As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Summer [chat] Done Quick

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i don't like talking money

i know her dad makes like, over a million a year

which is more money than i can comprehend someone making

like, i know people like that exist but in my mind they're basically all monopoly man caricatures

i am looking forward to seeing how they react to me, someone who is from one of the notably poorer parts of the country and an aspiring joke merchant

They will react to you better if you can activate your empathy circuits and see them as people.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Omg this pho is amazing

And I forgot they come with creampuffs!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    @RiemannLives
    Passerbye wrote: »
    It's Vulcan. It says Kol-ut-Shan, or, in English, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, aka IDIC.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My wife wants this bag that is over $3k. Even for me, that seems nuts. It is nice though.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    her bag is worth more than any entire outfit i've worn around her

Tell us more about this bag.

it's some giant Louis Vuitton handbag type thing

i am no bag expert, though

My wife likes those. They're definitely really expensive. Especially the leather ones. . .

it's leather, yeah. I can't see the exact one on GIS, but you get the idea

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I think beasto must be more grateful that I am not obsessed with absurdly expensive handbags and am more likely to pine at moderately priced minimalist jewelry in Swarovski and occasionally muse on throwing away several hundred dollars on a Wii U + 7 more controllers so I can play chaotic 8player smash bros with people

He could do with some more appreciation on getting ALL DIS on THE CHEAP if you ask me

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    riemann you're so late to the script question i feel like i need to inform you we have a black president now, boston finally won the world series, and it's revealed in the season finale of dallas that it was all a dream when pam thought bobby had died

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Hakkekage I am so happy that you enjoyed Moribito as much as I did. I would love to see more animu or more TV in general in that vein.

This is a completely different thing and style of thing, but have you seen Psycho-Pass yet? I watched through it recently and quite dug it. It's a bit more generic animu #3785-B in terms of the like character designs and stuff (the bad guy is straight out of JRPG central casting and it's like...why) but it has a really well-done sci-fi world whose implications it takes the time to explore rather than simply using as a backdrop for generic goings-on.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    @spool32 Where can I see your wife's tattoos?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    She already said it's Vulcan. Which I can't tell if it's more or less nerdy than Klingon.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait passer you are in a poly setup or am I wrong?

I feel like I knew but forgot that

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would not be pleased if my company was like "congratulations on closing the big deal! Go do community service for a day." I did something good, not a minor crime.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    riemann you're so late to the script question i feel like i need to inform you we have a black president now, boston finally won the world series, and it's revealed in the season finale of dallas that it was all a dream when pam thought bobby had died

???

hmm

but I guess it worked in blazing saddles.......

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    That is, I'm assuming she's a show-off tattoo'd person like me. If there aren't any pictures, that's cool, too.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I just had the best idea.

A site like Facebook, where you create a profile and upload pictures and videos and suchlike

And neither you nor anyone else can in any way interact with anyone on the site. No comments, no likes, no nothing.

Everyone gets to live out their needs for certain measures of vapidity, self-expression and exhibitionism to whichever extent they desire, without ever having to negatively interact with anyone for any reason whatsoever.

Foolproof.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    She already said it's Vulcan. Which I can't tell if it's more or less nerdy than Klingon.

More nerdy. I've met very few Trekkies who even know that the fans came up with a script for Vulcan. At least Klingon script is cannon.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Omg this pho is amazing

And I forgot they come with creampuffs!
    i ordered Pho because of you

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

A site like Facebook, where you create a profile and upload pictures and videos and suchlike

And neither you nor anyone else can in any way interact with anyone on the site. No comments, no likes, no nothing.

Everyone gets to live out their needs for certain measures of vapidity, self-expression and exhibitionism to whichever extent they desire, without ever having to negatively interact with anyone for any reason whatsoever.

Foolproof.

anti-social media

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Hakkekage I am so happy that you enjoyed Moribito as much as I did. I would love to see more animu or more TV in general in that vein.

This is a completely different thing and style of thing, but have you seen Psycho-Pass yet? I watched through it recently and quite dug it. It's a bit more generic animu #3785-B in terms of the like character designs and stuff (the bad guy is straight out of JRPG central casting and it's like...why) but it has a really well-done sci-fi world whose implications it takes the time to explore rather than simply using as a backdrop for generic goings-on.

Literally today when I booted up Netflix to finish off moribito, Netflix chose to splash Psycho-Pass all over the top bar and screamed RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR WEEB ASS

I think I will be watching it next :p

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I would not be pleased if my company was like "congratulations on closing the big deal! Go do community service for a day." I did something good, not a minor crime.

It's a minor crime for lawyers. lol

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    i don't like talking money

i know her dad makes like, over a million a year

which is more money than i can comprehend someone making

like, i know people like that exist but in my mind they're basically all monopoly man caricatures

i am looking forward to seeing how they react to me, someone who is from one of the notably poorer parts of the country and an aspiring joke merchant

They will react to you better if you can activate your empathy circuits and see them as people.

well, duh

that's another reason i don't talk money

it is a lot harder to do that with people from such a different perspective that i find just straight up not talking about it helps to avoid certain conflicts

conflicts is a strong word, but you get my drift

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    i dont think rich people like talking about money

so they probably wont bring it up

unless they're new money

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Shivahn wrote: »

Something like that, yeah. I started dating Boy when Dyr and I were still married (edit to add - Everyone knew about this and agreed to it, Boy also had another long-time girlfriend at the time). Divorced (not related to Boy), stayed with Boy. We've always been open to more playmates, just recently we've come across two we like so we're feeling that out. (Hehehe.) I call the newbies New Boy and Girl, though right now they're just 'friends we want to make out with who want to make out with us'. Though I suspect New Boy will become more than that rapidly, I'm keeping a leash on my hopefulness.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Literally today when I booted up Netflix to finish off moribito, Netflix chose to splash Psycho-Pass all over the top bar and screamed RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR WEEB ASS

Netflix recommendations are pretty spot on.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Oh and the asshole who lured the lion out of the nature reserve and poached it deserves to rot in prison, if that sounds salty to you feel free to lick the salt directly from my nuts.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    hakks you haven't watched psycho pass? wtf
    (season 2 not so great but still ok)

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage I am so happy that you enjoyed Moribito as much as I did. I would love to see more animu or more TV in general in that vein.

as an anime sommelier (animelier???), I add my recommendation to Jacob and the slowly-developing-sentience Netflix AI

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

FYI, the movie just came out, but I believe it is only available via fansub at the moment.

Which is sort of not a method I use to consume anime anymore, but whatever.

Edit:there is also a second season. Q

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

Psycho Pass is really good.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    woot, time to head home

and I was a bit leering about the whole volunteering thing on launch day until SKFM came out against it. That really put my mind at rest that it's the right thing to do.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

Foolproof.

Http://angelfire.com

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Something like that, yeah. I started dating Boy when Dyr and I were still married (edit to add - Everyone knew about this and agreed to it, Boy also had another long-time girlfriend at the time). Divorced (not related to Boy), stayed with Boy. We've always been open to more playmates, just recently we've come across two we like so we're feeling that out. (Hehehe.) I call the newbies New Boy and Girl, though right now they're just 'friends we want to make out with who want to make out with us'. Though I suspect New Boy will become more than that rapidly, I'm keeping a leash on my hopefulness.

Cool, so I wasn't wrong in feeling like I had an old memory of that

I feel like chat actually has more people in similar setups than I can think of off the top of my head, though

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Hakkekage I am so happy that you enjoyed Moribito as much as I did. I would love to see more animu or more TV in general in that vein.

as an anime sommelier (animelier???), I add my recommendation to Jacob and the slowly-developing-sentience Netflix AI

I like that Geth clicked 'witness me' for this post.

• Options

Cool, so I wasn't wrong in feeling like I had an old memory of that

I feel like chat actually has more people in similar setups than I can think of off the top of my head, though

I know of one other who I think has talked about it here, but he tends to be a little more sensitive about that kind of thing? So I won't mention his handle here. I can PM it to you if you want to know, he's much more experienced than I am, if you were looking for someone to discuss such setups with.

• Options
    i dont think rich people like talking about money

so they probably wont bring it up

unless they're new money

i don't expect them to be lighting cigars with notes or whatever

but like where i'm from is heavily associated with low income and high crime

i'd rather that was not something they associated with me, ya know

"oh you work with computers and travel to tell jokes" would be so much better than "there was a shooting how close to your house?"

• Options
    This Zoo show is actually decent. It has Kristen Connelly, and the main lead in Revolution. They're solving crimes to do with animals, which is implied to be almost an X-Files weird situation. And they are stealing the shit out the score from Fringe.

• Options
    xbwmj3emwa85.png

• Options
    according to google maps, the shooting was 300 metres from my house

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    xBrIueD.gif

simonwolf on
This discussion has been closed.