Options

[steam] thread: Abandon all game completion, ye who backlog here.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I got 100% in Ziggurat, speakign of achievements.

Hard mode is some bullshit.

Man. I haven't even beaten the game yet.

Of course, I kinda stopped playing not long after the summer sale was finished.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    zu6Q9Ym.png

I dont see @Halfazedninja for a few days, then he suddenly appears. I say hello, and he strikes with this! Thanks so much. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So...just logged into SteamTrophies, 'cause i'd never heard of it before, and got this profile:

8o39w5xqbv97.jpg

Umm...'cuse me?

Though i'd love to know what game they're thinking i'd gotten a trophy in 9years before i was even friggen born.

[edit] Aww piffle, it's gone and gotten fixed. That's no fun, now.[/edit]

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Impressive. Though now that I see it enlarged, I have to ask, what's happening in your profile picture?

Looks sharp and painful :?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So...just logged into SteamTrophies, 'cause i'd never heard of it before, and got this profile:

8o39w5xqbv97.jpg

Umm...'cuse me?

Though i'd love to know what game they're thinking i'd gotten a trophy in 9years before i was even friggen born.

Unix time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Unix clock starts at 00:00:00 January 1st 1970. So there was probably an underflow someplace and it interpreted that as "time 0, minus 1."

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Impressive. Though now that I see it enlarged, I have to ask, what's happening in your profile picture?

4point suicide-style (across the shoulders ) suspension. The only painful bit was getting the hooks in, the actual hanging part was hella-fun. Now Superman-style suspension (10point, shoulder/back/legs ) is painful, and also not very fun. i do wish i had more opportunities to do suspensions, really.

To keep this gaming related, a question: So a bit back, i picked up Skullgirls. Didn't end up playing it much, though i don't really regret the purchase; it's always nice to have one fighter in the library. But und zo, it downloaded Skullgirls and some other game, Skullgirls Endless Beta, which is apparently the same thing? i mean, when i poked around with it, it didn't seem any different than SG, trophies are the same and everything (and don't carry over, which seems kinda dumb).

So, anyone know what's up with that? Is there any particular difference i'm not noticing? Would it be better to play just one or the other?

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I have this inexplicable urge to install and play KOTOR 2 (for the first time ever).

I dunno why.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I have this inexplicable urge to install and play KOTOR 2 (for the first time ever).

I dunno why.

You've played KOTOR 1, yes?

If not, do that first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I dunno why.

If not, do that first.

Yes, several times.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

I dunno why.

If not, do that first.

Yes, several times.

Well alright then.

You should install and play KOTOR 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular

4point suicide-style (across the shoulders ) suspension. The only painful bit was getting the hooks in, the actual hanging part was hella-fun. Now Superman-style suspension (10point, shoulder/back/legs ) is painful, and also not very fun. i do wish i had more opportunities to do suspensions, really.

To keep this gaming related, a question: So a bit back, i picked up Skullgirls. Didn't end up playing it much, though i don't really regret the purchase; it's always nice to have one fighter in the library. But und zo, it downloaded Skullgirls and some other game, Skullgirls Endless Beta, which is apparently the same thing? i mean, when i poked around with it, it didn't seem any different than SG, trophies are the same and everything (and don't carry over, which seems kinda dumb).

So, anyone know what's up with that? Is there any particular difference i'm not noticing? Would it be better to play just one or the other?
    Endless Beta is exactly what it says on the tin. New stuff gets added to it first, then carried over into the stable version once all the bugs and such are ironed out.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I come back to the steam thread thinking nothing of it, and trophies? Why, why would you do this to me? At least I'm playing terraria. It is completable. I get a trophy for a really big fancy house right?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options

Endless Beta is exactly what it says on the tin. New stuff gets added to it first, then carried over into the stable version once all the bugs and such are ironed out.

Huh...so it's like a test lab? That's a neat idea. Thanks for the heads up, Anon.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Super thanks to Super @Viking for sending me a copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse.
    I'm always down for some card games.
    ATDeqvb.jpg

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

I dunno why.

KoTOR 2 is excellent—better than the first, in my eyes. Hell, it retroactively adjusts KoTOR's narrative to make it way better without actually retconning anything. Assuming the restored mod still works with the updated game, get on that!

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

I dunno why.

KoTOR 2 is excellent—better than the first, in my eyes. Hell, it retroactively adjusts KoTOR's narrative to make it way better without actually retconning anything. Assuming the restored mod still works with the updated game, get on that!

I never actually got to complete a full game using the restoration mod. I ended up with some nasty bug on Nar Shaddaa where the Red Eclipse reveal would repeatedly trigger, but it stopped me from doing anything else in the game.

I was playing from the CD-ROM version of the game (4 CDs! What a time!) with an older version of the restoration mod. I'd love to run through a completed restored version sometime.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Did steam just change the family sharing? My brother called me and said hes no longer able to play any games on my account while im playing anything.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Did steam just change the family sharing? My brother called me and said hes no longer able to play any games on my account while im playing anything.

I was under the impression that was how it's always been.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

I was under the impression that was how it's always been.

Yep.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

8o39w5xqbv97.jpg

Umm...'cuse me?

Unix time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Unix clock starts at 00:00:00 January 1st 1970. So there was probably an underflow someplace and it interpreted that as "time 0, minus 1."

More likely it's a different epoch where time 0 is 23:59:59.999 Dec 31st 1969, which is another common choice.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

I dunno why.

Yeah, the restoration mod is working fine, installed the game and then installed the mod from Steam workshop without a hitch. Game fires up in full 1080p res with full controller support (I still use KBAM but hey, there it is) and off we go without having to do any fiddling or anything.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    More Subnautica news!

I made a trip out to the crashed colony starship, the Aurora. Even in my nice big sub, that was a stressful trip. But I did it and the radiation leak was fixed. Means I don't need to always wear the radiation suit and can go exploring a bit more.

Well, of course I decided to craft a compass and go Reaper hunting. Just for funsies. (full name of the beast is Reaper Leviathan)
    B6040C25C8D54A404E0177144A122CDBED4F12CD
    DDDC767E998D1A1C382C79B3065EC852AA38B8A1
    A1C12DC4D643FD164C40108D9450648A2C541F20

I'm kinda at the point now where I'm not sure what else to do in this saved game. Probably start just heading out in different directions and see what's out there on this alien sea. Though you can bet I'll be restarting and playing through this again when a new update comes out.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Blain wrote: »
    And in Nintendo's defense (I guess I'm the corporate apologist.) I only know one of the games on your list. I'd recommend Street Fighter, I guess. :)

Street Fighter would be a pretty decent suggestion; you're already doing better than their recommendation engine. That list was two 2-d brawlers, one fighting game, one shooter designed by Suda51 and a horror game. The top title on my recommendations when I look at my 3DS is Puzzle and Dragon Mario Edition. This is off topic, though, so um.

Did someone want another visual novel?

signature.png

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

I dunno why.

Yeah, the restoration mod is working fine, installed the game and then installed the mod from Steam workshop without a hitch. Game fires up in full 1080p res with full controller support (I still use KBAM but hey, there it is) and off we go without having to do any fiddling or anything.

Just to check before I install it, this is the restoration mad everyone's talking about right?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    "Ooooh, I know a new VN that's actually really good! I wonder if I can--"

v7RtP6r.png

Dammit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Not dead. Still Destiny.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

I dunno why.

Just to check before I install it, this is the restoration mad everyone's talking about right?

Yes.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Steam really needs to fix the mobile app. It is a horrible mess which is a crying shame because it only really needs chat functionality.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Why do I see Geth above my post text field in this thread?

• Options
    That happens in threads where a member is banned .

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    It was a busy night, but I had a chance to update KOTOR 2, install the Steam version of the RC mod, and fire it up. My save game loaded, though I'm not sure if it's wise to keep playing it. The textures look great and the controller support work perfectly and as expected. The only weird thing was that the character portraits and mini-map were compressed horizontally, but that's probably has something to do with the widescreen mod installed earlier.

I know I should just delete all local content and start from scratch, but I don't really want to replay a dozen hours of a game I started this week.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    You guys need to watch this Just Cause 3 video of a military base takeover. Apologies for the narration. I'm fucking hyped and there's still 5 months to go!
    Nerd³ Plays... Just Cause 3: https://youtu.be/p40E8zfaUlU

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    You guys need to watch this Just Cause 3 video of a military base takeover. Apologies for the narration.

Hey, Nerdcubed isn't that bad :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I enjoyed it but some found it annoying! :p

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I keep getting some weird audio white noise when playing KOTOR2. I think it has something to do with computer consoles and/or alarms, but I'm not 100% sure. Reloading my saves usually fixes it but then it happens again later.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I enjoyed it but some found it annoying! :p

It's an excellent example of why I hate 99% of Youtubers. You can literally click to any point at random in that video and the person will be talking. Just shut the fuck up for like ten seconds and let me take in the game you are playing.

Just Cause 3 looks so good though, oh man. After seeing the ridiculousness you could get up to in JC2 and hearing that the devs have decided to turn that up to eleven I can only imagine how awesome it's going to be.

• Options
    You unlucky bastard! Steam still ain't letting me buy shit! :(

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    It was a busy night, but I had a chance to update KOTOR 2, install the Steam version of the RC mod, and fire it up. My save game loaded, though I'm not sure if it's wise to keep playing it. The textures look great and the controller support work perfectly and as expected. The only weird thing was that the character portraits and mini-map were compressed horizontally, but that's probably has something to do with the widescreen mod installed earlier.

I know I should just delete all local content and start from scratch, but I don't really want to replay a dozen hours of a game I started this week.

Your save data should be in either:
    SteamApps\common\swkotor\saves
    or
    C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves\

Just back it up before reinstalling.

I wouldn't worry too much about your saves being broken with the new version; KOTOR save games from the ancient four disk CD-ROM version still work on the iOS version.

One thing that could break the save is if you'd previously installed the restored content mod or M4-78 enhancement project. If you had one or both of them installed before, grab them on the Steam Workshop before playing.

Even if something does get hosed, you can always use a save game editor to recreate your game. One of them saved me about a hundred hours when I lost my 100% Mass Effect 2 save. They do tend to be jammed full of spoilers, though.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Double Dragon Neon was a very silly game. Enjoyable except for that last boss.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You unlucky bastard! Steam still ain't letting me buy shit! :(

11:01 PM - SmokeStacks: hahahaha
    11:01 PM - SmokeStacks: It's like Jeff Goldblum says
    11:01 PM - SmokeStacks: Isy... ahhh... finds a way

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.