As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phone Hacking In The UK] - An Old Fashioned English Fox Hunt

1282930313234»

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Interesting. What does this mean? What sentences are they likley to get? Will she even see the inside of a cell over this?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Huh you would think being charged with being a pervert would be more, frisky.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Casual wrote: »
    Interesting. What does this mean? What sentences are they likley to get? Will she even see the inside of a cell over this?
    Perverting the course of justice is serious fucking business(tm) and carries a maximum sentence of life. If they're found guilty they're pretty much guaranteed to get a custodial sentence.

That being said, they're still rich and have powerful friends, so they won't be in that long, and it'll be one of those cushy rich people prisons...

Edit: It's conspiracy to pervert too isn't it? That's even worse/better (depending on your point of view).

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Rebekah Brooks has been charged with perverting the course of justice, along with her husband and a bunch of other people.

YESSSSS!!!!!!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I liked the part of her statement where she claimed that one day the true story of this investigation will be known. Not if you and your fucking boss keep claiming amnesia, Rebekah.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    And apparently history will look back and see her as the poor victim in all this.

I wouldn't hold my breath, love.

• Options
    RitchmeisterRitchmeister Registered User regular
    Apparently it's a witchhunt.

At least this time they've caught the fucking witch.

• Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular

You would think they didn't exist, but then again one would have to wonder if the collective populations of the US, UK and Australia could fall under the spell of the bile that comes from Murdoch properties except if by literal use of magic? ;p

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I'm waiting to see if this has any teeth. Plenty of room for her to get away with it or receive some joke of a sentence.

"I sentence you to 6 months of living in your mansion for 22 hours a day! Let that be a lesson to you!"

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

No, the person culpable for this is Rupert Murdoch, and he hasn't been caught.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

You would think they didn't exist, but then again one would have to wonder if the collective populations of the US, UK and Australia could fall under the spell of the bile that comes from Murdoch properties except if by literal use of magic? ;p

AFAIK Murdoch has nothing to do with the Daily Mail and that's even worse.

(The Daily Mail would view Rick Santorum as a dangerously wishy-washy social liberal candidate)

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    From the desk of What The Fuck, Rebekah Brooks is being reinstated as the head of NewsCorp's UK operations, after resigning that position over, well...all of the above happening.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Did they think maybe people had forgotten and wouldn't notice?