Options

[Transformers: Devastation] - Til All Are One! Out now!

GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Games and Technology
Optimus Prime and the Autobots face off against classic Decepticons after Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of Plasma Energy to Cyberform Earth. Fueled by the Plasma Energy, the Decepticons are stronger and more powerful than ever. Can the Autobots stop them?

cover_zpslnaxr2s2.jpg

Transformers Devastation is an upcoming action game from everyone's favorite developer Platinum Games and everyone's most hated publisher Activision. Directed by the guy who did Revengeance. There's not a ton of info out there yet, but hands on impressions have been overwhelmingly positive.

Out now!

PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One

This game looks amazing! Cel shaded, G1 art direction featuring the original voice actors for Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Grimlock, and Megatron/Soundwave. If you were born in the 80's, this game is for YOU!

Five playable Autobots:

Optimus Prime:
350px-Optimusg1_zpsuswqwet9.jpg
Leader of the Autobots and all around amazing fighter.

Bumblebee:
280px-BumblebeeRIC_zpscexazrmb.jpg
A scout who's quick and agile. Special ability allows him to slide under an enemy and gain back attack advantage.

Sideswipe:
G1Sideswipe_MTMTE_zpsqmtqqisy.jpg
Very fast. Can teleport forward a short distance. Loves dual wielding swords.

Wheeljack:
350px-Wheeljackg1_zpsxsr72eha.jpg
Guns, Guns, Guns! Also has an impenetrable shield that can be deployed.

Grimlock:
Grimlock_toy_zpsrgsxtfcc.jpg
A T-rex robot...what more do you need.

No playable Decepticons :(

Soundwave, Devastator, Megatron, and Starscream, Shockwave and MORE!

Combat similar to other Platinum games with mid combo Transformations, special abilities, robot and vehicle attacks, parries, dodge initiated slow mo.

Challenge Mode: 50 additional combat levels with 5 different difficulty levels.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLJ_O_0jpo

Anyone else got their eye on this one?

Pre-order DLC include 3 costumes and 3 items:

Transformers-Devastation-Playstation-Preorder-Bonuses-Revealed_zpsxwplmb38.jpg

Old School Toy Stat Sheets in Game!
1984__Optimus_Prime_%281984%29.jpg
1984__Bumblebee_(1984).jpg
1984__Sideswipe_%281984%29.jpg
1984__Wheeljack_(1984).jpg
1985__Grimlock_(1985).jpg

FrypCtz.png

Thanks to Morninglord for discovering the info below!

https://support.activision.com/license

TECHNICAL DATA AND STATUS
There are two types of character stats – your STATUS and your TECHNICAL DATA

• Your TECHNICAL DATA shows each Autobot’s key attributes – these stats increase as you gain experience by completing missions and defeating enemies.
• You can spend credits to level up any TECHNICAL DATA stat of your choosing. To do this, enter the Ark and choose STATUS, then select the stat you’d like to increase and press (Y/Triangle)

• CAPSULES are sometimes dropped by enemies or found in chests, and you can use them to boost a stat permanently (the capsule is consumed when used).
• Your STATUS values show your raw attributes, such as health, melee attack power, and defense.
These cannot be raised directly, but increase along with your TECHNICAL DATA

STATUS EFFECTS
There are a variety of status effects in the game, and some weapons have a
chance to apply status effects to enemies, while others are only applied to
the autobots or enemies. The full list of status effects is shown below:
Burn - Temporarily take gradual damage
Shock - Temporarily become unable to move or attack
Freeze - Temporarily become unable to move or attack
Stuck - Temporarily become unable to move or attack
Slow - Temporarily move much more slowly than usual
Rust - Defense lowered temporarily
Confuse - Enemies temporarily attack other enemies
Weak - Attack power lowered temporarily
Stun - Temporarily become unable to move or attack
Transfix - Temporarily unable to change form

WEAPONS
• There are a total of four weapon slots – one can only contain a melee weapon, one can only contain a ranged weapon, and the other two are “free” slots that can contain either.
• There are two key types of melee weapons – Physical-based weapons and Energon-based weapons.
• Physical-based weapons have a base attack stat and depending on the weapon, an element-based attack stat.
• Energon-based weapons have a third “Energon” attack stat, which causes the weapon to apply extra damage when the weapon has energy. Weapon energy depletes when you attack, and when you run out you no longer
inflict the additional damage from your energon attack stat.

A character’s maximum stats are increased when the Magnus or Prime difficulty levels are unlocked. Prior to that, the game stores all experience points earned in a bank that is applied retroactively when the difficulty is unlocked. If your stats suddenly increase, it means you’ve unlocked a higher difficulty level and received those banked experience points.

and

6. How come Grimlock can only equip one TECH chip?

An Autobot’s RNK stat affects how many TECH chips they can equip. Each Autobot is affected differently by the RNK stat, however, and Grimlock is affected the least by RNK of any Autobot. He’ll need to raise his RNK stat to 99 before he can equip more than one chip.

A few notes about the synthesis process that may not be immediately obvious:
  • A weapon’s rank is set at weapon creation and cannot be changed through synthesis. This rank will determine the maximum damage for the weapon. If your base weapon’s damage does not increase after synthesis, that means it is at the highest possible damage for its rank.
  • If the base weapon and the second weapon have the same ability at the same level, there is a chance that the ability’s level may increase after synthesis.
  • Weapon synthesis is not free. The cost in credits is determined by the base weapon’s rank and is automatically deducted from your wallet at each synthesis attempt.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
Grove on

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    TILL ALL ARE ONE

I'm pre-ordering this for PC as soon as I get out of class today. Platinum Games and Transformers!? Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!

It's worth mentioning that a LOT of the OG voice actors are back for this. All hail Frank Welker Megatron!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    His Transformers Prime Megatron was just the best thing.

Double best because Transformers Prime had good writers that gave him awesome lines to say.

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    TILL ALL ARE ONE

I'm pre-ordering this for PC as soon as I get out of class today. Platinum Games and Transformers!? Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!

It's worth mentioning that a LOT of the OG voice actors are back for this. All hail Frank Welker Megatron!

That's the thing I'm most excited about. Platinum games is great and all, but having most of the OG voice actors back...gives me chills just hearing a few lines in the trailer.

It is sad though that my favorite character's voice actor died in 1994. Starscream won't be the same.

• Options
    Maybe if we're lucky they'll get the guy who voiced him in Prime. That was a really good Starscream.

• Options
    Here's a gametrailers' interview from e3 with the director and producer of the game. Some interesting tidbits here and there for those looking to kill a little time.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6gjz9y/transformers--devastation-e3-2015--platinum-games-demo

I wish there was more media or previews on this thing. Strangely quiet a week and a half out, especially given how positive all the hands on were. I wouldn't have even known it was releasing if I hadn't seen it promoted on Steam.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Dang, this game fell off of my radar. Thanks for making this post, now I have to go see about this preorder...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    EDIT: OR NOT

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/09/24/transformers-devastation-inside-platinums-g1-based-action-game-301831

Here's a thing. link to the article about the thing. The thing being a new gameplay video with commentary

Viskod on
  • Options
    50 additional challenge missions on top of the story mode is pretty crazy. How long do platinum games tend to be? I own a couple, but I've never actually played one yet.

• Options
    I'm guessing this is going to be a low budget activist on title similar to their Legend of Korea release that they got Platinum to do the combat for.

So I'll say this game will be around 4 hours.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is going to be a low budget activist on title similar to their Legend of Korea release that they got Platinum to do the combat for.

So I'll say this game will be around 4 hours.

Hmm...interesting. At least there should be some replayability with the different characters.

I wonder if this is a proof of concept title for future games. Would love to play as the decepticons, even if it was just in the challenge modes.

• Options
    I'm going to say the characters will amount to nothing more than different skins with slightly different animations for the same combo system.

• Options
    Hmm so it seems that GameStop/ebgames is the only ones with the preorder skin and weapon bonus so far.
    I'm going to say the characters will amount to nothing more than different skins with slightly different animations for the same combo system.

Sure seems like it given their names. Nemesis Prime, Red Alert, and Goldfire. I want to know who the heck is Goldfire??! Is that supposed to be Goldbug?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Hmm so it seems that GameStop/ebgames is the only ones with the preorder skin and weapon bonus so far.

Sure seems like it given their names. Nemesis Prime, Red Alert, and Goldfire. I want to know who the heck is Goldfire??! Is that supposed to be Goldbug?

The bonus is also available on Steam. I was planning on getting it on the pc so I hadn't looked at the other options.

• Options
    Hmm, might go and get it on the PC as well. But was originally planning on getting it for my PS4 since I don't play it much and I wanted to have my 80's nostalgia on the large screen.

Also found out who Goldfire is. It is Bumblebee's new form. So guess it is the new Goldbug.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Grove wrote: »
    50 additional challenge missions on top of the story mode is pretty crazy. How long do platinum games tend to be? I own a couple, but I've never actually played one yet.

MGR was about 6-8 hours with tons of replayability, a bunch of bonus missions, and two side story missions featuring two very different characters. I have about twenty+ hours sunk into it so far.

T:D is a full priced PG game being made by the MGR director so I expect it to hit similar parameters.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    TILL ALL ARE ONE

Yup. I figured we'd be getting Cullen and Welker (which is always great), but then I heard Bell and Gilvezan in that trailer and was like ^___________^

• Options

MGR was about 6-8 hours with tons of replayability, a bunch of bonus missions, and two side story missions featuring two very different characters. I have about twenty+ hours sunk into it so far.

T:D is a full priced PG game being made by the MGR director so I expect it to hit similar parameters.

That's our best case scenario.

But remember. Activision.

Don't get your hopes up.

• Options
    I wonder if there will be much 'exploring'. I use that term lightly knowing that it isn't that kind of game, but I'm curious if we'll be able to drive through the city from battleground A to battleground B or if it will purely be arena based.

No big deal if it doesn't, but it would be cool to zip around a bit.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Don't get your hopes up.

The Legend of Korra was also a legit $15 budget title. I hiiiiiighly doubt a $50 game is going to be just as basic.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BonaventureBonaventure Registered User regular
    It's just... so pretty. Really pretty. It's sparkling like diamonds in my brain. Of course $50 is too rich for my blood, but there's a price point -- probably even an abusive pre-Christmas one! -- at which I'll take the bait. I need to show this off to friends with destructive Transformers habits. I should probably factor in the cost of all the DLC, too... it's important to budget realistically.

I hope there's more than just arenas and beatings, even if it's a relatively thin veneer, so it doesn't just feel like a fighting game where the second player's joystick is permanently broken.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I saw this pop on Steam and went "yay Transformers! Yay classic look!" Then I saw the Activision part and went "boooo, just another shitty cash-in on Transformers by a shitty company". Then I saw Platinum Games and went "yaaaaaay!"

I am torn. I'm gonna need some more info before it hits, because I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the Transformers equivalent of the Korra game and they're just trying to suck money out of people.

• Options
    I'm obviously very optimistic about this game, but I would by lying if I said I didn't have a few nagging doubts. Mostly, they're stemming from the fact we're less than two weeks out and there are no previews or new videos out anywhere. It looks awesome, and honestly I'll get it regardless because taking a nostalgic trip through my childhood is worth $50, but I hope it ends up being a little more than that.

Ideally, each robot has their own combos, there's a bit of free movement, and the story is serviceable and longer than 4 hours.

I also really wish we got to play as decepticons, even if it was just in challenge mode like in the Batman games.

• Options
    I'm with you that they really left a big hole by not mixing in a few Decepticons. They should have had it that you beat up a roster of other Transformers or at least cannon fodder seekers or the three Reflector 'cons. Sort of how they did it in the cartoons where they did a lot of palette swapping to fill in the background.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The problem is that all the cool G1 Decepticons don't turn into things that easily work with the combat system they have set up. Transforming into a tiny gun or radio would not easily work. Being able to fly around as a jet would make things super complicated.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I have been looking forward to this since it first popped up at E3.

I am so ready. Optimus and Sideswipe were in my top three favourite Transformers as a kid. If Prowl was available I would have thrown my wallet at the screen after seeing the initial screenshots.

Now for Blaster/Soundwave later on where their attacks incorporate the appropriate cassette minions attacking, each one mapped to a button like the elements in the Korra game.

Hnnnng.

• Options

Don't get your hopes up.

The Legend of Korra was also a legit $15 budget title. I hiiiiiighly doubt a $50 game is going to be just as basic.

I wish I could have your optimism.

• Options
    Here's a cool demo of the game with the producer playing. A little noisy and you can't hear the in game sounds, but he does a lot of commentary throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gnbMboBfHQ

Also found out that there is crafting in the game for both melee and ranged weapons with each bot holding up to 5 weapons, as well as a leveling system.

The producer hints at DLC and/or unlockable characters (probably just DLC), so that could be cool.

You can also fight alongside other autobots that are computer controlled which is nifty.

• Options
  • Options
    Well by both of those videos it looks like they did do the vanilla seekers and the ground units look like a Wheeljack clone so that's nice. Devastator looks rather insane, and that is fine since he's supposed to be overwhelming for one Autobot. I'm now on the fence if I want to preorder it or just wait to see how things flesh out with the DLC/more characters. This sort of reminds me of the Robotech game that came out for the consoles a while ago which is fine.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I will be picking this up despite the fact that I think it is missing some stuff (namely multiplayer). Can't resist transformers stuff, although I haven never really been one to play through these sort of games multiple times so we will see.

Wish high moon had a chance at another game this generation. Maybe with some luck those games will end up on the backwards compatibility list for Xbox one.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I will be picking this up despite the fact that I think it is missing some stuff (namely multiplayer).
    Eh, I never expect MP out of a PG game. Their brawlers sacrifice everything upon the altar of gameplay and efficiency and frankly, I'd much rather they spend their time polishing all of that up instead of trying to make their game and its mechanics work with other players involved.

With the MGR director helming this I'm expecting some seriously fun shit but I am an unrepentant Metal Gear Rising fanboy.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Oh my god from that video with commentary "IF YOU DODGE RIGHT BEFORE YOURE HIT YOU SLOW DOWN TIME"

Now I can't stop thinking about playing this game as Arcee, in DLC Bayonetta colors.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I will be picking this up despite the fact that I think it is missing some stuff (namely multiplayer).
    Eh, I never expect MP out of a PG game. Their brawlers sacrifice everything upon the altar of gameplay and efficiency and frankly, I'd much rather they spend their times polishing all of that up instead of trying to make their game and its mechanics work with other players involved.

With the MGR director helming this I'm expecting some seriously fun shit but I am an unrepentant Metal Gear Rising fanboy.

i didn't really expect there to be one multiplayer i found out who is making the game, but still unfortunate.

• Options
    Soundwave preview here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEbWE2o2Ic

Looks like a really fun boss fight. Probably my favorite so far.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Well by both of those videos it looks like they did do the vanilla seekers and the ground units look like a Wheeljack clone so that's nice.

I thought the ground unites were Battlechargers?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Well by both of those videos it looks like they did do the vanilla seekers and the ground units look like a Wheeljack clone so that's nice.

I thought the ground unites were Battlechargers?

That makes more sense (too bad they didn't make them black and white). The models just looked like Wheeljack clones since the one player (developer?) was playing him while demoing the game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    This looks damn good. Fingers crossed so hard.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I was not aware of this game until today (not being much of a Transformers guy) but this looks like it has everything I was wanting from the High Moon games but didn't get, starting with vehicle modes that actually matter instead of just being a way to drive to the next fight. The cel-shaded graphics look like possibly the best implementation of that style I've ever seen as well (at least in the trailer).

• Options
    Achievement list released. Here's a link for those interested.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/transformers-devastation-xbox-one/achievements/
    Looks like 7 story chapters total. At least one boss per level, maybe more given the boss bio videos, or maybe they're part of the 50 challenge mode levels. Lots of performance achievements based on minimum difficulty as well as no damage achievements.

• Options
    Hahahahaha, that fucking chapter 1 boss. This is gonna be MGR with Transformers isn't it?

wWuzwvJ.png