Options

Once Upon A Time In The [Chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    There's a brunch place in SF, Pink Elephant.

They have do a bottomless, make your own mimosa bar with like 20 different types of juice, yummie food featuring sassy bacon... which is like crisply fried bacon jerky, and typically pretty good EDM and sometimes an actual DJ.

kinda nifty.

omg can none of you do brunch right?

http://brunchforeverymeal.com/2013/03/12/7-rules-of-brunch/

barf

that woman does not deserve a proper brunch

Because she broke the code of silence by posting the rules instead of obliquely referencing them while criticizing other people?

>.>

those aren't the rules

that's not brunch

that's some insufferable yuppie bullshit

I'm pretty sure insufferable yuppies own the copyright to brunch now.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    There's a brunch place in SF, Pink Elephant.

They have do a bottomless, make your own mimosa bar with like 20 different types of juice, yummie food featuring sassy bacon... which is like crisply fried bacon jerky, and typically pretty good EDM and sometimes an actual DJ.

kinda nifty.

omg can none of you do brunch right?

http://brunchforeverymeal.com/2013/03/12/7-rules-of-brunch/

barf

that woman does not deserve a proper brunch

Because she broke the code of silence by posting the rules instead of obliquely referencing them while criticizing other people?

>.>

those aren't the rules

that's not brunch

that's some insufferable yuppie bullshit

I'm pretty sure insufferable yuppies own the copyright to brunch now.

they can pry it from my cold, dead hands

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I am not actually surprised to learn that there are rules for brunch

equally unsurprised to learn that they invoke images of insufferable yuppies in tennis skirts and expensive wrist watches.

those are not the proper rules

You know where you can get a proper brunch, unsullied by yuppies and hipsters? New Orleans

I'd only have brunch if the chef fled from Katrina

but chefs don't make cocktails.

chefs make food.

this whole thing you are saying doesn't make sense.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    brunch sounds bad.

like, the morning? Going out? On a weekend? So many warning flags.

• Options

equally unsurprised to learn that they invoke images of insufferable yuppies in tennis skirts and expensive wrist watches.

You know where you can get a proper brunch, unsullied by yuppies and hipsters? New Orleans

chefs make food.

any idiot can make a mimosa

brunch cocktails are the super easy bit

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I think my only real problem with the Civ5 religion implementation is that there's no real atheism option.

You can ignore religion for the most part if it's not part of your strategy, but you can't really opt out. Your people and cities will eventually follow one.

It might have been interesting if high science cities would eventually lose religiosity, so the focus on one could cost you in other field.

Well it's not as if there's a historically long tradition of atheism.

Certainly religions that don't focus on a creator god, but they're deffo not atheism.

And I mean historically churches, clergy, priesthoods, temples, etc. were more often centers of scientific knowledge and literacy rather than acting against them.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    so there I was

balls deep in this poached egg

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    bartending is easy

even bartenders can do it for gods sake

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    brunch sounds bad.

acceptable morning drinking.

• Options
    drinking is not the purpose of brunch

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    brunch sounds bad.

acceptable morning drinking.

I don't drink.

But I hear that you do brunch after drinking. Possibly while hung over. Dragging oneself around, torturing yourself.

Also you can drink at home.

• Options
    The purpose of brunch is to show off your success to the important people in your life.

And possibly eat a late breakfast.

• Options
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Of course not, it's to dish with all your fellow upper middle class bffs about the embarrassing sexual encounter you had the previous night, or talk about the latest overpriced fashion accessory from your favorite boutique in the village, or to do a boring monologue because the show's conceit is you're a writer even though it's hard to believe anyone would pay to publish this dreck

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

chefs make food.

any idiot can make a mimosa

brunch cocktails are the super easy bit

you do understand that brunch cocktails also include bloody marys, various corpse revivers, and fancy ass seasonal cocktails?
    Like, you can't just start in on mimosi. You won't get drunk. You get a couple real cocktails in you, and then maintain your drunk as hell with mimosi.

poor poor summer child.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Of course not, it's to dish with all your fellow upper middle class bffs about the embarrassing sexual encounter you had the previous night, or talk about the latest overpriced fashion accessory from your favorite boutique in the village, or to do a boring monologue because the show's conceit is you're a writer even though it's hard to believe anyone would pay to publish this dreck

This is getting oddly specific.

Show us where Sex and the City hurt you.

• Options
    drinking is not the purpose of brunch

Hail Hydra?

• Options
    one does not get drunk at bunch

how barbaric

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    it's when a cafe or bar targets people with disposable income and flexible working hours with promotional discounts to get something out of the post-breakfast quiet slump, and then it turns out that it's fashionable to have disposable income and spare time (quelle surprise), so it turns from finger food and drinks (half off) to just finger food and drinks.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

This is getting oddly specific.

Show us where Sex and the City hurt you.

It is cultural arsenic.

• Options
    it would defeat the purpose entirely to become intoxicated at brunch

my god

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    841 comments on the Microsoft products thread on hn.

I guess it's well-received.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    it's when a cafe or bar targets people with disposable income and flexible working hours with promotional discounts to get something out of the post-breakfast quiet slump, and then it turns out that it's fashionable to have disposable income and spare time (quelle surprise), so it turns from finger food and drinks (half off) to just finger food and drinks.

most people do not have to work late sunday morning

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I should probably pack my bags since I'm flying out at 6am tomorrow

on the other hand, sitting around like a useless sack of shit is pretty appealing

• Options

(singapura singapura)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Had to work late on a Sunday morning
    Hanging my head, but no time for mourning. I ain't got no time
    And I had brrruuuunnnnnccchhhhhh

• Options
    where, well, office drones don't normally have to work on sunday mornings either, but in those cases the brunch cafes don't get much business either

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I've never watched sex and the city

and I don't really intend to

but if that's where people are getting their horrid misconceptions of brunch though, I must hate it as a matter of principle

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Oh and I feel the same way about Entourage.

In a lot of ways Entourage feels like the masculine Sex and the City.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Hm, I never eat breakfast, I skipped lunch today because I wasn't feeling hungry, and now it's 9 PM and I'm still not hungry.

I blame my co-worker who put a giant bowl of Reese's in the middle of the office. I probably got my daily calorie needs from that alone. I shall leave my next dentist bill on her desk.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I would like to subscribe to Knitdan reviews sex and the city please.

• Options

(singapura singapura)

I was thinking more shomer shabbat, but then I typically end up brunching on saturday.

• Options

(singapura singapura)

Singapore may not have brunch

I don't know

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Oh and I feel the same way about Entourage.

In a lot of ways Entourage feels like the masculine Sex and the City.

also younger, and on a worse coast

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm

Spec Ops tried to do a few things

I need to sleep to consolidate thoughts, but my first impression is that by doing too many, it weakened some of the messages and they got muddled.

• Options

(singapura singapura)

I was thinking more shomer shabbat, but then I typically end up brunching on saturday.

you can't brunch on saturday

that's something else

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hmm

Spec Ops tried to do a few things

I need to sleep to consolidate thoughts, but my first impression is that by doing too many, it weakened some of the messages and they got muddled.

hey

hugggggs

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

(singapura singapura)

you can't brunch on saturday

that's something else

Yes, "Boozy Brunch".

How hung over to you want me to be on monday?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The true purpose of brunch is to fill your empty life with bourgeoisie class indicators.

This black empty husk of existential dread isn't going fill itself.

Apothe0sis on
This discussion has been closed.