As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

19495969798100»

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    @Nought

I wont pry as to the whys, but I hope everythings okay.

As for recommendations, if you are going to be confined for a month..maybe Regrowth pack? Its a questmod pack, and it can go fast at first..but you start slowing down as the quests require things that are more complex to build, and recipes are vastly different. Like, iirc either the BC laser or assembly table (I don't remember which) requires tier 3 botania runes, which are annoying things to make. It also tends to not have the popular stuff like MFR and Ender IO, forcing you to come up with solutions with BC pipes and such.

if you are not into that, Infinity is a good kitchen sink pack.

If you have a really beefy, beefy machine, Resonant Rise 3 has about every mod under the sun which could be long lasting if you explore everyone.

as for Minecraft version, Modded minecraft usually lags behind official Minecraft. 1.8 changed a lot of stuff, and most the big mods seem to have skipped it over in favor of 1.9, but as far as I'm aware there's no major mod development on that front yet. So, unless you want to play Vanilla Minecraft, you are stuck with 1.7, which isn't a big deal..its sold, stable, and has a vast array of packs and mods.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Friend of mine is doing weird things with command blocks again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LsdDNpxp2A

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Thanks @Buttcleft

Read the last few pages, and Regrowth sound a bit annoying to me, if I can't go into what I want, when I want. I'm way to good at creating makework for myself in Minecraft as is :)

Think I will try Infinity then.

Putting this in spoiler since it isn't about Minecraft.
    Oh, I'm comfortable in taking about why I'm here. Having some unfortunate thoughts and had sort of a setback last week. Feeling like the hospital isn't helping as much as it should, since I can't stand waiting for other people to get around to doing things. So setting up a resource operation in Minecraft for the 43th time should help me thinking about something I like hopefully.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Regrowth is definitely not minecraft like you know it.

You start out in a dead world, and the only resources you can get your hands on are dead, burned trees and flint.

and you start from there, following the quests, and bring life back to the world. You create flint tools, mine out veins of dirt (yes, in Regrowth you actually get excited for finding dirt and hope the veins never end) create new plants, seeds, create animals, rediscover industry, magic, etc.

Every much a progression mod.

Its not the jump in and do anything anywhere anyhow like a kitchen sink pack.

Hope things work out for you.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It's kinda like Agrarian Skies but without the skyblock aspect, it's pretty neat.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Regrowth is definitely not minecraft like you know it.

You start out in a dead world, and the only resources you can get your hands on are dead, burned trees and flint.

and you start from there, following the quests, and bring life back to the world. You create flint tools, mine out veins of dirt (yes, in Regrowth you actually get excited for finding dirt and hope the veins never end) create new plants, seeds, create animals, rediscover industry, magic, etc.

Every much a progression mod.

Its not the jump in and do anything anywhere anyhow like a kitchen sink pack.

Hope things work out for you.

No thanks. I did my time on Fire Island.

The fire. The screams. The endless breaking of cactus blocks.

Damn, the flashbacks always get me.

:)

Spawned into a brand spanking new Infinity Biomes'o'plenti world. Mountains, with a cove of sorta jungle, and can see water that could look like it connects to ocean.

Perfect! Just the terrain I love.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hm, Thaumcraft is triggered via a hidden quest that requires making the thauminomicon.

But its gated hard by witchery, because you cant do anything more than get the thauminomicon and make the thaumometer before you need greatwood, and to create greatwood you need mutandis extremis to make treefyd seeds, which are used in the runic altar to make a greatwood sapling.

and you need greatwood to make the research table.

so even if I wanted to get into thaumcraft previously, I couldn't cause I'd have had to progress through witchery.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Well, you know what they say: Get busy Witchin or get busy grindin.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Witchery is my favorite part of regrowth, personally.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Yep I've progressed to the treefyd seeds.

Got a pretty big area, 23x23, above my garden tower that's been turned into a nature preserve. need to plant more shit up there for more altar power though, not even broke 5k power yet.

I wonder if crops in agricrop cropstick things will register as plants to the altar..

edit
    How tough are Treefyds?

Could I plant, say, 15 of them in my gaia arena and autofarm gaia drops?

edit
    How do you make drop of luck?

I have the witches cauldron, its over fire, its full of water, I throw the mandrake, netherwart, tears of the goddess, refined evil and mutandis extremis in the cauldron.

the water turns green..and nothing.

I've tried twice now, and nothing is happening.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Is it within ~15 blocks of the altar? Most things made in the cauldron require power from the altar. The witches' brews book should give you an idea of how much it needs, but is not the most clear. Drops of luck especially need a lot of power, I think it's 6k or more.
    If it's not close enough you might be able to pull the incomplete mixture out with buckets and put it back in after moving the cauldron.

• Options
    Yeah, and I made other things in the cauldron successfully.

Huh, I guess I'm over a 1000 altar power short if it needs 6k. Need to figure out how to increase my power (already have a wither skull, candelabra, a chalice and a arthana on it, plus an entire jungle of plants)

• Options
    Welp I don't know what happened but I think I'm done with regrowth.

Decided to go harvest my crops and all the crops in my basement are gone. My 10 10 10 diamond, emerald, coal, redstone, lapis, glowstone, ender, spider, skeleton, thaumcraft shard, amber, cinnabar, etc.

Poofed.

thin air

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    That kinda stinks @Buttcleft . Did it happen after a pack update or did something just get loose in your farm and trample the crops?

Also @Radiation it's about time to put this year-and-a-half-old thread to bed. If anyone wants something to be in the new OP you should probably speak up about it now.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    But that would involve me updating the OP and work and nyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................
    New thread here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/201352/a-new-minecraft-thread-a-new-minecraft-game-a-new-minecraft-op-what?new=1

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl