As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    I saw this thread title and thought yeah, I like a good Gin & Tonic!

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Lego Dimensions has...Doctor Who?

I did not want to buy another game where you collect toys after my sons lost interest in Skylanders. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

Even for Doctor Who. >_<

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

I did not want to buy another game where you collect toys after my sons lost interest in Skylanders. I'm not I'm not I'm not.

Even for Doctor Who. >_<

Dr who
    Portal
    Simpsons
    Scooby Doo
    The list goes on!

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Please, anonymous santa, make yourself known!

For real, though, this is awesome. My wife and I were going to get the dimensions set for our kids, but money didn't work out super great for that aspect of the plan. And if we did get it, I was planning on buying the dr who set for my wife since she and I play the lego games together. So your aim was super good!

Awesome! I was actually having a little bit of an anxiety thing with that wondering how well on the mark that would be, glad to hear it! :P

Hope you and your family have an awesome Christmas!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Please, anonymous santa, make yourself known!

For real, though, this is awesome. My wife and I were going to get the dimensions set for our kids, but money didn't work out super great for that aspect of the plan. And if we did get it, I was planning on buying the dr who set for my wife since she and I play the lego games together. So your aim was super good!

Awesome! I was actually having a little bit of an anxiety thing with that wondering how well on the mark that would be, glad to hear it! :P

Thanks a ton for everything! You went way above and beyond. I'd post pictures of built things but I'm going to surprise the kids with it Friday :)

Merry Christmas!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    We played our first four games of Codenames. Super fun game! My team won all four rounds.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Even for Doctor Who. >_<

Dr who
    Portal
    Simpsons
    Scooby Doo
    The list goes on!

The game is like a sniper shotgun aimed directly at the wallets of nerd-dom.
    I've thus far managed to avoid the temptation through not realizing it was available for the 360, but now that I've looked it up... damn.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Even for Doctor Who. >_<

Dr who
    Portal
    Simpsons
    Scooby Doo
    The list goes on!

I've thus far managed to avoid the temptation through not realizing it was available for the 360, but now that I've looked it up... damn.

I bought my wife the doctor who set as soon as it came out, even though we didn't have the actual game. She's a Lego AND Doctor Who fanatic, so it was an easy decision. Now I got my son the Wii-U Dimensions game for Christmas and I'm fighting the urge to "make sure it works" before he opens it. :) But yeah, the collections are all in my "MUST BUY" zone.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »

Even for Doctor Who. >_<

Dr who
    Portal
    Simpsons
    Scooby Doo
    The list goes on!

I bought my wife the doctor who set as soon as it came out, even though we didn't have the actual game. She's a Lego AND Doctor Who fanatic, so it was an easy decision. Now I got my son the Wii-U Dimensions game for Christmas and I'm fighting the urge to "make sure it works" before he opens it. :) But yeah, the collections are all in my "MUST BUY" zone.

I've been trying not to purchase the actual Doctor Who set, but we did get Portal and the Doctor Who bit for the Lego game. Seriously though, that game is pretty great. Pretty sure I'm going to be super poor now.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    A gift has arrived!

So, to set the stage; a couple of weekends ago, I was at a Star Wars event and musing over the fact I didn't have a Star Wars shirt anymore. LITERALLY the next day, this arrives!
    va1s2kf52oug.jpg

It happened to arrive at the same time as another gift, so there was some initial confusion as to whom it actually came from.

Well today that confusion was totally resolved;
    5g6k6556togq.jpg

6ghe3h34ecre.jpg

hd3i0x1x2rrl.jpg

And funnily enough, I actually have a big holiday event coming up with friends where there will be tons of food, drink, and casual games being played, so this will get a test run soon with my usual crew!

Thank you so much, @DiannaoChong, for your thoughtful gifts and being an awesome Santa!

And also possibly prescient. O.O

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Man oh man. Cartwheel is doing 40% off on the base Lego Dimensions game thru tomorrow and I have to go to Target anyway because I have no wrapping paper.....decisions...

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    astroboi wrote: »
    I saw this thread title and thought yeah, I like a good Gin & Tonic!

Though it is very off topic, who does not?... The answer is communist ...

vhannroy on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Tonic water tastes bad.

Gin tastes bad.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm late with this, but I got some gifts! We just recently got to bring our daughter home from the nicu, so for the past month I haven't really had much time for anything else, but she's doing well and we're home and just in time for Christmas!

I got some audio books!

qc1bOHZ.jpg

Looking forward to the Mario one and letting my son listen to winnie the pooh. I don't know anything about the third, but I'll try it out!

I also got some music!

rcNa6Pn.jpg

Never heard of MC Lars, but I'll give it a listen!

Thank you Santa!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm late with this, but I got some gifts! We just recently got to bring our daughter home from the nicu, so for the past month I haven't really had much time for anything else, but she's doing well and we're home and just in time for Christmas!

I got some audio books!

qc1bOHZ.jpg

Looking forward to the Mario one and letting my son listen to winnie the pooh. I don't know anything about the third, but I'll try it out!

I also got some music!

rcNa6Pn.jpg

Thank you Santa!

Books and indie hip hop, what can I say. I'm nothing if not predictable. I'm glad your daughter is home and you get to have a family Christmas out of the hospital.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Tonic water tastes bad.

Gin tastes bad.

Hey, I am just saying... there is no chance I am going to catch malaria any time soon...

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

A package arrived at my door while I was out last minute shopping in 60 degree sunny weather in Montreal on Christmas Eve.
    IMG_8958_zpsrtejy9te.jpg
    IMG_8961_zpsweuygdpr.jpg
    IMG_8962_zpsz0ivokns.jpg
    IMG_8965_zpsbmems5tm.jpg

Thank you @Goose!, Wreck-it Ralph is also one of my favorite movies.
    As for Munchkin ever since I've gifted it a couple of years back I've always kept an interest in playing the game. Today I bought the game for my sister-in-law as a Christmas gift and you bought it for me. Thank you very much and the coincidence is really funny.

Handkor on
  • Options
    Since I know you're all on the edge your seats I did go to Target at 8am this morning and pick up the base game for Lego Dimensions and the Portal Expansion. I didn't want to stop there, but I thought I should hold off and see if anyone actually liked the game before I drained my bank account for minifigures and little vehicles.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Who is the one that got the find "waldo" book, but it wasn't waldo? I was going to show to wife.

Also, I wired up the steam link. It is now in place with Ethernet wiring. I have my old wireless keyboard and mouse via usb hooked up.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    Soooooo like all men over 30 I just got back from last minute Xmas shopping and in my case all my Xmas shopping. To find a box addressed to me! I have skipped ahead where I freak out and open the box to be fulllllllll of packing peanuts which ends up being a theme. But it does start with a awesome note which I included some friends to help me open:
    z93hxtijyk40.jpg

I followed the instructions and it gave me the idea of what to Expect. The hints I offered was I liked things Local, and Board Games. What I got was everything. As you can see I got Rootbeer which is currently in the fridge for my overnight shift tonight.

In the Green Tin, it's fulllllll of peanut butter cookies!! Also a giant thing of peanuts, which goes along with the next part. I have snacks and Drinks. The next package to my delight I couldn't help but rip open the wrapping paper but I assure you it was the most awesome Star Wars Wrapping Paper a 31 year old could ask for: What was inside you ask:
    k6uloz34rg0e.jpg

Everything I need to do to play the Star Wars X-Wing Mini game. This game has been on my Radar for a loooooooooooooooong time but never had a chance. I got pretty much everything and more to do a 2 player or even 3 player game. I am so excited because this is the type of game a friend of mine and I played in college and he will be coming up in a week. This is going to be an awesome Xmas.

Xmas is usually lame for me and like every year the Secret Santa gifts me that boost to enjoy the Holiday. Thank you soooooooooo much Santa, you have made this 31 year old's Holiday!

Thank you again Happy Holidays to you and your Family.

Ness

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    SANTEE

I got a stomach bug and have been unable to attend to many of my holiday duties, but rest assure that Christmas Cheer will be arriving next week. Consider it...dessert for Christmas.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Got a chance to play Ticket to Ride with the kids.

It's fun!

Also, I crushed them, because it's good parenting to let your children learn to lose gracefully.

Thanks again @Mighty!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Nessticle

Super glad everything arrived on-time! :D Please let me know if the cookies end up being a little ... tough. I baked them on a new baking sheet this time and the ones I brought to the office ended up being way less good after a day than they normally are. Not sure if I accidentally overmixed, the sheet performed differently, I overbaked, or if it's because I used crunchy instead of my normal smooth peanut butter. If they are, please blame the pastry chef and not the recipe, which is, seriously, the best recipe for peanut butter cookies I've ever found.

Also, welcome to my gaming addiction. May the Force be with you!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    @see317 just gifted me for the twelfth(holy hell that word is weird to type) time! This time it's the Humble Bundle: Square Enix edition! Complete with:
    Last Remnant
    Life is Strange
    Tomb Raider I
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Just Cause Collection
    Front Mission Evolved
    Gyromancer
    Yosumin
    Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris
    Tomb Raider GOTY Edition
    Hitman Absolution

Thank you so much!!

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular

Thank you Santa!

MC Lars is awesome. If you like nerdy hip hop at all you'll like him, and should check out other guys too like MC Frontalot

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »

Thank you Santa!

MC Lars is awesome. If you like nerdy hip hop at all you'll like him, and should check out other guys too like MC Frontalot

I personally feel like, even if you don't listen to hip hop, you'll probably like that album. Rock the Bells is amazing, Flow Like Poe is amazing, Mr. Raven is amazing ... yeah, whole EP is amazing.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I held out for 10 minutes into Christmas day!

GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

m7ALqhOh.jpg

Two of my favouritest things: Star Trek and Christmas decorations! And food! Three of my favouritest things!

Thank you, @SkutSkut and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to the thread too! I've had a really good time this year again.

Super double bonus thank yous to @Hypatia for organizing everything again and @Mr_Grinch for being an excellent Santee.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    see317 just gifted me for the twelfth(holy hell that word is weird to type) time! This time it's the Humble Bundle: Square Enix edition! Complete with:
    Last Remnant
    Life is Strange
    Tomb Raider I
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Just Cause Collection
    Front Mission Evolved
    Gyromancer
    Yosumin
    Tomb Raider GOTY Edition
    Hitman Absolution

Thank you so much!!

Is that a typo, or have I been sleep gifting?
    I remember the Humble Jumbo Bundle 5, the NeoGeo Humble Bundle, the box I sent out with Zelda and taffy, and this bundle. (dear god, somebody stop Humble Bundle before I gift again...)

Unless you're not counting in base 10, I think I may be missing a few... wait a minute, I think I see what's going on here...
    You've been being gifted by other Santas, haven't you? You monster, I thought we had something special.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Glad you liked them @Bear is Driving! I got a bit of a giggle out of you saying you wouldn't open them until Christmas, knowing they were christmas ornaments. Merry Christmas everyone!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Who is the one that got the find "waldo" book, but it wasn't waldo? I was going to show to wife.

Also, I wired up the steam link. It is now in place with Ethernet wiring. I have my old wireless keyboard and mouse via usb hooked up.

@DyasAlure do you mean the 'Where's the Doctor?' book I got? Phone posting so too much effort to dig up the post link but you should be able to easily dig it out of my posting history.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Got a chance to play Ticket to Ride with the kids.

It's fun!

Also, I crushed them, because it's good parenting to let your children learn to lose gracefully.

Thanks again @Mighty!

My pleasure! I was mildly concerned you already had it, as there's no way to track what boardgames someone has... but, what's stalking without a little risk?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    see317 just gifted me for the twelfth(holy hell that word is weird to type) time! This time it's the Humble Bundle: Square Enix edition! Complete with:
    Last Remnant
    Life is Strange
    Tomb Raider I
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Just Cause Collection
    Front Mission Evolved
    Gyromancer
    Yosumin
    Tomb Raider GOTY Edition
    Hitman Absolution

Thank you so much!!

I remember the Humble Jumbo Bundle 5, the NeoGeo Humble Bundle, the box I sent out with Zelda and taffy, and this bundle. (dear god, somebody stop Humble Bundle before I gift again...)

Unless you're not counting in base 10, I think I may be missing a few... wait a minute, I think I see what's going on here...
    You've been being gifted by other Santas, haven't you? You monster, I thought we had something special.

@see317 I meant to type "what felt like the twelfth time". :)

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

My Santa @ihaveachair has outdone themselves with some brilliant Dark Souls arts and crafts! Sorry for the late proof post, got caught up in Holiday shenanigans and other such things.

The images are kind of big so I've but them in the above Imgur album link!

With that and a Steam gift of "This War of Mine" I can't thank you enough! The ceramics looks awesome.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    So I haven't heard from my Santa. I'm just going to assume that's because they're still working on the perfect Christmas gift for me.

Like my father's love.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey Santa! I'm not home yet, but I have someone taking care of my cats, and rumour has it that there's a delivery notice waiting for me there! I get back on Monday, so I'm hoping I get to write up a big Gift Get post for you to see then!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So I haven't heard from my Santa. I'm just going to assume that's because they're still working on the perfect Christmas gift for me.

Like my father's love.

Don't you worry, @noir_blood , we don't take kindly to deadbeats around these parts... ;)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    A bit late but I received another gift from @Kanden !

He gifted me The Last of Us Remastered.

I was actually playing this just as my PS3 died a couple years ago so I'm super hyped to finally finish it and try the dlc.

Thanks a tons for everything!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

My Santa @ihaveachair has outdone themselves with some brilliant Dark Souls arts and crafts! Sorry for the late proof post, got caught up in Holiday shenanigans and other such things.

The images are kind of big so I've but them in the above Imgur album link!

With that and a Steam gift of "This War of Mine" I can't thank you enough! The ceramics looks awesome.

So I knew you had these coming as I talked with @Farangu a bit after receiving my gift, and let me assure that while I think his was perfect, how big a fan I am of Dark Souls means I am ludicrously jealous of your gifts. They're amazing. Which is apparently the least you can say about is incredibly talented wife. ^_^
    MERRY (late) CHRISTMAS EVERYONE~

• Options
    Last Remnant
    Life is Strange
    Tomb Raider I
    Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider III
    Just Cause Collection
    Front Mission Evolved
    Gyromancer
    Yosumin
    Tomb Raider GOTY Edition
    Hitman Absolution

Thank you so much!!

see317 I meant to type "what felt like the twelfth time". :)
    Cool, It's been a stressful couple of weeks here with some family stuff, was worried I'd have an unexpectedly steep bill coming my way.
    I don't know if sleep Santaing is a possible side effect of stress, but I wouldn't put it past me.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    >>

<<

PwH4Ipj.jpg