Options

chat

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    One of the perks to working at a doctor's office:

Coworker - "I am feeling exhausted lately"
    Boss - "Let's run some blood tests"

half hour later

Boss - "Oh your iron levels are super low. I'm going to get you started on IV iron." (I think it's venofer)

Coworker - "How much is that going to cost?"
    Boss - "Oh it only costs the office about $40, don't worry about it."

They charge the patients like $400 for venofer.

Affordable Health Care!

It's 10%. The actual cost is always 10%. Every bill we've ever gotten, "Total amount - $X. Insurance adjusted - 10% of $X". Every time. Henry's birth, $30k. Insurance adjusted amount, $3100.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    :whistle:
    If I had a shotgun, know what I'd do
    I'd point that shit straight at the sky
    And shoot heaven on down for you

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun There's probably very little malice involved.

It's probably you're too good to replace, and risk getting some incompetent fuck.

I guess I can see that given I have the job that everyone in the office says they don't want or can't do because of the crap that I have to put up with.

Just...it's draining. I hate to say I'm jaded because I don't get up dreading the notion of coming to work everyday. It's just there are quite a few shitty people that I deal with daily and it is tiring. That and for a job that is apparently oh so important I feel like I'm the lowest spot on the totem pole when dealing with anyone. I have no guidance whatsoever with regards to how I fit into the hierarchy of the company and what actions I can take with regards to things aside from when there is shit I'm given that is incredibly sketchy or send up flags for me that might mean we aren't going to get paid for a load or are dealing with someone we've had issues with in the past.

You should bring this up with a supervisor or manager. Write it all down.

Write down your thoughts on how it could improve.

Ask their thoughts on it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited January 2016

half hour later

Boss - "Oh your iron levels are super low. I'm going to get you started on IV iron." (I think it's venofer)

Affordable Health Care!

It's 10%. The actual cost is always 10%. Every bill we've ever gotten, "Total amount - $X. Insurance adjusted - 10% of $X". Every time. Henry's birth, $30k. Insurance adjusted amount, $3100.

I'm pretty confident insurance companies don't really pay out.

They just go to the hospital and go "I see you have $31000 for deliver here... now I'm sure I could get them to pay $3100 instead if you were willing to come down to that, this way they pay and we won't have to, and that's probably the real cost of the delivery, come on, let's be honest."

Edit: "Tell you what, if they pay the full $3100 within 5 years, my company will match it."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

at some point, watching people fire shots into the air in movies started to really bug me a lot

those bullets have to come down eventually

how often do we ever see the consequences of that

outside of that scene in Crank 2

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    @Gonmun for serious bro, if you think you won't meet by hostility with "this is just how we do things, deal with it" see if you can't get yourself some answers or improve it drastically, maybe get yourself some power from the whole situation.

They don't know unless you communicate your problems.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

half hour later

Affordable Health Care!

I'm pretty confident insurance companies don't really pay out.

They just go to the hospital and go "I see you have $31000 for deliver here... now I'm sure I could get them to pay $3100 instead if you were willing to come down to that, this way they pay and we won't have to, and that's probably the real cost of the delivery, come on, let's be honest."

Edit: "Tell you what, if they pay the full $3100 within 5 years, my company will match it."
    It's all prenegotiated. The insurance company gets about a 40% discount from the list price, So a 31k delivery really only costs 18600 minus your 3100 coinsurance so they pay 15500.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i thought i had a good pic of my babby in full derp mode sleeping on hockey guy.
    i do not.

obsqpZzl.jpg
    you're leaving out 99% of the story here......

HE PEED ON ME
    yes....when we lifted him up after this nap we realized he had peed all over hakks

*insert r kelly joke*

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gonmun for serious bro, if you think you won't meet by hostility with "this is just how we do things, deal with it" see if you can't get yourself some answers or improve it drastically, maybe get yourself some power from the whole situation.

They don't know unless you communicate your problems.

Hostility, probably not. Aside from the jackasses that I've dealt with it hasn't been an overly hostile environment.

I guess the thing I'm more worried about being met with is a non-chalant attitude towards me and feeling like they are taking me for granted. There have been a few folks over the past couple of years who have left because they brought up things and just had it brushed off so I'm fearing a similar thing occurring.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i thought i had a good pic of my babby in full derp mode sleeping on hockey guy.
    i do not.

obsqpZzl.jpg

HE PEED ON ME
    yes....when we lifted him up after this nap we realized he had peed all over hakks

*insert r kelly joke*

*insert joke from a page ago*

#rekt

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    @Tav Amy Schumer stealing them laffs. Hide yo jokes hide yo laffs.

NSFW jokin'.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i do not.

obsqpZzl.jpg

HE PEED ON ME

*insert r kelly joke*

*insert joke from a page ago*

#rekt

*insert foot in Vanguard's ass*

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i have signed offer of full time employment
    now i am become job,

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    can confirm, being able to run blood tests whenever is a hilarious part of working in a general practice

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Started playing sunless sea. It's pretty good! The last game I ran out of fuel and supplies and prayed to a god in desperation who teleported me to the other side of the map where there was also no fuel or supplies so I bailed and died

But my heir got my sweet house and naval gun

Now to collect delicious sunlight from the surface

• Options
    I should go get a physical. It's been a few years. But I want to drop a few lbs first so I don't feel bad. Should hit sub 2 hundo in a week or so!

Last time I got a blood test the Dr. was all "yo your good cholesterol is low so eat more eggs" and I'm all "dang dude I eat so many already" so he's all "ok take fish oil pills" so I bought like a 1000 from costco but my heater went bananas last year and melted all of them together which is gross as you might imagine.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Roadworks on my street this week

Parking will be PFAB

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    House is on the market

Signed the agency agreement an hour ago

There are two people coming to view it in an hour

Here's hoping for a bidding war

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    oh hello feelings of wanting a more operational style job

we meet again

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Started playing sunless sea. It's pretty good! The last game I ran out of fuel and supplies and prayed to a god in desperation who teleported me to the other side of the map where there was also no fuel or supplies so I bailed and died

A good way to start is taking those tomb colonist dudes on a wild and wacky world tour. At least it was last time I played. But yeah sunlight runs will get you bank as well.

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    House is on the market

Signed the agency agreement an hour ago

There are two people coming to view it in an hour

Here's hoping for a bidding war

Construct a trap door leading to fabulous treasure that only the legal owner of the house can avail of.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

A good way to start is taking those tomb colonist dudes on a wild and wacky world tour. At least it was last time I played. But yeah sunlight runs will get you bank as well.

Oh yeah I actually have enough money to do that now. I got a ton of money by transporting basalt from the lions

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wash wrote: »

at some point, watching people fire shots into the air in movies started to really bug me a lot

those bullets have to come down eventually

how often do we ever see the consequences of that

outside of that scene in Crank 2

The Mexican

• Options
    Darkest Dungeon got it's release

wooo.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I could never get into Sunless Sea. The game does a poor job teaching its mechanics to new players IMO.

• Options
    Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said "This is an admiralty court!"

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I got hooked up with a coffee dude on the surface. 80 echoes per bag. I have the frigate so I can get a decent quantity up there, even with all of the space that the fuel and supplies take up to get there.

I'm just on the edge of going insane from sunlight so that's on hold until I gradually bring it down by sleeping.

i went through a ton of effort to get Memento Mori, the quest gun from the Irrepressible engineer as well as the badass engine, fulgent something or other, from the Tireless Mechanic. That one was a huge pain and required upgrading to the frigate (cargo ship would have worked too) to have the space for the 40 ivory requirement.

I can take down lifebergs pretty easily (they still get in some licks though) but I don't think I want to fuck with Mt. Nomad.

• Options
    I could never get into Sunless Sea. The game does a poor job teaching its mechanics to new players IMO.

The sunless sea wiki basic guide was super helpful

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I would like a game like that, but with more robust trading and compat and less "talk of Zhe Zeeeeaaaa"
    Sea. S-E-A.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

"Mechanics"

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    MrMister wrote: »
    Things: kindness isn't tone policing, a post at feminist philosophers, and also another with similar theme about call-outs (followed by some hefty disagreement from Rachel McKinnon in the comments)

Both basically preaching to the choir in my case, though I didn't realize a frontpager at FP was carrying the same torch, as I had more or less stopped reading it for reasons not unrelated--just saw these because they were linked by another site I do read.

@mrmister

One day I would like an advocate of one of these call-out cultures to explain how, exactly, it differs from a Maoist self-criticism session.

I think McKinnon actually nearly clinches a solution, i.e., that a call-outer must first explain how they, themselves, have committed such a fault in the past, before they may go on to criticize others for that fault. The greater the sin, the more meaningful one's introspection, shall we say. That discourages the shadowy power struggle over being faultless or faulted - everyone is pre-emptively a sinner.

but she's too busy wanking over the idea that doing something with love makes calling-out into an entirely different "calling-in". She'd make a good youth pastor. Spread the Word with God's love, people!

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice guys, will definitely be calling again in a bit. In other news, MinecraftEDU was a hit with my first period class!

• Options
    "Young Billy Batson, great power is yours whenever you say my name."
    ":Shazam:, of the clan :Wizard:!"

• Options
    I just flailed around and died a bunch in sunless sea and had a blast with it and eventually figured it out.

Also everyone playing should go to Visage because it's awesome.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am willing to take the criticisim that I did not give Sunless Sea enough of a chance. Maybe it isn't for me.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    how do they get the oil out of the fish

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have signed offer of full time employment
    now i am become job,

What job are you?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.