Options

[FFRK] New Event, New Thread. Get a Move On!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    redid it with Auron with Sacrifice, so I could retaliate off the bat, and no regens and yeah, super easy.

She will recast megadeath, but after the initial cast it's just in her selection, removing sap doesn't just trigger it; but when it is cast it is an interrupt. She'll do the hellthingy every 3 turns. you can move her out of phase 2 pretty quickly though to just avoid holys (she still casts in phase 3 but its in addition to more other abilities).

Her health is actually fairly low, and forcing her to change phases seems to reset her ATB, so either via retaliate or nuking, it's not terribly hard to force her to do not much of anything most of the fight other than the 'set' attacks going into phase 2 and phase 3.

As far as haste goes, I don't think it should matter if you're playing at speed 1 or 2 because yeah, increased ticks, but increased turns, so it should balance out either way. I doubt it'd be a detriment, and it would further reduce what she can even do to you as you push her through her phases.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Good lord, what I'd give for some actually useful way to sort RM's. :rotate:

EDIT: Also dear everyone using Seph/Cloud/Squall's SSB's as your RW's...switch to a FFX weapon! Please!

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

EDIT: Also dear everyone using Seph/Cloud/Squall's SSB's as your RW's...switch to a FFX weapon! Please!

I try to do this, but only when bonus battles come up. So I've got my Cloud using a Icebrand +, since it's my best FFV weapon, and after the 5th I'll switch to my FFX sword/armor/accessory.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does she recast Mega Death during the fight? Or recast it as a counter if sap drops off any character? The classic fight died too fast to really notice.

Either way, the main issues to deal with are:

-Gotta keep sap on everybody.
    -Maybe not a good idea to use Haste RW's, you'll just make sap tick faster.
    -Retaliate will dodge the sap attack, so big warning if you're using it.
    -Protip: Magic Breakdown does not affect Holy at all. In fact she has a whole wack of physical attacks and only one real magic attack, so it's probably only worth it to bring Power Breakdown (or use Steal Power that Rikku can use).

You don't want to use haste because her generic attack removes haste, protect and shell.

We'll probably get the favorite system for RMs in about six months.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Beat ffv +++ with physical team. Slept her once and then just went for the beat down. I think I can actually start working on the dungeon update now since I want Sunday before I try ex death.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Fuck mind blast. Holy shit was that almost a complete disaster as a result of that bull shit. Double mind blast only saved by a hell biter follow up.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Got my setup ready for Exdeath Ultimate, will have some time to think it over while I wait for stamina to regen...

Tyro: reflect, magic breakdown, medica (shared SB)
    Cloud: Retaliate, Double cut
    Yshtola: Shellga, curaga, stoneskin 2 w/ mako might
    Cecil: protectga, magic lure, double cut RM
    Faris: tempo flurry, boost
    Advance RW

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Took one go at Yunalesca and beat her, but Mind Blast cost me the champ rating :( Everyone was getting super low, but Tidus was about 1 second from finishing Slice and Dice, which would have killed her. Mind Blast went off and confused only him, which let her kill Cecil. Oh well, next time should be easy.

Artereis on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've done six 11 pulls, and a 3 pull, going to get Faris' bow.

I am now the proud owner of three Icebrands and two Ninja Suits. D:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

=( ouch, sorry dude.

There's another really good banner with her now and some other great stuff right before the next SSB Fest.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I cannot seem to master this Yunalesca fight and it is driving me mad. Mind Blast seems designed to just eat medals.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I just did my Beginner's Choice banner pull. Vendored the entire pull. Ten 3* items and one 4* item.

On the plus side, at least now I have a 5* katana, which will make Sephiroth better, even if it isn't his katana.

• Options
    So having completed the Beginner's Choice, I'm back to 0 Mithril.

Which means I'll probably start saving for Cloud's BSSB. Do we know how far away it is, approximately? How much time do have to save and how many random detours can I take along the way. Like if they do a Lucky Draw for x25 I will probably want to do that. And if there are any super important SSB's I might want to throw x15 here and x15 there.

Also, another question - Are there not any MC2's as part of this Rikku event? I'd love to get my hands on Yuna's MC2 and break her to 80.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Which means I'll probably start saving for Cloud's BSSB. Do we know how far away it is, approximately? How much time do have to save and how many random detours can I take along the way. Like if they do a Lucky Draw for x25 I will probably want to do that. And if there are any super important SSB's I might want to throw x15 here and x15 there.

Also, another question - Are there not any MC2's as part of this Rikku event? I'd love to get my hands on Yuna's MC2 and break her to 80.

Wakka's will presumably be from the ++ battle.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

The only super important SSB is actually right after, which is the FFT's event.

Ramza's SSB is shout, which is a groupwide Haste+Attack Buff, so he's pretty much the best support.

Oh, I guess Lightning's SSB is also important if you're playing Lightning Keeper(Her BSSB was just released and it's just as boss as Cloud's.)

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

=( ouch, sorry dude.

There's another really good banner with her now and some other great stuff right before the next SSB Fest.

Don't worry, I had enough to do another 3 pull today.

So I now have two 6* Icebrands. :rotate:

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Got Yunalesca on the first try, but I have unholy levels of FFX armor synergy so she didn't screw me over too badly. I'm not sure how I'll take care of the Bonus Battle version though, because my only Medica is Y'shtola's. It's usually great but here it'll be certain death.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Got my setup ready for Exdeath Ultimate, will have some time to think it over while I wait for stamina to regen...

Advance RW

For Exdeath Ultimate, you're gonna want to re-work that party, unless you don't care about trying to Master it and just want the win. He has 3 elemental objectives to target. Faris would be the member to replace, but again, you don't need to Master if you don't want to.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Reflect plus luck = nine medals!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    Got Yunalesca on the first try, but I have unholy levels of FFX armor synergy so she didn't screw me over too badly. I'm not sure how I'll take care of the Bonus Battle version though, because my only Medica is Y'shtola's. It's usually great but here it'll be certain death.

Are you sure Medica removes sap? Esuna doesn't.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Well, if it doesn't that sure as heck simplifies things. I can abuse my embarrassment of riches and bring Tyro for SG and Y'shtola for Medica II.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Advance RW

For Exdeath Ultimate, you're gonna want to re-work that party, unless you don't care about trying to Master it and just want the win. He has 3 elemental objectives to target. Faris would be the member to replace, but again, you don't need to Master if you don't want to.

I assume the plan is to reflect Cecil who uses Magic Lure. That will absolutely get you the mastery. Assuming he actually casts all 3 elements, but that's not terribly unreasonable rng.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

Well, if it doesn't that sure as heck simplifies things. I can abuse my embarrassment of riches and bring Tyro for SG and Y'shtola for Medica II.

Note @a steak! I am only 90% sure Esuna doesn't remove it. You might want to test it in a 2 stamina battle with Self-Sacrifice on anyone and Mako Might on y'shtola.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It is when your attempts all involve him using that vacuum attack every other action :(

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Went after exdeath misfortune today and had to refine my party twice, but finally got him. Lost Yshtola, but still got it with 2 damage and 1 action medal lost. I had to get very lucky with him mostly using single target spells in the second phase though. That fight is so tied to luck.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I don't think I have enough honed high level skills to master Yunalesca. Best I've done so far is 1 off on actions taken and 2 off on damage. I'm trying a go without a wall RM and using a Jecht Shot one instead. Haven't managed to down her yet to see if I just trade that actions medal for another damage taken.

• Options
    Do you have shell and magic break? She doesn't have a ton of life, maybe just use advance to down her.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I don't know if the rest of y'all have noticed or not, but we seem to be neck-deep in girl characters headlining these challenge events.

Starting with Faris and Krile, we're in for 7 in a row.

Faris, Rikku, Rosa, Fang, Yuffie, Beatrix, Penelo.

Orb Fest ends and Girl Fest begins.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Why do I feel like giving an ant lion berserk is a bad idea.

Edit: I lied it was a great idea

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I don't know if the rest of y'all have noticed or not, but we seem to be neck-deep in girl characters headlining these challenge events.

I hate the default Faris sprite, and it's lame that Penelo is a lame white mage instead of a monk like she is supposed to be.

I will totally try to get some Fang or Beatrix items though. Maybe Rikku once they're good or not tied to lame Auron items.

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »

I hate the default Faris sprite, and it's lame that Penelo is a lame white mage instead of a monk like she is supposed to be.

I will totally try to get some Fang or Beatrix items though. Maybe Rikku once they're good or not tied to lame Auron items.

In the sequel to FF12, Penelo is explicitly a White Mage/Dancer, so maybe that's why?

• Options
    FF12 has a sequel?

• Options
    Revenant Wings, kind of?

• Options
    God damnit, Record Keeper...
    Screenshot_2016-01-03-08-28-12_zpshu9dtx9z.png

• Options
    FF12 has a sequel?

Revenant Wings, for DS. It was okay, but the ending became a huge slog.

In other news, I cleared most of Faris's event yesterday. I just have Melusine and Ultimate Exdeath to go.

For Melusine, should I try the Sleep + all mages strat? Or just stack lots of Magic resist and go the standard Advantaliate route.

For Ultimate Exdeath, I'm thinking of doing Magic Lure/Reflect on Tyro, and then running a standard Advantaliate route as well. Even if I'm fortunate enough to have Boon, I suspect I need to bring Shellga as well, since the fight looks to be quite long, what with Exdeath's HP and defenses. I'm planning to bring Protectga, but is Power Breakdown worth it? I know Vacuum wave hurts, but I feel like if he overdoes it on Vacuum Wave, you have problems anyway.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    FF12 has a sequel?

In other news, I cleared most of Faris's event yesterday. I just have Melusine and Ultimate Exdeath to go.

For Melusine, should I try the Sleep + all mages strat? Or just stack lots of Magic resist and go the standard Advantaliate route.

For Ultimate Exdeath, I'm thinking of doing Magic Lure/Reflect on Tyro, and then running a standard Advantaliate route as well. Even if I'm fortunate enough to have Boon, I suspect I need to bring Shellga as well, since the fight looks to be quite long, what with Exdeath's HP and defenses. I'm planning to bring Protectga, but is Power Breakdown worth it? I know Vacuum wave hurts, but I feel like if he overdoes it on Vacuum Wave, you have problems anyway.

I didn't have a slot of Reflect in favor of keeping P. Cecil using Double Cut to push to 50% with Advantaliate, and keeping it consistent in the event Exdeath decides not use his single-target casts. Your advanced-counter hits will do more damage than his reflected spells anyway, but if you think you can keep both sets of damage going, by all means.

I had a Protega up for the fight, but didn't bother with a Power Breakdown. My Sazh only used Full Break R2 and Magic Breakdown. With a Mako Might at the start, and rotating the effects properly, plus a few hits from Exdeath, Sazh should be able to build up another SB before it wears off. Bringing Shellga is strictly in the event of a Dispel, and you're in a good position to refresh before he hits you with something nasty.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited January 2016
    FF12 has a sequel?

I didn't have a slot of Reflect in favor of keeping P. Cecil using Double Cut to push to 50% with Advantaliate, and keeping it consistent in the event Exdeath decides not use his single-target casts. Your advanced-counter hits will do more damage than his reflected spells anyway, but if you think you can keep both sets of damage going, by all means.

I had a Protega up for the fight, but didn't bother with a Power Breakdown. My Sazh only used Full Break R2 and Magic Breakdown. With a Mako Might at the start, and rotating the effects properly, plus a few hits from Exdeath, Sazh should be able to build up another SB before it wears off. Bringing Shellga is strictly in the event of a Dispel, and you're in a good position to refresh before he hits you with something nasty.

Reflect is also for the 3 elemental conditions.

E: Hmm, it may finally be time for me to craft Full Break. Things are getting nasty with these Ultimate battles.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    I was going to try a full mage party on Melusine. Since she always starts with Fire vulnerability, I was going to put Mako Might on Lulu and open with a Firaga Fury. I'll probably also put Preemptive Strike on Rinoa and give her Firaja.

Does she barrier change if she's asleep? What if I went full bore fire and just chain sleep her with Tyro while everyone else blasts away?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    She doesn't barrier change if she's asleep.

Today is my first day of running Sundaily +, and I'm running it with Bartz/Locke/Rinoa/Faris/Lenna. 99k experience per stage is amazing! Having gotten Brave Blade and having a Medica on Locke, I'm now throwing mythril at FFV Banner #1 until it expires hoping for Aevis Killer. After the 5th, I'll probably hold mythril until March-ish, perhaps barring a 50 spend on the Beginner Banner... that's going to be quite difficult for me, heh.

• Options
    So I was looking at future banners, and apparently for the beginner banner in japan, the relics for Tyro/Kain/Rydia and Wakka were their 2nd relics, which in Tyro's case especially is MUCH BETTER.

The free relic choices were overall better as well:
    Tornado Grimoire (Tyro),
    Sun Blade (Warrior of Light),
    Demon Axe (Firion)
    King's Sword (Luneth)
    Darkness Sword (DK Cecil)
    Air Knife (Bartz)
    Enhance Sword (Terra)
    Buster Sword (Cloud)
    Revolver (Squall)
    Butterfly Sword (Zidane)
    Magister Rod (Yuna)