Options

[MechWarrior Online] HEAD TO THE LZ FOR EXTRACTION TO NEW THREAD!

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I like how the Catapult is the largest of the 75 tonners even though it only weighs 65 tons.

I bet the catapult would float if it was dropped in deep enough water.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I like how the Catapult is the largest of the 75 tonners even though it only weighs 65 tons.

Fan calculations have show almost every mech floats...

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

The Cat resize can't come soon enough. Looks like the MAD is next weight class of the Crab, psyched!

Locust (?) -> Crab -> Marauder -> King Crab

Tigliss on
    l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Oh, I found out today that the Faction map actually does have the Clan homeworlds, you just have to keep going north on the map, they aren't highlighted or actually assigned to the correct factions, but you can hover over them and it will pop up the name of the planet.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It has the pentagon worlds and the clan homeworlds,

Also LRMs are out strong today, which is irritating as fuck for a XL engine black knight.

Or really anything for that matter. Last match I played earlier I think I dropped against 6 LRM boats.

Fan calculations have show almost every mech floats...

now that you mention it, I remember seeing that somewhere, also something along the lines of to get the realistic weight for the mechs add a zero to the end. (Doenst make much sense for the 20 ton locust, but could make sense for a 100(1000)ton king crab or direwolf.)

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    You know what, fuck it. These shitty goddamn asshole black knights aren't going beyond basic.

stupid fucking low goddamn weapons, any slope at all in the ground and apparently I cant hit a goddamn thing. Real nice to be completely impotent against a mech that you can see toe to antenna because your fucking weapons are mounted 3 feet below the surface of the ground.

Why the hell would they put its hardpoints so low, its so goddamn stupid and asinine. Sure lets build a 80 foot tall energy boat, but no..its weapons have to be mounted in its shins. everything above the knees has to be a pointless waste and a great big target.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I feel responsible for this now , sorry. So CW is going horrible , everytime I attack I have to run through a million clan lasers , its fucking stupid.

• Options
    I feel responsible for this now , sorry. So CW is going horrible , everytime I attack I have to run through a million clan lasers , its fucking stupid.

No I was using double XP to finally basic them

and they are now basic'd, but I'm having a miserable time using them because the lasers are just so miserably low. Like, Atlas weapons feel like they are mounted on the Burj Kalifa in comparison, now

• Options
    Its literally PGI's inability to understand how their game plays:

Tukkayid event shows that IS does more damage than Clans on average, but IS dies more often than Clans on average too.
    -PGI nerfs IS mechs, and lowers their drop tonnage

Arctic Cheetah is long promised to bring the Clans an equally powerful light mech to the Firestarter, so that they have a Tier1 mech in every weight class.
    -PGI gives ACH some torso structure buffs, and HUGE leg structure buffs, to go with its ECM and lots of energy hardpoints

PGI asks 3 years ago for ideas on how to rework ECM
    -PGI takes 3 years to figure out how to bring a 1-1.5 ton ECM into balance with the rest of the game.

I have a feeling that a lot of the problems with the game balance are caused by certain balance ideas being darlings, and the developers being unable to come to grips with how they are playing out in the wild.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

and they are now basic'd, but I'm having a miserable time using them because the lasers are just so miserably low. Like, Atlas weapons feel like they are mounted on the Burj Kalifa in comparison, now

Dude the first two weeks that's all that happened to me but for some reason it just clicked and now they are my best chance of doing well. Even after trying CW for the first time and being dragged through poorly optimized maps poorly balanced teams and factions they did really well for me. Also I now hate CW

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I can never decide if I actually want to buy novas and try to get basics done, just for the sake of the vet reward one

maybe I'll try and get one done via CW once my contract expires

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I can never decide if I actually want to buy novas and try to get basics done, just for the sake of the vet reward one

Are Novas any good? For some reason I do not take them seriously when I see them in battle.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Are Novas any good? For some reason I do not take them seriously when I see them in battle.

No they're pretty horrific.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Meh. The small pulse laser boats can hurt quite a bit if they get close but cheetahs do it better.

All right so I have nearly every reward for the event that I want. Just need to do match score/ total dmg ones and I can just never play CW till the next event.

Edit- And although I love my black knights ( even if I am the only one) I think Jagers will start showing up more in my playtime. So close to being able to buy the UAC variant. The first one I bought already had enough xp to master it once I finish the other 2. Also I spent all the mc I won converting it to GXP , so now I have all the modules I want unlocked and still have 30k left over.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular

Gaslight wrote: »

No they're pretty horrific.

Novas are terrifying. Yeah, they won't live past the fight, but you might not either. They have decent hitboxes, but lack the insane speed of the Stormcrow that would make them equally unstoppable.

An 8 ER Medium build is about equivalent to a 6 large laser build on an IS Medium (is that good? :P) So it can pull its weight in a fire support role. But since the rest of the clan lineup are all rock stars, it doesn't get much attention. That said, I never turn my back on one.

It will be all but obsolete when the Hunchback IIC gets here. But that's not because its bad. If IS could run them, I am sure not a day would go by that clans would not complain about them.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    novas in general aren't great

you can do a pretty good 2xERPPC jump sniper though

• Options
    Novas can go: 2x ERPPC, 12x SPL, 12x ERSL 4xMG, 12x ERML, 6x ERML & 6x SPL

It doesn't have endo or ferro, has a lot of locked jumpjets, has a very wide and low hardpoints.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Dude the first two weeks that's all that happened to me but for some reason it just clicked and now they are my best chance of doing well. Even after trying CW for the first time and being dragged through poorly optimized maps poorly balanced teams and factions they did really well for me. Also I now hate CW

@EspantaPajaro

are you doing CW as just pug drops in game, or are you getting on the FRR TeamSpeak hub and organizing?

Cause it sounds like you are pugging. CW is lots of fun if you join up with the FRR hub cause, IMHO, some of the best drop commanders in the game are FRR and the only way you are gonna make connections with them is to get on the FRR hub and start making friends.

edit
    MWO gets weird at 2am in the morning, mostly cause of all the eastern Europeans/Russians.

edit2
    Well finished with all the pugqueue challenges, now for CW.

That radar derp module alone was worth the effort, god I've needed another one of those.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Thanks on the info for the Novas. I have the one free one and still have yet to pull it out for a spin so was wondering if I should.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Thanks on the info for the Novas. I have the one free one and still have yet to pull it out for a spin so was wondering if I should.

Most of the clanners I see try to use them like a slow, less armored stormcrow. Don't do that. You'll probably get some fun out of it.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Novas are oversized like the catapult. Its clan tech just lessens the blow. Due to raw heat management, it is one of the few mechs where twin cerppc is something you can reasonably consider, although I think the shadow cat is superior for twin cerppc thanks to its smaller size and ecm. Shadow cat does run hotter though.

edit:
    Truthfully I think you're better off taking advantage of the Nova's huge quantity of hard points to spam tons of lasers. It's alpha potential is crazy.

Basically the only thing bad about the mech is that it is too big for its tonnage. And it is pretty damn Xbox huge. Especially considering its real competition is the storm crow and shadow cat.

I suppose locked equipment hurts it too, but its size is the main limiting factor... Which is why the clans came out of the woodwork to have it resized during the resize vote. It is too big, but it's not hurting as bad as stuff like the catapult and awesome.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Novas are oversized like the catapult. Its clan tech just lessens the blow. Due to raw heat management, it is one of the few mechs where twin cerppc is something you can reasonably consider, although I think the shadow cat is superior for twin cerppc thanks to its smaller size and ecm. Shadow cat does run hotter though.

edit:
    Truthfully I think you're better off taking advantage of the Nova's huge quantity of hard points to spam tons of lasers. It's alpha potential is crazy.

Basically the only thing bad about the mech is that it is too big for its tonnage. And it is pretty damn Xbox huge. Especially considering its real competition is the storm crow and shadow cat.

I suppose locked equipment hurts it too, but its size is the main limiting factor... Which is why the clans came out of the woodwork to have it resized during the resize vote. It is too big, but it's not hurting as bad as stuff like the catapult and awesome.

I'd also say the higher hardpoint locations on the Shadow Cat push it out way ahead of the Nova in terms of long-range sniper/harasser.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    The BEST Nova Build

NVA-S 14xC-ERSL 1xTC1

• Options
    the nova does get some nice-ish ERPPC quirks, while the shadowcat gets laser stuff (you can fit a lot more heatsink into a nova too, if you wanna play energysniper.)

in the end I couldn't really settle on a shadowcat fit that I really liked; they always wound up feeling sort of punchless

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    the nova does get some nice-ish ERPPC quirks, while the shadowcat gets laser stuff (you can fit a lot more heatsink into a nova too, if you wanna play energysniper.)

in the end I couldn't really settle on a shadowcat fit that I really liked; they always wound up feeling sort of punchless

I like:
    2xERLL (Basically a bigger Sniper Raven)
    1xLPL 2xSRM-6+A (Surprisingly good brawler)

If my trigger discipline is on point, 2xLPL is also doable. If I'm *really* on the ball, 2xERPPC. But I like these less than the first two.

I definitely get the toothless feeling, though. The limited hardpoints really prevent you from stacking anything crazy good (6xMG doesn't count as good).

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    I tried 2xMLa/3xASRM6, and then 2xLPL 6xMG (that was kinda amusing), but my general impression was that I'd rather just be a storm crow. I guess you could also streakboat, but eh

• Options
    The BEST Nova Build

NVA-S 14xC-ERSL 1xTC1

Wouldn't this be better with SPL?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I will always favor the c-ERPPC in the ST, then ERMLAS / SPL & SRMs in the arms.

Poke with the ERPPC and use your ECM, then if someone gets close, blammo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    my 300xl 4xLPL grasshopper with range/cooldown modules. Took a bad shot at the start of the game and spent the rest of the match with a cherry CT.

XLjKmkO.jpg

I love my grasshoppers.

edit
    and next drop entire team gets annihilated because they all race to kill the disco and get reamed from behind, but I managed to solo a brawler direwolf in my 5N, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    So not feeling the J-DD. Think I still prefer the -S. Now just a few more million to buy the third and final variant so I can level it up and then have fun with the one I actually like playing.

• Options
    I will admit when I'm wrong.
    Apparently Wolfhounds really are overpowered. I did nearly as much damage as an Artic Cheetah and our Dire Wolf.

WolfhoundOP.png

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So not feeling the J-DD. Think I still prefer the -S. Now just a few more million to buy the third and final variant so I can level it up and then have fun with the one I actually like playing.

The only way I found to get the JM6-DD to work for me was to fully commit to the UAC5, with 3x UAC5(8t) and a XL270. No backup lasers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Woot! Clan-side account Quick Match rewards get! Onto skittling in the Clan CW queue.

Holy shit, first drop is against a 228th 12-Man. Attack wave one on my team basically evaporated. Hoo boy.

[Edit] Yup, definitely going to have to take a break after this one. Our team quickly went down 27-10, and never recovered. Killed Omega, but a fat lot of good that did for us.

I'm definitely going to need a break, and a stiff drink, to tackle these CW challenges from the Clan side.

Ouch.png

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Nips wrote: »
    Woot! Clan-side account Quick Match rewards get! Onto skittling in the Clan CW queue.

Holy shit, first drop is against a 228th 12-Man. Attack wave one on my team basically evaporated. Hoo boy.

[Edit] Yup, definitely going to have to take a break after this one. Our team quickly went down 27-10, and never recovered. Killed Omega, but a fat lot of good that did for us.

I'm definitely going to need a break, and a stiff drink, to tackle these CW challenges from the Clan side.

Ouch.png

to be fair, what do you expect when you drop as a skittle vs organized 12 man.

Clan OP only carries so hard.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    apparently wolf is the place to be for clan pugging these days? It's hard to tell

• Options
    Had some good matches that put a significant dent in my CW challenges.

If nothing else I want that advanced seismic

• Options
    edited November 2015

I want this too, but with the FRR being as bad as it is I seriously doubt I'll ever even hit the damage one at this rate. Three drops today and the only one I did well in was with @nonoffensive as our drop commander. The other two were slaughters, one was against the Dracs (which was a complete stomp with few of them not even having to drop in their second mechs). Second attack was against the clans and we sucked so bad that they even came out to stomp us after the second drop. To be fair though half of the drop was a bunch of chickens and stood near the gate.

On a good note, I finally managed to basic my Wolfhounds.

Edit: While dropping against the Dracs they said that the 228 were dropping ghost drops as clanners to screw with the system again.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    December road map:
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/215601-december-road-map/

Basically, everything's in the December 1st patch. Looks like a pretty awesome patch, though, so I'm really hype. I liked a lot of what they did during the PTS so I can't wait to see them in the live environment. And cockpit monitors <3

Also, I want a bonsai tree cockpit item. To go with my chinese lanterns.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Also, I'm on vent if anyone wants to play.
    Edit: Nobody on all night :<

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

I want this too, but with the FRR being as bad as it is I seriously doubt I'll ever even hit the damage one at this rate. Three drops today and the only one I did well in was with @nonoffensive as our drop commander. The other two were slaughters, one was against the Dracs (which was a complete stomp with few of them not even having to drop in their second mechs). Second attack was against the clans and we sucked so bad that they even came out to stomp us after the second drop. To be fair though half of the drop was a bunch of chickens and stood near the gate.

On a good note, I finally managed to basic my Wolfhounds.

Edit: While dropping against the Dracs they said that the 228 were dropping ghost drops as clanners to screw with the system again.

General UGLee said he was gonna be on for a few hours, he's a solid drop commander. a bit more conservative than others, but an outstanding guy and almost always delievers a win (Exceptions being against 12man tryhard units, and depending on if our side fucking listens to him)

so if you want to do some CW, see if he's still on and hook up with him.