Options

[Heroes of the Storm] New heroes! Mode! Maps! Ruin friendships with Cho'gall!

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Yo ETC is legit as fuck this patch. His health got buffed, his stun got buffed to 1.25 seconds up from 1 second (THAT'S MASSIVE!!!), Face Melt got a 2 second cooldown reduction, Guitar Solo got a buff, Prog Rock got buffed from 2 to 3 regen per tick which also means that Groupies got buffed. You can put out a TON of healing by going Prog Rock -> Groupies and farming Regen globes. At level 20, Guitar Solo/Groupies will heal 157 per sec for 4 seconds. But with let's say, 30 stacks of Prog Rock, it will heal an extra 90 per second for a total of 247 per sec for 4 seconds.

ETC's really dang good right now.

Edit: Almost forgot, here's the two ways I build him:

Full Disruption: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/etc#gOi_
    Focuses on Q/W talents. Mic Check and Pinball Wizard are still bad so I don't take those. Of note, Speed Metal and Echo Pedal are also fine choices at 16 if you don't need the extra CC of Encore, but damn it's good with all the other W talents.

Let's Pretend We're A Support: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/etc#rtYM
    Focuses on E, mostly. Again, Prog Rock/Groupies is fuckin' good. You can pretty much grab whatever at 7 or 16 but I like the extra healing Guitar Hero provides. Just Keep Rockin' is a safe bet vs teams with a lot of CC though. Level 20 is left blank because anything is good there, pretty much.

how has the "support" build been? i tried it not long after the patch and wasn't all that impressed. i do like how ETC is now but ive never liked the e buffs for the most part

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Supagoat wrote: »
    Re: Novas missing snipe... It's really frikken hard to hit with because the snipe comes out the gun, which is basically at the top of the character's model, however it follows a path parallel to the line between Nova's feet and the mouse cursor. That means you need to aim your mouse lower than where you want the shot to go. To make it more difficult, the amount you need to offset changes with the direction you're shooting in. So at a compass angle of north/northwest you don't need to make any adjustments, but firing due east and west you need to adjust quite a lot.

If true, this is something that should be fixed ASAP! Hopefully a dev will hear about it 8-)

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    chat channels in hots are still buggy as FUUUUUUUUCK

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Yo ETC is legit as fuck this patch. His health got buffed, his stun got buffed to 1.25 seconds up from 1 second (THAT'S MASSIVE!!!), Face Melt got a 2 second cooldown reduction, Guitar Solo got a buff, Prog Rock got buffed from 2 to 3 regen per tick which also means that Groupies got buffed. You can put out a TON of healing by going Prog Rock -> Groupies and farming Regen globes. At level 20, Guitar Solo/Groupies will heal 157 per sec for 4 seconds. But with let's say, 30 stacks of Prog Rock, it will heal an extra 90 per second for a total of 247 per sec for 4 seconds.

ETC's really dang good right now.

Edit: Almost forgot, here's the two ways I build him:

Full Disruption: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/etc#gOi_
    Focuses on Q/W talents. Mic Check and Pinball Wizard are still bad so I don't take those. Of note, Speed Metal and Echo Pedal are also fine choices at 16 if you don't need the extra CC of Encore, but damn it's good with all the other W talents.

Let's Pretend We're A Support: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/etc#rtYM
    Focuses on E, mostly. Again, Prog Rock/Groupies is fuckin' good. You can pretty much grab whatever at 7 or 16 but I like the extra healing Guitar Hero provides. Just Keep Rockin' is a safe bet vs teams with a lot of CC though. Level 20 is left blank because anything is good there, pretty much.

how has the "support" build been? i tried it not long after the patch and wasn't all that impressed. i do like how ETC is now but ive never liked the e buffs for the most part

I've honestly been really impressed by it. It's kept my team in fights longer and let us push longer because the supplemental healing is quite effective.

I think perhaps the first build is probably the better of the two, but it's definitely viable and definitely has its place vs certain comps.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Groupies build is extraordinarily good in QM when both teams are lacking a support. If you're good about building up Prog Rock you can probably outheal a Brightwing by the time you hit 13, while still doing other ETC things.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I've been solo queuing a ton lately and it has been great. I needed PA to get me out of hell but now my experience has been really good solo. Teams that work together, rare toxicity. both in HL and QM.

Can I rub your head for some of that good luck?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    wooooo level 22 and level 23s in my game telling me how new and shit i am because i picked raynor, probably the best ranged assassin in the game right now.

forgetting to turn off qm chat is the worst. multiple new players who think they know everything against 5 players who were all rank 6 or higher, 4 of them in a party. 2-14.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    raynor is godlike. They're probably basing that opinion on how shit they are with raynor, because he's free if you're terrible.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    raynor is godlike. They're probably basing that opinion on how shit they are with raynor, because he's free if you're terrible.

don't have to tell me, he destroys teams. after 13 he's terrifying, and once he gets stun at 16 he's a walking death for nearly any hero in the game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Finally got Sonya to level 10!

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Finally played a game as Jaina after buying her on sale like 3 weeks ago or whatever it was. Man, I was missing out. She's so good :biggrin:
    DbI6ydD.png

100% kill participation in my first game, I'll take it.

Unrelated, how accurate/important is HOTSlogs if I want to get any sense of my actual skill level? I am sort of curious, but it seems sort of manual and fiddly.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Had an Illidan who was 6-12 at around the 14 minute mark.

It was vs AI.

Good thing we still won but man...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    if possible, play more drunk (that's what I do)

Hopefully you're joking.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »
    If true, this is something that should be fixed ASAP! Hopefully a dev will hear about it 8-)

I was trying to make a video of it this morning and in the process I turned my quickcast from "on" to "on release" and discovered something really interesting. The guide it displays is correct - if it's green, you will hit. However, it can hit and still make the bolt appear to have missed. So maybe I've been hitting more than I thought. I decided to head into work, but I'll put up a video tonight showing what I mean.

• Options
    OK, no, seriously. Nova OP. At least at this level of play.
    s3hl61wv7i7l.png

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Hopefully you're joking.

I would let you guess how many times we have played and I was drunk.

(well, usually 2 'american' strength beers, but still)

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I really wish you had some choice in dailies. It's a little frustrating that I prefer to main support, but haven't had a support daily in weeks. Which basically means I have to spend the night playing 2nd or 3rd choice roles, or choose not to earn much gold at all (these are typically the only games I can play).

Would it be difficult for them to implement a discard daily option like they have in Hearthstone? That would at least help a little.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    I bought Leo with gold 2-3 weeks ago.
    Had like 3K left.

I'm back to 23K or 28K gold now (I can't recall the same number).

Aside from dailies, it helps that Nova and Anub were free and I got them to lv 5 yesterday.

Yes, VS AI games since I've never really played them and didn't want to succumb QM pubs to my low level play.
    (I slid as Anub in the completely opposite direction during a team fight... back to the safety of my wall... -_-' )

but yeah Nova's snipe feels weird... I have quickcast so I can't say for sure but I guess I just gotta get a feel for it... like leading people when aiming.

@Supagoat It should be easy to show the different angles and mouse positioning in Try mode with the target dummy.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Kai_San wrote: »

Hopefully you're joking.

I would let you guess how many times we have played and I was drunk.

(well, usually 2 'american' strength beers, but still)

I'm a massive lightweight and it's usually not shitfaced, more like "haha everything is funny after 2 beers"

But I also once scientifically* proved that I'm better at multiplayer games after appx. 2 beers, so

(*a sober friend and I played Super Smash Brawl while I drank about a half a beer per match. I am normally pretty terrible at Smash, and my friend rather good, but 4 games in, or 2 beers, I started to kick his ass. Then after beer 3.5 I started to suck much more, and beer 4 was "okay you're cut off")

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Groupies build is extraordinarily good in QM when both teams are lacking a support. If you're good about building up Prog Rock you can probably outheal a Brightwing by the time you hit 13, while still doing other ETC things.

I did exactly this one game last week. It worked out really well considering neither side had a support and I was focused on gathering regency globes. It was a great experience and I really hope that blizzard can release or rework champions to provide two very different viable specs (from a QM standpoint).

Really increases the value and lifetime of the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    (also, I really am mostly kidding about drunk playing; I usually play in the morning anyway due to my work schedule, so being drunk would be really silly)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I've been winning a lot in HL, and the game suddenly rewarded me with 220 match points. Interesting! Kinda curious to play more and see if that was a one-time deal (man, I love getting points from videogames; I am just like the #1 target for these feedback loops). Now I'm at rank 18...I seriously doubt I could make it to 1, but 10 is probably a realistic goal? Probably need to broaden my champion pool more.

Right now I play, where 'tier' is meant to indicate the champion's effectiveness in my hands:
    dps (tier 1): Valla, Raynor, Zagara
    dps (tier 2): Jaina
    dps (tier 3): Zeratul, Sylvanas

support (tier 0): Lili
    support (tier 1): Uther, Rehgar
    support (tier 2): Malfurion

tank (tier 2): Johanna

Who should I add or work on improving? I've very seldom been forced to play tank. I do own some other champions; if I haven't listed them, it's because I haven't played them in HL, probably because I am bad at them, but sometimes because they are Tassadar or Tyrande and I just never know when to go for it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    but yeah Nova's snipe feels weird... I have quickcast so I can't say for sure but I guess I just gotta get a feel for it... like leading people when aiming.
    @Supagoat It should be easy to show the different angles and mouse positioning in Try mode with the target dummy.

Yeah that's what I was doing. When I was using quickcast it looked like it was missing when it should have hit. By switching to release cast I was able to verify that it was hitting when the guide said it should, so at least that's consistent and correct. However sometimes the shot continues on and looks like a miss even though it was a hit. Anyway, I'll put up a video tonight about it. All is well with it, however.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I've been winning a lot in HL, and the game suddenly rewarded me with 220 match points. Interesting! Kinda curious to play more and see if that was a one-time deal (man, I love getting points from videogames; I am just like the #1 target for these feedback loops). Now I'm at rank 18...I seriously doubt I could make it to 1, but 10 is probably a realistic goal? Probably need to broaden my champion pool more.

Right now I play, where 'tier' is meant to indicate the champion's effectiveness in my hands:

Who should I add or work on improving? I've very seldom been forced to play tank. I do own some other champions; if I haven't listed them, it's because I haven't played them in HL, probably because I am bad at them, but sometimes because they are Tassadar or Tyrande and I just never know when to go for it.

Muradin, Kael, new ETC, and Medic imo

• Options
    edited October 2015
    It was only one game but I like the new tassadar. I think he may legitimately be able to solo "heal", but I want a few more games to be sure. Felt more impactful trying out forcewall than I ever did with archon. Unfortunately if he still is undertuned compared to other supports he will likely still be relegated to the "never used" pile since he has basically zero offensive output.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've had a couple solo Tassadar support games since the patch. It works. I haven't played Tassadar personally since the patch. Nearly all my time has been spent on Morales and Raynor, but in a couple of my Raynor games we didn't have a healer, and it worked just fine with only Tass.

I've also seen a lot more Force Wall usage.

• Options
    His offensive output is near triple that of Morales. But, at least she can take stim and make up for it.

• Options
    We fought a tass who used force wall yesterday.

It was a 5-man premade and they were highly organized (medivac drop as well), but man that forecwall was ANNOYING.
    He used it really well to escape / save allies / ensure kills.

It's like a mini entomb.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I really wish you had some choice in dailies. It's a little frustrating that I prefer to main support, but haven't had a support daily in weeks. Which basically means I have to spend the night playing 2nd or 3rd choice roles, or choose not to earn much gold at all (these are typically the only games I can play).

Would it be difficult for them to implement a discard daily option like they have in Hearthstone? That would at least help a little.

It's coming.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    That feeling when Nazeebo uses zombie wall to encircle both you and an enemy. My Sonya in close quarters with a squishy? Aww, you shouldn't have.

• Options
    I wish force wall was just a little bit easier at level 10(longer range or something). I'd be more than happy to cough up part of the low cool down for that.

• Options
    I agree. Increase the cast distance of Force Wall by like 2 tiles and to balance it out add like 3 seconds to the cooldown.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

Muradin, Kael, new ETC, and Medic imo

:( yeah I probably can't avoid getting Kael if I'm going to mostly play dps. It's just he's so expensive and I only have 8K gold slowly and painfully acquired. But doing my dailies in HL was preventing me from ranking up so I started ignoring them and now the bad ones have accumulated (play 3 warriors....bleh!)

Medic is very much on the backburner for me. I do not like what I can see of her playstyle--I like to be an aggressive support, either damaging (with Lili), or play-making (with Uther). I can tell she's good but I don't think I'd enjoy her much.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular

I think it's just because the quest pool is so much larger in Hearthstone, and you are less likely to pull quests that complement each other

They could implement it in Heroes but personally I don't mind the current quest system. Three slots is enough that you can let the asssassin quest sit there until you get forced to fill a role in Ranked or something

• Options
    Oh wow, did anyone see the post on reddit about a pretty SEVERE Tass bug? Apparently the talent distortion beam turns your auto attack into a channeled dot. Except the damage ticks immediately at the start. So someone found out due to this you could start/stop his auto repeatedly and get ticks each time. Therefore, add in out of game scripting to spam stop/start at absurd rates = Tass 1 shots everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDQqhibzaU&feature=youtu.be

• Options

Well, we all knew Protoss were OP.

Right, @Dhalphir ?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That was a really badly made video, but interesting bug. Bet blizzard fixes it soon.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erm, its a direct replay feed, it wasn't even really 'made'. I would supposed they did not want to waste any time editing.

The Reddit post had a link to the replay itself.

You can basically see the dude making sure no one even has vision on him sometimes when hes doing things. Except for dropping the core.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    silly oneshot bugs notwithstanding, tassadar seems really scary in protect the x comps. shield is annoying as fuck now. still think he's not a primary support, but he works well with a lot of the supports who can do damage like lili/malf.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Tass works really well with Morales too. I played a game the other night with me on Morales and a rando on Tass. He was really good and he concentrated on keeping me alive and doing DPS, while I concentrated on keeping everyone else alive.

Since Morales is super weak to dive heroes and has literally zero escapes, having a pocket Tassadar for shields and a Force Wall to help keep persistent chasers off of her is pretty huge.

In that specific match we were against an enemy Kerrigan, and she would dive me, then I would bounce her away with my grenade, and then Tassadar would throw down the wall between me and Kerrigan, which basically forced a disengage and gave me time to safely reposition.

This discussion has been closed.