, and pet a cat.

And then eventually you looked in to that whole murder thing too.

case in point tho:

n5mwfjgu1a9f.jpg

It's neat. It's really really neat. But its still space constrained. To me it feels like a really neat trick of gimmick, personally.

I won't buy rift because I'm not giving money to facebook, and I don't like that it uses samsung displays. I know that's my own thing though.

im here for the vr hatsune miku oculus rift sex experiences

Ugh, you would have sex with the inferior vocaloid

Megurine Luka is too good for you anyway

I have a question about VR

Is there a way to make it so that when someone wants my attention outside of my virtual reality, it isn't necessarily heart attack inducing?

My experience with an Oculus devkit also suggests it's easy to punch your friends in the face accidentally >_>

"accidentally"

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elder Scrolls Online is dogshit

And I can't stop playin it

Halp

Wqdwp8l.png
    I don't like that it uses samsung displays.

Pretty sure this means you need to get rid of a lot of your apple stuff.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    If holo lens actually works well for virtual monitors to do work on though, I will be all over that. That would change my life.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I enjoy my PS4

It is a fun system

u shut ur mouth, etc.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.