As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2015

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    That feeling when a package you sent shows as delivered on the 2nd, but nothing has been said so far ...

Have Santa poke the person. Repeatedly!

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Santee; good news, your gift package has crossed the Atlantic and is now actually in your country!
    Bad news; it has been stuck in a sorting office for several days with no signs of movement, not quite sure what's going on there but hopefully it will show signs of life soon.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Santee; good news, your gift package has crossed the Atlantic and is now actually in your country!
    Bad news; it has been stuck in a sorting office for several days with no signs of movement, not quite sure what's going on there but hopefully it will show signs of life soon.

That is the worst feeling in the world. You see it was scanned a few days ago. Where is it? Is it still there? Why is it still there? Why aren't they moving it? Come on! Let's go!

Ugh. I've been refreshing a screen for a package (not for this SS) that was estimated to arrive last Friday and it's just sitting there. Sorry to hear you're in a similar state.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    That feeling when a package you sent shows as delivered on the 2nd, but nothing has been said so far ...

Have Santa poke the person. Repeatedly!
    Santa needs to get to poking, you say?
    F1BKkTW.jpg
    Kdim8VL.jpg

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    A PARCEL HAS ARRIVED. Pictures soon as I can figure out the best means to upload them.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Ahem.

Giftget.gif

The girlfriend brought in a fairly sizable box yesterday; we'd been making Amazon orders for other things so I wasn't necessarily expecting to find a gift for me inside!
    20151207_193902.jpg

This has some heft to it (also, good job Amazon, that bag is pretty)! What's the card say?
    20151207_193924.jpg

Aha, it's from @ArcticLancer! Time is definitely short, and games are a great way to share experiences with people you care about. But what's this about another gift?
    20151207_193825.jpg

Oho, I can only think of one game that needs tools like this. Could it be??
    20151207_194002.jpg

It is indeed! Thanks a bunch ArcticLancer! I've been playing a friend's copy already but am jazzed to have my own to bring to another group of friends!

Nullzone on
  • Options
    Argh, Dropbox Y U do dis. Will fix images when I get to a pc

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I require Christmas cheeeeeer D:

• Options
    Fixed. I also note ArcticLancer's comment at the top of the page regarding it being delivered on the 2nd - I may need to flog our front desk about notifying us about packages better if that's the case.

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa

I just received a letter for the lovely people at the UK Border Force saying the are holding a package for me. I have done the necessary to get this released for delivery tomorrow (or maybe Friday) but just wanted you to know that something was on the way to me :)

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Ahem.
    Giftget.gif

The girlfriend brought in a fairly sizable box yesterday; we'd been making Amazon orders for other things so I wasn't necessarily expecting to find a gift for me inside!

20151207_193902.jpg

This has some heft to it (also, good job Amazon, that bag is pretty)! What's the card say?

20151207_193924.jpg

Aha, it's from @ArcticLancer! Time is definitely short, and games are a great way to share experiences with people you care about. But what's this about another gift?

20151207_193825.jpg

Oho, I can only think of one game that needs tools like this. Could it be??

20151207_194002.jpg

It is indeed! Thanks a bunch ArcticLancer! I've been playing a friend's copy already but am jazzed to have my own to bring to another group of friends

I hope you've been playing a red copy just so you guys can put the boxes together at least. ;P

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I came home today through the grey and rain to find that a package had arrived for me, a package I did not order, the mystery of the season rests heavy in this parcel!

DSCN0237_zps08rhuzew.jpg

Princess Peach her doing a sterling job concealing my address, though my apparent lack of camera focus might be doing a better job all things considered...

DSCN0239_zpslq4bev1m.jpg

It's a Black Dragon, neat! I love monsters of all shapes and sizes, and dragons are a classic. This will go perfectly with my slowly growing Dark Elf army (which currently consists of 10 elves and an unconstructed Sorceress).

There was no note other than the shipping in voice, so I cannot put name to my secret, festive benefactor, but thank you very much regardless! Now I just need to stick this under the tree and resist the temptation to crack into it straight away...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    So, a package arrived from my Santa and I have to say Thank you @see317

I didn't get any of the unboxing (too many excited children... myself included), but here is what arrived;

IMG_0413_zpscuj53aki.jpg

This is on top of the "Humble NEOGEO 25th Anniversary Bundle" and the "Humble Jumbo Bundle 5" which have nicely filled out my Steam library.

My little helpers were soon to claim their share...

IMG_0394_zpsmfhao4lz.jpg
    Jonathan, Devotee of the Elder God

IMG_0403_zps5j3lj6gr.jpg
    Xander, determined to lose all the teeth he only just got through!

My Wife and I also got to play a few rounds of Wazabi and cant wait to get some games in with the kids at the weekend!

Once again, thanks you for everything you have sent.

P.S. I took one of the bags of taffy into the office and was everyone's favorite person :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Dear Santa

I just received a letter for the lovely people at the UK Border Force saying the are holding a package for me. I have done the necessary to get this released for delivery tomorrow (or maybe Friday) but just wanted you to know that something was on the way to me :)

You have no idea how hard it was not to awesome this when you posted it, but I figured doing so would give up the whole "Secret" part of Secret Santa.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    1o0wioses903.gif

I got a note in my mailbox that the Post Office has a package for me. Ace Investigator Gremlin is on the case:
    VCqEm07m.jpg

MiK5853m.jpg?1
    It's a package and a card!

wdEChTqm.jpg?1

Inside the card?
    XpVdunnl.jpg
    I Love it.

What do I find inside the package?
    rcOzoDlm.jpg?1
    Forbidden Desert! Awesome! I have played and enjoyed Forbidden Island, and i hear only good things about this one. I'm really looking forward to this hitting the table.

1Ezc47Qm.jpg?1
    YAY ATLANTIS! I really like Imperial Settlers, and this is a great addition. This is perfect.

Thank you so much for these, @Halos Nach Tariff ! I think i am really going to enjoy both of these a great deal. The card is also wonderful.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    You are most welcome!
    I am pleased to see the parcel made it in one piece, I couldn't get an appropriate box so I had to improvise with a wealth of bubble-wrap.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Forbidden Desert is great, and makes for a great lunchtime game at work if you can gather up a handful of co-workers.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Dear Santee-not-in-the-US (you don't know who you are!): Amazon is being a butt so I'm having to get it shipped to me before I reship. You should still have it all this year, but it's gong to be later than I had hoped.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    My mom decided to order most of her gifts online this year. Every time the doorbell rings or another package is dropped off, I get excited. The anticipation is killing me.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I keep having the packages I order delivered and am disappointed when its something I order

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dear Santee: I have been hemming and hawing about what to get you. I finally got my act together, and sent your package out today. According to UPS, it should arrive next Wednesday, December 30th. I hope it will start your new year off on the right foot.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I believe I've been giftening'd, therefor ...
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I pull aside one of the first interesting things I can find that covers an address to check the box!
    n1p4HQZ.jpgl
    Magneto would know if there was metal inside, doncha'think?

The contents of the box were all right there, so we can just go straight to the money shot. :P
    6PXlCO3.jpgl
    Things! Ignore the Warmachine box - it's just helping to prop up cool new stuff. An Infinity box set, two blisters, some artful Netrunner sleeves and Batman Love Letter~

There's nothing else to go by as this came straight from Wayland Games, so Santa I'll await you stepping out of the woodwork. However I can certainly say "Thank you!" already, as there's some cool bits in here alright. You made me realize an error of my own, which was that I never added Love Letter to my BGG collection when I got it last year, however your taste was great one way or another as I picked up the Batman edition. That said, I will help this find a good home because there's always room for more Love Letter (and Batman). ;D

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Hooray, it arrived! I got an email from Wayland on the 9th saying it had been posted, so I was beginning to worry...

Merry Christmas, friend!

As you can probably tell, I kinda got a bit of everything.
    Don't worry about the Batman LL, feel free to pass it on to someone less batman fortunate than yourself.
    Also the Tohaa were something of a selfish choice because, well, I really want to see you paint some Infinity! haha
    I thought maybe you havn't bought any Tohaa recently so the newer releases would be safe. My friend plays them, and I know the Rasails are pretty good. You can proxy them as Chaxa neurocinetics guys too without too many problems. The Igao are not bad, again can be proxied as Ectros or something for more hard hitting Fireteams, and most of all, are seriously badass sculpts.

Anyway, part 2 of your gift is still a WiP on my desk, and will find its way to you in the new year...

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Yayspring, I had Dayspring!
    I don't think there's any rush on your finishing part 2. I haven't painted anything in most of two months, so I feel like I'm hardly accountable myself. ;) But I do look forward to eventually getting something purple~

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My gift shows as out for delivery, 2 days late, but HEY hopefully still there before Christmas!

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yay! It's been delivered. I hope they are in town today.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Yayspring, I had Dayspring!
    I don't think there's any rush on your finishing part 2. I haven't painted anything in most of two months, so I feel like I'm hardly accountable myself. ;) But I do look forward to eventually getting something purple~

Oh, don't worry.
    It will be purple as fuck.

• Options
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif
    A package arrived today!

I quickly determined it was nothing I had ordered for myself, and summoned the Address Blocking Photo Servant Key Chain Minions
    3e856827-bff3-4082-8034-7ffaffd11a6a.jpg

Inside was a card
    IMG_0085.jpg

Yeah, Santa's been busy this year
    IMG_0086.jpg

"May your enemies fall before you and your allies be ever faithful" Well, what more could anyone ask for?
    IMG_0088.jpg

Pandemic and more reinforcements for the Greater Good! I shall save mankind, and then subjugate them, for their own good! My rp/wargaming group has started getting into boardgames this year, and a big hole in our collective collection was Pandemic...not any more! I'm really pumped to play this!
    IMG_0089.jpg

Thanks so much @D0rkAngl !

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    You know, they said "it'll be delivered on the 25th" and I was all "What, Japan post delivers on Christmas?"

I guess it does.

• Options
    Once again thanks to @see317 who has sent yet more gifts in the form of the Square Enix bundle. Thanks!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    May your backlog overflow, @Khade97

• Options
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Yay! It's been delivered. I hope they are in town today.

I wasn't in town for Christmas, but it was waiting in my box for me when I got home! Pictures to come when I get back from work today!

Thanks a ton ElderCat!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    According to my little birds, my Santee should have received his present on Monday. At least, I hope that's what happened; it's conceivable that a doppelganger has replaced him and taken hold of his possessions.

Which, now that I think about it, works for me just as well.

• Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    Happy New Year to all Santas and Santees

santasig.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    @TimFiji

The outbreak has begun. New unidentified sicknesses have been cropping up around the globe. We performed a virtual scenario which did not show much chance for success. Hopefully the government will hear our plight and provide additional funding.

In other words: Broke out Legacy last night, and played a normal game on the board using the setup they specify. We lost one turn from winning. I believe it was partially due to an early string of outbreaks and epidemics that had us at 4 outbreaks within 2 rounds of play.

January begins on the next game night, which is scheduled for the 11th.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I have received a package! But I'm not opening it until later. The anticipation is killing me!

• Options
    How many people have actually gotten gifts already?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I feel like most people have... I haven't counted, but my guess is at least a dozen?

• Options
    This is my once-over. It's almost surely missing something as I put it together while very much distracted. Please correct if you see anything. We'll get everyone accounted for.

??? > @Koreg > @D0rkAngl > @Dayspring > @ArcticLancer > @Nullzone > @Delduwath > ???
    ??? > @Halos Nach Tariff > @Zombie Hero > @Bursar > @Hedgethorn > @Gabriel_Pitt > @ElderCat > ???
    ??? > @webguy20 > @Grunt's Ghosts > @Iron Weasel > @Rend > @The Brayster > @crimsoncoyote > @Kirindal > ???
    ??? > @Denada > @mere_immortal > @see317 > @Khade97 > @MNC Dover > @TimFiji > @ArcSyn > @Gizzy > @J > ???

• Options
    I don't know why, but I love watching that little chart get filled in with Santee's. It's fun to me. Like a game, where I slowly see the winners get to the finish line.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg