As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kind of a blah [Steam] sa.. OH GOD WOLFENSTEIN: TNO FOR $9!!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Ok, this is going to sound very random, but did any of you send me the Glittering Wings back item on GW2? The message didn't actually tell me who they were from. I think someone was trying to get around my non-accepting gifts, because you can't really reject those. However, I already have them, so we're going to need to put in tickets so that you can get your gems back. (But thank you! They are definitely one of the best back items - they're the ones I use all the time. <3 ) Anyway, whoever that was, please send me a message on here or on GW2, and we will get things worked out.

There's a glittering wings back item?

How many gems is that going for? Asking for a friend...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Someone help convince me to get the MSI GTX 970 4G from newegg. I can currently get it there for $490AUD total shipped or I could go to a local PC store in person and get it for $529. Newegg is obviously cheaper, but if I need to get a replacement is could be a pain due to having to ship it back, whereas the local PC store I could just do it in person.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ok, this is going to sound very random, but did any of you send me the Glittering Wings back item on GW2? The message didn't actually tell me who they were from. I think someone was trying to get around my non-accepting gifts, because you can't really reject those. However, I already have them, so we're going to need to put in tickets so that you can get your gems back. (But thank you! They are definitely one of the best back items - they're the ones I use all the time. <3 ) Anyway, whoever that was, please send me a message on here or on GW2, and we will get things worked out.

Clever way of getting around a gifting restriction I'll give 'em that.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Nobody would have thought of it

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular

There's a glittering wings back item?

How many gems is that going for? Asking for a friend...

500 - They sparkle, and have a soft light to them, too!
    lPrlcVa.jpg?1
    And because I'm quite happy with how my character currently looks:
    Cl2Xfyg.png

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever bought something hassle-free when a company's own funbucks were involved. I'm sure there's some convoluted marketing or accounting reason they keep trying this, but at best it's felt like an unneeded extra few steps in the transaction.

I think it's mostly so they can do shit like price DLC at 800 points and only let you buy them in 500 point increments. Then you have 200 points just sitting there, might as well buy something, but oh wait, that thing I'd like is 300 points. 500 more it is.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @HyphyKezzy is a dastardly scoundrel and has given me Her Story without provocation! Thanks :D My wife and I were keen to pick this up at some stage and play through it on our Christmas holidays so you've done us a great favour by doing the honours :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sparkling, glowy, glittering wings?

Hmmm...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Today has been a good day. Steam sale has been eventful thus far as well. For my first Steam sale as part of this community, I felt welcomed. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone again. I ate too much... should have known better. Now to play some new video games!

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever bought something hassle-free when a company's own funbucks were involved. I'm sure there's some convoluted marketing or accounting reason they keep trying this, but at best it's felt like an unneeded extra few steps in the transaction.

I think it's mostly so they can do shit like price DLC at 800 points and only let you buy them in 500 point increments. Then you have 200 points just sitting there, might as well buy something, but oh wait, that thing I'd like is 300 points. 500 more it is.

This would encourage me to (A) figure out to the last bit what I wanted and how much it all was and what it would cost so I knew how much to charge and then either call the rest a loss, or figure it to an exact number or (B) just say fuck it all and ignore any game using that system of purchase.

Generally, B has won out thus far.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    I'm awful at our darker purpose. I thought I was a binding of isaac vet.

I blame the tryptomakeyasleepay from too much turkey.

I think more folk should play this and share in my misery.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    A couple friends and I have decided to grab BL:The Pre-Sequal and play it together. Just wondering now if the season pass is worth getting or not. Any thoughts?

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    So I saw on slickdeals where a few people were claiming that a site said there wasn't going to be a winter sale this year and that the current one is it?

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Nobody would have thought of it

None of that now.

Also I thank @Scratchy for his gift of "Our Darker Purpose" but I unfortunately must decline as I am currently in the midst of a gifting moratorium for reasons. Thank you very much and I do hope you find someone else to accept this gift.

• Options
    Getting difficult to hategift folks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Traps N' Gemstones looks clowning but none of my Steam friends seem to have it. Have any of you played it?

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    A couple friends and I have decided to grab BL:The Pre-Sequal and play it together. Just wondering now if the season pass is worth getting or not. Any thoughts?

i quite enjoyed the Claptastic DLC, and there seems to be a lot of love for the Doppel-jack character, Afterbirth hit before i could really get around to moving on to a non-Nisha character. But i'd suppose the price for those two separate is probably around the Season Pass, so you may as well pick it up for the other character as well?

Aside, though familiar to the folks in the Isaac thread, the Lost and the Keeper can both go suck a butt.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So with the sale not getting new deals every x hours like in the past, I forgot that it was still going on when people were talking about their library number. And I was 4 below the magic number of 500 and had been for a while. I chimed in and... well mistakes were made.

QTBjDXm.png
    OyGlMEp.png

Thanks @Quical, you classy bastard you.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Doppelganger is great if you like pet classes and somebody in your group already laid claim to Wilhelm. Claptastic Voyage is also fantastic. The Baroness is not great, though she may just not be my type of character, and the Holodome is just arena waves. It is definitely more shooting, but the location is boring, and while you get Axton and Gaige voice overs I do not think that they make up the pack being essentially just one more circle of slaughter.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    We decided to just splurge the extra 6 bucks and get the pass, thanks for the info!

Broforce is as great as you guys said. So much personality in that game, and every character unlock has brought a smirk to my face so far. Lots of variety in how the characters play too. Is there somewhere in the game to see a list of all the characters you've unlocked? I couldn't find that anywhere. And is it always just random what character you play as?

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Managed to make it run somewhat decent (broforce) it seems random from what I've seen still, and there isn't a way to my knowledge to view your bro's and bro'ettes. I'm stuck on one of the single bro missions now (which is new to me) and it seems like it requires a jumper or someone like blade who can rush forward. I retried the level six or seven times and I have no idea how the albroithm works.

If you want a spoiler list of the bros and brosephinas than you could check here:
    http://broforce.wikia.com/wiki/Bros

Don't check til you've unlocked em all if it's making you smile.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone run Broforce on a non-gaming laptop? I'm keen to add another mass-destructo-turn-brain-off game after work to the pile (note: Nuclear Throne and NOT A HERO are pretty good at this)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Has anyone run Broforce on a non-gaming laptop? I'm keen to add another mass-destructo-turn-brain-off game after work to the pile (note: Nuclear Throne and NOT A HERO are pretty good at this)

Throw risk of rain in there, TeeMan. I think broforce should probably work, though. Depending on the quality of the laptop.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    AMD Phenom II N620 Dual Core 2.80 ghz
    4 gigs ram
    Mobile Radeon HD 4250
    Win 7

The intro lags like a sumbitch but the game works well enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just noticed Broforce and BL:TPS put me at 100 games. I've always thought having 10-20 games on any given console I've had was pretty great, and more than I ever needed. What have you people done to me?! Where will I find the time?!?! :bigfrown:

• Options
    edited November 2015

Throw risk of rain in there, TeeMan. I think broforce should probably work, though. Depending on the quality of the laptop.

Huh, I never tried Risk of Rain on it. I thought that game was really CPU intensive later on in the levels? The laptop in question is an ultrabook with a 1.7Mhz i5. Natively it's 1366x768 but I usually attach it up to a 1980x1080 monitor in my room at camp, so it works pretty hard for what it does (although I could 1366x768 and just full-screen it if it made it run smoother I suppose)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

Huh, I never tried Risk of Rain on it. I thought that game was really CPU intensive later on in the levels? The laptop in question is an ultrabook with a 1.7Mhz i5. Natively it's 1366x768 but I usually attach it up to a 1980x1080 monitor in my room at camp, so it works pretty hard for what it does (although I could 1366x768 and just full-screen it if it made it run smoother I suppose)

Actually that might be a little underpowered, it's true. I was running it on a core I5 with integrated graphics but it could run mass effect 1 as well. Worth a shot though. If it works, it's pretty fun

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Polaritie sneaks in and hits me while I wasn't looking with:

1lhizbsdhtwv.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Risk does get a bit intense later but if you're cool lowering the res a bit it will work fine.

Edit:layer to later

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    @scratchy blamed Madican but someone threw a copy of Our Darker Purpose at me. I had been quietly avoiding the sale but looks like I got pulled in anyway! Thanks!

• Options
    Just noticed Broforce and BL:TPS put me at 100 games. I've always thought having 10-20 games on any given console I've had was pretty great, and more than I ever needed. What have you people done to me?! Where will I find the time?!?! :bigfrown:

Lemme tell you about this thing called humblebundle, and classholes, and hitting four digits in vijeo games you haven't played. Welcome to G&T Steam thread.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Welp, my reign has ended as one of the few PA people without this horrible thing. Thanks Shade!

Ngz7Par.png?1

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    And now Scratchy and Madican have thrown Freecell Quest and Rocket League at me. I'm currently standing outside waiting for the joy of Black Friday and my phone started exploding from gifting. Thanks for the awesome surprises, it's almost making standing in line fun :)

• Options
    I what.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Arithon32 gifted me Crypt of the Necrodancer! Gotta say I'm in full Souls mode between Scholar and Bloodborne DLC, but I'll fit this in somewhere. :D Thanks!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defenders: 2536B-WW5HY-ZWK7L
    Doom and Destiny NNFTM-6NKWY-99EGE
    Super Cyborg 6EI3V-8DWXL-4RR6K
    The Nightmare Cooperative GQ207-8ZL7N-7094D
    Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ X6XKA-RG7FX-73NDC
    Zafehouse: Diaries XM534-E7Q4J-FEWA4
    Rooks Keep 4VCQP-7QC2L-ITMLP
    Terrian Saga: KR-17 4PY9G-RJHIG-98BR2
    Divekick 4FTPI-03FHK-GVVBM
    Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage 4EYGH-NIKHK-NKG49
    Runaway, The Dream of The Turtle Q40K0-BP7B8-3780Q
    Runaway, A Road Adventure PKZI0-GYJJD-ECZXE
    Runaway: A Twist of Fate PLWAX-78BBK-80DD6
    War, the Game HXNRK-MXP6P-KT7TC
    Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble RCHNG-WYLKN-JZPAE
    Dino D-Day PZ0PX-8VGME-FFRM8
    Zeno Clash Q0LP4-QY0Q2-987MV
    Pixel Piracy PYKF2-R343K-GYW46
    Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Q5AJ7-JTJEH-VMF8G
    Pressure Q38ZD-M4K04-7RNLR
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space PYIXN-R6YLL-J2ZA8
    Frozen Synapse Prime N3J9C-WXAD6-X7L0Y
    Knights and Merchants Historical Version N8045-VBDIQ-TMLHI
    bit Dungeon II N6KW3-TVLQX-3TDV5
    HOARD Complete Pack N04T5-GF259-Z7FAH
    Akane the Kunoichi HI4MR-0ZBIY-VPCLZ
    Mini Motor Racing EVO EJAXF-BLX3G-7HQYL
    Ichi 685XZ-A5M7B-37GKA
    Rhythm Destruction 7CTH2-IH0DZ-Q0Z7P
    Oozi: Earth Adventure T8C9N-GJJMH-8J8FF
    Hammerfight E5F3A-P242Y-VCDT3
    SOL: Exodus IB4PI-QR4M8-J9G7P
    GEARCRACK Arena DN8Q7-H2VP8-EIV5J

• Options
    Grabbed Divekick @coinage. Thank you very much!

• Options
    Pixel Piracy, Aqua Kitty, Hoard, and Hammerfight are pretty sweet and folks should jump on that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Elite Dangerous for under 20... pulled the trigger on that one.. not quite sure when i'll have a chance to play it though.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
This discussion has been closed.