Options

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Is that a panda ferret? He doesn't look like he has the red eyes that albinos like Tucker has.

Also where did you get those ceramic clip-on food dishes from? I only ever find the garbage plastic ones that they chew up.

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    Ranger and @World as Myth 's Frodo the presh adopted-brothers they are
    s0PY2Nzm.jpg

He's super goofy but I have no idea where he gets it
    0t0w1PWm.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    good corbs

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Ugh

My corgi wants are so real. Want to snuggle that dog.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My kitty needs a vet visit. :(

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    Ugh

My corgi wants are so real. Want to snuggle that dog.
    only problem is you gotta vac them corbs

vac em real good

• Options
    I'm more than tempted to steal my sister's dog. It was one of those Oh this puppy is so cute and we don't know anything about this breed accidents and it drives me nuts.

They have an Australian Shepard that just gets no running time and has been actively climbing her way over the fence because she's so bored.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I went to a pet shop yesterday and they were boarding someone's pet prairie dog. I've never interacted with a prairie dog before, but damn it now I want one.

That adorable little bastard would stick his head between the bars of the cage so you could pet his snout, then he would bark and buck and frolic to the back of his cage, dig in the hay a little, then run right back and grab your finger for more petting.

It's a need I didn't realize I had!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh jeez
    that's so ... ugh. I'm not into high-maintenance dogs so I'd never get a shepherd or a kelpie-type, but dang if you have one you exercise the fuck out of the thing.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    My kitty needs a vet visit. :(

poor kitty

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    oh jeez
    that's so ... ugh. I'm not into high-maintenance dogs so I'd never get a shepherd or a kelpie-type, but dang if you have one you exercise the fuck out of the thing.

Exactly. I would never consider an Aussie on my own just because I know I wouldn't be able to devote the time it would need. I would have to have help between my work schedule and my own energy level. They just knew nothing about the breed when they got it.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    My dag does not like fireworks. :(

eiG7wynl.jpg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
  • Options
    Haechi looks like a completely different dog without all that fur. It's so bizarre.

• Options
    we had a lot of very upset pets not to mention their very upset owners with assholes shooting off illegal fireworks right by our windows until the early morning hours

thankfully the police were pretty on top of that shit

• Options
    Mabel finally caught a possum the other day

11069695_10152936513867475_1178581257816118232_n.jpg?oh=103478ed26f32b95c659c9211fee8a25&oe=56348A76
    (stock footage: possum hunting)

It was a geriatric possum and couldn't move fast, so when she got to it, it lay down, rolled over onto its back and waited for death
    Of course, she thought that meant it was playing. My sister had to wrestle Mabel off a psychologically traumatized (but physically unharmed) possum and put it back in a tree.

Unfortunately all this has just reinforced Mabel's belief that possums are tiny weird dogs that want to be friends.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My puppy threw up in our bed today! Three times! While I was asleep and my boyfriend was in the shower.

She's apparently a very quiet vomiter. My boyfriend said if he didn't catch her doing it he wouldn't have known. She made no noise

• Options
    @Keith any idea what was wrong? Something she ate?

@Tynic That is one of my favorite breeds. I've been seeing a lot of them around my area recently and I just want to snuggle all of them.

• Options
    bernese are SO friendly and placid and cuddly, it should be a crime

• Options
    they are actually small bears

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    My puppy threw up in our bed today! Three times! While I was asleep and my boyfriend was in the shower.

She's apparently a very quiet vomiter. My boyfriend said if he didn't catch her doing it he wouldn't have known. She made no noise

that's... great? awful?

help me out here

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Nah we don't know. She didn't eat anything weird (that we know of) yesterday and the last thing she had was a treat around 9pm, then threw up around 730am today. It looked like it was mostly bile.

The third time she threw up was after we got back from the park. That was bile and grass. She didn't have to go up and vomit on the bed, but she did anyway!

She was acting fine today and was running around with dogs in the park for a while (both before and after the third puking), so I think she just had an upset tummy.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    they are actually small bears

Oh god @Lost Salient what was the breed of dog your aunt and uncle had? It was like a small bear.

I just wanted to find a toddler to ride it like a dire wolf. A very slow dire wolf.

• Options
    the first Siamese bernese mountain dogcat

Bernese+Mountain+puppy+playing+with+its+friend+cat.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hahaha Bear is a Leonberger.

cHlCIMXl.jpg

Guess what they have now.

A Great Dane puppy.

qxlNWFml.jpg

B0dKHjSl.jpg

uUYXscvl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Look at those paws!

• Options
    Look at those paws!

hey mister

my paws are down here

• Options
    Oh my god I want to move into that house

• Options
    Nah we don't know. She didn't eat anything weird (that we know of) yesterday and the last thing she had was a treat around 9pm, then threw up around 730am today. It looked like it was mostly bile.

The third time she threw up was after we got back from the park. That was bile and grass. She didn't have to go up and vomit on the bed, but she did anyway!

She was acting fine today and was running around with dogs in the park for a while (both before and after the third puking), so I think she just had an upset tummy.

Hey hey this is not at all in order to freak you out or anything but be sure that it's not ehrlichia or anything - she hasn't gotten any ticks at all, right? Just given your area of residence and the fact that my poor puppers got it and it made him vomit regularly for like a week, I'm super paranoid. In his case he got it from a tick bite even though he was on tick medicine, and it made him sick for a week, but they track his white blood cell count now once a year just to make sure there aren't lasting side effects. Vomiting is most common but it can apparently also cause seizures and death. :(:(

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

Riiiiight?! I already bought my dang tickets to the shore so I can't fly to VA first and smoosh that dang dog

I'm fully lobbying for them to drive to North Carolina with her. Her name is Kazul like the dragon in Dealing with Dragons.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

Riiiiight?! I already bought my dang tickets to the shore so I can't fly to VA first and smoosh that dang dog

I'm fully lobbying for them to drive to North Carolina with her. Her name is Kazul like the dragon in Dealing with Dragons.

Uggggghhhhh that just makes it woooooooorse

Need to pet that dawg

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Is that a panda ferret? He doesn't look like he has the red eyes that albinos like Tucker has.

Also where did you get those ceramic clip-on food dishes from? I only ever find the garbage plastic ones that they chew up.

I don't recall the breed offhand, he's masked or bandit or somesuch.

We got the dishes from amazon.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I posted about him in the Snugglehug thread, but this seems just as appropriate.

We adopted a black shorthair cat from a shelter a little over a week ago. Named him Vivi (from FFIX).

The entire first week, he took to hiding from us - under the couch, under a bookcase, on top of our kitchen cabinets. He was never violent though. If we reached out to pet him, he would accept it, but we couldn't tell if he was being receptive.

Until Saturday. He was out in plain sight, laying on a chair of our dining table. We cautiously approached, he didn't try to run off. We pet him, and he leaned into it with his head. Pet his body and, like cats do, he raised his ass for butt scritches. He loves the attention and isn't scared of us anymore!

This has led to new problems. If we are in our bedroom, he meows at us from the living room like "Come pay attention to me." When we close our bedroom door for sleep, he meows incessantly. He'll often come up to the doorway, door wide open, and stare into room from the hallway, but trying to get him to come in the room is futile. No, he wants us to go to him.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    I want to get a bermese mountain dog because it's like a HUGE version of what I have now, and it would be adooooooooorable.

I also want to get another corgi so they can tire each other out.

I need a yard D:

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

Yeah, picked up some earplugs earlier today. Also bought him some toys he can interact with by himself like catnip balls and plastic balls with a fake mouse inside.

Hopefully he'll entertain himself at night and leave us be at bedtime. Also read that trying to tire him out before bed is a good way to give him attention without feeling him left starved.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Those big dogs are soooo cute, but I can't wrap my head heart around the sadness of their statistically shorter lives and health issues.
    And their poops are huge.

But I gotta get into a place that allows pets before I do anything else.

chromdom on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

B0dKHjSl.jpg

Oh my god look at those feets!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

AND THEY ARE JUST SO SOFT OHMIGOD

I met a working one once when they were just having him hang out on the sidewalk to be socialized and it was the best.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Why is that showing me being quoted posting that big dag?

Anyway, here's a feathery friend I met today:
    fft7zq0r5czg.jpg

Her name is Sora. She's my castle's new falcon!

This discussion has been closed.