Options

PWG puts on best show of the year, surprising no one [WRESTLING]

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The obnoxious thing about WWE releasing Brad Maddox is that he's another guy who I bet will show up at various indies like Sydal and Hawkins and Trent and have amazing matches that would help WWE's product.

...and why doesn't WWE use these guys?

Just because.

Hawkins is still bland, sorry.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The obnoxious thing about WWE releasing Brad Maddox is that he's another guy who I bet will show up at various indies like Sydal and Hawkins and Trent and have amazing matches that would help WWE's product.

Just because.

So are many of the guys WWE does use. Including their current champion, and the guy they're grooming to be the face of the company.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I've watched this video like, four times since Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWFBWGS59E

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    YO WHY THE FUCK DID NONE OF Y'ALL TELL ME WWE IS MAKING SUPPORTERS SCARVES AND ONE OF THEM IS FOR KEVIN OWENS?!?

Wait, what?

I am also indignant that I was not made aware of this!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options

Just because.

So are many of the guys WWE does use. Including their current champion, and the guy they're grooming to be the face of the company.

Well that doesn't change how I feel on Hawkins. And to be quite honest losing Sydal wasn't that big of a deal either since Neville is a better version on him.

But hey, opinions.

• Options
    And I'm glad Sydal and those other guys are doing well outside of WWE.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Rev Pro BF special CUuZQNbXAAAmWub.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Smackdown spoilers some of you will like (not sure if they were brought up before)...
    Team B.A.D. is hanging out at The New Day's Thanksgiving potluck. Others who show include Heath Slater and the Ascension, who each have their moments.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Between the media generation thread and me wanting to get back into video editing for a while I think I'm gonna try to make a promo package for Takeover London for fun

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Why are you not watching DDT, Part 1294088569760: Oishi nearly convinced Honda to turn on Dino, but then video montage of their friendship plays on screen, ruining the plan

Just as Honda was about to beat Oishi, the ref refused to make the 3 count, and video montage of his [the ref's] secret friendship with Oishi plays on screen

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Just because.

I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THE FUCKING MOON!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    The New Day thing I mentioned is happening on January 22nd in downtown Atlanta at Wizard World Gaming (it's a gaming-centric theme because the last two WW Atlanta shows with comic/media themes bombed). Here's their schedule
    *Appearing FRIDAY ONLY
    4:00PM – 8:00PM
    4:00PM Selfie Photo Ops
    4:45PM Autographs
    5:45PM Q&A Panel
    6:45PM Video Game Play

That last part yesssssssssssssss. I also might be able to position myself to be the groups handlers when they arrive.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Bayley vs Eva was perfectly executed

They played the crowd like a fiddle

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    My alternate to Raw this Monday is Beyond Wrestling Greatest Rivals Round Robin.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

proving once again that "smart" marks are still marks

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Did it end with Eva being Fultoned out of the arena?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

proving once again that "smart" marks are still marks

Still the best trolling of those types of fans

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xM9dUFzN-bA

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Nothing like watching Bayley wrestle herself for ten minutes.

Thank Christ someone in NXT had the good sense not to give the Women's title to someone who can't actually wrestle just because she got crowd heat for sucking.

Spoiler: They were never going to give her the belt. They just knew that people would talk about the match if they put Bayley against Eva.

You got worked son.

Given the decision making processes in WWE, there's no way anyone could have been sure that they wouldn't until they didn't.

I mean, I had faith that they wouldn't, but still...there's always that worry...

First off Randle I know you really dislike Eva but she's far from the worst wrestler ever. Second, you do know Raw and NXT are run by different people right?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Randall never said she was the worst wrestler ever

Just that she is not someone the belt should be on which is 100% true

That said, that match was absolutely fantastic but that is entirely due to the story it told and not due to Eva's skills. She was alright but nothing special and still really slow.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Nothing like watching Bayley wrestle herself for ten minutes.

Thank Christ someone in NXT had the good sense not to give the Women's title to someone who can't actually wrestle just because she got crowd heat for sucking.

Spoiler: They were never going to give her the belt. They just knew that people would talk about the match if they put Bayley against Eva.

You got worked son.

Given the decision making processes in WWE, there's no way anyone could have been sure that they wouldn't until they didn't.

I mean, I had faith that they wouldn't, but still...there's always that worry...

First off Randle I know you really dislike Eva but she's far from the worst wrestler ever. Second, you do know Raw and NXT are run by different people right?

She's not that far. And she definitely shouldn't have won the belt. Her heat is all the result of her being a terrible pro wrestler, not because of anything she's doing correctly.

That said, NXT took a massive flaw and turned it into a good story, even if, like I said, the match was mostly Bayley carrying Eva on her back. And then they moved to focus to a challenge for Bayley who can actually wrestle and will probably, deservedly, win the title. These things all make me happy.

Don't tell me that just because Triple H is "in charge" of NXT that I'm not allowed to worry about booking decisions. I still often feel like NXT isn't real, because they keep making correct decisions while being the developmental system of a wrestling company that doesn't. I'm allowed to worry that some day that might not be true.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    HHH doesn't personally book NXT does he? Or does he just make the final say?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Final say I believe.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    devi-chan.......<3

• Options
    I watched Impact off and on yesterday. It was mostly fine, Lashley vs Aries was a good main event. The last DA ROH episode was really good as well, Roddy beating Lethal for the TV title was excellent.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Still not a fan of him having the title, but damn if Sheamus doesn't appear to be having a ball out there.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Still not a fan of him having the title, but damn if Sheamus doesn't appear to be having a ball out there.

Sheamus plays a great asshole bully, which is weird because he doesn't seem like that outside of wrestling.

• Options

Sheamus plays a great asshole bully, which is weird because he doesn't seem like that outside of wrestling.

he was literally a spokesperson for their anti-bullying campaign

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Remember that feud with Mark Henry where Sheamus bullied him all the time? And Sheamus was supposed to be the face?

Good times.

• Options
    Ooh, that Paige/Lynch finish was unfortunate. It looked like it was supposed to have Paige getting her feet on the ropes to hold Becky down but they wound up too far out. Real bummer.

But New Day Thanksgiving is here and everything is magical.

• Options
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Remember that feud with Mark Henry where Sheamus bullied him all the time? And Sheamus was supposed to be the face?

Good times.

He was the worst face, just a giant bully and a dick.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

But he wasn't using this current character at the time.

• Options

I was agreeing with you, dude

• Options

Give this man the WWE Championship.

• Options

I was agreeing with you, dude

I thought you were trying to make the same point Schide made, my bad.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular

Give this man the WWE Championship.

the title can't handle the booty

This discussion has been closed.