ronya wrote: »
    BAD MACHINERY SPOILERS

hot goss. but of who.

linton x tania

p0zuWXc.png

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I thought you could only jump if a non-demon is closest. If another demon is closest, you die for real? And it's not really clear who is closest, hunter or the kid

That's why Hunter checks the back seat of the car when it stops, I think. It would be nice to imagine he's checking the kid is safe, but more likely he's checking the kid didn't just become Jimmy. As

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I thought you could only jump if a non-demon is closest. If another demon is closest, you die for real? And it's not really clear who is closest, hunter or the kid

That's why Hunter checks the back seat of the car when it stops, I think. It would be nice to imagine he's checking the kid is safe, but more likely he's checking the kid didn't just become Jimmy. As

Uh oh, looks like the closest person to Jimmy was actually a comic reader! Quick, somebody call hunter

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the closest person to jimmy is the personification of crap writing

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Spider man
    Spider man
    How do spiders control a man?
    Down the throat
    Behind the eyes
    Walk among us spreading lies
    Oh god.
    Run from spiderman

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't an inspiration for Garth Ennis to create The Thousand.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Completely Mist the Point

ml44zCU.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So when are one of the priests going to tell Roy that Vampire Durkon is not actually Durkon, but a dark spirit holding his soul hostage? Because I know one of the gnomes tried and Vamp Durkon stopped him, but he's a little preoccupied to be doing that right now.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hah, looks like drinking everyone he could screwed him over a little.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    eeh, according to what we know jimmy should be dead

but for once it is appropriate to point at jimmyisme.txt, this is his story and it's only 2/3rds done, he's not dead

I've always thought the "rules" for demonism were suspect, we saw jimmy figure out a bunch of stuff, but the rest, like the oft quoted if a demon dies next to another demon it dies for real, originally came from gellman

who had tremendous incentive to lie, the demon project was only ever a way for gellman to con himself into immortality, at the very least he would have omitted critical details on the subject of how to take away that immortality

one of the ways he tries to force a meeting between jimmy and himself was trotting out how much information he had held back from the OSS, it's clear that jimmy has figured out some stuff on his own in the intervening centuries, we're going to see some more of what that stuff was

probably unfortunately in the form of jimmy dropping out of the sky screeching WILL TOO NYAAAAA

sigh

• Options
    Gellman also killed himself using the "demon dying next to another demon" method, and all the other closest people were in the room, so Jimmy would have seen if he'd jumped into one of them instead.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Hah, looks like drinking everyone he could screwed him over a little.

Or maybe Hel is doing a Xanatos on us.

Speaking of, I love "Tell Hel to go to herself"

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    gellman appeared to really want to die, so presumably he did whatever he needed to to make that happen

maybe it's significant that he did the thing to himself instead of someone else doing it to him like hunter has done here, maybe there's some other horseshit reason

I don't know, there's just no way in flastical hell gellman told the entire truth

• Options
    I mean, Jimmy's totally still alive, but that rule at least seems legit

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Jimmy is not dead because of meta reasoning. We can't see his head, therefore we can't see he's headless, which would be confirmation he's dead.

I bet Jimmy is alive, will die in a couple of seconds and jump into the kid, kid will run over Hunter, and we will be forever stuck in this neverending Hell of 9mm vomiting infinite bullets, cum farts, and falling forever from buildings.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    syag8ys6d18d.png
    The only down-side was the F.
    42wnxshy5wab.png

Okay, I actually laughed out loud at this SMBC.

Go figure the one-panel ones tend to be funnier than the really long ones. Brevity, soul, wit.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Jimmy is not dead because of meta reasoning. We can't see his head, therefore we can't see he's headless, which would be confirmation he's dead.

I bet Jimmy is alive, will die in a couple of seconds and jump into the kid, kid will run over Hunter, and we will be forever stuck in this neverending Hell of 9mm vomiting infinite bullets, cum farts, and falling forever from buildings.

Then Demon has become a Neverending Family Guy chicken fight.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    qdoba's guacamole is free
    maritzac wrote: »

hell??

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1442289295-ch2pg17.png
    If it's not apparent by now the Wonderland education system and the American one have some huuuuuuge differences.

Alice and the Nightmare

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I think Alice could have come up with a better infodump than a professor going over the basic facts of their world in a college class.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Are you taking a dump on the infodump, then

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    demon is definitely not worth an in-depth discussion of its rules

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    2015-09-15-1158keys.png

I feel like I am missing a reference?

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Does this thread really need to go down the road of assuming they know exactly what's going to happen in a comic AGAIN?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    2015-09-06-the-dailies.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I wish human mating was so easy.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    azith28 wrote: »

I wish human mating was so easy.

have you tried that yet

it works for me at gay bars

Magic Pink on
  • Options
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah, apollo didnt think that one through very well.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    *snip*

But...the other part is that all of Cassandra's prophecies come true. So she just guaranteed Apollo would have freaky awesome sex.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Not Apollo, his partner.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    *snip*

But...the other part is that all of Cassandra's prophecies come true. So she just guaranteed Apollo would have freaky awesome sex.

yeah but she's saying it just so everyone will badmouth apollo's sexual prowess

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    mat20150915.png
    Ma3 has the occasional NSFW strip.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    *snip*

Who cares what some random assholes think? He's just been guaranteed sexytimes. Plus he's a god, so he can just...you know...smite them or something.

Edit: Wait...why doesn't Cassandra just prophecize that people will believe her? That should fix everything.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    sdb20150915.png
    SDB is also a little NSFW sometimes though less so then Ma3.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Just saying something doesn't make it a prophecy.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    mat20150915.png
    Ma3 has the occasional NSFW strip.
    That is a terrible sharpshooter

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    *snip*

Who cares what some random assholes think? He's just been guaranteed sexytimes. Plus he's a god, so he can just...you know...smite them or something.

Edit: Wait...why doesn't Cassandra just prophecize that people will believe her? That should fix everything.

Prophecy doesn't mean you say whatever and then it comes true. It just means you know what's going to happen.

Cassandra just waited until Apollo was already going to have sexytimes one night, and told people. She didn't cause it.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Apollo's the god of plagues in addition to healing and knowledge and the sun etc. etc., so he probably wouldn't have any issues with doing just that.

Greek gods are dicks.

This discussion has been closed.