As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] Who Circumnavigated Fairyland

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I've been having a few epiphanies lately. Like I realized my facial set up was all wrong because I was doing the center line before doing the jaw, so obviously the face is going to be off center.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Parnatural is a treasure and Zach Morrison is one of my heroes.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I loved! that comic, then (sadly like too many webcomics) he broke his RSS feed or something and it completely fell off my radar. May have to catch up this week.

• Options
    Webcomics thread serves as a more reliable (and potentially more frustrating) rss feed!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Man, spiders are neat and beneficial and just pretty swell in general but the situation at my apartment is getting out of hand.

I stepped out side and apparently he thought my head was a super gnat and was all like fuck yeah let me swing right into that. There's like, 3 spiders for every square foot of wall outside my door. That's too many spiders. And they aren't cute little guys either. These are surly spiders. I think one of them had an anchor tattoo.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    My daughter kept getting out of bed one night, the last attempt was her claiming to have a giant spider under her bed. "Go to bed!", I told her. But from her bed, she kept saying "Spiderrrrrrrrrr, I'm scared"

At this point, I had enough of her lies, and I open the door to scold her and see the BIGGEST spider I'd ever seen. God, I hate spiders.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2015
    I was lying in bed reading once when I looked down and saw a clump of dry grass that I assumed I had tracked in stuck to my clothes. I bent down to sweep it off the quilt and it suddenly sprung to life and scurried off the end of the bed.

I spent a good hour tearing the place apart trying to find it but never did.

DMAC on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Hey, is Imageshack down for anyone else?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Yall need a pest control service.

Spider free since 2015 OH GOD WHAT IS THAT

~stands on table for next day year forever~

Enc on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    The night that I saw a shooting star explode I'd actually gone out because the two biggest fucking spiders I've ever seen occupied our hall when I came home, so I just said no and went for a walk instead. When I came back they were gone... now I pretend I never saw them.

• Options
    Today there was the same huge kind of spider in the shower.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hey, is Imageshack down for anyone else?

Yep it's down.

Flay on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    THE SPIDERING HAS BEGUN

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Posted with mod informed.

Hey everyone, just wondering if any professional photographers / photo editing types were interested in some freelance work on my wedding photos. I've got both .jpegs and raw image files. Shoot me a PM if interested - probably around 15-20 photos in total for general touch ups and maybe some more artistic stuff for framing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I took photos of a house today that looked like an older man had lived there for sometime, and no one had really kept the house up. In the basement of the home I was setting up my tripod in a corner of the room, as I looked down at the legs of my tripod I saw funnel webs all over the carpet in the corners and along the walls lining the rec room. If I was afraid of spiders, I'm sure it would have been terrifying. It still gave me the heebie geebies something fierce though.

The spiders are taking over. I'm not sure I welcome our spider overlords.

Prospicience on
  • Options

Was it a daddy long legs?

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I think of all the spider types I've encountered, I'm least bothered by Daddy Long Legs.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    They can get a lot creepier if they hang out in a big pile, they like to congregate.

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I might be late to the party but has anyone watched the documentary Stripped by Dave Kellet? It's on Netflix now, it's about the newspaper comics industry and carries over into the present day webcomics era.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    I think
    Enc wrote: »

Was it a daddy long legs?

It's called a Huntsman Spider
    brown-huntsman-spider-real-japan-monsters-v03.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Alright, yeah. If I saw one of those it would definitely scare the shit out of me. Also, thank you for scaring me from never using a bathroom in Japan.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2015
    You have to include how the spider was ultimately dealt with in spider stories, guys.

Otherwise I have to assume that MT simply fled the premises and now his daughter is being raised by the spider.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    She's in good hands now. All eight of them.

• Options
    Pretty soon your daughter is going to be spinning webs of lies.

Ugh, that was bad. To redeem myself, I'm going to give this inktober thing a serious go.

• Options
    That was pretty creepy, prosp, but I don't think your puns are buging anyone.

• Options
    Spiders

• Options
    On an unspider note. I'm a little conflicted about this new Mac OS' name.

If I say "El Capitan" and I use proper Spanish pronunciation, I feel like a tool. I would have become that guy that doesn't study karate... he sutdies kah-rah-teh.

• Options
    KallistiKallisti Registered User regular
    czsho3smakrh.jpg

So, so excited, I can't remember the last time I was excited for an album drop.

• Options

If I say "El Capitan" and I use proper Spanish pronunciation, I feel like a tool. I would have become that guy that doesn't study karate... he sutdies kah-rah-teh.

Barf.
    Meanwhile the Japanese language can officially insist that an English word like "hamburger" is pronounced, "hamubaagaa" (IIRC, been a long time since I took that one Japanese class), and kah-rah-teh guys will think that is totally awesome and neat.

• Options
    if they ever offer you a "haambaagaa" youre probably gonna be dissapointed at the lack of buns and fries and the rice side dish.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Rice I can understand, but how do you have a hamburger without buns?

EDIT: That's a rissole! Japan must be stopped.

Flay on
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Living in foreign countries, you do a lot of pointing at the pictures in the menu for the first year.

Which is also my strategy in art!

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options

Just follow the example set in Yosemite and avoid the issue by calling it el cap'.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    edit: nvm

m3nace on
  • Options
    Grrr.
    I probably have the sloppiest-ass drawing of anyone that actually gets paid for art, having to go through a ton of cleanup and modifying to try to get things just in proportion...so whenever I see artists with solid mental previsualization and line control just able to put down the right line the first time and have it look good, it's like Al Pacino yelling at me like I was Kevin Spacey's character in Glengarry Glen Ross.

"Where did you learn your TRAAAAAADE. Who ever TOLD you you could work with men."

• Options
    Oh yah, I put that 30 page comic on my tumblr now, go check it out. (Didn't wanna post it in my thread since, well it's out there now and plus it'd be a hassle for the h-scroll, so I'll just dump a link in the chat thread.)

• Options
    acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Signed up for a 1-week course with Frank Santoro who's trying to start up that comics workshop rowhouse school in Pittsburgh! I don't know when it starts because he's busy but I'm excited!

@m3nace awesome seeing it all together! fuck you that's really good!

acadia on
  • Options
    Nice Acadia! Frank's class was one of those where all the lessons only really dawned upon me a couple of weeks after it was over, guy's got a lot of great ideas about comics. AFAIK he's like one of the only people who teach rhythm in comics, which to me is probably the most important element of all.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Catching up on the doodle thread, saw Zergling's post and said to myself, "Oh, I don't know those names. Must be artists, maybe local?"

That google result was... unexpected.

Edit: @m3nace Ahh so good!! In more ways than I anticipated. Great work man.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Posted about this over in the tech thread, but the newly announced surface 4 and book are looking like pretty solid art-laptop choices
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200061/art-tech-thread-wacom-yiynova-computer-builds-software-post-your-set-up#latest

Also I spent the long weekend in Colorado and now i understand why @Prospicience 's photos are so fly.