As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dumb Things You've Done Recently

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Not a big dumb thing, but I moved into my new place in Japan yesterday, and true to the stereotype all of the door frames are much lower. I told the person showing me around that I'd lived in Japan so it shouldn't be hard readjusting to it. And within an hour I had slammed my head into a door frame, hard, no less than three times. And all in front of that same person.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I made posts on a forum

I made posts on THIS forum

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    watched Disney's Descendants

Yo you too?

You wanna talk about how dumb it is?

It's pretty dumb! Mostly harmless, though

Yeah

It managed to hit a fun enough dumb point for me

Like I could take turns with my guests between yelling at the screen and making cocktails and cackling as they yelled at the screen

Real dumb movie though

Pretty much Once Upon A Time caliber, although not as agonizingly drawn out

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I once sat uphill of an uphill-leaning tree I had just cut and kicked the base to jar it loose from the stump.

Luckily I rolled out of the way in time.

Also I once drank a pint of Black Velvet in about an hour

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I avoid doing dumb things by not doing anything much, but that leaves me open to saying dumb things, like this little exchange a few days ago:

Mrs Rhesus: How lovely - somebody's scratched off the "L" on that public telephone sign.
    Me: "Public teephone"? Doesn't make sense...
    Mrs Rhesus: ...I'm going to assume that you're joking.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I've been making one single, massively poor decision beginning the moment I was born and lasting until the moment I die.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Forgot the PIN for the card I've used weekly for seven months. Two weeks later and I still can't remember it.

Got out of a car close to lions. Got stalked by lions.

Stubbed my bare foot on a tyre and removed the nail from my big toe.

Wanted to tow a tree out of a road, attached the tow rope to the bullbars on front of the car, pulled the bullbars off of the car.

• Options
    Enjoying Africa, smof?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have no idea how I'm still alive, but yes

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    You've got to prove to the lions that they're no longer kings of the safari, you are. After all, you are a Rex.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Find the toughest zebra and shank him

• Options
    Maybe do something that doesn't require the use of arms.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I could have completely paid off my credit card, but instead I hung out with people at PAX and had a good time.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Forgot the PIN for the card I've used weekly for seven months. Two weeks later and I still can't remember it.

Wanted to tow a tree out of a road, attached the tow rope to the bullbars on front of the car, pulled the bullbars off of the car.

How do you not know to always anchor to the chassis?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    watched Disney's Descendants

Yo you too?

You wanna talk about how dumb it is?

It's pretty dumb! Mostly harmless, though

Yeah

It managed to hit a fun enough dumb point for me

Like I could take turns with my guests between yelling at the screen and making cocktails and cackling as they yelled at the screen

Real dumb movie though

Pretty much Once Upon A Time caliber, although not as agonizingly drawn out

there were a couple fun ideas in there, even though the entire thing barely hangs together as any sort of narrative

I really appreciate that the douchey guy at the prep school is named Chad Charming

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    today i tried to juke out some year 10 punk while rostered on to recess duty at the basketball courts. i rolled my ankle and missed the shot horribly. i wandered off non-chalantly but now i am suffering

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »

I didn't realise this was the Carefully Considered Sensible Decisions You've Made Recently thread.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Well, a well-made and correctly mounted bullbar should be more than strong enough to lift the vehicle into the air. It's only those stupid chromed aluminum shinybars that everyone fits to their pickups that ought to crumple and tear off if you try to do any real work with them.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    One night we were watching bad reality TV and someone on the show became an ordained minister to perform weddings. My wife and college buddy couldn't believe it was that easy. By the end of the show using my phone and credit card without them noticing I was now "Father Nate." If any of you need to get married in Maine, I'm your guy.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Does anyone else keep seeing bulbasaur instead of bullbar or is it just me?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I got out early from work because I had overtime. So I waited to see if I could get Mario Maker
    Alas I was the only person out of 5 who had their shit together
    It's so hard to care anymore while at work
    Why do they get high praise and accolades. When I barely get even thanked.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to work again today.

It's like I learned nothing from yesterday.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm going to work again today.

It's like I learned nothing from yesterday.

I was a line cook for 2 and 1/2 years and hated it every day. But I just kept doing it.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    A million years ago back in high school I got hit by a door in the face so hard that I fell flat on my back and needed stitches in my eyebrow

That was kind of embarrassing

Even though it was my brother's fault

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    This happened a while ago but is a p good story

So I was coming back from a gay dance thing with a guy I was hoping to screw later and he parked in a gas station about half a block from my house so I could run home and get something I had forgotten (something uninteresting, like money or some deal). The quickest way is to squeeze between two buildings, run down an alley and cross the street and voila there's my house.

So I do that.

I go the same way coming back, run down the alley, squeeze between the two buildings, jog to his car, pop the door and hop in.

Unbeknownst to me, he had moved the car to get gas. So some random guy, parked at the local gas station, suddenly had some strange homosexual in leather gear pop out from between two buildings and jump in his car and all he could say was UH CAN I HELP YOU at maximum volume.

• Options
    I've been making one single, massively poor decision beginning the moment I was born and lasting until the moment I die.

kudos on your dedication to a bit, then

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I once made a child abuse joke in from a kindergarden teacher who I had just met.

She did not appreciate it.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

So I was coming back from a gay dance thing with a guy I was hoping to screw later and he parked in a gas station about half a block from my house so I could run home and get something I had forgotten (something uninteresting, like money or some deal). The quickest way is to squeeze between two buildings, run down an alley and cross the street and voila there's my house.

So I do that.

I go the same way coming back, run down the alley, squeeze between the two buildings, jog to his car, pop the door and hop in.

Unbeknownst to me, he had moved the car to get gas. So some random guy, parked at the local gas station, suddenly had some strange homosexual in leather gear pop out from between two buildings and jump in his car and all he could say was UH CAN I HELP YOU at maximum volume.

It sounds like he got a good story out of the deal!

• Options
    edited September 2015

So I do that.

he was straight I don't know if he'd be comfortable sharing that

it wasn't crazy sex leather gear BTW

just pants, shirt and coat. I looked pretty good! but probably more than a little threatening

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I once made a child abuse joke in from a kindergarden teacher who I had just met.

She did not appreciate it.

Child abuse jokes are probably not a good idea to make in front of anyone you just met.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I sat on a toilet with its cover still down.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I do that all the time. on purpose. it's a comfy seat!

• Options
    The thing you don't want to do is sit on it while the seat is up

Which is a thing I've done

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

I do that all the time. on purpose. it's a comfy seat!

With my pants down.

Right on my balls.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

This reminds me of a dumb thing I did not-at-all-recently. Got up to pee in the middle of the night. Didn't turn the lights on because I knew my way to the bathroom blind. For some reason, I was absolutely sure that the seat was up, and didn't feel it was necessary to check. I was wrong.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I have used a toilet while the seat was still up
    I have also used a MRE bag under orders as a toliet

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I put my arm on a fresh weld and burnt the fuck out of it last week :|

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Options

So I do that.

just pants, shirt and coat. I looked pretty good! but probably more than a little threatening

I would have found my friends and been like, "Mother fucking Rob Halford was in my car!"

• Options
    edited September 2015

So I do that.

I would have found my friends and been like, "Mother fucking Rob Halford was in my car!"

I would wear the hell out of this

-Rob-Halford-heavy-metal-30820938-800-600.jpg

but literally only to the most blasé of places. grocery store, dentist, work, bus ride. sparkle those fuckers up

Magic Pink on